LAST CHAPTER

I'm Sorry

“I thought you won’t be able to come…”





Seunghyun greeted him with a big smile on his face… Jiyong walked up to him and gave him a quick hug…





“Why wouldn’t I…? I’m your best man remember…? Plus I’m here for the food…”





Seunghyun looked at him in disbelief… and playfully punched his shoulder





“Aisht..! I was about to be touched with what you just said… you big opportunist..!”





The two laughed aloud until a knock came to Seunghyun’s room…






“Sir… I brought you your suit…”






Seunghyun walked happily towards his old butler…






“Thanks Mr. Kim…”






The two talked a bit and Jiyong watched them not taking off the smile on his face… he walked over to his friend’s bed and picked up a well-decorated invitation card…


You are cordially invited to
celebrate the wedding of

Belle Fuentes
and
Seunghyun Choi





Who would have thought…probably Dara was the one who broke his friend’s heart… but she was also the one who bridged Seunghyun to the real person who would heal that wound and would keep it beating and alive…






A tap on his shoulder brought him back… he looked over his shoulder and saw his friend smiling at him…






“So… how are you…?”






Jiyong bowed down and smiled before turning to face his friend… he walked up to the nearest couch and sat…






“I’m fine… well... I’m still adjusting everyday… I should do it…. even if it’s hard… I don’t want to make her suffer too much just because of my selfishness…”






Seunghyun followed him and sat beside him… he heaved up a sigh before nodding his head… he knew what hardship his friend is still going through right now…






“I know it’s hard… but I’m sure you can get through it… just remember that we’re all here if you need something… okay…”






Jiyong looked at him with another smile on his face… his friend has always been there for him… especially during the hardest time in his life… and even now that it’s his special day… Seunghyun still offer his time to push him to go through another hardship in his life…





“Thank you…”




“Why are they taking too long in there…?!”





Seunghyun yelled once again… making the others jump a bit on their seats… it seemed like the silence was more deafening than the ramblings of the nervous Seunghyun who kept pacing back and forth in front of the operating room…






And that snapped Jiyong from his thoughts… making him stood up from his seat and without a second thought, he marched towards the operating room… the others looked up from their seats and when they saw him about to go inside, they all stood up and ran after him…





“Jiyong…! Where are you going…?!”






Youngbae who first stopped him held him on his shoulder… Jiyong didn’t speak but instead, continued in his way… both eyes were starting to tear and his lips started to tremble in fear… there’s something wrong going on inside that room… and he could feel it…






“Let go…”






He whispered… his breathing quickened… pushing his friend away from him… the others watched as Daesung, Seungri and Youngbae still tried to stop him from going inside…






“I said let go..!”






He shouted in anger… he was panting as he kept suppressing himself from crying… Seunghyun nodded his head towards the three to let him go… and as soon as he was free from his friends, Jiyong immediately pushed open the door of the operating room…






“Let him be…”






Seunghyun whispered to the others who were left together with him outside…






Jiyong’s heart almost stopped upon seeing his lover in the midst of death… as if he couldn’t hear a thing… as if he couldn’t feel the nurses who tried pushing him back outside… his tears started to shed upon seeing the doctors trying to save his lover… pumping her chest to gain back her heartbeat…






“No…”






He mumbled… and pushed his way towards her…






“No you can’t Dara…”






He said again between his sobs….






“Sir you can’t be in here..!”






The nurses tried to stop him… but no matter what, he continued with his way… succeeding to push away the nurses who tried to stop him… his gaze still locked on the figure of her…






“No… you can’t leave me…!”






He yelled s he kneeled beside her bed…he reached for her hand and held it close to his face… there was a moment of silence inside the room… people inside were in a moment of awe upon hearing him scream for her… the nurses let him and slowly stood back away from them…






“Baby please… you can’t leave me right now…Dara… please…not yet….”






He doesn’t care if he’s being selfish… he doesn’t care if right now, she’s suffering from battling between life and death… all he knows and wants is for her to not to let go right now…






“Sir please step back…”






The nurses pulled him away… he squeezed her hand one last time before letting and all he could do was to watch… standing from a bit far… watching her as she battled for her life…






‘Am I being selfish…?’






She watched as her body bounced on the bed after another shot of electricity ran through her body to revive her…






‘Don’t you want to stay with me Dara…?’






