Breathtaking Conversation

Splendor in Love

Chapter 2

                “Umm... My name is Son Naeun. Nice to meet you, Sunbae-nim...” Naeun bowed a little and smiled to him. Out of the blue, Taemin’s heart skips a beat seeing her smiling sweetly like that. Luna’s just looking at the two.

                “Nice to meet you too, Naeun-ssi, I’m Lee Taemin,” Taemin smiled and stretched his hand to Naeun. Naeun welcomes his hand shyly for shake hands.

                “So... You are not a freshman? I’m sorry but...why do I think that I’ve never seen you?” Taemin raised his eyebrows, making the girl nervous.

                “I... I... Maybe it’s because I am not as famous as you, and I barely take part in faculty’s events,” answered Naeun, letting out some fake chukles.

                “Ah... I see... So, I hope you’ll enjoy finishing those design team’s tasks for our event’s sake. Don’t burden yourself. If you need something, you can ask me,” Taemin sounded so manly, and he smiles again to her.

                “Ne, Taemin sunbae, I’ll work hard,” Naeun didn’t know how to response, she feels butterfly in her stomach, she bowed again.

                ‘Crap! He’s so handsome when smiling,’ Naeun thought.

                The atmosphere’s getting more awkward. Both of them don’t know what to do, since it’s their first interaction. So, they just look at each other’s face-smile-look at the ground. Luna feels something strange between her close friend and her hoobae. She smirks.

                Suddenly...

                “Yah, Taemin-ah! Your jajangmyun’s getting cold! Eat it now or I’ll take it!” shouted Jongin from behind, breaking the ice, making Taemin and Naeun flinched. Taemin curses inside.

                “Heoll that guy! Well, Taemin, looks like you have something to do, so, we’re going to leave now. Naeun-ah, let’s go! Or...” Luna said unsure.

                “ Have you guys take lunch? Wanna eat with us?” asked Taemin, “I think it would be better if we could eat together...”

                “Aishhh... Lee Taemin! It doesn’t look like you, but seriously, you ask someone that you just knew?? I wonder why are you so straight forward...especially to a pretty girl here,” teased Luna, she really likes to tease Taemin since Taemin has never been attracted to any girl in their campus before, even the hottest one. And just by looking into his eyes, she knew that Taemin has some feelings to her hoobae. Naeun can feel her cheeks are blushing because of what Luna said. She just smiles and looks down to the ground. She has no courage to look at Taemin.

                “Wh...What did you mean? I...I just want to release the awkwardness between me and my partner,” said Taemin defending himself. He doesn’t dare to look into Naeun’s eyes because he’s so shy too. He thinks he’d rather giving lecture in front of hundred students than facing Naeun after Luna said something that embarrassed him like that.

                “Well, you’re so unlucky, Mr. Handsome, I know what is your intention but we just had our lunch and I’m so busy, so I’ll go...but...it’s up to Naeun whether she wanna stay here or not...” Luna turns her head to Naeun.

                ‘Please stay... Please stay...’ hoped Taemin.

                “Umm... I’ll go with you, Luna sunbae! I...I have something to do before the class starts at 1,” said Naeun almost immediately. Actually, she’s having leisure now, however, she doesn’t know what to do if Luna leaves her with her male sunbaes and one of them is the most charming guy on her faculty, even her university, so, she just made a  random reason to ‘runaway’ from those extremely awkward and strange moments. On the other side, Taemin feels disappointed because it means he has no more time to get closer with Naeun, but then he understands how Naeun would feel if she was left alone with him, Kwonho, and Jongin.

                “Ooo I can feel someone is disappointed right now...” teased Luna to Taemin while winking at him. Once again, Naeun feels her cheeks are burning red. She’s really clueless about how to react. In front of her, Taemin just inhales deeply because of his friend’s behavior which can’t stop teasing him.

                “Dear Luna my beautiful friend, you’ll be more beautiful if you learn how to keep quiet...” said Taemin while smiling and patting Luna’s shoulder. He doesn’t want to look bad in front of Naeun, that’s why he keeps calm even though Luna has made him feeling like he wanna go into the earth’s core because of embarrassment. Luna knows that Taemin want to act cool in front of Naeun, she just shrugged then grabs Naeun’s hand.

                “Come on, Naeun! We’re going now, well, bye Taemin-ah!” said Luna. “Bye guys!” she waved her hand to Jongin and Kwonho.

                “Taemin sunbae, I gotta go... Good bye!” Naeun smiled and bowed again.

                “Ah...it’s nice to meet you, Naeun-ah! Good bye! See you next time!” replied Taemin. ‘Oh God, was I too obvious?! How could I say that?’ Taemin thought that something’s wrong with his last sentence right after he blurted it out.

                After Luna and Naeun left, Taemin comes back to his table, where his friends have already finished their meal.

                “Ya! What were you talking about? It looks like there is something interesting there,” asked Jongin. Kwonho’s curious too, he put away his cellphone and focus on Taemin.

                “Guys... I think I was wrong about today. I thought today is a bad day for me but it suddenly turns out to be a good one after I met her,” said Taemin while smiling, then he starts to eat his lunch. Kwonho and Jongin smell something suspicious with their friend.

                “Whoa...whoa...wait... So, who’s that girl?”asked Kwonho and Jongin at the same time.

                “Hmmm I’ll tell you guys later after I finish this!”

~

                After they’ve all done eating, they move to the park near the canteen. Taemin told everything abou the girl they saw earlier, he even told Jongin and Kwonho about what was going with his heart when he stood in front of Naeun.

                “Waaa...you have fallen for her, Taemin-ah!” said Kwonho.

                “I...I don’t know,” said Taemin, he’s actually confused about his own feeling. But one thing that he’s so sure about is, he has never felt this way to any other girls before.

                “Taemin-ah, go get closer with her! Who knows she’s the one for you...after all this time...” Jongin patted his friend’s head.

                “Ya!!! Don’t tell me what to do like I’m 5 years old! I know that I must chase her... And I will,” said Taemin.

                “I bet not long after this the girls all over this campus will be brokenhearted,” Jongin smirked to Kwonho, whilst Taemin is trying hard to remember whether he has met Naeun before or not, and he surely will meet her again.

~

                Naeun is in the class so much earlier than she’s supposed to be. Her mind is in chaos, remembering what has happened earlier in the canteen. She was talking to Lee Taemin. Once again, LEE TAEMIN, the boy that she’s adored since she was a freshman in the university just because of his achievements. But she didn’t really care since she’s so introvert, besides she’s too focus on her academic and some not-so-popular-organizations. And now, it feels like her world’s flipped right after she met Taemin. She feels something when stared at his eyes, his dazzling eyes.

                ‘Oh gosh, what did he do to me? Why am I feeling like this?’ Naeun puts her head on the table. She has no experience about falling in love, she only heard it from her close friends; the great feelings when they’re in love with someone. ‘Now, I know how it feels’. Then, she wonders when she will meet him again.

 

 

- to be continued -

 


Author's note:

Is it boring??? Please tell me your opinions! I'm glad for reading all those comments from you :)