Chapter 10

Incompletion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]TEN[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Yuri was sitting in the corner of the room. She was staring at the thin white curtain that was hanging from rails in the ceiling, at the buzzing monitor that was sitting inside a cart, and at the small television at the other corner of the room. She tried to look anywhere but the other girl inside the hospital room with a bandaged head.

"It won't change anything between us," Krystal said curtly. She was sitting in bed with a hand still connected to intravenous fluids that were hanging next to her bed. The girl had gained her consciousness back.

Hospital officials took care of Krystal immediately when Yuri brought her here while the other nurse had cleaned the wounds on Yuri's hands and feet. She just needed to wait for the nurse to put some ointment on her wounds.

Yuri chose to ignore Krystal's statement and just kept sitting quietly in the room when the girl pressed on. "You can leave."

This time Yuri turned her face towards Krystal when suddenly Yoona's words echoed in her ears.

"She really hates hospitals. She never wants to be left alone in the hospital." Yoona laughed as she told Yuri about her cousin was getting hospitalized due to high fever.

"I'm not here for you okay? I just need some treatments and then I will go," Yuri responded flatly and didn't move from her seat.

Krystal just let out a scoff of annoyance but didn't argue more as a peaceful silence engulfed both of them. They were waiting for the nurse to come back when the door opened widely, and a middle-aged woman with brown winter coat barged into the room with a panicked face. "Soo Jung!"

"Mom?" Krystal straightened her seat as the woman rushed to her.

"Oh my God, what happen to you? Did you get hurt?" the woman asked frantically as her eyes examined her daughter from head to toe.

"Mom, I'm fine." Krystal tried to calm her mom, but the woman was nowhere near the state of calmness and she turned more furious as her eyes spotted Yuri.

"You!" She yelled in Yuri's face as she pointed her index finger at her. "What did you do to my daughter?"

"No, I-" Yuri rose from her seat quickly as she tried to explained the real situation just to get cut by the older woman.

"You hit my daughter with car!"

"No, I didn't." Yuri shook her head but the older woman kept yelling at her.

"You have to take responsibility for what you did. I'll make sure that!"

"Ma'am, you have to listen to me first."

"I don't need to hear anything from you! Now get out from this room because I don't want to see your face!"

Yuri pressed together as she could just stare at the raging woman. Knowing what she said would never be heard, she turned her head to Krystal's direction. She tried to find out whether the girl intended to appease her mother and explain the actual events. But to her dismay, Krystal just looked away from her.

Yuri's shoulders dropped as an instant unpleasant feeling began swelling inside her. It was obvious that Krystal had no intention to speak.

Who was she to think that Krsytal would ever defend her? This girl disliked her all the time, of course Krystal enjoyed the way her mom's treated Yuri. Taking a deep, calming breath, Yuri lifted her head up straight and stepped out of the room. She didn't need to be there, she didn't need more humiliation, she didn't deserve this.

Krystal closed her eyes when Yuri walked out of the room and when she heard the sound of the door being closed, she finally let out the breath she was holding on. Giving her mom an explanation seemed like forcing her to admit that Yuri was her saviour. Saying that Yuri was the one who saved her would make she owe Yuri, and she didn't want to owe the woman she had always hated.

 

Yuri still could feel the throbbing on her hands and feet; they were begging to be cured immediately, but the unpleasant feeling kept coming back. She did not want to be here any longer. Holding back her pain, Yuri headed out from the building when she met a couple in the hallway.

"Yuri? What are you doing here?" Donghae was the first one to greet her, but Yuri's eyes are upon Yoona who was standing next to him. Her heart stopped beating for a minute as their eyes met. This was their first meeting since Donghae's birthday party and Yuri didn't find any signs of discomfort inside Yoona's look. Did she remember that night?

"Nothing really important," Yuri answered Donghae's question briefly before focusing toward Yoona again. "Are you okay?"

"Me?" Yoona's eyebrows knitted in confusion, giving Yuri puzzled expression, as if she was really clueless. "Yes, I am okay."

"You're pretty wasted last week," Yuri tried again and Yoona nodded her head, finally getting what Yuri was talking about.

"Yeah, thanks to Donghae because he was taking a good care of me," Yoona said with very normal tone that made Yuri's heart ache. Should she push a bit more? Hesitantly, Yuri pulled something out of her pocket.