He kneeled and saw the trail of tears at the side of her eyes…






‘I’m sorry baby… but I don’t want to let go of you yet… you can’t leave me just yet…’






And he bowed down… crying to himself… drowning himself to his selfishness for he thinks that’s the only way he could mend his slowly breaking heart…






‘Please… don’t take her away from me…let her decide… for once…’






Both hands fisted on the cold floor… his tears kept on flowing from his now swollen eyes… hoping that someone could hear him… and give him the miracle that he needed that moment…






And the next thing he heard was the faint sounds of heartbeats coming from one of the machines around her… the rejoicing voices of the people inside, filled the room…he looked up… and numbness overtook his body for right at that moment… he couldn’t express the overflowing happiness that ran up to his body…








He smiled upon remembering that time… as much as he didn’t expect for him to be heard of his pleads… he was really grateful that Dara was given another chance to live…






“You need some help…?”






He asked his friend who was having a hard time wearing his tuxedo…






Seunghyun was shaking because of mixed excitement and anxiety… that even wearing his wedding suit became so hard for him… whatever happened to the president of the Choi’s group of company…






Jiyong chuckled… he understands how his friend’s feeling right now… it was the same unexplainable feeling he felt when he was on his friend’s shoes back then…







He gently caressed her face as she sleeps… It’s already been a month but still she hasn’t waked up… he smiled… finally she could now sleep peacefully… he never leave her side… as if he got nothing else to do he always stayed there… waiting for her to wake up… waiting for her to spoke of her answer to him… he knows she will soon… he just have to wait for her…





“Take your time baby… I’ll be just right here…”





He whispered to her ear before placing a soft kiss on her cheek and lied down beside her…






He would tell her stories…he would whisper each minute how much he loves her… their other friends would come and visit her almost everyday… Seunghyun would oddly come with a big yet unreadable smile on his face… her family would also be there to check on them… giving Jiyong all the time to be with her all the time…






“Thank you...”






Mrs. Park told him once they got the chance to talk… Jiyong looked up to the old lady before him with a confused look on his face…. the older lady smiled at him… grateful that by each day he’s starting to go back on his old healthy self…






She reached for his hand and held it on her lap.






“Thank you for not giving up on her…”






Jiyong was stilled at first… after a while his lips curved into a smile…






“You don’t have to thank me for that mom… I love her… and I don’t care how long it would take for me to wait for her… probably this is my punishment for hurting her back then and for not being with her the first time this happened to her…”






“No… don’t say that…it’s never been your fault… my daughter loves you for you not to see her suffering… that is why I am thankful that you stayed strong for her…because I don’t know where else I could get some strength to see my daughter suffering like that…”






The older lady wiped off her tears… Jiyong pulled his hands from her to give her a hug…






“But it’s all good now mom… she would be back to us in no time…”






“Yes… I know…”






He felt her nod on his shoulder as he closed his eyes and prayed once again… to give all of them more strength to battle this last hardship of waiting for her…





--





His hand brushed along her hair… it’s already been months, but still she’s in deep sleep… they already took the cast off on her head… her hair had already grown long again… and her cheeks were not pale anymore…





“Baby… when are you planning to wake up…?”






He poked her chubby cheek… playing with her lips thinking she could feel him tickling her for her to wake up… just this morning he received a call from Heechul knowing that Sohee finally accepted his wedding proposal… he sure is happy for them… but can’t deny to himself that he was a bit envy… that until now… not a single word of ‘yes’ from his lover could be heard….





He sighed… smiled to himself for thinking silly again… he stood up from his seat and bent down to kiss her on her forehead…





“I’ll be right back okay…? I’ll just buy something to eat… don’t go anywhere…”






He chuckled to himself… he’s really going out of his mind because of too much waiting…






As he went outside he saw Seunghyun holding a bouquet of flowers in his hand, walking across the corridor… his brow raised… thinking where his friend’s going…






He quickly followed Seunghyun and his eyes widen upon seeing where he went with those flowers…






“Sir…! I couldn’t possibly accept these flowers..!”






