Letters to Seungho

Letters To MBLAQ

October 16, 2014

This is my first letter to you. Happy Birthday hyung. I wish you didn't have to spend your birthday upset. This is not how I wanted you to find out. Your words from yesterday still ring in my ears. I understand hyung. I hate myself too. But like the first day I said it to you, I will love you until my dying breath. I hope there is still a part of you that loves me too.

It was supposed to be a happy day for us, our debut anniversary, but I ruined it, didn't I? I hope one day you can forgive me.

 

 

 

December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas~~! It's our first Christmas away from each other. There's a party downstairs but I'm hiding away in the studio. Yang hwajangnim came to tell me to go down there, but I told him I'd rather work.

I miss you, Panda.

 

“It’s Christmas, Doongie,” Hyunsuk said, standing by the open door. You should try to have some fun.”

“I—I’ll go down later, boss. I’m almost done.”

The CEO didn’t push the issue further and nodded. He had turned away to leave, but he looked back at Sanghyun with an understanding smile.

“You’ll be fine.”

The man left, closing the door, and Sanghyun buried his face in his arms.

He sobbed there for half an hour, wishing to turn back time.

No, I wont.

 

February 28, 2015

Good luck in the army Seungho. I wish I could go and say goodbye, but I know you'll turn away. So I say goodbye here.

 

[NEWS] MBLAQ’S SEUNGHO AND G.O HEAD TO THE ARMY

As is mandatory for all males in Korea, MBLAQ’s Seungho and G.O don’t shy away from their duty.

Today is a sad day for MBLAQ fans, as two of the, now trio, boy group head off to serve for two years in the army, as is mandatory for all males in Korea, and male idols aren’t exempt from this. See the pics of them in their army uniform below!

SEE ALSO: MBLAQ’S Mir prepares debut solo album

Meanwhile, the group’s maknae and rapper is set to release a new hip-hop themed album in April.

 

 

October 16, 2015

Another birthday and I'm not by your side. I regret being here more and more each day. Noona says I will be fine.

What do I care if I reached number one on the charts? What does it matter that the WINNER song I wrote got an all-kill on MCD? You're in the army, and I'm alone.

 

“OMO!” Dara exclaimed, watching the boys of WINNER receive the trophy from the MC. “Look Doong-ah! They won!” She jumped up and down excitedly on the couch, as the boys gave their thank-you speech, confetti flying around them.

“Yeah, they won, that’s nice.”

“It’s your song!—Ah, cutie Jinwoo just thanked you in his speech!” His sister clapped loudly, cheering and talking to the TV.

“Yeah.” He looked back to his phone, the last photo of him and Seungho together shined at him through the screen.

 

 

October 15, 2016

Can you guys ever forgive me?

 

[BREAKING] MBLAQ CONFIRM DISBANDING. LAST ALBUM SCHEDULED TO DROP AT THE END OF OCTOBER

Sad news for MBLAQ fans as today, which marks their 7th anniversary since debut, is confirmed what we all knew was coming from two years ago, when former members Lee Joon, now a full-time actor with a career at its peak, and Thunder, now signed to YG as a solo artist, composer and model, departed from the group in 2014 to pursue their individual careers.

Read their agency’s statement below—

 

He shut down his computer, holding back the tears.

This is all my fault.

 

 

June 4, 2017

It's been so long. I have been too busy. I ended up in the hospital twice from over-exhaustion. I hate YG. I'll be going to the army in a couple of days. I'll be a nervous wreck on that day, but not yet. I can't take this with me, so I won't be able to write to you for a long time.

I love you Yang Seungho.

 

“Did you pack socks?” Dara asked, poking her head in his room.

“Noona! Stop bugging me! I have time!” he exclaimed, looking up at her from his duffle bag.

“Omma told me to remind you,” she said sticking her tongue out at him. “Aigoo, our baby Doongie is all grown up now.”

“Noona, I have to pack,” he whined, throwing an old T-shirt at her.

“Are you sure you don’t want us to help you?”

“I’m fine, Dara. After all, it’s not like you’re gonna be there when I need to fold my clothes.”

 

 

September 29, 2019

Wah! I can't believe it's been ten years already. I miss you all so much. Cheolyongie called. He just got out of the army as well. Wow, we are all men now huh? No doubt about it now. Mir said you guys are planning a ten year reunion thing and it would be nice if I went. I wonder if after ten years, you guys have forgiven me. I'm sorry MBLAQ disappeared because of me. The albums are brilliant. When I heard the songs, I imagined I was in the recording booth with you, fooling around as I waited for my turn and I wondered if I stayed, which lines would have been mine. Even if I had just one, I would have been happy.

I told Cheolyong I'd go to the meeting. I'm nervous and scared. Please, don't hate me still.

I love you, Yang Seungho.