final

Summertime Sadness

Tomorrow was the first day at work for the 2014 Summer. However, it was also the first day that Jongin would be ‘nice’ to Kyungsoo. It’s not like he is ever mean to her… he just apparently ‘makes people feel uncomfortable’ and ‘brings the bad vibes on’. He hated over thinking about stuff. It’s actually one of his worst traits. People always assumed he was a cool and chill guy, but he does have a lot of self esteem issues going on.

Jongin sighed and realized he probably wasn’t going to get any sleep soon, so he went upstairs to his sister’s room.

“Jongdae… Jongdae, wake up.” Jongin whispered to his sister, while shaking the sleeping girl.

“What the heck, Jongin? There’s no thunder or lightening outside, you’re not sleeping with me.” Jongdae said as she looked at her digital clock. “It’s 3 AM, and we both work tomorrow. What do you want?”

Jongin rolled his eyes. Ew, like he would really want to be in his sister’s room if there wasn’t a storm outside... Uh he means... he's 19 years old, why would he ever want to sleep in his older sister's room? “Many people are scared of thunderstorms for your information.”

“Most of them aren’t so old that their parents actually refuse to let them sleep in their bed, and you in turn sleep in your older sister’s room." Jongin muttered a quick, rude, to his sister. Seriously this better be important, or I’m kicking you out.” The older girl said as she snuggled into her pillow. Jongin sighed and sat on his older sister’s bed for five minutes before speaking up.

“Be 100 % honest, why does Kyungsoo not like me?” Jongin said as he tugged his sister up from her pillow.

“Because you’re a ?” Jongdae laughed obnoxiously. “I just said no trolling, be honest.” Jongin has given Kyungsoo many reasons to dislike him, but Jongdae would never tell him what caused all of Kyungsoo’s rage. He was tired and irrational, but he just felt like knowing. If he knew maybe he could start from Square One on how to be a decent person.

“You’re a cupcake Nini, but whenever you’re around Soo you get all grossly obnoxious and boy-y. That can’t be attractive. Now can I go back to sleep?”Jongdae asked as she pushed her younger brother out of her bed.

“Ow! Fine, I’m trying to work on that jeez. But I want to know the original reason she hates me, please sis. I’ll let you sleep if you tell me.” Jongdae looked at her younger brother sleepily. She always told Kyungsoo that she would never tell Jongin about this, but she was way too tired and needed him gone.

“Fine douche nozzle, after this you get out of my room, okay?” Jongin nodded excitedly and held on tightly to a pillow as if this was going to be a fun story time.

0220.png 

“Who’s that boy next to Jongdae?” Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun as she was arranging her ponytail. Their school was hosting a volleyball tournament and the boy next to Jongdae was kind of cute. “Is that her boyfriend?”

They looked very close with each other and Kyungsoo was feeling a little envious of her new friend. They met two months ago, so it’s not like they knew everything about each other yet. Like the fact Jongdae had a cute boyfriend.

“Jongin? Gross, no. That’s her younger brother. He’s still in high school and wanted more volunteer hours, so Jongdae is getting him to help out at the tourney today.” Baekhyun said as she was stretching.

“Kyungsoo! What are you doing sitting around yapping? Get to stretching!” Luhan yelled at her friend as she went on to look at the rest of her ‘team’. Luhan was definitely not the captain, this team isn’t even an official team. Luhan just happens to be the oldest and bossiest, so she chose herself to be the leader to guide them to victory over the other universities participating.

“You know there’s no prize right? For winning? This is all for charity.” Jongdae said as she sat next to Baekhyun and started stretching.

“No prize?” Luhan questioned Jongdae while smiling. “NO PRIZE?! So you think free sushi isn’t a prize? HA! Get real, Jongdae.” Luhan barked, continuing to laugh weirdly, leaving the group.

“Anyways… Kyungsoo has a lil crush on you lil bro.” Baekhyun laughed and poked Kyungsoo. She just loved teasing her friend and seeing her get all shy.

“No I don’t!” Kyungsoo yelped. “He’s just not bad looking… it’s probably because your parents are so hot.”

“Speaking of what’s hot… you’re still not.” A shrill but familiar voice called to Kyungsoo.

“H-hey, Tiffany. What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo jumped a bit as she saw the girl. The comment was dumb and totally not clever, but Tiffany Hwang struck fear into every fibre of Kyungsoo's body. Not to stereotype Americans, but something about that Valley Girl voice triggered Kyungsoo's memories and anxieties from high school.

“What are you surprised to see me here?” Tiffany asked Kyungsoo smugly. Kyungsoo was stuttering trying to explain herself, luckily Baekhyun was here.

“Yeah actually… we never thought you’d get into a University or College. Or even pass High School to be honest.” Baekhyun smirked, and stood in front of Tiffany. Baekhyun was defintiely shorter than the later, but the way she presented herself showed she was the bigger person here.

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Tiffany had all gone to high school together. To say Tiffany was ever nice to them would be like saying Luhan isn’t good at everything. It’s an obvious fact so it was nothing to every bring up. She was the epitome of stuck up . She had an air of false confidence around her that screamed ‘I’m different from other girls!!!” while really meant, she was basic as hell.

“Well I did, and my school’s totally going to beat you later. Also Kyungsoo, just because you lost some weight and don’t wear your glasses anymore doesn’t make you hot. To remind you that, I will now go claim that boy you were ing on." Kyungsoo was stunned and couldn't believe what she was hearing. It was like someone paid Tiffany to act out a page from her Dream Journal. "I’m single now if you’re wondering, so you can have your leftovers back.” Tiffany laughed and walked over to Jongin.

No… Kyungsoo wasn’t crying because Tiffany was going to make a move on the aforementioned cute boy. Or that she stole yet another boy of her affections. She was stronger than that now. Those words still hurt though, and watching Jongdae’s brother flirting back with Tiffany was just upsetting her. What kind of disgusting boy could like such a horrible person?

Kyungsoo ran out of the gym and went to the washroom. Tiffany was right. Kyungsoo did lose her baby fat, but her cheeks were still squishy. She didn’t have abs like Luhan. Her thighs, , and s were still too big to even be attractive. She was ugly.

“Hey Kyungsoo. Don’t be upset, my brother’s a turd and Baekhyun just told me that Tiffany girl goes to a dumb school. Forget about them and spike a ball to her head okay? You’re beautiful and she’s just mad that you’re waaaay cuter than she is” Jongdae said soothingly as she rubbed circles in her new friends back.

Kyungsoo nodded weakly and hugged Jongdae tightly, trying to believe her friend's words.

0220.png 

“Jongin? Did you even listen to what I said?” Jongdae asked to her dazed looking brother.