Seunghyun shook his head coolly and showed the nurse his signatured smile… the other nurses started to crowd around them… leaving the poor young nurse blushing madly…






“It seems like the young master already recovered from his past heart break…”





Jiyong heard an old man’s voice behind him… he quickly turned around and found Mr. Kim holding a basket of fruits… he gave it to Jiyong telling him it’s for Dara… he couldn’t shook off the curiosity inside him as he again turned his gaze towards his friend… he heard the old man chuckled…






“He said he should advance to her quickly before someone could take her away from him again… the young master couldn’t even concentrate on his work thinking of what he would give to her… probably he forgot about the basics of giving a simple bouquet of flowers…”






Jiyong finally smiled in amazement… Seunghyun never told him anything… who would have thought he would fall in love with Dara’s nurse… but sure he was glad that now his friend finally found someone who he would call ‘his’…






“I’m happy for him…”





“I’ll see you outside then…”





Jiyong tapped his friend’s shoulder… and Seunghyun looked at him with an unreadable expression on his face… more of like he was having a constipation… he chuckled at his friend’s silliness…





“Don’t be nervous… you’re the man of this day…! Make this day be memorable for the both of you and of course for us…”






He winked at his friend… which earned a relieved smirk from his friend…






“By the way… where is she…? She didn’t even check me here like you and the others…”






“She’s probably in your bride’s room… you know how she gets excited about weddings right… as if she’ll be the one who will get married again…”






He shook his head… remembering how his wife was more ecstatic than Bom during its wedding… that Bom almost kicked her out of her room if not for Taeyang telling Bom to just let the ‘little girl’ play…she just keeps on meddling in putting her make-ups and her gown… almost delaying the wedding itself…






“Is it really that hard…?”






Seunghyun suddenly whispered… Jiyong pursed his lips from his friend’s sudden mood…






“What hard…?” he asked in confusion






“Being a father…?”






Jiyong smiled as he tilted his head to the side… it seemed like his stories of him earlier got into his friend’s head…






“Well… yes… I have to adjust in my sleep all the time… I couldn’t just let her take care of our baby every night... she couldn’t get tired too much… we couldn’t even go out on dates just the two of us anymore… or even cuddle in our sleep because one of us will be there to take care of him… plus you have to change diaper every single minute… and damn..! He’s a freaking puke machine..-“






He stopped when he saw his friend’s shocked face…. he laughed out loud earning a weird look from Seunghyun…






“But despite all of those… having a child… knowing that he’s ours… seeing him everyday makes every of those hardships all worth it… a blessing that both of us really felt grateful for… plus… they said he looks like me… so daddy needs to be more patient with him…”







He ended with a proud smile… Seunghyun scoffed and rolled his eyes… Jiyong always brags about his child having his looks…






“What…? You asked for it…?”






“Yeah… yeah I get it… just wait till I get my little ‘Seunghyun’”






The room filled with their laughter… finally felt contented for all of them will finally have their happy endings…




He went back to her room bringing with him the basket of fruits that Seunghyun brought for Dara…






Apples… her favorite… he thought…






And suddenly… his tracks stopped upon reaching her room… eyes set inside her room… couldn’t even blink from what he’s seeing… his lips parted… shoulders heaved down in so much relief… and slowly… he forgot that he was holding on something as he unconsciously let go of the basket he was holding… the fruits rolled on the floor… it caused quite noise which earned the attention of the woman inside the he was staring at…






There she is… looking at him with her angelic face… having the rays of the sun washed over her as she stood before the window…her pink lips… that was once unmoving was now curved into her warm beautiful smile…






His brow curved… suppressing the tear that was threatening to escape his eye… afraid that it would just wash out the delusion he’s probably having right now…






He set his first step…gaze was still locked on the figure before him…





“Jiyong…”






Oh God… how he missed that soft voice of hers…






And without thinking twice… not minding if he was hallucinating… his tracks quickened… who would have thought that her room was big for him to actually run to get to her…






And without a word from him… he collected her in his arms… snuggling his face on her neck… smelling her natural fragrant scent that he loved… tears finally burst out from his eyes… she’s truly his weakness… hugging her tight trying to feel her warmth… trying to feel that it was all real… until after a while… he felt her arms wrapped around him… telling him that yes… she’s really there… awake and finally back in his arms…






They stayed like that for a while… not noticing their family and friends who were right outside her room watching them with tears in their eyes…






She rested her head on his shoulder… with her eyes closed… remembering all the loving words he had spoke off during her sleep… remembering his warmth whenever he would hold her… yes… it’s all the same as now…






“Thank you for coming back… I missed you so much Dara-ah…”






