On Bended Knees: One

On Bended Knees

“Jack,”

No replies.

“Jackson,”

Once again, no replies.

“Wang Jackson!”

Youngji sighs and finally—losing her temper—slams the thick text book on the desk, causing the owner who was dozing off peacefully wakes up startled. His eyebrows meet in the center upon seeing Youngji, putting a bored expression as usual.

“The teacher wants you to work on this. The due date is tomorrow,” Youngji opens a page in the text book, pointing at a highlighted part.

“What? Why?” Jackson snickers. Who in the world shoves him assignments as soon as he wakes up?

“Because you got bad mark on her latest test.” The girl rolls her eyes, but a small grin is plastered in her face, as if mocking on Jackson’s misfortune.

“You gotta help me with this,” Jackson makes face at Youngji, who returns it gladly with an uglier expression. Jackson knows he can’t beat Youngji when it comes to making faces.

“You gotta treat me something then.” She shrugs, shots a playful glare at the boy.

Jackson raises his eyebrows, “Easy.”

Both of them grab their bags on their desks, then walk out of the class nonchalantly. Jackson casually slung an arm around Youngji’s shoulder, who looks at it in disgust—playfully, of course—and pinches the boy’s waist.

“YAH- What was that for?” The boy winces, and Youngji bursts to a fit of laughter.

“For treating your girlfriend really brotherly,” She finishes with a cheeky grin, hooks her arm around Jackson’s waist, then tiptoes to kiss his cheek.