“Yeah yeah I got it. That was rude to my peach and Kyungsoo saw her trying to flirt with me, and got mad. Baekhyun came up to us right away afterwords and wanted to fight that girl. I was just too busy remembering Kyungsoo’s in those volleyball shorts. That’s the day I fell in love.” Jongin said smiling at the memory.
 

“I should totally tell her it was a misunderstanding and that I didn’t even like that Stephanie girl or whatever.” Jongin said as he stood up from the bed.

“Are you an idiot? No. Kyungsoo doesn’t even care now. Just start actually being nice to her, and stop making those kinds of comments about her body, okay?” Jongin nodded and his sister finally decided it was bed time and locked him out of her room.

Jongin was going to get Kyungsoo to change her mind about him before this summer ended.

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

“Jongin, wake up.” The boy thinks he may have heard a voice that sounded like his mother, but he’s not really a functioning member of society right now so he can’t be sure. “Niniii~ wake up.”

“Mom, poking him is not going to help, you gotta do this.” Jongdae walked over from the door and to the boy’s bed, and jumped on it. “Get that lazy up, eh?”

“GET OFF OF ME NOW.” Jongin yelled trying to push his older sister off. “I. CAN’T. BREATHE.” Jongdae stuck her tongue out, not getting off of the bed… that is until Jongin farted.

“YOU’RE ING DISGUSTING! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?” Jongdae said as she jumped off the bed. Jongin smirked triumphantly and snuggled back into his bed.

“I’m not driving you to work now, .” Jongdae laughed back and walked out of the room.

“That’s still a dollar in the jar, Jongdae!” Joohyun called after her daughter. “You too, Jongin. For farting on your sister, that’s not funny.”

0220.png 

“Oh my, did you really do that?” That’s hilarious, son!” Jongin's dad laughed as he took another sip from his coffe.

“NO IT WASN’T DAD!” Jongdae pushed down the newspaper in her dad's hands so he could see how hurt she was.

“I mean… no, no it wasn’t.” Their father said as he looked at his wife and daughter’s glares. “I will now side with Jongdae, and say that she is not driving you to work, and we won’t be either.”

“Daaaad, the bus doesn’t run till after my shift starts.” Jongin pouted and took a bite of his cereal. It's not the boy's fault that he's too lazy (scared) to get his license. He really needed someone to drive him today.

“You better start walking then, it takes about forty minutes to get to the park.” Jongdae said as she pulled down her face mask to take a bite of her toast. “Also I feel no sympathy for you, now walk.” Jongdae grinned behind her mask. Jongin wish the mask covered her entire face as the evil glint in her eyes was really pissing him off.

0220.png 

“MOM! MOM, MOM, MOM, MOOOM!” Kyungsoo frantically shouted for her mother.

“Relax, Kyungsoo. I’m right here!” Kyungsoo’s mom ran into the living room as she watched her daughter running around like a chicken with its' head cut off. “What are you looking for?”

“The car keys! Where are they?!” Kyungsoo said, as she looked again in her bag for the tenth time.

“Oh no. Your brother had something wrong at his new house, and your dad took the car to help him.” Kyungsoo’s mother wasn’t ready to feel the wrath of Satan-Soo.

“SEUNGSOO! DAD! UGHHHH!” The mother closed her eyes waiting for her daughter’s next move “There’s no bus that runs this early in the morning, I’m going to have to walk there! Bye mom, I love you!” Kyungsoo quickly pecked her mother on the cheek and left.

Kyungsoo’s mom opened her eyes. Well, she thought that could have gone a lot worse. Her daughter was a complete angel, if you didn’t get her mad. It seemed like she wasn’t that angry. However, when her husband called around lunch time, to tell her that there was something wrong with Seungsoo’s new sink, she had a feeling she knew what the cause of the problem was.

0220.png 

“Farts are hilarious, my dad totally thought so too until Jongdae was gonna fake cry. My parents talk a big game about gender equality but it’s so obvious my dad loves my sister more.” Jongin spoke into his phone to Sehun. “Now give me a ride to work.”

“You’re only fifteen more minutes away from work, you can live. Also farts are pretty funny, bye!” Sehun said cheerfully. , now he has to walk without the presence of Sehun’s voice now. Jongin continued to walk another couple of minutes when he thinks he sees a certain cute co-worker walking in front of him. She was listening to music when Jongin thought of a great idea.

“Hey, Kyungsoo.” Jongin said as he wrapped his arms around the girl. Kyungsoo proceeded to scream and elbow the boy behind her. She then heard a loud thud and took out her headphones.

“What do you think you’re doing!?” Kyungsoo screamed as she saw Jongin on the sidewalk, wailing in pain. She rolled her eyes and helped him up. She actually felt really bad for hurting him… though she shouldn’t because it could have been a or serial killer.

“Just saying-hi… Man, you’re strong.” Kyungsoo giggled at the compliment. She quickly offered him a hand which he gladly took at he got up.

“Sorry about that. You shouldn’t scare people like that. Also why are you walking to work?” Kyungsoo asked the younger boy, matching his slow and pained pace.

“Got Jongdae mad, then she forced me to walk. Why are you walking? I don’t know how long you started, but we still have fifteen minutes to go.” Jongin asked, trying not to smile. This is it, he was gonna be nice to Kyungsoo now. And she has to be nice to him, since she totally ruptured his left kidney.

“My stupid brother had something go wrong in his new house, and my dad took the car to help him fix it. I’m so gonna get back at him.” Kyungsoo muttered the last bit. Now Jongin couldn’t help but smile at the girl. She was just so cute when she was planning revenge on people that weren't him.

“Alright, well you’re being kinda weird... so I’m just gonna walk behind you.” Kyungsoo explained and stopped walking.

“Are you just saying that to look at my ? Smart girl, I see your ulterior motives.” Jongin laughed as he walked exaggeratedly ‘y’ in front of the older girl. However he was still feeling pain,so he kinda wobbled. But maybe Kyungsoo wouldn’t notice and mistaken it for swagger. Yeah… swag.

Kyungsoo couldn’t even notice that Jongin was walking like a demented chicken. Because dammit, his isn’t bad. Look at those legs, whose legs are that long? Well Chanyeol’s, but he’s weird and totally Baekhyun’s soon, AND OKAY STOP IT. Kyungsoo was going to go crazy one day. She started walking and looking at her feet instead of Jongin’s . Think about work instead, work, work, work, work, work. Oh god, she was nervous for work. She tried thinking of something else until she finally bumped into something hard.

“You shouldn’t look down when you’re walking, it’s dangerous see!” Jongin said as he moved behind Kyungsoo.

“What are you doing?” The girl asked, rubbing her head. Jongin’s back was surprisingly hard. Dammit, she needed to stop having these thoughts so early in the morning.