He said between his sobs… muffling it as he still snuggled on her neck… caressing the back of her head… she smiled… and kissed his shoulder…






“I missed you too…”






She pulled out from their hug… which caused him to get confused a bit… she cupped his face on her hands… and tears trailed down on her cheeks for he missed his face… this is worse than the three years they were apart… she thought…






They looked at each others eyes at first… before a shy smile crept on her lips…






“Jiyong-ah…. yes… I will marry you…”






He was in state of shock at first… she still hasn’t forgotten about it… his tears continousy flowed out from his eyes… as he chuckled… covering his mouth with his hand for he doesn’t know what to say next… after a while he grabbed her again and hugged her… getting a pair of familiar rings inside his pocket… he reached for her hand… she turned around, with him on her back, hugging her from behind… she watched him as he slipped down the rings on their fingers… and held her hand with his…





“Saranghae… jagiya…”






Even though his voice was breaking… even though the rings weren’t the expensive ones… and even though it wasn’t the most romantic place to celebrate their engagement… it was still one of the most blissful thing that happened in both of their lives… a dream that came true… another miracle that happened… the day that would mark a new start of their undying love for each other…







“You may now kiss the bride”






The priest told the groom…






Seunghyun looked over their guest first… he winked at Jiyong… and harshly pulled his bride in his arms causing the people to gasp…






“Saranghae Belle…!”






He yelled… echoing inside the large cathedral… causing the bride and the guest to be taken aback on their seats… his mom stopped from crying having her jaw dropped… while his dad cheered for him…






He smirked before crashing his lips with his wife… giving her a breath taking kiss…






Jiyong scoffed and pouted… which earned a light chuckle from his wife beside her…






“What’s wrong…?”






She lightly elbowed him…






“He copied me..! Aisht…! No originality..!”






Remembering how he did the same during his and Dara’s wedding…he stomped like a child on his spot…






“Huh..! Good thing I am not as corny as you both…!”






Taeyang bragged upon remembering his own antic during his wedding with Bom… which was he played her a song during their wedding…






“It was all cool…not until your voice cracked”






Bom a bit… caressing the big bulge on her stomach…






“Aisht..! How many times I have to tell you it was all because I practiced all night…”






He pouted like a child… joining Jiyong sulking in the corner…






“Don’t worry Chaerin-ah… I won’t be as cheesy and failure as the hyungs…”






Seungri said in much proud… pulling Cl closer to him which made the girl elbowed him in the stomach…






“Who told you I will marry you…?”






“Yah..! I thought you already agreed to marry me…?!”






Seungri’s eyes widen in disbelief… Cl just rolled her eyes in annoyance…






“If you’re Teddy oppa I’ll marry you…”






“What…?! That guy from that cheap bar…? Who always wears a hoody and a cap…?! Does he have some skin disease or something that he always hides his skin Tssk-…!”






He continuously cursed under his breath while Cl retaliated back… leaving Daesung and Minji watching them in amazement… the two who have the most awkward yet normal relationship at the same time…






“Let’s not be like them arasso…?”






“Yes… yes… I agree…”






Jiyong continued to sulk… throwing deadly glares on his friend at the altar… soon he stopped when he heard his son’s chuckles…






“Aigoo… daddy’s like a child right baby…?”






Dara pointed at Jiyong while she carried their son on her other arm… the baby boy just chuckled again as he waved his little arms up, holding on to a familiar purple plush toy…






Jiyong finally calmed… his son never fails to make him happy… and especially his wife… he reached for them… his two angels… hugging her from behind, he smiled resting his chin on top of her head…






“It would be better if Sohee and Heechul are here…”






She whispered… he smiled once again playing with his son with his other hand, still hugging her…






“I guess they are still enjoying their honeymoon… don’t worry they promised to visit after their honeymoon…”






She nodded and caressed their son’s chubby cheek… the baby boy’s enjoying playing with his dad as he kept on chuckling in her arms…






How grateful he is to finally have the chance to be like this with her… a chance that he and she will live to in happiness for the rest of their lives… making the best of each of its days






They swayed as they watched their friends… finally... after the tears and heartaches… a moment of nothing but pure happiness for all of them…




Probably not all of them...





"Yah...! Marry me...!" Seungri shouted... but Cl just ignored him...





"Chaerin-ah..." his eyes began to tear... while the others watched them laughing at their usual 'lovers' quarrel'...

 

-END