Signs and Symptoms

Splendor in Love

Chapter 5

                 Naeun feels the sun light’s entering her bedroom through the window as her mother opening the curtains there. She rubs her eyes and looks at the clock, 9 AM. She jumps right away.

                “OH MY GOD!! I’M LATE FOR THE MORNING CLASS!” yelled Naeun.

                “Good morning, Princess, what class are you talking about? Today is Saturday,” said Mrs. Son lovingly.

                “Is it Saturday?!?! Oh thank God...” Naeun stays sitting on her bed.

                “Yes it is. Is there any appointment you have for today?” asked Naeun’s mom while her daughter’s long wavy hair.

                “Ah, yes. I have to go to print all the posters and also banners for the upcoming event...” answered Naeun.

                “Should I call Mr. Park to drive you today?”

                “No, I’ll take the bus... The place to print the stuff isn’t far from here though.”

                “Well, be careful, darling! Now, get down from your bed and get ready, I have prepared the breakfast for you, Saeun, and dad as well.”

                “Yes, Boss!” said Naeun, heading to the bathroom.

                Before leaving Naeun’s room, Mrs. Son checks the laundry bucket, wanting to take all of Naeun’s clothes to the washing machine near the kitchen, doing her routines. But then, she saw unfamiliar black jacket in it. She senses unusual thing. She knows very well that her oldest daughter loves black, but the model of the jacket itself isn’t for woman, so she feels something’s weird. Mrs. Son lets it pass and continues what she’s doing, and leaves Naeun’s room.

                When Naeun’s done take a bath, she checks her phone. As she presses the unlock button, her lips curve into a wide smile. She remembers she didn’t check her phone after texted her parents, she just went straight to sleep. A new message came in last night.

 

Naeun-ah, I just arrived at my home safely. Hope you’ll have a good night rest :)

-Taemin

 

                Naeun keeps gazing at her phone. She doesn’t know how to reply that message. Her feelings are mixed into one. ‘I just started the day yet he has given me heart attack for his action again.’ But of course, she is really excited. Even though it has been 10 minutes Naeun stares at her phone, she still doesn’t know what to respond. She keeps trying to type the reply but always ends up with deleting it. Few minutes after that, her mom calls her to take a breakfast. But before going to the dining room, she sends something to Taemin as she doesn’t want to be guilty for not replying his message, and of course because she wants to.

 

I’m sorry I didn’t see your message last night. I did, I had a good rest. Have a great weekend, Oppa! ^^

 

~

                “Naeun-ah, do you already have a boyfriend?” asked Mrs. Son so sudden. Naeun is very shocked to hear what her mom say, she almost chokes on her orange juice.

                “Whoaaaa unnie!!! How could you not tell me?” protested Saeun, Naeun’s sister. She’s 3 years younger than Naeun. Naeun doesn’t have any idea how can her mom and sister are talking something like that.

                “W-Wait wait... Mom, what do you mean? Why did you ask something like that?”

                “I guess it’s you who have to explain why that black jacket for men was in your laundry...” said Mrs. Son while smiling. Actually she’s not mad if Naeun had a boyfriend, she’s glad. But not just glad, but a bit worried as well since she doesn’t know what kind of a boy he is and furthermore, her daughters haven’t have boyfriends before.

                “Oh God... No, Mom! It’s belonged to a friend of mine, not my boyfriend. I don’t have one...” clarified Naeun. Deep in her heart she’s flustered that her mom and her sister stated that Taemin is her boyfriend, if only they knew what’s happened between her and Taemin...

                “Heoolll I don’t buy that” said Saeun, smirking to her beloved sister.

“Yah!! Stop smirking like that! Trust me, he isn’t my boyfriend. He’s my senior actually. By the way what did you do at grandma’s house, Saeun-ah?”

                “Aigoo don’t try to change the topic, unnie. Mom, I guess he is unnie’s soon-to-be boyfriend, am I right?” Saeun grins, while the older has already speechless how to explain who actually Taemin is and their mom just smiling ear to ear.

                “Saeun, you’d better hurry to put the peanut jam, I want it too. Dad!!! Help me!!! Mom and Saeun can’t be stopped from teasing me!” whined Naeun to her dad right after she saw her dad’s joining three of them in the dining room.

                “Why are my beautiful princesses being so loud in the morning?” asked Mr. Son while kissing his daughters’ cheeks then approaches his wife to kiss her, “Good morning, sweetheart.”

                After sit down on the dinning chair, Mr. Son asks the girls again, “So, what was happened earlier?”

                “We’re talking about Naeun unnie’s boyfriend, Dad. Uh, no, unnie’s soon-to-be boyfriend I mean,” said Saeun, earning death glare from her older sister.

                “Is that true? You have a boyfriend, Naeun-ah?” Somehow her dad’s voice sounds so cold, making the girl little bit afraid. She’s afraid of the idea that her father would be not pleased if she is close to a boy. All this time, he has taught her daughters that academic is their first priority. Naeun and Saeun have been grown up to beautiful ladies with their undoubtable intelligence and they have never been in such a relationship with boys because that was not in their priority. And that goes to talking about boys has been such a rare occasion in their family.

                “No, Dad. That boy is just my senior, and he lent me his jacket because I was freezing, that’s it.”

                “I see...” said Mr. Son, plain.

~

                In the other house, a man can’t help but smile widely after he saw his phone as he got up from his bed. ‘What a beautiful morning’ he thought. Taemin is really excited. He thought Naeun won’t reply his message, as she is such an introvert girl. However, he feels lucky, finally the introvert Naeun replies a private message from a boy, and it’s him.

~

                Three days after Taemin escorted Naeun to her house they have sent messages to each other frequently. Even though most of them are about the upcoming event they organize, those messages are still make their hearts beating quickly. The sense is still there and they both don’t know how to resist that.

                “Taemin, where are you going?” asked Jongin as he sees his friend in hurry right after the class end.

                “I gotta go to the building A,” said Taemin while putting all of his stuff into his backpack.

                “Meeting Naeunnie, huh?” teased Kwonho.

                “Yah! What’s with the call?! Don’t be so clingy like that!” Taemin looks so annoyed.

                “Aigooooo I just knew that our Fairy Prince can be jealous too,” said Kwonho, following the laugher from Jongin.

                “Whatever, I’m leaving first!” Taemin pats his friends’ heads and then runs to his destination.

 

(Last night)                                                                                

Taemin         :   Naeun-ah, once you get all the posters, flyers, and banners are done, please tell the

                          publication team so they can publish all of them. :-D

Naeun          :   Ok, I got it. Thank you, Oppa! :)

Taemin         :   You’re very welcome. I’m sorry for bothering you at this time. It’s 11 PM already, I know

                          maybe you’re still doing your assignment but take care of your health, don’t forget to

                          take a rest. Good night, Naeun! ^^

Naeun          :   Hehehe I just finished my assignment actually...

                          Oppa!

Taemin         :   Yes? ^^

Naeun          :   By the way, I haven’t returned your jacket... I’m wondering when can I return it. So...

Taemin         :   Ah that jacket... Do you have a spare time tomorrow?

Naeun          :   Yes. I only have class at 10 until 12 tomorrow...

Taemin         :   Well, do you mind if we’ll meet in the lobby A building?

Naeun          :   Alright, it’s lobby A building then :)

Taemin         :   Deal! ^^ See you tomorrow, Naeun-ah! Good night! :-D

Naeun          :   See you, Taemin Oppa! And...good night! ^^

 

                Honestly, Taemin doesn’t really care about his jacket yet he’s grateful his jacket’s still with Naeun because it makes them end up with making appointment like this. Taemin can’t deny that his desire to meet Naeun is increasing day by day. Now, he regrets what he did to Jongin and Kwonho in the past when they said that they can’t resist meeting their crushes every day, he mocked them. Now he knows for real what they were feeling at that time.

                Taemin enters the lobby A building. He looks around to find Naeun, but he doesn’t see her. So, he just leans his back to the wall and waits Naeun while standing on the corner. Not long after that, Naeun shows up. Right when she spots Taemin, she approaches him.

                “Taemin oppa, I’m sorry for making you wait so long here...” said Naeun. Her breath isn’t stable enough due to running to the lobby.

                “Nevermind. I just got here too though,” said Taemin with his signature sweet smile.

                “Ah, Oppa, here...your jacket. I’m very sorry I forgot it that night,” Naeun takes the jacket out of her tote bag she held, “don’t worry, I have washed it.”

                “Waah thank you so much, Naeun-ah!” Taemin receives his jacket from Naeun and put it into his backpack. “Naeun-ah, about the decoration for the main event, has your team decide it?”

                “Yes. The team is so cooperative and I don’t find any obstacles to choose the most suitable decoration.”

                “Good then. Aishhh I’m so excited for this event, Naeun-ah, you’re feeling the same, aren’t you?”

                “Of course! I think this event will go smoothly. You’ve done the best as the project officer. I mean, you made all the staff doing well, you settle many things well too,” praised Naeun to Taemin. Taemin feels happiness overload.

                “Aniya, I’m doing well because of the other committees are doing excellent, including you,” replied Taemin to praise Naeun as well. Naeun can’t help but blushing.

                Those two continues to praise each other until they forget the time. That’s it. That’s the psychology of love. When a man and a woman like each other, they cannot stop admiring each other. And when a man and a woman admire each other, love tends to grow between them. And yes, they are definitely in love. The two of them always get butterflies when they’re around each other and they find themselves thinking about each other constantly. Moreover they’re feeling out of control and at a loss for words when they’re together. 

 

 

-to be continued-

 


Author's note:

I'm very sorry that I just can update today, not few days ago. But I hope you don't lose the excitement and I hope you'll enjoy the newest chapter. Please give me some feedback, because you comments are my motivation :-D

btw, who's excited for APINK's comeback????????? ^^