“I’m being a good friend. Now you can’t get stabbed or attacked from the back. Now go, we’re gonna be late for work.” Jongin said as he watched Kyungsoo groan and startedwalking.

“You know I can still get stabbed in the front , eh? Or even the side? That could happen.” Kyungsoo muttered to no one really in particular, but probably at Jongin since he’s the only one here.

“Still, you could fight them off. Plus I think the chances of being stabbed from the back are higher than in the front.” Jongin said as he looked at Kyungsoo’s hair. He’s never seen it this close up, but it was nice. Kyungsoo shrugged, knowing there was no proof behind that fact as Jongin watched the long wavy hair move.

“So… what’s your favourite colour?” Jongin asked, still walking behind her. He knew it was a dumb question but hey, most friends would know one's favourite colour right?

“Um… I like teal and all kinds of blues. I’m starting to admit to myself that I like pink because… we’re getting old you know? I can’t keep lying to myself.” Kyungsoo smiled embarrassingly, and thanked God that no one could see her face when she said that. She didn't yet hear a snarky remark, but she turned around right on time to see a big smile take over Jongin’s face.

“HAHA! That’s really funny… you’re funny." Kyungsoo gave the boy a look to basically ask him to take it down a notch."I like blue too… so does that mean we can actually try to have a normal conversation while actually walking next to each other?” Jongin pleaded hopefully.

Kyungsoo rolled her eyes and laughed. “Fine, but only because we promised Zitao and Joonmyeon” Jongin hollered a quick whoop whoop and did a fist pump in the air.

“It’s only because we’re going to get to work in two minutes.” Kyungsoo laughed at the boy.

“That’s all the time I need to get to work.” Jongin winked, trying to be y. However, all Kyungsoo could do was laugh loudly. He’s never heard Kyungsoo let out a sweet and genuine laugh and dammit, how is he gonna survive this summer?

“So…besides premature ion, what else are you good at?”

0220.png 

“Ahoy SM Patrons! As a token of gratitude for all of matey’s here, a song that goes out to our lovely Customer Service girl…pirate? Girl, Kyungsoo! Here at SM Water’s everyone can feel like they’ve found treasure, or should I say, BOOTY.”

Kyungsoo paled as she heard the familiar voice on the PA System. Zitao changed the lock four times already, how did Jongin get into the office again?!

My Anaconda don’t…
My Anaconda don’t…
My Anaconda don’t want none unless you got buns hun

“JONGIN?! HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE AGAIN!?” Joonmyeon screamed at Jongin. Nicki Minaj’s voice still continued to play as the entire water park heard the two boys fight over the microphone.

“Do you not get how inappropriate this is?”

“Do you not get how this song totally fits us?! Anaconda. Euphemism for my . Don’t want none, unless you got buns, hun??? That’s Kyungsoo, cause no one else’s got buns or is as hot as she is!” Jongin struggled with his sentence as the boys presumably, kept fighting.

“Well. Your sister…is cute.” Joonmyeon finally got the mic from Jongin’s grasp. “I apologize to all of the patrons here at SM, please continue to have fun and come by Manny’s for a free ice cream on us-“

“MY SISTER?! OH, YOU SON OF A –“ That was the day Kyungsoo and Jongin had their first real conversation. Jongin sent Joonmyeon to first aid. Kyungsoo sent Jongin to first aid. As well as the day Jongdae picked the two boys up from the infirmary, and asked out the handsome customer service rep. He turned red when he accepted, either from the blush or the blood Jongin got out of him. But will forever be known as the last time Jongin attempts to get Kyungsoo's attention.

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

Work was going swimmingly for Kyungsoo so far. She was well adjusted to her job, and really liked all of her coworkers. Nothing has happened since the Anaconda incident, and she finally got her first pay check. She was also done with summer school. There was just one thing that could have been different.

“You and Jongin are still walking to work together every day?” Luhan asked at lunch. For some reason her breaks never matched up with Jongdae’s or Baekhyun’s. She’s barely seen them in the last two weeks. They were all exhausted once they were done work, and whenever they had a day off, the rest of the squad didn’t. Well except a Sunday where Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were both off, but she went on a date with Chanyeol instead, .

“It’s not every day.” Kyungsoo muttered, really wishing another friend was having lunch with her instead. “Just you know, the last two weeks.” Not like continuous or every day either, they didn’t always work the same days, or start on the same days.

“Why are you letting him?” Luhan said while shoving a baby carrot in . “I mean for a girl who claims to rather burn alive than talk to Jongin… you’re spending a lot of time with him.”

Kyungsoo laughed and ruffled the older girl’s head. “He apologized for the Nicki Minaj song. Why, are you jealous or something?” She teased the girl, trying to get her to change the subject. Kyungsoo’s been able to drive to work after the first day, but something about walking was nice. Jongin’s company wasn’t even that bad after the first three times... But if anyone asks it's because Kyungsoo is an environmental hoe.

Jongin walked into the break room to see Kyungsoo holding Luhan in an adorable headlock, aw, classic. He got his lunch bag from out of the fridge and walked to where the girls were.

“I can’t just tell him he can’t walk near me… that’s rude. So yeah I don’t mind Jongin walking with me to work… whatever. I just feel bad that he needs to walk 40 minutes to work every day. We should tell Jongdae to forgive him.”

Jongin stopped walking once he heard his name. Jongdae started offering him rides to work two days after the incident. He had been really enjoying walking with Kyungsoo in the mornings though. The 40 minute walks were starting to really , but anytime with the pretty girl was worth it.

“Hey… do you mind if I sit here?” Jongin said, already taking a seat next to his love. Before Kyungsoo could say no, Luhan was getting up.

“Well my fifteen minute break’s done. I’ll see you two later.” Luhan said, packing her lunch and leaving her OTP to spend time together.

“So… how was work today?” Jongin asked rummaging through his bag. Kyungsoo wasn’t really in the mood to talk to Jongin right now. She just got yelled at by a customer, so work today . She was about to tell the tanned boy to leave her alone when she saw what he took out of his bag.

“Is that vanilla pudding?!” Kyungsoo said, staring heavily at the cup of deliciousness in the lifeguard’s hands. “Um yeah it’s a good flavour… do you want some?”

Jongin scooped some in his spoon and held it up for the girl. She eyed Jongin and the spoon carefully and decided, why not? Her mother never lets her buy the stuff anymore because she eats the entire pack in one sitting and she deserved this today.

What Jongin didn’t expect was for Kyungsoo to grab his wrist and bring the spoon into .

