First Encounter

Splendor in Love

Chapter 1

                 Winter has come and covered up Seoul. The wind blows so hard tonight. Lee Taemin walks faster on the alley which directs him to his apartment building. He has chosen to not walking through the main road as usual because it would take a bit longer. He wants to be at home as soon as possible, makes himself spicy ramen and also a cup of hot chocolate. As a project officer of an event that will be held 1 month later in his university, he goes home late almost every day since he has to lead the meeting or just settle things.

                Lee Taemin is a junior in Yonsei University, he is majoring in Materials Science and Engineering. Since being the university freshmen, he has actively involved in various activities. He has been a chief in many organizations. That’s why, now he is so popular, besides he is so handsome-he always being called Fairy Prince-and has a perfect personality. Wherever he takes a step, there are so many pairs of eyes are attracted. However, Taemin has been single since the last 2 years, after he broke up amiably with Jung Soojung, who is now a girlfriend of his best buddy, Kim Jongin. Taemin had dated Soojung for only a month before they realize that they are both comfortable for having a brother-sister relationship rather than being a lover. So, when the interaction between Jongin and Soojung was more often, Taemin knows that they are the perfect two. The first person who knew about Jongin-Soojung relationship was Taemin, and he’s very glad for that news.

                “Hey!” a manly voice come from afar has succeeded to make Taemin startled.

                Taemin stops his footstep, looks back, and wonders whose voice was that.

                “Wait for me!” As the man comes closer, Taemin can recognize him right away. He is Lee Jinki, who lives next to Taemin’s door, works as an architect, the only son of a successful bucher in Myung-Dong.

                “Hyung, please don’t do that again! You made me jump,” protested Taemin.

                “It’s so easy to make you shocked, you know! Why do you go home at this time? Occupied by the tasks of another event, huh?” asked Jinki as they continue to walk together.

                “Hmm... Something like that, and the lecturers are getting aggrevating.”

                “You said they’re aggrevating yet you get A everytime. You’re a truly ideal man, Taemin-goon! Not only being great in many organizations but you’re also excellent on your academic,” praised Jinki, Taemin chuckles and shakes his head.

                “Nah, nah, you sound so exaggerating, Hyung! Please stop. I’m still nothing when compared to you, who are the brilliant architect in the town. Many people have been searching for LEE JINKI, the one that always makes his clients satisfied,” Taemin replied, didn’t forget to emphasize Jinki’s name.

                “Said the Fairy Prince. Look! Who’s more exaggerating! We’d be better end these arguments and walk faster before I turn out to be a big cube of ice here,” said Jinki as he rubbing his hands to each other.

                “Not just you, but us, Hyung, I think I could spend 3 big cups of hot choco later.”

                When both of them arrived at the building, they go straight off to their rooms and bid goodbye.

~

                The next morning, Taemin wakes up with a troublesome stomachache. He runs to the toilet and gets things done there for almost an hour. Unfortunately, he has class at 9 today. Surely he’s going to have a hectic morning. After he went out from the toilet, he just grabs his clothes without choosing, wear it, combs his hair with his right hand just to make it looks little bit tidy while his left hand puts some stuff into his bag. He catches a glimpse at the clock hanging on the wall, 8:35. He hates it so much when he has to rush in the morning but what else can he do to not be late for class. Five minutes later, he’s already got out of his apartment, and ready to sprint to the nearly bus stop.

               

                (In the class)

                “Yah, Lee Taemin, look at you! Don’t you dare to seduce my girlfriend with that ‘y-full of sweat’ look!” shouted Kwonho when he saw Taemin entered the class. Sweats come streaming down on his face and make his clothes damp.

                “What y are you talking about?! I won’t seduce anyone with this disgusting look! So, you’d better lend me a shirt because I don’t bring one for change,” Taemin felt shy with his look, he rolled some papers and hit Kwonho.

                “Kwonho’s right, Taemin-ah! Just look at behind your back, your fangirls are looking at you with their mouth wide open,”Jongin grins. Taemin takes a glance behind him then faces back to his friends, who are chuckling.

