Chappie $

Love Comes in Leaps

Luhan's POV

Can you come to the school roof? I have the ipod to return to you. ~Okay

I sit on my bed staring at the text that I just received from Okay. I glance at the time on my phone, It reads 9:01 p.m. The sun has long since been below the horizon. The only light illuminating my room is that coming from my bedside lamp and my phone. I stare at the text for a few more seconds. It's curious. I text her back.

Why not just give it back to me out on the balcony? ~Luhan

I'm not home and I won't be back for a while. Can u just meet me at school? ~Okay

Sure. I'll there in a few. ~Luhan

I grabbed my jacket and headed down stairs. Our family was invited to have dinner with a corporate friend of my father's, but I wasn't deemed perfect enough so they left me at home. I slip on my shoes before heading outside. 

The walk to the school is silent and cold. The small flurries that land on my nose seem to linger for a second longer than usual before melting away. The streets are clear due to the number of feet and tires that have melted away the snow, though at the moment no one is out. It's come to that time on night where no one is really on the streets. It's just me and my invisible shadow left to ponder of voicelessness and ice.

I reach the school within fifteen minutes.  The gates are open as the school doesn't usually lock them, though they propably should. I head into the empty school. My shoes squeek on the clean floor. I make my way toward the stairway that leads to the roof. It's in a more secluded part of the school and is hidden by a metal door. The stairs have look more or less unused. They're rusted and make an earie sound as I assend up them. It's funny though. I've never actually noticed these gloomy aspects of the journey to the roof.

I push open the door to the roof. The cold wind immediately my face. In contrast to the streets, the roof is dusted with a light powder sugar of snow. There are no steps imprinted in the snow. It is untouched. Almost perfect. And what makes it even more perfect is the girl standing by the ledge, looking out onto the horizon. The wind flutters her long dark hair that seems to blend in with the night. She looks comepletly isolated from the world below, as is the roof in gereral. It's a little bubble, floating above reality.

I quietly approach the girl, stopping right behind her. 

"Hey." I catch her attention.

She turns around and looks at me with a bright expression. She holds up the ipod and waves it slightly.

"Look what I got."

She walks closer to me. 

"I added two new songs. Wanna listen to them?"

"Sure." I reach out for the ipod, but she pulls it away just as I'm about to grab it.

"One condition."

"Fine."

"You have to keep your eyes closed. No matter what, don't open your eyes until the songs end.... please"

The please is quiet, and the way Okay is looking up at be, with big eyes, it's almost as if she's pleading me to keep my eyes closed. I give an unsure nod before closing my eyes. I feel something cold against my ears. The earbuds. Okay puts the ipod in my pocket, and the song starts.

(a/n: please play this song)

Okay's POV

I take a step away from Luhan before looking back up at him. His head is slightly nodding to the music as his body sways. I giggle slightly into my hand before letting my smile melt away like the snow that land's on his lashes. I stare up at Luhan for a few more moments. There's a happy expression on his face. He's not smiling, but he doesn't look pained like he did in my first few weeks of knowing him. I step closer to Luhan, his eyes are still closed. I'm glad they are. It's better that they're closed.

I stand directly in front of Luhan and take in his gentle features. I've always thought that his features were too pretty to express sadness, though I'm positive Lulu woud yell at me for calling him pretty. 

I stare at him for a few more seconds before standing up on my toes. I gently press my lips to his. The snow that was caught inbetween  the kis melts and is replaced with his warmth. I let myself linger for only a second before pulling back. Looking at his expression Luhan seems shocked, which is expected. I don't wait to see his face twist into confusion before stepping away again.

Luhan's POV

While listening to the song I feel something slightly cold, but at the same time extremely warm touch my lips. A kiss? Is Okay kissing me?! Just as I'm about to respond to the warmth when it pulls away, leaving me touched by fluries of snow and butterflies. 

Did Okay kiss me? Should I open my eyes? But she told me not to open them until the songs end. 

After a few more seconds of mental debate I open my eyes.The song is coming close to it's end now. 

When I open my eyes I'm met with emptiness. I look behind me only to see snow. I look back in front of me. Snow. I scan the rest of the roof.

Snow

Snow

Snow 

Snow

Snow

The song ends.

The next one comes on, but this time its not a song. Its a recording. I'm still looking around when it comes on.

"Hey Luhan." I freeze at the sound of Okay's voice,my eyes cast on the door to the staircase. Her voice though doesn't sound like it usually does. Its less cheerful.  " So I guess you can figure out by now that this isn't exactly a song. There are a few things that I've always wanted to say to you, but I never had the courage too. I suppose this is kinda a confession of a few things.

To start I just wanna say that I can now officially say that you are happy, or at least happier. Your smile now reaches your eyes. I can't exactly say the same for myself. You know how you used to say that you felt like I could always understand and related to you? Well. That's because I can. 

You see my parents were abusive too. The only difference between your situation and mine though is that where your parents would verbally abuse you, mine were more physical. Those nights you heard screaming over my music, it wasn't bad sining. They were actual screams. The nights my lights were out early, were the nights that I was crying. I never told you because I never really wanted to bother you. I prefer to make others smile brightly, rather than smile myself. Sounds kinda twisted huh. 

Now on to the second confession.....I love you Luhan. I have for a while. I always used the right earbud because that way I always had a better veiw of your face. I never really slept on your shoulder while you sang. I was just taking in you voice and your warmth. I'm not really sure how exactly I came to love you. I just did. As simple as that. It makes me really happy that I was able to be there for you and make you smile, and if you loved me too? Then thank you.....Now for all the times you have sung to me, allow me to sing to you.

I never though that you would be the one to hold my heart

But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start

You put your arms around me

And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go

You put your arms around me and I'm home" Her voice was beautiful. After all the times I heard her screeching songs to me, I never expected her to be able to sing. (a/n: song is Christina Perri's Arms)

" Oh. One more thing Luhan. You can't not do anything. You can sing. Remember that. You don't have to remember me. Just remember that. Good bye. And sorry in advance."

And with that the recording cuts off. I stand there and think about every thing she said. 

She's abused. She loves me. She's abused. She loves me.

I then have a realization that she must have ran home. That must be it. She probably didn't want to have to face me after the recording. I sprint down the stairwell and throught the school with the intent of going home and telling Okay that I love her. That I am here for her.

When I walk out of the school's front doors I stop.

Where my parents had pushed me down months earlier lays Jin Jae-Ok.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She wasn't ok.