“Mmm.” Kyungsoo moaned as she ate the pudding… and oh god. Some of it’s on her face. No, Jongin’s brain spoke, you are not going to pop a just because the girl of your dreams has some white stuff near and just made the loveliest noise ever, nope, nah.

Kyungsoo took the spoon from the dazed boy’s hand and took the pudding cup. “Oh Goddd, that’s so good.” Kyungsoo hummed as she finished the dessert. Jongin’s brain was currently broken watching the girl devour his vanilla pudding. Seriously, Jongin thought to himself, you escaped Disney World with an down Space Mountain at the age of twelve, you can ing live through this.

She finished the cup contently and turned around to see a gaping Jongin.

“Jongin… I’m so sorry. I just really love vanilla pudding. Like, super love. Like I’d probably make love to -“ Kyungsoo was then interrupted when she saw Jongin run to the staff fridge and raid lunch bags for vanilla pudding.

“Aren’t you going to tell him to stop?” Minseok asked the girl as Jongin threw a pudding cup across the room to her.

“Nah.” Kyungsoo replied, opening what appeared to be Jongdae’s pudding cup. “Just … let him be.” Kyungsoo said as she took a bite and watched Jongin now look through Sehun’s lunch.

0220.png

When Zitao finally had her lunch break at 5:30, she was not a happy camper… literally the day camps that came were awful and she didn’t get to eat all day till now. When she went through the staff room and went to the fridge, she was in for a terrible surprise.

“AHHHHH!” Zitao screamed as she looked into her lunch bag. The entire staff room looked to the owner’s daughter in concern. “Who… Who did this!?”

Everyone stopped looking at the girl, and looked to each other in confusion. “Chillll Zitao… we have good vibes raging. Is something really wrong with your lunch? Or is there something wrong with the system? Who says capitalism is the only economic system? society, we are children of the Earth. Not of the man, don’t be mad at this, be mad at the government.”

Zitao glared at the Chinese maintenance boy. “Yixing… someone ate my butterscotch pudding. I think I am allowed to get mad over this.”

“This is what the man wants! He wants us to fight each other instead of fighting him… man S-M-H. Jongin is your best friend, don’t get angry with him and-“

“Jongin took it?! Ohhhh when I see that kid.” Zitao didn’t even finish her statement as she took her bag and walked to the Supervisor Office.

0220.png 

Jongin was so glad to be called to the supervisor’s office. He had no idea why, but it had to be better than walking on patrol. It’s not like anyone walking around the pools and slides were ever in real danger, but safety precautions right?

As he walked into the door he noticed that no one was actually in the room, and that the chair was facing the opposite way.

“Um is anyone here?” Jongin asked slowly. All of a sudden the chair slowly turned around to reveal a very pissed looking Zitao.

“AHH! What the was that for…? I really thought that I was the only one in here.” Jongin said relieved to see the person was only Zitao and not a psychopathic killer.

Zitao continued to glare at Jongin for another few moments as the boy awkwardly smiled at the elder. Maybe a crazy maniac would have been better than an angry Zitao. “Did I … do something wrong?”

“Did you, Jongin? Because I’m pretty sure you did.” Zitao said annoyed. Jongin literally hasn’t done anything all day besides walk around and look at Kyungsoo when he got the chance too. Kyungsoo was so happy when he got her all of that pudding and oh-

“BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING. THAT’S THE ONE THING I WANTED TODAY, KIM.” Zitao stood up and started pacing. “You better believe you owe me. You came into my life five years ago. Came to my parent’s water park, worked for ME, for the last THREE YEARS, and now you’ve disrespected me.”

Jongin rolled his eyes as he sat down in the chair across from Zitao’s previous seat. He was going to be here for a while anyway.

“Disrespect me? ME?! HUANG ZITAO??! My parents did not immigrate here for their only daughter to go to school, and eventually take over their business for A STUPID BOY. TO ONE DAY TAKE HER PUDDING CUP!!!” Jongin winced at the loud volume in her voice, and the aggressive tone.

“What do you want me to do?” Jongin said straight forwardly, knowing anything else would get him super killed. Zitao started laughing quite manically.

“Do you know what I’m gonna make you do, Jongin? You’re going to come watch me be a guest lecturer at the university.” She said as she sat down, looking at Jongin. Jongin nodded his head, he didn’t see a problem in that.

“Its three hours long… two hours will be the normal lecture, and I will be speaking during the last hour.” Jongin continued to nod, agreeing to the terms. “The class is a women’s studies course.”

“NOOO ZITAO!” Jongin wailed as Zitao slammed her fist on her desk. “Do you think you get a say in this?! Because you don’t, you’re coming with me and you’re going to finally learn a thing or two about respect for the opposite ! AND YOU’RE NEVER GOING TO DEPRIVE ME OF MY FAVOURITE SNACK AFTER I’VE BEEN UP FOR 30 HOURS PREPPING FOR MY SPEECH OKAY??”

Jongin nodded his head vigorously now agreeing to scary Zitao’s terms. “How much longer of your shift do you have?” Jongin spoke looking at the now sleepy Zitao.

“About two and a half more hours.” The girl groaned, putting her head down on the desk. All she wanted to do was rest before the big day.

“Alright, you go to bed and I’ll cover the rest of your shift for you. And yes, you will get the money for it. Sorry about the pudding.” Jongin said guiltily. He walked over to the supply closet and got out a pillow and blanket. He picked up the girls head and laid the pillow below it, and draped the blanket over her body.

“Thanks Nini… sorry about the yelling, I just really wanted my pudding.” Zitao sniffled… oh yeah Jongin knew she was on her period, but he was NOT going to tell her he knew that.

“It’s okay, I’m the one who should be sorry. Now rest. Text me the details about the class and I’ll come watch you be a rad-fem. Get it? Rad-Fem?”

“Get out.” Zitao mumbled into the pillow. Jongin smiled as he quietly closed the door.

Kyungsoo was getting ready to leave when she noticed that Jongin wasn’t around. She was not waiting for him to walk home, nope. They rarely ever do, but they both finished work at the same time today, so why not? Kyungsoo decided to just walk out of the front gate and leave when she saw Jongin leaving the office.

“Hey Jongin, are you ready to leave? I thought that we could walk home together if you’re ready to go now or whatever.” Kyungsoo tried to sound as casual as she could, but for some reason she felt nervous.

“UghhhHH!” Jongin yelled as he punched the wall. “I’m guessing that’s a no?” Kyungsoo joked lightly, not scared at all that the male just punched the wall. Why do boys do that anyway?

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo. Zitao’s really tired from working on her presentation for this women’s studies course, so I offered to take the rest of her shift.” Jongin said sadly. Though he was secretly giggling like the young boy he is from the fact Kyungsoo actually wanted to walk home with him.