                “Aishhh come on! Give me shirt now so I won’t look as shabby as I am right now. Come on, Jongin! I know you’ll play basketball after class today, which you must bring more T-shirts on your bag. Please buddy, lend it to me!” pleaded Taemin.

                “Alright, alright, just don’t forget to treat me lunch today!” Jongin throws his shirt from his bag to Taemin.

                “You’re the best, Jongin-ah!” shouted Taemin, he runs again to the restroom right after he catched what Jongin threw to him.

                “What a guy… If I was him, I would be definitely proud and let that clothes hanging on me instead of change it to a dry one,” said Kwonho shaking his head.

                “I’m grateful that he’s Lee Taemin, not you,” Jongin teased Kwonho. Then, they’re back to their seats because the lecturer comes in.

~

                The class finally ends after for almost 2 hours. Kwonho’s been already on deep slumber by the time the lecturer spoke for 15 minutes. Taemin and Jongin have to shake him after their lecturer said goodbye to the class.

                “Hey, piggy, wake up!” called Taemin while ruffling Kwonho’s hair.

                “My cute piggy, open your eyes! It’s time to eat!” Jongin tapped Kwonho’s chin. As Kwonho opens his eyes, Taemin and Jongin pulls him immediately out of the class and go to the canteen.

                “Yah, yah, let me gather my soul first, guys!” protested Kwonho but the two don’t mind him, just smile at each other, and continue what they’re doing.

 

                (In the canteen)

                Taemin, Kwonho, and Jongin sit on stools in the canteen, waiting for their order to come. Later on, Taemin sees an unfamiliar girl across their table. He doesn’t know why but she looks so dazzling. The girl’s talking to another girl.

                “Who’s that?” asked Taemin to his friends. “The girl with olive scarf on her neck, who’s her?”

                “I don’t know, a freshmen from another department, maybe?” said Jongin.

                “I don’t think she is a freshman. She’s talking with Luna casually,” Kwonho said when he knew that Luna is in front of that girl.

                “Ah, you’re right, maybe she isn’t freshman,” said Taemin. Then, he’s focus playing with his phone.

But then...

                “Taemin-ah!” shouted Luna. Taemin get shock but he can keep him cool, he turns his head to Luna. He waves his right hand to Luna and smiles. Luna’s walking to him and gives him a paper.

                “Tomorrow’s the night, the closing of Engineering Cup! I know how busy you are but it’s a must for you to attend this event! You owe me, big time, Mr. Handsome!” threatened Luna to her childhood friend. Taemin looks at the paper, a brochure. “And you too, guys! Don’t forget! Tomorrow at 7 pm!” said Luna to Jongin and Kwonho.

                “Ay ay, Capten!” Taemin obeyed.

                “By the way, is there any free snack or dinner session?” asked Kwonho. Others burst into laugh.

                “NO! You’ll have to make yourself full before attending the event,” said Luna while giggling. Kwonho just pouts, but not long after that, his smile is blooming again because their food’s coming. Hence, Kwonho and Jongin start to tuck in their meals and not pay any attention to Taemin and Luna.

                 “Ah, I almost forget something. Taemin, you know about the replacement on your event’s committee’s structure, right?” Luna’s talking about the event that will be held next month, where Taemin is the PO of the event.

                “Hmm yes, I know. I heard that Jieun will be replaced by someone from Information & Industrial Engineering, is that right?” Taemin isn’t so sure.

                “Yes, that’s right, she’s here. Wait a second,” Luna turns her back and waves her hand to the girl whom she spoke with before, asking her to come closer.

The moment she comes closer to where Luna, Taemin, and his friends are, Taemin feels something strange with his heart. His heart’s beating fast.

                ‘Oh my God. What’s happening with me?’

                When that girl’s already in front of them, Luna introduces her, “Taemin, this is Naeun. She’s a sophomore, start from now, she’s working as the head of the design team.”

                Taemin stares at her.

                “Umm... My name is Son Naeun. Nice to meet you, Sunbae-nim...” 

 

- to be continued -


Author's note :

how's it?????????????? omg I'm so nervous............... Please tell me what you think :)))))))