What a Great Beginning!

Splendor in Love

Firstly, I'm so sorry that I didn't have time to post this chapter yesterday. There was something on my campus and it took almost the whole day! I'm sorry~ I hope this would be enough for you, enjoy! :) 


                 Chapter 3

                 The next day, Taemin gets so many things to do at his campus hence he has arrived there since early in the morning by his car. He’s now sitting in the lobby, doing his task which he got from his lecturer on his laptop and sipping a cup of hot coffee to warm his body. Out of the blue, Naeun comes across his mind. ‘When will I meet her again? Arghh!!! I’m so dumb! Why didn’t I ask her phone number yesterday?! Lee Taemin, you’re stupid!’ Taemin sighs.

                “Taemin-ah! Will you come to Engineering Cup’s closing tonight?” suddenly, a girl named Jung Eunji poked Taemin’s shoulder. He startled.

                “Ah! Luna told me about this yesterday. I’ll come,” answered Taemin casually.

                “Yeay! If you dare to skip this event...I’ll make sure you’ll be regret! You must come!” Eunji glared, Taemin just rolled his eyes. As Eunji is going to leave, Taemin calls her, making the girl stay.

                “Eunji-ah! Hmm...I wanna ask you something,” said Taemin. Eunji rises her eyebrows.

                “What is it?” Eunji sits beside Taemin.

                “Since you’re from Information & Industrial Engineering department, are you close with your hoobae named Son Naeun?” asked Taemin, he succeeded to gather his courage for mentioning Naeun. Usually, just thinking about Naeun is quite enough to make him so shy.

                “Aaah! Naeunnie! She’s my closest hoobae. I treat her just like my own sister, she’s a cute girl. What’s up? Why did you ask about her?” asked Eunji, so curious.

                “N..Nothing. I just want to know whether she’ll come tonight or not, that’s it,” answered Taemin. He tries hard to not look so nervous because he’s talking about Naeun.

                “I don’t know, to be honest. Maybe she’ll come since this is for all engineering students. But...I’m not so sure, she’s still an introvert girl after all,” explained Eunji, making the boy next to her sighed. “Yah! Lee Taemin! Were you sighing? Why???” Eunji is being lousy as usual, making people in that lobby turn their head to them and glare at them.

                “Shhh...No, I wasn’t. Well, I gotta go, see you!” Taemin leaves quickly before the lousy Eunji being worse.

~

                Today, Naeun only has a class at 4 pm. But, she has arrived at her campus at lunch time since she has a meeting with her team to confirm some things, as design team. So, after the meeting ended, she doesn’t have anything to do besides she has to wait until her class start. Being a diligent student, she goes to the library without companion and reading some books there. In the library, she hears people are talking about the tonight event, which she has known before. Actually, she didn’t want to attend that event at first, but a friend of her said that there’ll be a little art exhibition that attracts Naeun so much, therefore, she decided to come to the field beside the A building later, where the event is going to be held.

~

                Taemin just went out from his class, he checks his watch, 6 PM. He can feel his stomach groaning after 2 super-duper boring hours of lecture, so that he’s now walking to the canteen. In the middle of buying some meal, someone pats Taemin’s back.

                “Taemin-ah! You’ll come, right? The event starts in a few hours!” That man is no other than Jongin. He’s with Soojung, linking arms.

                “Hey, buddy! Yes, I will. Hi, Soojung! So, you’re going to have a date there?” Taemin smiled at the couple.

                “Of course, Taemin oppa! By the way, Oppa, I have heard your story from Jonginnie,” said Soojung. Taemin raises his eyebrow, feeling confuse.

                “What story is that?” asked Taemin.

                “Umm...you know...the story about you finally met an angel from another department...” Soojung can’t resist laugh, Jongin smiled mischievously but stops right away when Taemin glared at him.

                “Kkamjong!! You really have a big mouth, don’t you! Aishh this couple... Go away you two! Stop bugging me, I’m gonna have a romantic date with this delicious beef grilled,” said Taemin, then he goes to the nearest table and starts munching his food. Jongin and Soojung just smirked and go continue their date.

~

                The event went well. The open field is full of joy. A lot of performances from bands, dance groups, and many more have made the night awesome. Engineering students are gathered and having lots of fun for a while from their assignments and practicum reports. No matter where department they are from, they are dancing, jumping, clapping, and singing together as one, enjoying the night. Most of them even forget the cold winter breeze that attack them.

                Taemin steps back from the crowd. He feels suffocated and tired after jumped and sang out loud, following the others. He goes find his bag on the audience seats to find his mineral water. He checks his phone, showing that it is almost 9 PM. When he sat on the bench, his eyes widened. His heart starts pounding faster. He stops breathing for a second. ‘Thank God, you answer my prayer,’ he thought. He can’t be more grateful because finally he found a girl who wears black and white polkadots knee-length dress with a dark blue sweater on it standing on the left corner of the field, in front of the paintings made by their fellow students. Yes, she is Son Naeun, who has made him wavered. Taemin instantly stands up and walks toward her. He stops his step when he stands right next to Naeun.

