Chapter 11

Incompletion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]ELEVEN[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Yuri opened her eyes slowly and was blinded by the early sunlight shining to her direction. She groaned and buried her face to soft pillow but then she grimaced in confusion when she realized that she wasn't at her bed. Where was she?

Slowly the memories from the night before coming back to her and Yuri's eyes snapped open, instantly becoming fully awake. A faint sound from kitchen confirmed that she wasn't alone. Yoona was spending night at her apartment, and they shared the same couch last night.

There was barely time for Yuri to react when her apartment bell rang. She quickly got up from the couch and adjusted clothes, tying her hair in messy ponytail, before walked to open the apartment door.

She was expecting polite greeting or at least good morning from her guest but the guy who was standing in front of her door staring at her with impatient face.

"I came to pick my fiancée."

Yuri blinked her eyes when she realized the guy as her best friend but Donghae's facial expression was far from friendly and Yuri started to feel bad. She opened , just about to greet him and asked Donghae to come in when Yoona's voice stopped her.

"I am here." Yoona stood behind Yuri, already dressing back to her own clothes that were wet last night.

Yuri automatically moved a little bit away from doorstep, giving Yoona space so the latter could face Donghae.

"You're okay?" Donghae asked his fiancée protectively as Yoona gave him a brief nod of assurance. "Of course I am okay."

"Let's go home." Donghae suggested, though his tone made it sounded more like a command.

Yoona just nodded calmly before she turned to face Yuri. And when their eyes met, Yoona gave her a genuine smile, as she was thanking Yuri for taking care of her last night. "See you, Yuri..."

"See you, Yoona." Yuri replied softly as she watched the two of them walking away from her apartment with a dejected look on her face. Her heart hammered against her chest with every step Yoona took. There again, the reality displayed in her eyes that Yoona has someone else, she was going to married someone else.

Yuri closed her door, trying to ignore the inner turmoil inside her that urged her to chase after Yoona and brought that girl back to her apartment.

To distract her thought, Yuri walked to her kitchen, and about to get a water when she glanced over the kitchen counter that had arranged neatly. There were a glass of orange juice on the table with toast next to it, while a small bottle with small piece of paper were placed next to the toast.

Yuri held up the piece of paper before read the note.

Thanks for accompanying me last night. Eat your breakfast and then apply your wounds with the ointment. Wish you get better soon, Yul.

Yuri eyed a light burned area in piece of toast before grabbed the bottles off the table. A small smile graced her lips. At least she knew that Yoona had made effort for their friendship. Yoona still cares about her.

 


Donghae started up the car before backed out of the parking space, and moment later both of them had left Yuri's apartment building, neither one speaking.

Every few minutes Yoona would glance through rear view mirror, desperately wanting to break the silence but fearful that she'd somehow upset her fiancé.

"You have to stop making me panic." Donghae finally spoke up in stern voice. He kept his eyes focused on the road, driving through the highway while Yoona still sitting next to him soundlessly. She pressed her lips together into a flat line, didn't know how to respond but Donghae pressed on.

"Why should you go to her apartment?" His voice is calmer but Yoona still could detect tinge of annoyance in it.

"I just checked on her condition." Yoona reasoned calmly.

"It didn't mean you have to run out from hospital in cold night." Donghae retorted, and Yoona felt the swelling up anger.

"She is injured because of Krystal!" The sarcasm laced in her voice more than she intended to.

"You could have called to ask her condition, or at least let me drive you there." Donghae argued back, obviously didn't satisfied with the way Yoona respond him. "Are you that afraid of her?"

Yoona took her time to inhale a deep calming breath, before casted Donghae a curious look.

"How about you? Aren't you afraid of her? I think you two are best friend."

"Well..." Donghae cleared his troat. "I know Yuri and I'm pretty sure she was capable of taking care of herself."

Yoona tore her eyes away, staring at out the window as a respond of Donghae's statement. She watched the world go by out of the car window, trying to absorb Donghae's reason.

