Chapter 17

Incompletion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]SEVENTEEN[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]The sound of a fax machine receiving a message filled the office room, while Yuri sat at her desk with a stack of papers in front of her. At the top of it was a list of examples of food for Donghae and Yoona's weddings party.

"The outdoor photos turned out great," Hyoyeon was sitting at her own desk, flipping a photo album that just arrived this morning. "Donghae and Yoona make a perfect couple."

Yuri rubbed her temple as she said nothing at the comment. She did not know how to express that she did not care. She did not care about the result of their photos, she did not care about how they looked like in the photos, and she did not even care if they were named as couple of year.

The only thing she cared about was how to tell Yoona that the other night they spent together was not a fling, and she was ready to gamble everything in her life, including her career to get Yoona back in her life again.

I need to tell her before they pull off their wedding.

The thought was accompanied by a brief knock on the door before a guy stepped into the view. Donghae stood in the middle of the room, his eyes roamed quickly to spot Yuri. He looked somehow tense and rigid.

"Good morning Donghae," Hyoyeon greeted him cheerfully as she showed him the album in her hand, "Your pre-wedding photos are here. All we need is finding suitable frame to make it perfect."

"Don't bother to find the frame anymore," Donghae said, gaining attentions from Yuri as well. She looked up from her papers to see Donghae looked straight at her.

"I'm sorry, what do you mean?" asked Hyoyeon as she stood up from her seat.

"I came here to tell you that I'd cancelled the agreement to use your services as my wedding planner," Donghae pulled out a paper that looked like a personal statement letter and put it on Yuri's table, ignoring the shocked expression and the confusion he just created.

"You mean you fired us?" Hyoyeon couldn't hide the shock out of her voice, while Yuri looked more composed as she rose from her seat.

"What's wrong?" Yuri asked in calm tone.

"The only wrong here is you!" Donghae pointed his finger at Yuri, his gaze fixed on her sharply as if he was ready to explode any soon. "Why did you never tell me that you had known my fiancée before and that you guys used to be good friend? Why did you lie to me for years?"

Yuri froze at the questions, feeling a rising wave of panic inside her. She had seen this coming but didn't expect their confrontation to happen this quick.

"What point is there to tell you? There is nothing to be told."

"If there is nothing, why don't you just be honest with me?" Donghae's voice climbed with every word as he nearly shouting. "Do you think I'm a fool? I am not blind, and I know you have feelings for my fiancée."

"So what if I do?" Yuri knew she was setting a fire, but she couldn't keep the words from tumbling out of , not anymore. And now the tension in the air was tangible.

"You're disgusting!" Donghae snapped furiously, not expecting Yuri to be so frankly. He expected Yuri to deny it, to show an attempt to give him explanation, an attempt to fix their friendship. But when Yuri looked back at him, he knew whatever friendship they had before was over.

"Guys, I think we can talk about this." Hyoyeon interrupted. She approached them and looking at Donghae politely. "Donghae, you know we are bound by a contract, you can't just pull away like this."

"My decision was made, and I will not change it." Donghae said in a firm tone, his voice carrying a sense of finality to it. "And you, don't you ever come near my fiancée again or I will make sure you regret it."

"Is this a threat?" Yuri asked, determined to not seem weak. If she was about to challenge Donghae, she knew she had to grow stronger than before.

"Yes, it is." Donghae replied, confirming the begining of their battle. The only voice Yuri could hear after that was Hyoyeon's gasp followed by Donghae's footstep as he walked out the room with loud thud on the door.

For some moments, Yuri could only stare blankly at the shutting door. Donghae had found out! He knew about their past relationship! Did Yoona already know about this? What would he do to Yoona?

"Are you okay?" Hyoyeon's question reminded Yuri that she was not alone. She turned around to see Hyoyeon approaching her with glass of water on her hand.

"Here, drink it."

Yuri took the glass without words, she was too stunned to say something. She felt overwhelmed at the moment, but also found a huge relief at the fact that she could stop pretending. From now on she didn't have to pretend that her feeling toward Yoona did not exist.

"Honestly, I don't know what just happened here," muttered Hyoyeon as she eyed Donghae's paper on the table. "Do you think we have to sue him?"

"No, don't do that."

That thought never crossed Yuri's mind. She was grateful enough to know she wasn't trapped with her responsibility to prepare their wedding.

"But he had broken our contract. At least we have to make him pay the cancellation penalties."

"That's okay, I will take care of it." Yuri said, although she did not know how to handle the situation. They would suffer a great loss because the preparation had reached 90% but right now, her mind was too occupied to something else.

"I need to call Yoona," Yuri said as she pulled out her phone. She pressed Yoona's number before dialled it. She bit her nails as she waited patiently for the other line to pick it up.

"She didn't answer?" Hyoyeon asked after the third try.

Yuri let out a sigh of exasperation as she sat back in her chair in defeat. Her mind still didn't work properly when Hyoyeon asked her hesitantly.

"So is that true? About you and Yoona?"

Yuri didn't answer. She didn't quite know how to answer but Hyoyeon took her silence as confirmation.

"I knew it!" exclaimed Hyoyeon suddenly in excited voice that startled Yuri. "I always knew there was chemistry between you, and the way the two of you looked at each other is different-"

Yuri rubbed her temple as she threw Hyoyeon dead glare and Hyoyeon took it as cue to stop talking.

"Okay I will stop." Hyoyeon mimed zipping her lips but she couldn't help herself from smiling so she added, "I find it cute."

 


"Thank you for having me here, Dad, Mom," Donghae smiled, showing off his usual charming smile to Mr. and Mrs. Im. They were sitting inside the dining room of Im family because Mr.Im insisted on having a Christmas family dinner, which Yoona found a bit odd considering Christmas had passed.

"I'm happy to see you here with us, despite your busy schedule," Mr. Im smiled pleasantly across the table.

"I'm glad to spare my time for this special dinner."

"Good, because we need to do this more often as now you are a part of this family."

"You have to take a break from your job," Mrs. Im spoke softly in her motherly tone. "How are your wedding preparations anyway?"

Yoona flinched at the question. She had no idea about the preparation. She had been avoiding Yuri and she hadn't even spoken to Donghae since the night's incident. But Donghae seemed at ease. He was so calm as if the night's emotional conversation was never happen. Or at least, that was what Yoona thought.

"I just went to talk to our wedding planner and break up my agreement for using their service," the statement was said smoothly as if he had been practicing it. And his calm voice was contrast with the shock faces around the table.

"Was everything okay while we're abroad?" Mrs. Im asked, worry imprinted on her face and Yoona felt like the air being out of her lungs. This was it, the moment she scared the most, the moment her parent finally knew her biggest secret, the moment when Donghae told her parents about her ual orientation.

"Anything is okay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter