Chapter 1

I'm Sorry

Three years had passed… Three years without you… Three years of nothing but pain… I didn’t expect that I could manage to go back… I don’t know if I should be happy or not… mixed emotions filled me… happy that I’m going to see you again, that I could feel life again, or afraid that you won’t forgive me for leaving you… I tried my hardest to be able to come back… to come back to you… I hope you would be happy to see me again…

 

[Flashback]

 

“Dara do you think it’s funny huh..?” The guy rose hi left eyebrow to his girlfriend


“What..? What did I do..?” The girl innocently asked her raging boyfriend


“What’s wrong..? That thing… everything started with that thing..!” he shouted as he pointed at the purple stuffed toy lying on the couch.


“You cancelled our date just because you need to wash that freaking thing! Every time you cancel our date is because of that thing..! He continued



“Yah..! Don’t call Tam-tam ‘that thing’ do you know how it hurts..!” the girl said as she approached the innocent doll and hugged it tightly.



“Because I think you love that doll more than me…! You should give that back to CL..!” The guy said as he carelessly slumped himself on the couch.



“No..! Tam-tam’s my baby… I wont give him to anyone..!” The girl said as she pouted… the guy just got angrier with her statement.



“Baby..? You call that freaking stuff toy a baby..? Dara-ah are you really out of your mind…?” The guy stood up again and approached his pouting girlfriend.



“Yes..! This is our baby…! I can’t believe you want to give your son away just like that…!” She said as she turned around, her back facing her boyfriend… he left his mouth hanged open because of so much disbelief…



After a while of recollecting his thoughts… he can’t hold himself to laugh out loud which made his girlfriend turn around to face him confused with his actions…



“Yah..! That’s our son..? Since when..? I don’t remember you conceiving a piece of cloth stuffed with foam or whatsoever..!” He’s now holding on to his stomach suppressing himself to laugh more when he saw his girlfriend starting to get red because of anger… after a while he managed to calm down.



“Arasso… arasso… that Tam-tam will be my son… but it’s just that… I hate it when you always cancel our date because of tha-… him… it seems like you love him more than me…” The guy said as he pouted, trying to look pitiful in front of his girlfriend



“Aw… Jiyongie… you know that’s not true… we’re always together you know… you know that I love you so much… you’re the only man I love plus Tam-tam is our son… so don’t get jealous over our baby…I’m sorry about our cancelled dates… I’ll make it up to you next time” she said as she approached the pouting man and slid her arms around his waist… the man immediately flashed a wide grin and pulled his girlfriend closer to him…



“Really…? I’m the only one..? Okay… you’re forgiven… I love you so much baby…” he said as he leaned forward and gently kissed on her lips…



“I love you too… only you…” The girl replied as she kissed her boyfriend again… but then man pulled away first.



“I wonder where Tam-tam got his looks…? I’m sure it’s not from me..” The man smirked and played with his eyebrows which earned him a slap on his arm from his girlfriend.

 

[End of flashback]

 

“Tam-tam… can you still remember your father? Do you want to see him again? I hope he’ll forgive us…” I clutched at the ring that hung on my necklace and as I hugged the violet stuffed toy I’ve been keeping for years..



Suddenly I heard a chuckle… I glanced at my side and saw the man beside me staring at me with amazement… I realized that I’m still in the plane….


---


Three years… it’s already been three years now… but I still can’t forget about her… I have so many questions that had left unanswered… How can you leave me when you promised you won’t..? Why did you leave…? Do I still have to wait for you…? Three years… I’ve kept myself drown in the darkness of life… you were my life that’s why when you left I felt my it was taken from me…. Three years of nothing but torture… you were the girl who made my heart raced and the end took it away from me…


I tried my best to get my life back… The past two years were unbearable… knowing that I won’t see you everyday, I felt like just locking myself to the outside world… But now I had set my mind that you’ll never come back to me again… I have to prove myself in front of everyone that I am not as fragile as I am before three years ago…

 

[Flashback]

 

“Jiyong-ah… Saranghae…I love you so much… always remember that…” The girl said as she buried her face on his boyfriend’s neck… they were lying down on a beach….



“What’s up with that…? Huh…?” The man asked confused by his girlfriend’s sudden action…



“Nothing… I just want to tell you I love you… Why, don’t you love me back…?” She faced her boyfriend with her puppy eyes.



“Of course I love you… but yah…! Did you do something huh… why are you acting like this?” The man sat up holding his girlfriend’s waist



“Why…? Don’t I have any rights to tell my boyfriend how much I love him…?” The girl said, creases are now forming on her forehead…



“N-no…. of course not…I’m just surprised with your sudden boldness…” he lied down again pulling his girlfriend with him and resting her head on his chest while playing with her hair…



“Jiyong-ah…” she called in a sweet voice…



“Mmm..?” The man replied while his eyes closed still playing with his girlfriend’s hair.



“Would you be mad at me if I’ll leave you…? I mean… if I’ll disappear suddenly…?” the girl silently asked her boyfriend as she draws circles on his chest…



“What’s with the sudden question..?”



“Just answer it…” the girl said



“Of course I will… especially is it’s because of another man… I’ll hunt him down and kill him…” he said playfully… the girl chuckled because of his silliness…



“You’re really weird today huh… are you sure you didn’t do anything…?” the man opened his eyes once again to peek on his girlfriend… she just stay rested on his chest..



“Haha… nothing… just forget about it… don’t worry I won’t leave you… I’ll try my best to stay by your side always… and don’t worry I won’t exchange you to some other guy… I love you so much to hurt you like that…” she glanced above to meet his boyfriend’s face…



‘You’ll try your best?’ The guy thought but easily shook away when the girl landed a kiss on his lips…. He pulled the girl closer to him to deepen their kiss… his mind flew as they both fell into the bliss they’re sharing…



After a while, the couple pulled out from their kiss and comfortably lied down again… watching as the sun set highlighting the beauty of the sea in front of them…

 

[End of flashback]

 

I know that she still has the ring I gave her… but it doesn’t change anything… I clutched at the ring on my palm for whenever I see it memories of her kept on rewinding in my mind… in the end I still can’t let go of the past….


“Jiyong-ah… what are you doing…?” I felt a pair of arms embracing me from behind… I quickly hid the ring in my pocket…



“Nothing… come on let’s go… maybe they’re already waiting for us…” I said as I faced her and held her hand as we walked out of the house….



I have started my new life…. Completely without you… hoping that everything from the past would only remain as it is… I want to move on and feel the life once again…..