What Donghae said was true, and after being Yuri's friend over years, Yoona learned that Yuri was always able to take care of herself. She was got used to do anything by herself since she was kid and that was just another reason of why Yoona admired Yuri so much.

If there was something Yoona didn't understand, it was a change of Donghae's attitude to Yuri. He was so kindly and relaxed the first time he introduced Yuri to her but right now, it felt like every topic about Yuri could burn him.

"Why are you so upset?" After a moment of silence, finally the question came out from Yoona's mouth before she could stop it.

Donghae pulled the car into the carport of Yoona's house before stopped the car engine and turned to give Yoona gentle look.

"My fiancée just rushing out hospital without saying a single word and didn't answer my phone calls. Is it weird if I am upset?" His voice was calm and steady now, but his distress evident on his features. The guilt had practically costumed Yoona, not only for what she had done last night, but also for other trouble she gave him, like got drunk in his birthday party. Yet this guy always be patient to her all the times.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Donghae took Yoona's right hand and her cheek with his other hand gently, "I think I am just afraid..." He trailed off as the sudden fear generated in Yoona's chest.

"Afraid of what?"

Donghae met Yoona's gaze, seemingly in deep thought.

"Just forget it, I'm sorry... There are too many things running in my head these days and I started to think about some crazy thing. I don't know, I'm scared of how close

you two and this was silly." He admitted truthfully, suddenly felt so shy with his own thoughts. This time, it was Yoona who made first move as she rubbed Donghae's hand gently.

"You know you don't have to be afraid. I am your fiancée and we will get married soon. You're my future and with you I will spend my life with." Yoona assured, silently prayed that Donghae didn't catch hesitation inside her voice. And that guy didn't, because he was too busy trying to suppress his own happiness from Yoona's words.

"I love you." Donghae whispered as he leaned over kiss Yoona, and she smiled against his lips, letting the bitter-sweetness of familiarity sweep over her.

"I love you too." Yoona answered back, knowing it was nothing else but out of habit.

 


After sharing few moment of kissing, Yoona finally pulled away and both of them walked into the house. The home was usually quiet in morning but Yoona jumped slightly when she heard a woman's voice.

"Good morning."

She saw her mom walking towards them from the dining room. Yoona did not expect to meet her mom right now, because she couldn't found good excuse for not coming home last night but a smile formed on her mom's face like nothing had happened.

"Good morning Mom." Donghae was the one who greeted back.

"So do you have fun last night?" Yoona's heart pounded so hard from the question, but then the older woman turned towards Donghae and continued, "I wish the family gathering run well."

"We did have fun." Donghae answered casually as he put his arm over Yoona's shoulder to pull her closer. "I'm sorry we ended the gathering late that caused Yoona to stay at my home because of storm."

"That's okay, as long as my daughter was with you, I know she will be safe."

Yoona casted Donghae question look over her shoulder, completely clueless with the flow of conversation, she was about to ask when her mom saying again, "We're just going to have breakfast, you two might join us as well."

With that the older woman walked to dining room.

"You called my mom last night." Yoona pointed out with rather low voice, as they heading to dining room as well.

"Yeah because I know you won't." Donghae replied with same level voice.

"You're lying." was the only thing Yoona could say as she was unsure whether she should be grateful or she should be panic because Donghae had to lie because of her.

"I did it for you."

"What if my mom call your mom and asking about the gathering? She will find out."

"She won't, trust me." Donghae reassured, convincing smile played on his lips as they walked in dining table where Yoona's parent had sat on their own seat.

"Good morning Dad." Donghae greeted Mr.Im as Yoona approached her dad and gave him soft peck on his cheek.

"Good moring love birds." Mr.Im smiled at Yoona and Donghae happily, as the couple took their seat.

Yoona stared at the well served table full of food as she realized that she didn't have dinner. She only had hot chocolate Yuri made for her last night.

"I'm glad to know that yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter