The Beast's Past

The Beast Boy

 

“I’m tired, Daehyun!” Yerin groaned. Earlier, Daehyun told her that they’re going for a walk. But, they suddenly arrived at the meadow, practicing. Daehyun tought her how to defend herself, If monsters suddenly jump at her. They already practiced for hours. Daehyun is still fresh as ever, while Yerin is already worn out,she looks like will pass out in anytime. Yeah, having beast boy as your lover is really hard.

Daehyun smiled at her and offered his hand, which Yerin gladly took. Daehyun helped her stand up, since Yerin was laid down on the grass, and slung his arm on her shoulder. They found a big tree and sat under it, to protect them from the blazing sun. They sat there for a long time, enjoying the relaxing sensation from the wind’s breeze. Then suddenly Daehyun broke the silence. “ You know, I kinda miss my past life.”

Yerin looked at him. “Then why don’t you come back? I’m sure it’ll be okay if you don’t do anything bad.” Daehyun looked at her in unbelief. Did she forget that he already slaughtered a lot of people?

“It’s complicated, Yerin. As much as I want to come back to where I belong before, I just can’t. They, the government and the scientist want my power. They’ll use me to fight against the monsters, that’ll be impossible. There are a lot of monsters, while there’s only one human beast. And I can’t just let them change another human to a human beast. Once is enough.”

“So, what will you do now? We can’t just sit here like there’s nothing while humans get killed by monsters,” Yerin shrugged. Then, she widen her eyes. “Is that why? You asked me to live here with you, the forest of the monsters. So that you can find allies? Wow. I wonder if there’s ever a monster that would want to help  a human.”

“Hah, you’re really a genius, Yerin. I’m proud of you,” Daehyun kissed her cheek. “Even I haven’t thought about that before. But maybe I can find allies in here just like what you say. Believe me or not, I can talk with monsters.”

Yerin shot him a look that like, ‘Are you serious?’ “I thought you’re the genius one here, since you can escape from the government’s hand every time. What happened to your brain?”

“I don’t know. Maybe being with you made me forgetful, hehe,” he chuckled. Yerin glared at him and slapped his arm. He muttered a ‘sorry’ and pecked her lips. “Anyway, aren’t you curious about my past?”

“Of course I’m curious. But I won’t push you, if you don’t want to talk about it, then it’s okay. If you want to, then I’m all ears now.”

“I will tell you. So, you know Teliven High School? I used to be a student there. I almost graduated until one day, the soldiers followed and caught me.”

Teliven High School was made by the government, so that the young generation could grow. The humans have to mantain their generation’s quality. The school was made as comfortable as the regular common high school. The students in there wear blue blazer with white lines. But the different is the students love to stay at school than stay at home.

Even if they’re in the main area, where they get protection from the government, there’s still some probability that monsters will come after them. At their home, they’ll remember that now, monsters are all around them. But, at the school, they’re safe; the school has very high protection from the monsters.

“*sigh*...We have the final exams next week. If we graduate, we won’t be in this school again! It means no more protection!” said the boy in the group of 3 boys. The boy has brown hair and an idiotic face. Then, he grinned at his friends. “How about we fail on purpose?”

“Are you crazy?” the blonde haired boy said in anger while punching his friend’s shoulder. “As much as we love this school, we can’t stay here forever! We have to graduate, Hoseok!” He laughed at his friend whining about his shoulder. “Stop whining or I’ll give you flying shoes. You hurt my ears.”

 “Oh, come on Namjoon, there’s no need for violences. I’m just joking, right, Dae?” Hoseok slung his arm on Daehyun shoulder. But Daehyun shrugged it quickly.

“I’m sorry, Hoseok, I have to be on Namjoon’s side right now. Seriously, how old are you? Stop whining like a kid! I’m already bored with your whining. Grow up, Hoseok, we have to find a job after this,” Daehyun said.

“You hear that, Hoseok? We have to stand by ourselves from now. We can’t stay like this forever,” Namjoon slung his arm on his two friends’s shoulder. “Hah...I will miss this school.”

“Okay guys, I have to go home now.” Daehyun faced his friends, “Please control your emotions, I don’t want to hear there’s two students that died choking each other.”Daehyun said jokingly

Hoseok and Namjoon glared at him and began to tickling him. If only the monsters hadn’t woke up, they would still be living happily right now. After 3 minutes, they release Daehyun. Daehyun waved his hand at his friends before he walked home.

He always likes to walk. The road is always empty. Maybe there’s only one or two public transport. He loves the silence. That’s why he loves to walk instead of taking the school bus that’ll be filled by students chattering and laughing.

Suddenly, Daehyun stopped. He looked around him. Strange, he thought. Then, he starts to hear clanking sounds behind him. His breath hitched and gulped. He realized that SOMETHING IS FOLLOWING HIM.