                “I think this one is the most beautiful painting,” said Taemin suddenly while pointing to the watercolor birds painting, making the girl beside him flinched. Then she turns her head to him.

                “Tae-Taemin sunbae...” Naeun startled but feels glad at the same time.

                “Annyeong! Hehe we meet again,” Taemin smiled then asked, “So, why don’t you jump and sing with others in front of the stage there?”

                “I enjoyed the performances with my friend before, but I think she has gone too wild that’s why I got myself out of the crowd and now I’m admiring the paintings here...” Naeun can’t hide her shyness.

                “Aaah...I see. You’re right, the longer this event held, the wilder people be to enjoy it, isn’t it? I can’t imagine what will happen when the midnight comes,” said Taemin. Naeun laughs. Seeing her laughing like that, Taemin feels his fatigues are all gone. He feels happiness. And he doesn’t know why but he feels like he has to make her laugh from that time ‘till forever.

                “Sunbae, about our event next month, the design team has made the newest poster design and also banner, I will print all of them tomorrow, so, I want to tell you that we may hang the banner the day after tomorrow, is that okay?” asked Naeun, making Taemin snapped from his thoughts.

                “Well, I think it’s alright since the banner is such a boom. Thank you, Naeun-ssi!” Taemin showed his sweet smile.

                “You don’t have to thank me since it’s my task to do it,” Naeun blushed.

                “Oh, have your midterm already been over?” asked Taemin. He’s trying to get a lot of interaction with Naeun.

                “Yes. I mean, not all of the subjects but most of them have been over, what about you, Sunbae?”

                “Same with you. Most of them are over but I think I screwed my midterm.”

                “Aih that’s impossible.”

                “How come??”

                “Everyone knows that you always doing excellent on all of the exams,” blurted Naeun.

                “What?! No, that’s a nonsense!” protested Taemin. He cannot stop grinning because his own crush has praised him, right in front of him.

                While Taemin’s working hard to hide his blush, suddenly, Naeun’s phone rings and she answer it right away. “I’m sorry, Sunbae, wait a minute,” she said to Taemin, turns her body.

                “Omma? Ne. Ne. Ah, don’t mind me, it’s okay. I’m sure. No, don’t worry. Alright, good bye!” Naeun talked on the phone, she didn’t speak loud but it was enough to make Taemin hear what she said coincidentally. Then, Naeun turn herself to Taemin again.

                “Emmm…Sunbae, I’m sorry but…I have to go home now,” said Naeun.

                “Right now? Has something bad happened?” asked Taemin, showing his worries.

                “No, no, nothing’s bad at all. It’s just my mom has to go to my grandma’s house so sudden, so she can’t pick me up at midnight tonight. Therefore, she asked me to go home now before the night’s getting creepier,” explained Naeun. “Well, e-“

                “Naeun-ssi, what if…I take you home?” asked Taemin full of nervousness, yet he feels relieved that he bring his car to campus today.

                “Wh..a..t? Ah…there’s no nee-“

                “Come on, it’ll be so much safer than take a bus by yourself.”

                “No, no, I’m fine, Sunbae. I don’t wanna be bothersome.”

                “I don’t mind at all, Naeun-ssi. It’s okay, I bring my car today so I can’t accompany you to ride a bus instead you can go with me, I’ll drive you home,” said Taemin, he’s giving her his warmest smile ever.

                “It’s not only that. I’m just not sure that you can go now while this event is still going. I mean…your friends won’t be glad about it,” Naeun’s looking down to the ground. She’s extremely nervous now. Even though it’s not her first time receiving such an offer from a boy, but of course this is so different because it’s Lee Taemin who asked her! And that’s why Naeun’s heart keeps trembling.

                “Aish…What are you talking about? I’m not even the staff of this event, they won’t need me, Naeun-ssi. I’ll tell them that I should go home too. Wait  a minute, I’ll take my bag there and we can go after that,” said Taemin while patting Naeun’s shoulder. Little did he know, it sends shiver to Naeun.

                Taemin runs to where his bag is and hangs his backpack on his right shoulder then goes back to where Naeun stands. Some of his friends see him and ask, “You’re leaving now?” Taemin just waves and answered, “Yes. I’m sorry but something’s urgent happened. Bye!”

                When Taemin’s back, he said to Naeun, “Naeun-ssi, should we go now? Are you ready?”

                Naeun nods and smiles, she can’t speak because she’s afraid her voice would be shaking due to the nervous feeling that eaten up all of her body since Taemin talked to her.

                “Alright, let’s go!”

 

 

-to be continued-

 


Author's note:

How was that??? Hope that you all enjoy it, please leave a comment about what you think about this chapter.

And for everyone who has read, subscribed, and upvoted my stories, thank you so much!!!! <3

:)