Chapter 4

I Was Too Arrogant

 

 

 

This guy was unbelievable. I’ve told him that I could buy it on my own but he still insisted to buy it for me. He said that his sister didn’t need it right now. She wasn’t even on period at the moment, so Jongin just bought that since his sister will be going to a course in a hotel far from Seoul soon and she needed to prepare it from now.

Since I needed it more, Jongin decided that he’d find the sanitary pad somewhere else. Jongin said that he wanted to hang out with me. It’s been several months since we last went out together, hanging out, and I got to admit that I really miss hanging out with him.

He was fun to be with. Jongin that I was with right now wasn’t the Jongin that dumped me. I was pretty sure there were two versions of Jongin – the one with kind heart (the one I was with at the moment) and the one with brutality.

I agreed to hang out with him. It wasn’t bad to hang out with him. It was not that we’ll come back to date each other. I’ve decided that from now on, Jongin will just be a friend, nothing more than that.

After I came out of the toilet, Jongin led me to the park which was not far from Minji’s house. I have never come to this park though. Minji had never brought me here. In fact, when I was with her, she always locked me in her bedroom.

She chose being under the roof rather than being under the hot sun. She didn’t really like tan-skinned people. One of them would be Jongin because he was tan. But that tan was precisely the reason why he became extremely hot and even became one of the top 10 hottest guys in our school.

He changed a lot. Minji told me that Jongin had danced a lot now. She even told me that she ever saw Jongin arguing with Jinah. She said that they didn’t look like a couple but I doubted that. I just saw them kissing about two days ago, so I was sure they were dating each other.

Because Jongin wasn’t a type of guy who kissed girls all he wants; Jongin was different… or at least I think so.

 

Jongin sighed. His sigh somehow snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at him and our eyes met. I couldn’t read his eyes. I saw something in his eyes but it was unreadable.

“Minha, would you stop being so arrogant?” Jongin questioned.

What was he talking about? I wasn’t being arrogant. Was he trying to blame me on something? Was he trying to show me that it was me the reason why he dumped me?

“Can you stop asking me confusing questions?” Jongin sighed and his hand touched mine.

I tried to pull my hand away but he took my hand and squeezed it. If Minji or Baekhyun saw me with him right now, I was surely dead.

“What are you doing?”

Jongin came closer to me and I automatically moved backwards but my back was already hitting the wall. I bit my lip and looked down to avoid eye-contact.

“I was so wrong to dump you. I just want to tell you that,” Jongin cupped my chin to make me look at him. He smiled and came closer. Our faces were practically inches away. “I still love you.” He added, making me widen my eyes.

Before I could utter any word, his lips touched mine. I got to admit that I missed every single piece of him especially his lips. I missed how he would show me his affection by kissing me on the lips.

But no; he was dating someone else! This was wrong!

I pulled him away and broke the kiss immediately as I recalled the moment when I saw him kissing Jinah the other day. I didn’t want to disappoint anybody but seemingly, I had disappointed Jongin.

Before I knew it, I slapped Jongin right on his left cheek.

I didn’t know how… but I was so mad at him for trying to cheat on Jinah. Why was I involved in everything that happened in his life?

I spun around, ready to leave but he somehow came to hug me from behind. “I told you… I still love you.” He whispered.

I pushed his hands away and walked away.

 

I slammed the door behind me and Minji gasped in surprise. I had woken Minji up. “What happened?” Minji asked, worry was obvious in her voice. I shook my head and she nodded her head afterwards.

I thought she would continue to slumber but no; she wanted an explanation from me. It was always like that.

I went to sit on the bed next to her and the moment Jongin kissed me just now was still clear in my mind. I would most likely have a dream about it tonight.

“You know what I want,” Minji said, “tell me what happened.” She squeezed my right shoulder.

I heaved a sigh and turned to look at my worried best friend. “Minji-ah, why is it so hard to forget someone?”

Minji sighed and she somehow looked tired. “Is it about Jongin again?” She asked. I had no other choice but to nod to her question. It was true after all.

After what had happened tonight, I think it was impossible to forget Jongin. He was about to become foggy in my mind but after the kiss, I could see him crystal clear. He was going to haunt me every night.

I was still mad. How could he cheat on Jinah? Was he just that bad? Had he changed to become a playboy now? Was I the first victim?

Minji turned to look at me and she patted my right shoulder as she sighed.

“Look… it’s not hard to forget Kim Jongin. It’s you, Minha that make it hard.”

Minji looked serious now. I know she was serious.

“Just forget him, Minha. Forget Kim Jongin, if possible, for good.”