"You left this in my car." The first thing Yuri noticed was the change of Donghae's behaviour as the guy turned rigid, while Yoona looked puzzled, staring at the tiny thing in Yuri's hand that belonged to her.

How could Yuri have her lipgloss?

The question never left Yoona's mouth because Donghae cut their conversation just there.

"Oh, Krystal got accident and we're about to visit her," Donghae held Yoona's hand firmly and faced Yuri . "See you next time."

With that, both of them walked past Yuri toward the elevator.

She did not remember. Yuri tried to assure herself as she made her way out of building.

The cold air of winter immediately caressed Yuri's face, followed by a mixture of disappointment and relief that surged inside her chest. The fact that Yoona didn't remember that night should be a relief, but disappointment was the most evident feeling she felt. Now whatever happened that night would be forever buried like a dream that never existed. She would be the only person who knew about the night and as the time went by, the confession would feel like a hallucination by itself.

The glimpse of hope that Yoona had ever loved her back disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared.

 

Yuri sighed and tightened her coat around her body. The air had become increasingly cold as the snow fell heavier than it had before. The road was mainly covered in a thick white layer of snow. Yuri found herself still turned around, staring into the hospital building in silence. What was she doing here? Why did she let somebody yell and treat her like that? She should have let the nurse taking care of Krystal and immediately left the hospital. Or maybe, she should have just let the ungrateful girl crossing the street and be hit by the truck.

Yuri sighed at the brief thoughts. Deep in her heart, she knew she would never let it happen as long as she can prevent it. She was not the kind of person who would enjoy seeing someone in suffer, even if the person hated her.

“Haters teach you to be grateful for the people you love, hard times teach to you be grateful for the times that are good, and God, well God teaches you everything you need to know.”

All of sudden she could see her mom's warm smile through her eyes. It was the quote her mom always told her every time Yuri questioned why people hate each other, and it always managed to soothe Yuri.

Tears started to form in the corners of her eyes as Yuri remembered her mom. Somethings would never change; at the moment like this, Yuri always missed her mother. No matter what age she was or how old she grew, Yuri was still a little girl who longed for her mother.

 

"How do you feel?" Donghae asked Krystal, while Yoona just stood silently next to the bed. They hadn't talked again since their argument at the family dinner, and Yoona refused to be the first one to speak.

"I feel better, thank you," Krystal answered sweetly as she gave Donghae a look full of adoration. Yoona rolled her eyes at the sight and turned to her aunt who was sitting on the corner of room.

"What really happened?"

"She was hitted by car. And that young woman thought that she had settled the problem by bringing my daughter to hospital? She must be kidding me." The oldest scoffed, obviously still angry with the incident as an uneasy feeling swelled up inside Yoona.

"Young woman?" Yoona could tell that something was wrong but she still refused to make conclusion. "Do you know her name?"

"I don't know. I'd shooed her few minutes ago before you two came."

Yoona turned back to Krystal as she looked at the injured girl quizzically but instead of giving an explanation, Krystal looked away from Yoona.

Yoona was just about to ask another question when a nurse entered the room.

"Excuse me. Can I talk to Miss Kwon?"

"Kwon?" Yoona's heart started to pound faster against her chest.

"Yeah, the woman who registered the patient, Miss Kwon Yuri."

"If you're looking for the woman who hit my daughter by car, then I'd shooed her away."

"I'm sorry to say this Ma'am, I think you're mistaken something here,." The nurse explained calmly."The result of a blood test detected amount of alcohol and the patient was drunk when the accident happened. Based from some witnesses, the patient was about to cross the street when a car with high speed came from across the road. Ms. Kwon was the one who saved patient and brought her here-"

Yoona shook her head, turned around before briskly rushing out of the room. She still could hear Donghae's voice calling her name faintly but she didn't stop. She didn't need to hear the rest of the explanation as there was something more important than being there.

 


Yuri threw her dirty clothes into the laundry hamper before walking out of the bathroom. She immediately changed her wet clothes and cleaned herself when she reached her apartment. The wind outside was getting stronger and the weather forecast had predicted the storm for tonight.

She felt exhaustion overtake her body and slowly walked to her bedroom when the apartment bell rang.

It was nearly midnight b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter