Starting on a bad note

Human Mermaid

I entered this ridiculously large building and was greeted with presence of girls near the school compound that were busily fixing their hair like it made any difference . Upon looking at their gazes which I felt some dark aura that surrounds them , instincts said that they were those typical es in every high school but god that’s so common and uninteresting . Like how many times have you seen these kind of breeds in every school . It's usually the es , geeks , nerds , popular cliques and what not . It couldn’t be more funnier that these es were usually the main attraction for boys in this school and only god knows how I felt like puking blood . Like are they blind or blind ? 

I wondered around aimlessly trying to get a clue on what I should do . The sight of es was such a painful thing to bear making me regret coming to the human world in the first place . Life couldn’t get any more uninteresting than being surrounded by fake and annoying human beings . I noticed the look I got from one of the  male students , no its not that “who the are you” look , it was the curious look he had been sending me that couldn’t make me feel more bewildered . Im pretty sure I looked human enough right ? I mean I didn’t want to be discovered that I’m a mermaid before even getting started on the mission I was supposed to complete . More than that , I didn’t want to be killed by that Luladu . Damn I really didn’t know how many times I’ve said the word .

And there goes this little staring competition between us and being a I am , I simply looked at him unamused waiting for him to make another move . Guess as much , he walked his way towards me and by then I could confirm that he actually have something to say to me . But the next thing he did surprised me . That dude , whom I just met today , no , a few seconds ago smiled at me .

 

“You are a new student right?”

“Well yea … (what does that got to do with him anyways) … and why did you ask? “ I tried my best to sound polite as possible which was pretty damn hard especially when I wasn’t born with a kind nature .

“You seemed dazed and looked really lost,” he said and chuckled a little which made me raised my brows, “need help ?”

So apparently I was about to say no but I guess it wasn’t a good idea because I realized I really do need help to at least get an idea of what I should do now.

“Every morning students are supposed to assemble at the hall for regular assembly routine… ah the hall is located at the second level. After the assembly , all students will then went back to class to continue lessons as per usual,” he explained thoroughly and I nod my head in response feeling pretty damn satisfied at the detailed explaination .

“Wait , but I didn’t know which class I am supposed to go,” I snapped suddenly remembering .

“Oh yes , transfer students are usually supposed to go to Class 3E3 . Don’t worry , if I am wrong then you have my back , “ he reassured me , flashing his utmost smile which I couldn’t even deny that it looked so god damn gorgeous. Wait what was I saying ?

I smiled at him in return and thanked him for that little help . I looked at him in bewilderment. Why was he being so nice ? Arent all humans according to what I read about them ; selfish bastards , fake , annoying and I could name more , but this guy , he was the opposite of what I had read about humans . Guess I was too busy arranging my thoughts that I forgot to ask his name before he walked away. Wait why would I care to ask for his name anyways? Sure it wasn’t just because he looked hot and handsome whatsoever . But perhaps it was . I mean mermaid or what not I am still a woman after all and in fact mermaids are actually human just that instead of having legs we mermaids have something more cool and fascinating like tails instead of just some regular legs .  And by that , it is not weird that I get attracted to a hot human being which are rarely found in the sea , right ? No , no Bomi ah . You can’t be attracted to guys , the Bomi I know couldn’t make that happen in any possible way . And with that , I continued with the normal chic mentality that I always had.

 

So this is what they called the hall . I followed the other students and felt a little bewildered because they seemed like what I call, the walking dead . Why was everyone looking so lifeless when just a moment ago they were talking and gossiping like there’s no other day . I entered the hall and walked my way through the crowd trying my utmost best to fit in . I mean like where was I supposed to be sitting ? Ah damn that Luladu for making me suffer . I decided to just sat at the end since I am too lazy to walk up all the way to the front . Upon settling down , we were forced to sing what I believe the national anthem . Then followed up by pledge recital and some meaningless that I didn't even know what the teachers were addressing about . More like I didn’t care . Okay so now I got why all humans seemed restless up on the way to the hall . Alright , legit enough .

So everything was going pretty damn well . Not until what happen next .

 

 

 

 

“ Attention class ,” Mrs Kim banged the table to gain attention from the students . Damn she actually did banged it real hard that if I was the school principle I would have been pretty damn mad for having my properties violated ,“ Everyone let me introduce a new student , her name is Yoon Bomi and I hope everyone can help her to adapt to this school environment .”

