Chapter 2

Love Online

"HYUKJAEEEEE!!!!" A sudden bang from his door made the latter wake up abruptly, yawning a bit. 

 

Another bang. "HYUKJAE! GET UP! YOU'RE RUNNING LATE!" His sister, Sora, yelled and that sentence alone made Hyukjae jump out of bed.

 

"Y-YES! I'M GETTING READY NOW! THANKS, NOONA!" He yelled back, grabbing a towel and rushing inside the shower. He finished in 5 minutes flat. Grabbing his uniform, he dressed up and snuck a glance at his clock. It read 7:15 and he cursed, his class is at 7:30!

 

Goddamit, I studied too much.

 

After dressing up, he ran downstairs (thank God he didn't trip while running down) and grabbed a piece of bread, stuffing it inside his mouth, he bade goodbye to his parents and sister (with bread still inside his mouth) and ran outside, not forgetting his things of course.


 

"You look like ," Heechul, one of his seniors said, looking at him intently. 

 

"Well, yeah. I ran. I woke up late." Hyukjae explained, not feeling offended by the older's words because he's already used to it. 

 

"Okay thenm i'm going to class now." The diva announced and walked off, not even minding to bid Hyukjae goodbye. The latter just rolled his eyes and proceeded to class. 

 

"Oh! Hey! Hyukkie, you're late..." Donghae greeted him as he sat down beside the other. 

 

"Isn't it obvious?" He replied sarcastically and his best friend cringed,

 

"Ooooh. Cranky. It's your time of the month, huh?" The fish teased and Hyukjae had to surpress his urge to punch his best friend so he decided the smartest choice, ignore him.

 

"Oh, and by the way," Donghae continued and Hyukjae now turned to him. "What?" He asked impatiently.

 

"I'm meeting Siwon later after class!" The fish answered cheerfully, smiling oh-so-wide. 

 

Hyukjae's left eye twitched, "Okay." 

 

"Oooh~ I wonder what he looks like in person? I mean, I saw his pictures but I'm still curious!" And there, Donghae started to babble nonsense as Hyukjae sighed boredly, not listening to his friend at all.

 

It was after a few minutes that their teacher arrived and Hyukjae silently thanked God Donghae stopped talking and listened to the lesson.

 

 

As the bell rang, indicating that it's already lunch break, Hyukjae stretched his muscles and stood up along with Donghae, getting ready for lunch. 

 

But his best friend's phone rang, and based on Donghae's super happy face, he was guessing that it's Siwon who was calling. 

 

Hyukjae let out a huff, stupid fish. Leaving me alone. He sent a death glare on Donghae's retreating back.

 

He proceeded to the cafeteria to meet Heechul. 

 

"Where's Donghae?" Heechul asked raising an eyebrow.

 

"Talking with his boyfriend on the phone," Hyukjae answered bitterly, sitting down just infront of the diva who was now munching his salad. 

 

"He has a boyfriend?" There was no surprised tone. It was just a mere question, as if he wasn't interested. 

 

"Well... not yet I guess," the smaller shrugged, "but it would lead to that anyways." He continued, bringing out his lunch box. 

 

"Nice." 

 

And then silence. Pure silence between the two males. It wasn't awkward, not at all. It was just .... uncomfortable. Hyukjae isn't the type of person who would entertain you. He will just sit there and let you do the talking. 

 

"You're so ing boring!" Heechul snapped, glaring daggers at Hyukjae who was eating his meal innocently. 

 

"Yeah, thanks." 

 

Another silence.

 

"WHY THE DID YOU BECOME MY FRIEND?!" The older snapped again, throwing his hands in the air dramatically. 

 

"Because I'm awesome?" Hyukjae answered with puppy eyes, irking his senior even more. 

 

"WHATEVER." 

 

The third silence. But the silence didn't even last long because Donghae joined them (Heechul silently thanking God. Of course he won't say that out loud. He is the Kim Heechul anyways).

 

"Hi, guys!" The fish greeted cheerfully. SO cheerful that Hyukjae and Heechul almost thought that Donghae would puke rainbows anytime. 

 

"Hey." 

 

Donghae sat beside Hyukjae and started taking out his lunch. Smiling happily. 

 

What is wrong with this guy. Hyukjae thought, staring at his best friend who seem to be.. well... happy.

 

"Oh! And Hyuk, I bet you already met Kyuhyun right?" Donghae asked and Hyukjae stopped chomping, swallowing it slowly.

 

"Kyuhyun? Kyuhyun who? Cho Kyuhyun?" He asked and the smaller guy nodded, eating his food and swallowing after.

 

Truthfully, if Donghae hadn't mentioned that dude, he wouldn't remember him. He's not worth it, anyway. 

 

"Ah. Him. Yeah. I guess." Hyukjae got back to eating his food.

 

"I don't know what you two bastards are talking about," Heechul suddenly chimed in, rolling his eyes. 

 

"Not worth telling you anyways." Hyukjae answered, staring at his senior. 

 

"Is that an insult or what?" The pretty male asked dangerously and Hyukjae gulped secretly. 

 

"W-What I meant was, you wouldn't be interested anyways." Hyukjae said, stuttering and Heechul only nodded. "If you say so."

 


 

 

Cho Kyuhyun: Hey. 

 

Hyukjae's right eye twitched, why the hell would this Cho guy still chat him when he already ignored him the last time.

 

Lee Hyukjae: WHAT DO YOU WANT. 

 

A few minutes without a reply and Hyukjae smiled, satisfied that the guy didn't reply. 

 

Good. 

 

It was after a few seconds and the came a ing reply.

 

Cho Kyuhyun: No need to be rude, bro. Just wanted to be friends w/ u. 

 

Lee Hyukjae: I'M NOT INTERESTED, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. 

 

Caps Lock that so he'll get my ing point. 

 

Cho Kyuhyun: I don't take no as an answer so starting now, we're friends. :D

 

Lee Hyukjae: What the is wrong with you. 

 


 

A/N: A longer(?) Chapter for you guys! Hihi. I hope you would like it. So sorry if it . (/ \) don't kill me~