On Bended Knees: Three

On Bended Knees

“There’s a new pastry shop near the junction.” Youngji sips her chocolate milk while glancing at her boyfriend. “And?” Jackson looks up from the half-eaten noodle he was having, showing confused expression.

Youngji can’t help but to giggle at her silly boyfriend. She reaches out a hand to wipe the corner of Jackson’s mouth which was smeared with sauce.

“Let’s go there after school.” She replies, grinning cheekily. That kind of grin who always makes Jackson’s day seem 1000 times better whenever he sees that.

Jackson slurps down his noodle, purposedly taking more time to answer. He’d usually say yes quickly to the date offer especially with his one and only girlfriend, but this time it was a bit different.

“Uhm- Can we do it some other day?” Jackson carefully says, making Youngji raises both of her eyebrows. “Are you going to do something today?” She asks. Jackson only nods without giving specific answer, and dabs his lips with a tissue after finishing his noodle.

Youngji and Jackson have just been together for a month, and Youngji somehow has this feeling that Jackson still thinks their relationship are new—which means she and him still need a long way to go to know each other better, and that also means it still needs a long time for both of them to slowly open up to each other.

On the contrary, Jackson has already fallen for Youngji deeply. He can’t imagine him without Youngji. It’s just him being confused about how to tell Youngji without annoying or even hurting her.

 “Okay then.” Youngji nods. “What?” Jackson’s eyes widen at the sudden unexpected answer.

Youngji has to laugh at that silly face her boyfriend was making. “I said okay. We can visit the pastry shop some other day.”

Jackson gapes, but quickly regains himself back. He smiles in relief, but still feeling guilty. “I promise.” He quickly says to make Youngji feels better, and his girl only nods with the famous eyesmile of her.

“Thank you,” Jackson grins sincerely and ruffles Youngji’s hair. The girl beams with a rosy pink cheeks, obviously blushing.

Jackson ponders to himself. *I will tell you later.*