Prologue

Moonlight Angel

Three years ago


"S-Stupid Y-Yifan..."

Zitao buried his face into his pillow, letting out pitiful sobs as his heart shattered like glass into a million broken pieces. He clenched onto the wet note in his hand throughout the night until he eventually cried himself to sleep, quietly mumbling out a final:

"I loved you Yifan..."

Tao,

I know you're going to hate me for this, but I'm leaving you. I can't stay with you anymore. You never deserved anyone like me anyway. You deserve someone who treats you well and will always care for you; someone who will love you indefinitely. Maybe one day we can see each other again, but for now, goodbye Zitao. I have always loved you. 

Yifan


"L-Luhan?"

"I'm sorry Sehunnie." 

"B-But why?" 

Sehun was trying his best to hold in his tears - he didn't want to cry in front of him. Luhan looked at his boyfriend, no ex-boyfriend, with sadness and despair. He didn't want to do this. It was hurting him as much as it was hurting Sehun. 

"Hun..."

"Don't ing call me that...n-not now."

Sehun was breaking. He felt wetness graze his cheeks and tasted the saltiness on his lips. He could feel the aching pain in his heart, breaking with each beat. Sehun could barely recognize Luhan anymore behind his cloudy, blurry eyes. 

"Just tell me this...is it because of someone else?"

"S-Sehun, don't get the wrong idea---" Luhan replied with a shaky breath.

"That's all I needed to know. Goodbye, Luhan."

Sehun started walking away, allowing his tears to freely fall just this once. Luhan stayed rooted where he was, watching Sehun walk away. He knew he had to do this. 

I'm sorry Sehun. I'm sorry I had to do this to you. I'm sorry I hurt you so badly. I never wanted to, but it had to be done. I hope you live your life happily without me. Please find someone who will treat you better than I ever have. It was never you or anyone else, it was just me. Goodbye, Sehun.

With that last final thought, Luhan walked away as he parted ways with Sehun.


Present


"TAO GET YOUR LAZY OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW BEFORE I WUSHU KICK YOU OFF OF IT."

"You don't know wushu, hyung."

Byun Baekhyun, y diva with eyeliner. Very terrifying.

Zitao giggled at this thought until a pillow was thrown straight at his beautiful face and he was, literally, flipped out of bed as Baekhyun pulled the blanket from under him. 

"Come on! We're going to be late to our first day on the job!" 

Zitao groaned and reluctantly made his way to the bathroom to prepare himself for the day. Sadly, although he towered over Baekhyun, there was one thing he's learned from these past three years - don't mess with a y diva Baekhyun at all costs. 

"ZITAO IF YOU DON'T HURRY UP I'M GOING TO KICK THAT OF YOURS."

"SHUT THE UP ALREADY."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME, ."

Something was thrown at the bathroom door as he heard the diva continue his little rampage.

Typical Monday morning with Byun Baekhyun.

Fabulous.


A/N: Hi guys! So this is kind of just a background chapter explaining what happened and all that. The next chapter is where the story will pick up. Please anticipate it! ^^