“Oh it’s alright, Jongin! No worries, but totally tell Zitao to tell me about it because I’d love to come.” Kyungsoo said a bit disappointed. Hopefully Jongin didn’t catch it. She has no idea why she would be disappointed. Most likely due to the fact she has to walk alone now. Yeah, that’s it.

‘For sure! I’m going to it too, so I’ll let you know.” Kyungsoo nodded and waved a small goodbye to the boy before she left. The last thing she saw was a big smile on Jongin’s face.She took a quick detour back into the park and found Jongdae.

“I have a problem. My hearts beating all funny!” Kyungsoo yelled to her friend.

“You should probably go to First Aid for that.”

0220.png 

Kyungsoo found out that Jongdae was just finishing work as well and walked to the parking lot.

“Wait. You’ve been driving to work and making Jongin walk every day?” Kyungsoo asked as she got into the passenger’s seat.

“Well I didn’t drive him for the first few days, and sometimes I had days off that he didn’t. Still I’ve offered him rides yeah.” Kyungsoo didn’t reply as she thought about Jongdae’s younger brother. He clearly stated before that Jongdae was still mad at him and that’s why he was walking with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo laughed quietly, she should’ve figured he was just doing that to spend time with her. Usually she’d be annoyed by that, but it’s oddly… sweet?

“Something tells me that you ain’t even mad thoughhh?” Jongdae laughed as she wiggled her eyebrows. Kyungsoo scoffed and pushed Jongdae’s face against the window.

“Listen to me you little troll… I am mad. I think you can see right now I am, yes?” Jongdae tried to nod as well as breathe against the glass. “I’m mad that you’d accuse me of thinking that Jongin walking me to work, was oddly endearing. I’m frustrated that the more I talk to your brother, the more I realize that he’s not as awful as you are, and I’m super angry that poor Jongin walks to work every ing day for forty minutes BECAUSE. OF. YOU.”

The younger girl let go of Jongdae against the mirror and readjusted her position and seatbelt. Jongdae quietly put on her seatbelt. and began to drive out of the parking lot fearing, as most do, an angry Kyungsoo. Halfway through the ride home, Jongdae found the courage to speak.

“So, does this mean you admit to liking Jongin now-OW!” and that was the day Jongdae got her first ticket. For ‘reckless driving’

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

“This is so stupid. You’re stupid. Women are stupid.” Jongin muttered to the girl going through cue cards. Some of the women behind him were openly glaring at his not so quiet remark.

“You’re stupid, Jongin. Say one more thing and I’m going to kick you out of here. Don’t listen to him, Zitao, this is gonna rock!” Sehun pepped the older girl up, and hit Jongin’s head. Zitao nodded as she was still reading her speech.

“I’m just a bit nervous, I’ve never spoken in front of these many people before and –“

“Alright class settle down. Now today’s class will be continuing off of our lesson on ual harassment in the work force, but, I have a surprise for all of you. After our lesson we will be having an upper year student, Zitao, speaking for the rest of the lecture. Professor Kwon said and nodded to Zitao and her friends. The Chinese girl smiled back and went back to her notes.

“Jongin.” Zitao said, not looking up. “Just listen to what the prof has to say, you may learn a thing or two about respect alright?” Jongin muttered another ‘whatever’ or something, Zitao wasn’t really paying attention.

However, two hours later, Jongin had been paying attention. Zitao and Sehun tried asking Jongin what he thought of the lecture, but he did not reply. Zitao rolled her eyes at what she thought was the un-phased boy, and got up to speak.

“Hi guys, I’m Zitao. I’m going into my third year in Accounting and Financial Management but, my real passion is women’s studies. As a Chinese female immigrant, I have learned the hard way why we can’t just need ‘equal human rights’ but ‘women’s rights’ and this goes for ALL women.” Zitao spoke with confidence, all her nerves flying out the window. Sehun was so impressed and looked over to see Jongin’s reaction, but he was still silent. Ugh the nerve of that boy, Sehun thought as she watched her friend speak.

An hour later, the lecture hall clapped for Zitao, with two big fans in particular making a large, and obscene amount of noise. Jongin and Sehun were both out of their seats and clapping and hollering loudly. Zitao thanked everyone as she took off the mic and walked to her friends.

“So what did you guys think-“ Zitao said until Jongin fell to the ground and held on to Zitao’s leg.

“I am so… so sorry for being so misogynistic towards you Zitao!! You are a goddess, never let any man put you down.” Jongin wailed as he begged the girl of forgiveness. Zitao looked up to Sehun as she watched the other girl shake her head in confusion.

“You’re the only one who puts me down-“

“I KNOW AND I AM SORRY, I AM DISGUSTING! SWINE, ACTUAL SWINE, JONGIN. ” Jongin cried into the girl’s leg as she tried to shake off the younger boy.

“Seriously, we can talk about it in the car, just… get up. You’re causing a scene.” Zitao whispered harshly to the boy. Much of the class stopped walking and started watching the situation with their guest speaker and some boy. Jongin weakly nodded and got up to look at Zitao in the face.

“Oh god” Jongin’s face contorted and he tried to contain his sobs. Sehun face palmed herself and grabbed Jongin’s arm to walk them out of the university lecture hall. All that could be heard in the lecture halls was faint screams of "systemic oppression" and "patriarchy" from Jongin.

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

Kyungsoo woke up and immediately groaned. She was not ready for another day at work, yesterday was so dreadfully long. Before she even got out of her bed, she picked up her phone and went to check who she would be working with today. Zitao was efficient with the schedule this year and gave everyone their summer schedule in one .pdf document. She smiled as she saw she would be working with Wendy today.

Wendy Son was a nice enough girl. She was going to go be going to Guelph for Environmental Science and could definitely keep a conversation going. Kyungsoo slowly scrolled down to the lifeguard section of the schedule and coincidentally, saw that Jongin would be working today. She felt herself smiling a bit, and quickly wiped it off her face.

“Get a hold of yourself, Kyungsoo! You’re acting crazy.” She was not excited to be working with Jongin. Nope, preposterous, she wasn’t even intentionally going to check if he was in today, she was just bored and she. “URGHHH!”

“Kyungsoo! A um-friend...is here to see you.” Kyungsoo’s mother walked into her daughter’s room to see her screaming in her blankets.

“If it’s not a good time, I can go.” Kyungsoo poked her head out of her blanket and saw Jongin in her bedroom.

“Uhhh…. Sure?” Kyungsoo said confused. Her mother smiled politely to the pair, and walked out of the room giving Kyungsoo a look.

“What on Earth are you doing at my house at… 7 AM?!” Kyungsoo yelled looking between the boy, the alarm clock, and her surroundings. This had to be some weird dream right? Or a nightmare? She wasn’t wearing pants, and was really hoping this was a bad nightmare and not another ual dream, because she’s had enough of those already.

“I… I couldn’t sleep last night, and I had to come here to apologize immediately.” Jongin said looking down at the floor. Kyungsoo’s face changed from a face of disgust to confusion.

“Apologize? You haven’t done anything since the first day.” Kyungsoo replied, trying to read Jongin’s face, but the boy was still looking down in shame.

“Yeah, I didn’t treat you with the respect you deserve. I knew I was being misogynistic, but I never realized how much I set women back when I talk to you and the other females in my life that way. So I just wanted to say I’m sorry for objectifying you. If I ever make you feel uncomfortable just tell me. I’ll even stop walking with you to work and-“

“No!” Kyungsoo yelped. This caused Jongin to look up, and oh my god was he crying? His eyes were teary and his face was flushed... and oh god he looked like a puppy that got kicked. “I mean uh- I don’t mind you walking me in the morning, I’m glad you are aware of your male privilege and your ist ways.”

Jongin smiled widely to the girl and bowed down thanking her. “I AM A DISGUSTING CIS MALE! I AM LITERAL TRASH, THANK YOU FOR STILL TALKING TO ME!!” Jongin cried as he grabbed Kyungsoo’s blanket hanging off her bed, and used it as a tissue. Kyungsoo rolled her eyes and ‘forgave’ him.

“You’re the best, Kyungsoo!” Jongin sat on the bed, hugging her. As Jongin did that, he let the snot ridden blanket fall on the floor and was too busy to see that the girl was not wearing pants.

“Jongin, would you like to stay for- breakfast.” Kyungsoo’s mother asked as she opened the door to see her daughter hugging a boy, a boy she only met five minutes. And now said boy was hugging her only daughter in her underwear. Mortified, Kyungsoo pushed Jongin off the bed and pulled her blanket close to her.

“Yeah mom, Jongin, could you please wait downstairs? I need to get ready for work.” Jongin nodded confused, and followed Kyungsoo’s mom to the kitchen. What was even going on in her life?

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

“Ahoy! S.M, Waters, Kyungsoo speaking.” Kyungsoo answered the phone. It was an extremely slow day so they let Sunny go home earlier. Kyungsoo was now the only person at the customer service booth. It was extremely slow because it was raining for half an hour, but it there wasn't enough to close the park, and now that the weather is nice no one else was going to come in now. So the phone call was the first voice she’s heard since Sunny left.

“Hi, I have an important question to ask about your water?” A strained male voice on the other side of the line asked. Kyungsoo assured them the water is filtered hourly but was then cut off.

“What did the beach say to the wave?” The male asked. Kyungsoo didn’t reply, but she swore she heard Jongdae’s insane cackling somewhere in the background. “Long tide, no sea!”

Kyungsoo was about to give them a piece of her mind, until they hung up. Annoyed, she slammed the phone down in retaliation.

“Excuse me ma’am are you okay?” a little boy, who couldn’t be older than six asked. Kyungsoo mentally cooed at the adorable child.

“I’m alright buddy, is there anything I can help you with?” The boy nodded enthusiastically, as he told Kyungsoo what she missed on her day off yesterday. He was here with his family and he accidentally got stuck in the deep end, and started drowning. Aww poor baby. But a nice big lifeguard saved him and he wanted to see if Kyungsoo could get him so he could thank him again, and give him the cookies he made for him. “Do you know the hero who saved you yesterday?”

“His name is Jongin!” Oh no, Kyungsoo thought, Jongin was working today but after the awkward talk and breakfast this morning. Majority of the conversation was male bashing, but most of it was coming from Jongin himself, she really didn’t feel like seeing him. But seeing little Max’s face again immediately made her pick up her phone and dial Jongin to come over immediately.

“Hey , I came here as fast as I could.” Shirtless Jongin ran over to the booth. “Yo, Max! What are you doing here?”

Jongin crouched down to Max’s eye level, as he listened to Max tell him how thankful he was again, and how he would listen to his advice. Jongin smiled and seemed very intrigued. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but find the situation adorable. Jongin was so sweet and caring, thanking the cute child for the compliments and the cookies. He even ruffled his hair and told him to always listen to authority figures like teachers and his parents. Kyungsoo quietly laughed to herself as Jongin turned his head to her.

“Also remember to always say thank you to everyone. I saved you yesterday, but you should thank Kyungsoo for getting me, I wouldn’t have been able to leave my job at the pool if not for her.” Kyungsoo blushed and Max nodded agreeing with his new role model.

“Thank you, Kyungsoo! You’re such a pretty lady.” The little boy giggled as Jongin laughed loudly.

“That she is. Do you want me to walk you to your mom now?” Jongin asked the little boy, he didn’t even get to hear an answer as the younger boy climbed over the customer service booth and kissed Kyungsoo on the cheek.

“Thank you again, Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo giggled and gave the little boy a hug before picking him up and handing him to Jongin.

“You’re welcome, now get going. Your mom’s waiting for you.” Kyungsoo pointed to the woman taking care of two other children. Jongin grumbled, walking Max over to his mom about how the little man has gotten farther with Kyungsoo in the last 15 minutes than he has in a year. While also reminding him that girls can be trouble and to always be nice to them.

As Kyungsoo watched the two boys walk away she realized the beating of her heart was getting faster again. .

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

It was as if the day that all of Kyungsoo’s friends had off, had been perfectly aligned with when she needed them the most. She was super grateful that her friends were all down to hangout, because they had some much overdue girl talk to catch up on. Like Kyungsoo's new and recent heart problem.

“Out of all the Supervisors, who would you bang first?” Baekhyun asked smashing the buttons on her Xbox controller. She was currently playing against Jongdae in a game of the new Mortal Kombat. “I’d probably do Kris.”

“No , Baekhyun. I think it’s obvious that you like the weird and tall type.” Jongdae said getting a nice hit at Baekhyun’s Kitana character. “Joonmyeon, obviously.”

“I think we all know Kyungsoo’s, so mine would probably be Sehun or Kris. Both are super hot and super blonde.” Luhan said watching the game. “Baekhyun, duck.”

“What do you mean, ‘we all know Kyungsoo’s’? Mine would probably be Zitao just because I think we get along the best, and well she’s hot. Or Kris or Joonmyeon, both are very cute. Sehun isn’t really my type but still she’s adorable, just not Jong-“

“Fatality.” The TV said as Jongdae’s Sub-Zero finished Baekhyun’s Kitana by ripping her spine out of the character’s body and then ripping the girl in half.

“Well that was just mean.” Baekhyun said glaring at Jongdae. “Also we know you’d bone, Jongin.”

“Whaaaat.” Kyungsoo sputtered and continued to say nonsense and odd sounding words.

“Literally shut up, Kyungsoo.” Luhan said as she tackled the girl on the bed and stuffed a pillow on her face. “You obviously like Jongin, or at least ...don’t hate him anymore. That right there is a lot of improvement. Don’t mess it up by pretending like you’re not interested.”

“She’s right you know.” Jongdae commented, taking the pillow out of Luhan’s hand and Kyungsoo’s face, knowing the younger girl would kill the eldest female. “Jongin’s became a whole lot nicer to you, even after that women’s studies class. I’m not going to be biased but I think you should go out on a date or something.”
 

“You’re all wrong. I do not like Jongin. I do not care for him at all.” Kyungsoo huffed and crossed her arms. Refusing to look at her friends who were rolling their eyes at her. Kyungsoo was lucky to have such a great group of friends that were so like her, and that she could tolerate. Too bad they were all as stubborn as she was and intolerable at the same time.

“Not care for at all hmm?” Baekhyun smirked. Oh no, Kyungsoo did not appreciate the look on the older girl’s face. It looks like she borrowed it from Jongdae. “Guyssss I can’t believe I didn’t tell you about what I overheard yesterday to our group chat.”

0220.png 

The storage room connected to Anchors, one of the two food concessions at S.M. Waters, and it just happens to also be connected to the Customer Service booth.

It was a terribly slow day for the Kitchen crew, and they decided to restock and clean the restaurant. As Baekhyun went to get more pop lids, she decided she would go say hi to her favourite customer service employee. Baekhyun opened the door slightly, seeing that Kyungsoo was alone. She was ready to scare the girl until a gaggle of teenage girls came over to the booth.

“Excuse me, could you help us get into contact with one of the lifeguards.” One of the girls asked. She was quite pretty and had a really cute top too. Baekhyun was actually jealous, 1) cute bathing suit, and 2) nice sized s.

“Sure thing, do you know their name?” Kyungsoo asked opening the staff directory on the computer. “I think his name is Jongin? The really hot, tan guy.” The main girl spoke as her friends all giggled.

“Oh… it’s not really professional, or appropriate of me to give out my coworker’s number for personal reasons.” Kyungsoo said with an annoyed voice. It was only reserved for her friends, her brother and high school girls. Baekhyun slowly crawled in from the door, and tried to look at the screen without Kyungsoo or the girls’ noticing.

“He wouldn’t give us his number, really I just want to thank him though.” The girl said, not sounding sincere at all. Kyungsoo nodded and typed in Kim, Jongin into the computer. She opened up Jongin’s profile and stared at it for a while, then quickly switched it, clicking the previous button and landed on Jongdae’s profile. Baekhyun watched as Kyungsoo recited their best friend Jongdae’s number instead of her little brother’s. The girls thanked Kyungsoo and left. The girl breathed a sigh of relief and spun around in her chair, hitting Baekhyun.

“What are you doing here!?” Kyungsoo asked startled. She put her hand over her chest as she stared at Baekhyun, who had an evil look on her face. Kyungsoo looked at her dead in the eyes and asked lowly. “How much is this going to cost me?”

0220.png 

“You’re a piece of !” Kyungsoo screamed as she lunged for a laughing Baekhyun. “Why are you even surprised? She does have a big mouth… actually we all do.” Luhan said as she held Kyungsoo back. The girls calmed her down and told her rationally, that if she obviously didn’t like Jongin, she wouldn’t have a problem telling the girls’ Jongin’s phone number.

“That totally ing explains that weird text message I told you guys about yesterday in group chat!” Jongdae said, shaking her head. She even screenshotted it and told her friends in their group chat and she only got a sad ‘lol’ from Luhan.

“He really hasn’t done anything since training, so what are you scared of?” Luhan asked Kyungsoo seriously.

“What if he doesn’t like me anymore?” Kyungsoo murmured quietly. “He hasn’t bothered asking me out since training, and maybe it’s because he’s gotten to know me better.”

“Oh my God, you’re so dumb.” Baekhyun said hitting her head against her bed. 

“Coming from the girl who’s dating Chanyeol now, you’re all dweebs. Luhan and I are the only sane ones left!” Jongdae said over dramatically and waltzed around the room with Luhan, scared of becoming as gross as BaekSoo. “For real though, Jongin isn’t going to just stop liking you, maybe ask him out first if you like him so much.”

“I agree with Jongdae, don’t be a stupid young adult heroine and keep pretending you don’t like him and eventually, in a clichéd way by the way. accidentally express your love to him. It’s really lame.” Baekhyun leaned her head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder and snuggled to the girl. Kyungsoo sighed agreeing and the two other girls dancing around, sat on the bed and gave Kyungsoo a big hug.

“If I didn’t know any better, I swear I’d think all four of you were together.” Chanyeol said as he walked into the open door. “Not like that’d be a bad sight to see though.” Chanyeol was then kicked out of the room by an array of pillows, plushies and, was that a pad?

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

Kyungsoo woke up from the sound of rain at 7AM. She frowned as she wondered if work would be cancelled today, not like she was excited to see Jongin or anything. She just happens to like her job and money. She opened her phone to see that Zitao emailed the staff this morning.

Ahoy! Today’s the first real rain day of the season. We’ve had it rain during the day, but never at open. So here’s the plan. You still all have to come into work today (sorry). If there’s any sign of lighting or thunder, then you can go home. For now, it’s a very light rain and we may still have customers in, so I expect to see everyone scheduled today to come in.

Kyungsoo frowned at the email. She and Jongin both work today, and have been walking basically every day since. But with the rain outside, did Jongin still want to walk? Or would they both actually get a ride this time. Kyungsoo could always offer to drive him … but wait, why is she worrying? It’s not like she’s Jongin’s mom. She also didn’t have the boy’s number since she refused to ever take it. Should she ask Jongdae for his number?

To: Jongdae [7:15 am]
It’s raining today.

To: Kyungsoo [7:20 am]
Thanks weather-woman!! *sassy reception girl emoji*

To: Jongdae [7:22 am]
*knife emoji* *gun emoji* *girl crossing her arms x emoji*

To Kyungsoo [7:25 am]
If you’re trying to tell me it’s raining and you’re wondering what Jongin is doing… he had a crisis and already left the house to walk with you. Now stop texting me, I don’t work today. *poop emoji*

Kyungsoo then proceeded to flail around, and curse her annoying best friend. While also slightly fangirling over the fact Jongin still wanted to walk with her today. She got up from her bed and got ready for work.

0220.png 

“ARE YOU AN IDIOT?!” Kyungsoo screamed as she Jongin at the door. He was smiling, however she was not. She pouted as she looked at the boy. He was wet from the rain and walked all the way to her house, without an umbrella. “Tell me. Why on Earth do you not have an umbrella?”

