Chapter 1

Moonlight Angel

"This is why I told you not to take so long!" 

Baekhyun and Zitao were currently making their way through the busy streets and roaming crowds. Zitao had spent a little too much extra time with his hair, but he just had to look perfect. Baekhyun was running ahead of Zitao, guiding the way while the latter was pushing and being pushed left and right, forward and backward. 

Being tall ing sometimes, Zitao groaned.

He was growing impatient and started to maneuveur his way around the crowd with grace. Upon finally freeing himself, Zitao looked around to see where Baekhyun was, only to realize the shorter was already in front of the shop, hollering at him to hurry up. Zitao sighed and started to sprint his way to where Baekhyun was waiting for him.

Suddenly, however, a figure had appeared, almost out of nowhere, from one of the alleyways and with Zitao's speed, he was unable to stop. 

"What the ..." 

Tao held onto his head as he studied the person he had collided with onto the ground. Tall, but shorter than Zitao, blonde hair, pale, flawless skin paired with a set of pink lips. 

Attractive, Tao thought.

"Watch where you're ing going," the blonde said harshly.

And a ing . 

"I'm sorry. I was in a rush," Zitao forcefully apologized.

"Yeah well, you better be." 

With that, the blonde picked himself up, brushed off the dirt and invisible dust from his clothes, glared at Tao, and walked away, not even bothering to help the other up. 

What did I ever do in my life to deserve this.


"What took you so long, Zitao?" 

Baekhyun was sitting in one of the chairs set outside the shop, examining his hand and fingernails. 

"N-Nothing." Zitao managed to pant out. 

"Well then, get your inside. We're late."

Baekhyun dragged his friend through the doors of the Moonlight bubble tea shop. Zitao blinked a few times to adjust to the lighting inside. It was a small shop - a few burgandy booths lining the windows, small decorations here and there on the walls, and the front counter along with a small bakery beside it. The aroma of tea wafted by and caused Zitao to close his eyes in delight, a smile gracing his lips as the morning's troubles drifted away with the smell. He always had a soft spot for bubble tea and of course, a sweet tooth. 

"Welcome! You must be the new workers, am I correct?"

Baekhyun and Zitao turned around, only to be met with a short male with cute, chubby cheeks. His hair was a rusty orange, his skin was a flawless milky white, and his smile reached his eyes. He was the definition of cute. 

"That would be us! My name is Byun Baekhyun and that scary looking one with the dark eyebags over there, is Tao." 

Zitao glared at his friend. 

"Huang Zitao is my name." 

"Hello, Baekhyun and Zitao! My name is Kim Minseok and I'm one of the owners of Moonlight. Our other co-owner is having his day off so you'll meet him tomorrow. Let's introduce you to the rest of the crew." 

Minseok guided the two behind the front counter and to the kitchen where the sweet smell of pastries filled their nostrils and watered their mouths. A short male with black hair and wide owl-like eyes rushed up to them.

"Hi! My name is Do Kyungsoo and I'm the pastry chef here. We have another pastry chef as well, but he's currently napping in the back room."

"Again?" Minseok groaned. "And he expects me to give him a raise."

"Actually, sweetheart, I expect you to give me a raise and something more." 

A male with chocolate brown hair appeared right behind Minseok, scaring the wits out of both Zitao and Minseok. 

"Holy Jongdae. What did I tell you about sneaking up on me?"

"You know you love it," the one named Jongdae responded, "And me."

"In your dreams you ert," Minseok pushed the latter aside and turned back to a very confused Baekhyun and a still shaky Zitao. 

"I'm sorry about that. Jongdae can be a handful at times." 

"Who are these two hotties, Minseok? Not that I'm cheating on you or anything. I'm just curious is all," Jongdae gave his cat-like grin as he checked out Baekhyun and Zitao from head to toe. 

Minseok rolled his eyes. "They're going to be working here from now on so please, don't them while they're on their breaks or something." 

Jongdae made his way over next to Baekhyun and draped his arm over the latter's neck. 

"I'll think about it," Jongdae replied with a wink at Baekhyun. 

"You better not or I'm going to ing murder you in your sleep." 

"Fiesty. I like it." 

" off."

Minseok groaned and quietly mumbled to himself as Kyungsoo continued to work on perfecting his baby cupcakes. Zitao absorbed the scene before him as the realization hit him. 

I'm ing surrounded by idiots. 


A/N: I wrote this at like 4 AM so if this makes no sense, that's probably why LOL. Uh, here's some cuddly Taobaek for you guys~ (more like koala Baekhyun):