On Bended Knees: Four

On Bended Knees

“Where are you?”

“Oh, Jackson?” Mark says on the other line of the phone, his voice filled with joy.

“Yeah. Where are you?” Jackson repeats.

“At the usual place. You’re going to come? For real?” The older guy chuckles. “Finally, man! What did you tell your girl?”

“Nothing.” Jackson replies shortly. “Wait me there. I don’t want to risk my life.” He continues.

Mark laughs but he mumbles a yes, and Jackson hangs up soon after.

Jackson sighs to himself but starts walking to the abandoned building behind the school. The building is pretty shadowed, nobody would know if there’s such a place in the school. A perfect place for a hide-out.

“I’m here,” He pushes the rusty door open, and flinches when he sees tons of opened cola cans and snack wrappers spread on the floor. There is an old couch on his left side, covered by a sheet that he’s 100% sure was white.

“That voice... Jackson?” A guy with hair parted in the middle pops up suddenly from God knows where, and he obviously can’t hide his smile upon seeing Jackson.

“Yugyeom?” Jackson grins as well, starts walking closer to hug the giant maknae, but trips on his half way. “Ya!” He yells and turns around, greeted by the silly face of JR. “A-Yo,” The latter grins mischievously before offering a hand to help Jackson.

“Ya,” This time Jackson feels someone knocking his head from behind. “YA!” Jackson yells again, rubbing his head. The culprit who knocked his head chortles. “You’re finally here.” He shakes head, his blonde hair looks gleaming under the dim lights of the hideout.

“Welcome back,” Mark grins, he looks like he was just running a hundred kilometers, so Jackson guesses he just got back there after their call.

Jackson shakes head but an amused smile is shown in his face. “You guys—“ He starts.

“Oh My, look who we have here.” A cold yet cocky voice interrupts him.

Jackson swears he almost freezes on his place. He sighs, turning back to find the worried-looking JB and Bambam, who looks at him in unreadable expression. If only looks could kill, Jackson would burn into ashes in any time from Bambam’s stare.

“Long time no see,” Bambam grins, but his eyes don’t show any single hint of happiness. “You’ve been very missed.” He adds.