Daehyun took a deep breath and started running quickly.He turned to a small road to hide there. He thought the thing following him had disappeared, but, he was wrong. He looked behind him and saw 3 soldiers; each of them was holding a gun. He sighed and started to run as fast as he can. He doesn’t want to lose his life! There’s still a delicious cheesecake waiting for him to be eaten!

Glad that the road is empty. Well, it’s always be. Daehyun ran and ran, leaving the soldiers behind. He looked back and saw that the soldiers have given up. He sighed in relief. He can slow down his pace right now. He started to walked normally until his breath stopped.

He looked down and spotted a tiny metal red tube jabbed on his leg. A poison bullet. He pulled the red bullet and threw it away. Why can’t they just leave him? Why do they want him?

Daehyun endured the dizzying feeling inside him. But he just couldn’t. His head started to feel heavy. His sight was blurred. He was completely hopeless now.In his mind he thought "Goodbye my life, goodbye my parents, goodbye my friends, and goodbye my delicious cheesecake." Then, everything went black.

“The next thing I knew I was lying on a giant transparent capsule. I’m have already became the Beast Boy. I don’t really remember it. But I heard that I’m the only experiment that had succeeded. There were four experiments that day.”

“Oh, I knew the news. The day when you became the human-monster,if they failed.It would have been the last day for the scientist who did experiment, . But they succeed. Do you think that maybe they might…”

“No. They won’t make any human-monster again. The scientists have formed many teams with different formulas for each human, hoping that one of their formulas would succeed. Each team has to make their own formula. So the other team wouldn't have any time to know the other team’s formula. And the team that has made me,are already dead. Right after I was awakened, to be the human-monster.I killed every scientist on my team ”

   The scientists have lost their hope. Their last experiment has failed. One of them began to take of his uniform, and then followed by his other 3 friends. But the other one just couldn’t stop to operate the machine that hold Daehyun’s destiny. His teammates have tried to stop him, but he’s too stubborn. With the help of the two soldiers that guarded them, this stubborn scientist stopped. 6 against 1 is not fair, really.

But what happened next almost made them die of shock. Daehyun’s heart suddenly started beating really fast. His body started to show some reactions. The screen that showed Daehyun’s body conditions has flashed a green light, instead of red light, indicating that their experiment has succeeded.

Daehyun slowly opened his eyes. His fingers nails have sharpen. His teeth started to sharpen and revealing his fangs that is much too far from the normal human. He struggled to break himself free of the capsule. He growled and glared at the scientist that watched him, flashing his bloody red eyes. He growled loudly and let out sharp bones that looked like wings on his back. He spread and flapped his wings,which shattered the capsule into pieces.

He was blinded in rage. He didn’t know why, it’s just plain anger. He rushed to the three frightened scientists and flapped his wings on them, killing them instantly. The two soldiers moved fast, they shot regular bullets to Daehyun’s body, that planted on Daehyun’s stomach. Daehyun reached the bullet and threw it away. Slowly, the wound on his stomach sarted to close, leaving smooth skin and no traces of the wound and blood. Daehyun smirked at the soldiers.

One soldier managed to shot a poison bullet to Daehyun, but Daehyun is standing still, ignoring the dizzying feeling from that poison bullet. He became angry and killed the two soldiers, exactly after they managed to shot one poison bullet on him. He growled loudly and turned around.

The other two scientists tried to escape, but Daehyun rushed on to them and clawed them. They died in an instant. Daehyun smirked again. He heard the annoying sound that came from the machine, he walked to it, and destroyed everything that caught his eyes. He spreads his wings and changed them into leathery black wings. He ran to the window on the back of the room and punched it. He jumped from the window and flew away.

“That was the first time I flew with my wings. Added by the horrible effect from the poison bullet, I fled carelessly. But I managed to arrived at the Forest of the Monsters,” Daehyun added.

“Wow…You really need to control your temper. You can’t just kill everyone in your sight,” Yerin stared at him in wide eyes.

“That’s why; I have you, my princess. I learnt how to control my rage because of you. I was controlled by rage before, but now I control it. I don’t know how to react if I suddenly hurt you,” Daehyun grabbed her hand and kissed it.

“Oh! I know that! You used your rage to fight the monsters. Well, that’s how it supposed to work. I don’t think that it can be called ‘rage’ anymore. Since you’re not blinded in anger, you can think and you use your emotions. So its called ‘transform’ I think?”

Suddenly, 5 yellow two-headed dogs rushed to them. Daehyun and Yerin quickly stood up. Daehyun stepped in front of Yerin, while Yerin prepares her sword. The yellow dogs growled and barked at them, they  slowly encircled them. Daehyun whispered to Yerin. “I think I have to ‘transform’ right now.” He growled, his eyes became red and spread his bone wings, before he defeats the dogs. 


Chapter 2 is up! Sorry if there's some mistakes... Tell me how is it ^^ 

©moonshadowarrior