Mrs Kim then glanced at me signalling me to do something . My eyes furrowed in response because I really didn’t get the slightest clue she was attempting to give me .

“Err Bomi , so do you wanna add on ?”

“Nope.”

I noticed that my reply was actually followed with students staring at me in disbelief . I raised a brow . Was I being rude ? Because back in my mermaid world , this wasn’t anywhere near to being rude . Heck , I didn’t even cussed at them but there they are already giving me judgemental looks .

“Say hello or anything for the sake of courtesy Bomi , “ Mrs Kim whispered in my ear .

Ohh .

“Hi , Im Bomi “ I simply said but honestly that’s all I could think about . I mean what do you expect me to do, telling old grandmother stories when I had just stepped into the class ? Or show that im excited to make new friends when i'm obviously not ?

“Alright , Bomi , you can sit at the table at the end there ,” Mrs Kim said pointing towards the table and I could see a figure of a guy that seemed to be spacing out . For some particular reason he looked familiar . I felt surprised, big time, to the point where I actually felt enlightened because I realised why he looked familiar.

“Oh, you! “ we chorused in unison when our eyes met .

God loves me because the dude I met earlier in the morning actually turned out to be my table partner . Like surprise surprise, at least i've got a friend to entertain me and kept me away from being mad about the idea of dealing with the upcoming s that I know was going to happen to me anytime soon .

I curved a faint smile and walked up towards my seat ignoring those students that were trying to kill me by their looks but sorry not sorry I wasn’t the least affected by it . I settled down and took out some random stuffs from my bag that Luladu had prepared me and I believed that she wasn’t that stupid to let me bring anything unrelated to school . After doing those little things that I was supposed to do to make it seem like I am a human , I stared at the board and Mrs Kim and I swear this was the most unamusing thing i've experience in my entire life .

“Are you always that blunt ? You surprised me that you don’t squeal when seating next to me because usually , most girls can't seem to contain their happiness when they are near me . Heck , some of them even cried from tears of happiness “ he blurted out of the blue which made me taken aback by his sudden remarks .

I think that I had a bad habit of raising a brow whenever I couldn’t grasp of the situation because I was obviously doing it again and for some reason I felt that it made me looked as though im a judgmental .

“Hey ,don’t judge me .'

There , you see what I meant .

“ By the way , Im Taehyung , or mostly known as V. Nice to meet you. And you are ? “

“Bomi, ( he obviously didn't pay attention in class because I remembered introducing myself earlier ) Yeah , you too “ I responded to him feeling disinterested and its obviously written all over my face that I was surrounded by the ills of boredom .

15 minutes passed .  Yes , I know right , only fifteen minutes . And may I add that there’s actually about like 1 more hour to go ?

What's more worst than having a teacher that gave lectures after every single math question . I really wanted to shoot myself so badly . No , wait why should I ? Shooting Mrs Kim would be a better idea .   

“Do you have a gun ? “ I asked my table patner which made him looked at me in utter shock and disbelief which I am fully aware of . I knew very well that every normal person would react the same when gun or any other weapons mentioned . In fact , I don’t even know what was I saying .

“I really wanted to shoot Mrs Kim . Is school like some place her father or mother owns for her to give preaches that we don’t even want to listen or give a about ?'

Taehyung began bursting out in laughter which made me wonder if I’m really that funny or does he just normally laughed that easily . 

“ You are one funny and entertaining girl . “

“Oh yeah I know that, thanks.”I replied like a I was .

Just when I was about to be drifted into a peaceful sleep , I felt something being thrown into my direction . I pried open my eyes and guessed as much , I was right . There goes a piece of paper, crushed up lying on my innocent table . I unfold the paper and it read " , you don't belong here ". I scanned the area to notice some girls that were trying to contain their giggles .I knew this would happen . It's like the scenes we usually see in dramas where there would be a group of es trying to disturb innocent people . Maybe they felt as bored as I do , but as bored as they felt I’ve really got to say that this time , I hope they came prepared because the person that they were going to deal with this time ,wasn’t the innocent and weak teenage girl that had frequently became a victim of their bullies . It is Yoon Bomi , and i'm a ing martial arts prodigy . Damn they threw me a ing paper . I can threw them back . But this time it would probably be a punch . Wrong move es , wrong move .