Chapter 1

I Was Too Arrogant

 

 

 

The bell rang, indicating that it was time for lunch. Minji and I decided to let the other hungry students rushed to the cafeteria first. We’d never liked it when we were stuck in the middle of the crowds. Minji’s breathing problem is also one of the reasons why I chose to be the last one to go to the cafeteria and it’s with my one and only best friend, Minji, of course.

I looked around to make sure that all of my classmates left. Apparently, someone decided to just stay in the classroom. He was listening to the music through the earphones and he was bobbing his head, following the rhythm of the music he was listening to. Minji noticed me looking at my huge nightmare. She’d never liked it when I looked at Kim Jongin and had a thought about him. Minji always told me to forget Jongin and it’s hard. It’s hard because I miss him. Maybe it’s not really him – it’s our memories.

I chuckled mentally, thinking of how worse he could be. He purposely created all those memories – saying that it was our memories – so that he could conquer my mind all day all night. It was funny how I dated a bad guy like him. Females practically loathed me for that. I didn’t care. All I cared about was him and I got to admit that I was stupid for doing so.

“Hey, princess, I’m starving.” Minji said, stopping my train of thoughts. I smiled at her and made my way walking out of the classroom with Minji. I could feel his glance on me but I ignored it. I have to stop doing this. I have to forget him. Maybe, I have to vanish all of the memories I shared with him first. The memories were the biggest factor why he was still on my mind every minute.

Every time he popped up on my mind, I always tried to remember the day he dumped me and how people in the park looked at me with pity. I wasn’t crying. I wasn’t that pathetic to cry for someone like Kim Jongin. Instead of crying, I became someone totally different the next day. I became so quiet that Minji ended up thinking I was possessed by some spirit or ghost. She kept asking me on what happened and it disturbed me that I practically scolded her every time she asked me what was going on. It’s miraculous how she still stayed with me.

 

I opened the door of the cafeteria to be greeted by Jongin’s new girlfriend, Jinah, and she stared daggers at me as soon as our eyes met. As she rolled her eyes in disgust, she made her way walking to the door when I was currently at and purposely hitting my shoulder as she kept walking. “Never mind people like that, Minha. They are just seeking attention.” I heard Minji said next to me.

She was right. They were just seeking attention. Jinah was no different with Jongin. I got to admit that they looked cute together. Note the sarcasm.

 As we took our food, we went to a table where Jongin’s friends were at. They were all so nice. When I was still with Jongin, I went out with them a lot and I had so much fun. It was awkward being with them after Jongin dumped me but now all of the awkwardness seemed to be gone. I had a feeling that Baekhyun has something to do with me. He kept looking at me as if he was judging me. Minji, as well, noticed it. Of course she did. She had a little crush on Baekhyun ever since the sophomore year but she’d never had an attempt to confess her feelings.

“Jongin isn’t here again.” Sehun said, pouting as he looked at Yixing who was sitting next to him. Suho looked at me and I could feel how his death stare was silently killing me inside. Did I do something wrong?

“Is it because of you again, Minha?” Suho said. “I truly hope you could stop hanging out with us because we miss Jongin.” Suho rolled his eyes in disgust. “You know, he could not hang out with us because you’re here. You’re like a cra—”

“Hyung, stop!” Baekhyun said, interrupting Suho. Baekhyun sighed and smiled at me apologetically. “I’m sorry about that. Trust me hyung doesn’t mean what he just said.”

Suho was about to utter something when Baekhyun cut him off by giving him a sharp gaze. Suho leaned against his chair and sighed heavily. I cleared my throat and from the corner of my eyes, I know that Minji was looking at me worriedly.

“Don’t worry Baekhyun, Suho, I’ll stop hanging out with you guys.” I uttered. Some of them gasped as the words left my mouth. Sehun looked like he was about to cry now.

“Oh no you’re not going to be here as well and Minji… I’ll never get to see you eating like a pig anymore.” Sehun pouted. Minji widened her eyes upon hearing to what Sehun said about her eating like a pig. It was true. But of course, it was embarrassing, let alone when her crush was right in front of her.

“I don’t want to care. For sure, I want Jongin to hang out with us, not these two annoying girls.” As Suho said so, he left our table, presumably heading back to his classroom. Chanyeol was quiet and he didn’t utter a word. He was just looking at me like Baekhyun did. I know he was worried as well.

“I’m serious when I said I’ll stop hanging out with you guys.” I somehow made my way leaving the cafeteria, not minding about my untouched food anymore. Minji didn’t follow me though. She was still surprised about the feud that just occurred.

 

I was walking with my serious expression on. Some students looked at me and whispered to each other of how serious my expression was but I don’t want to care. I just wanted to destroy Jongin from my life. He was the one that caused all of this to be happening. I wanted him to disappear.

I was about to my classroom when I noticed Jinah with Jongin kissing passionately as if there was no tomorrow. I cleared my throat before I uttered, “Go get a room please.” They hurriedly broke the kiss and looked at me afterwards. Jinah’s cheeks were reddening and I know she felt embarrassed.

“I’ll see you later.” She said and left. Just like before, she purposely hit my shoulder to make me lose my balance. I was stable enough not to fall.

“Do you have to ruin this moment?” Jongin said. I smirked in disgust. I felt like punching him in the face as soon as our eyes met.

“Well, at least I didn’t do like what you did… ruining someone else’s life, is it?” He frowned upon hearing my words. He knew what I meant. I know he knew it. He just pretended to be clueless. I mean it when I say I wanted him to disappear. 

 

 


I know it's just the first chapter yet I'm already telling you this. The process of updating this story might be very slow because I have an important exam for three weeks. I'll try my best to write and update if I have time to do so. I hope you'd give this story a chance :)