Patner

Human Mermaid

It seemed like he didn't notice my presence yet , so I decided to avoid his gaze . It was currently art lesson and our art teacher was explaining about the project that were about to be held about the next few days . She explained that she would assign us into pairs and would have to work on it before the due date , which is the next two weeks . My classmates began complaining like spoiled children due to the massive amount of work that was given . And me , I don't really care if I completed it or not , after all , I won't be in this human world forever and had to return to the mermaid world . I felt bad , but my assigned patner would probably have a hard time working on the project in the future . Even if I were to help , it won't actually make a difference , for I in art .

She began announcing the assigned patners , " Yi Seul and Sangguk ."

The pair squeal in delight to be paired with someone they were close to . Lucky them .

" Soo hyun and Ji hyun , Min Jung and Kang Joon , Ye Seul and Sangwook , So Jin and Baro ," she began listing all the pairs ," and ... Bomi and Jongkook ."

WHAT ?!?!

Why him of all 20 boys ?!

I noticed the girls around me were all staring at me with their faces full of jealousy . They probably wanted to be paired with Jongkook and felt jealous that I was paired with him , on my first day of school may I add . Lucky huh . Lucky my . Girls , you can take him . Anytime .

"Songsengnim , may I ask who is Bomi ? Ahh , mian , you know I don't know any about girls in this school . Or perhaps I didn't care to know " I heard a familiar voice speaking with a tone of arrogance which made me scoffed . Its that jerk . I didn't scoffed on purpose , it was automatic reflex . Who cares if he's popular huh ? He acted like he run the world . Oh right , he didn't know my name . I don't think he knew any girls name . Tch , anti-social .

" Ahh , she's the girl to your left , " the teacher replied not responding to the fact that he sounded rude . I felt the urge to roll my eyes because I realised on my first day , that the teachers in this school are too weak , especially regarding discipline issues . Taehyung even told me that there was a student whom reported to the principle about her missing handphone , and claimed that it was lost in this school , but the school made no efforts to interrogate on students and find its culprit . Its not that I care either but if you want to work in a school , you should at least do your work properly .

Jungkook glanced towards his left and his eyes slightly widened in surprise . "Yah , aren't you that girl from earlier ? " he smirked , " It's such a small world isn't it ? Anyways , hi patner . "

I raised a brow depicting my feels of disgust . Everyone had their eyes on us trying to analyse our conversation .

" Wae ? You don't like it ? It's okay , I would be more than happy to change my patner , " I said to him charismatically . I raised my hand to voice out to the teacher ," Songsengnim, I'm sorry but would you mind changing my patner to someone else? "

The girls began to squeal in excitement hoping they would have a chance to be patnered with "the so great Jungkook" .

" Wae-yo ? Do you have any valid rea- " the teacher was about to finish her sentenced but Jungkook cut her off ," Aniyo Songsengnim . We are fine with this . "

I scoffed and turned to look at him , " And who are you to decide that ? " 

" Aniyo Ssem , we are fine . She's just probably shy to be patnered with me . You understand . " Jungkook convinced the art teacher giving a ridiculous excuse . What ?! Shy to be with him ? Not even in my next life . I grunted under my breath in defeat . I glanced over to look at him and he gave me a small smirk making me wanting to puke in disgust . He should really stop smirking , he looked terrible with it . 

Whatever . Don't blame me for having a hard time later on .