“I don’t know… I was deciding whether or not to walk or drive with you. But then I realized that... I don’t actually have your number and if you were waiting up for me to walk with you, I had to leave ASAP. So I guess that’s why?” Jongin said, smiling shyly. Kyungsoo groaned as she saw the boy. She told him to come inside for a moment. Kyungsoo’s mom was happy to see Jongin again and offered him some tea, while Kyungsoo went to look for umbrellas and an extra coat for Jongin.

“Mom, where’s my other umbrella?!” Kyungsoo asked from the closet, rummaging for the item.

“I think Seungsoo took it when he moved out, honey.” Kyungsoo’s mom spoke as she showed Jongin some old family photos. Hey where did that even appear from?

“I’m going to kill him. I mean it, mom. He better watch out. It’s like he WANTS TO FIGHT ME, UGH.” No one was listening to Kyungsoo’s threats as Jongin and Kyungsoo’s mother simultaneously cooed at an adorable photo of Kyungsoo on her 5th birthday. Jongin quickly pulled out his phone and snapped a photo of the little fairy princess of his heart.

“WhAT ARE YOU DOING??” Kyungsoo asked going off on another one of her tangents. Jongin quickly threw his phone behind the pillow on the couch. Kyungsoo marched over to the pair and saw the picture they thought was ‘so cute’. She made a face of disgust and picked it up to inspect it closer.

She had a bowl haircut, but it was mostly hidden under a large tiara. She was surrounded by balloons and was wearing a horrendous tutu. “Delete this.”

“I can’t delete a photo, Kyungie.” Her mother said laughing and took the photo out of her hands.”My, you were adorable.”

Kyungsoo frowned at her mom. “Hey, I’m still cute!” Jongin laughed and said that he full heartedly agreed. Kyungsoo blushed and looked down to see the time on her phone.

“Damn, we should leave soon. My dad’s already at work, so I guess we’re just going to be walking to work. Bye mom!” Kyungsoo said, hugging her mother. Jongin thanked the woman for the tea, and put on the sweater as they walked out the door.

“Are you um- okay with sharing the umbrella?” Kyungsoo asked Jongin. Jongin smiled, and nodded his head. He offered to hold the umbrella for the two of them, but Kyungsoo refused. Why just because you’re a man?? The rain was pouring a lot harder than it was earlier. Jongin was slightly cursing at Zitao for not closing the park today. They continued to walk in a comfortable silence until a big clash of thunder struck.

“AHHH!” Jongin screamed and fell down to the sidewalk, gripping Kyungsoo’s leg. Shocked, Kyungsoo tried to move her leg but Jongin was currently in a fetal like position.

“What’s wrong with you?” Kyungsoo asked the scared looking Jongin. Once there was no more thunder, Jongin stood up and continued walking without Kyungsoo. “Hey, get back under the umbrella!” Up close she could see how scared Jongin actually was. She felt bad after seeing Jongin actually scared.

She felt bad that he was shooken up, or that's what she kept telling herself when some sort of demon took over her body, This unknown source,  for some unknown reason, made her offer her hand to Jongin.

“I used to be scared during thunderstorms too. The only way I could get through them was if someone held my hand.” Jongin blushed and took Kyungsoo’s hand as they walked to work. Jongin wouldn’t really do anything with the hand, unless lightning or thunder struck again. Only then would he squeeze Kyungsoo’s hand particularly hard, but she didn’t mind. She didn’t even mind when the rain stopped and they continued holding hands into the front doors of the waterpark.

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

As expected when Zitao made the schedule, she made sure that during half of her days off, the rest of her friends did too. Chanyeol was the last person to come into Sehun’s bedroom as they all huffed a ‘finally’ and played Fight Club for the millionth time.

“Do you think we’ll ever get sick of this movie?” Jongin asked, but then coughed violently into Sehun’s pillow. The girl gasped and grabbed the pillow and smacked Jongin with it.

“Don’t cough on my pillow. Especially my Infinite pillow! You little-“ Zitao cut the younger girl off by shoving popcorn in . Whle wiping away of any of Jongin's grossness of of Woohyun's face.

“Speaking of sick. are you alright, Jongin? You seem hot.” Chanyeol asked putting his hand on the other male’s forehead. It was definitely warm. Jongin’s usual tanned face was a bit pale and had a light sweat over it.

“Well, Chanyeol. I didn’t know you.” Cough. “Swung that.” Cough. “Way.” Jongin continued to cough violently into his sweater. Everyone looked at Jongin disgustedly as he tried to give them a reassuring smile. “I’m always this hot, how did you not know that before?”

“Shut up, Jongin. When did you get a cold? It’s the middle of summer.” Zitao said as she watched Jongin blush. Either from the coughing again or from her question, she didn’t really know or cared. “And if you try to tell me it’s from ‘being awesome’ you’re leaving.”

“Hey this is Sehun’s house! Not yours.” Jongin pointed out. He looked over to his best friend, for some reassurance.

“No, you’re leaving.” Sehun agreed.

“Alright, fine.” Jongin said, wheezing slighty. “If Zitao wasn’t a monster. She would’ve closed the park three days ago, but no. So I walked to work in the rain and now I am this.” Jongin gestured to his sloppy posture and gross face. Man he was not doing great

“Why on Earth did you walk 40 minutes in the rain for?!” Zitao yelled at Jongin. “Who in the right mind would even let you leave the house that day to walk? Your parents certainly wouldn’t have let you, and of course not Jongdae! When Kyungsoo walked with you didn’t she…. Ohhhhh.”

“Ohhhh.” Chanyeol mimicked ZItao, understanding what had happened as well. Jongin was confused as he was the only one who seemingly did not have the same eureka moment everyone else did.

“You’re a big , aren’t you?” Sehun asked Jongin, giving him a condescending glare. It wasn’t really working as her bangs were covering her face and she had to continuously try to blow her bangs out of her face. Zitao put a bobby pin in the younger girl’s hair to fix the problem, and they both shyly smiled at each other.

“That was gaaaaay.” Chanyeol laughed loudly at his own ‘joke.’

“Hey! That’s homophobic, you dickwad. I think we should take Chanyeol to a conference or lecture. You could learn so much man.” Jongin said, nodding enthusiastically, trying to wipe away mucus that was trying to leave his nose.

“You’re both pitiful. Maybe you even more, Jongin. For getting yourself sick for walking a girl you don’t have a single shot with to work, IN THE RAIN!” Sehun barked at the two boys, adjusting the cute bobby pin in her hair.

“I think Jongin could actually have a shot now.” Chanyeol said not looking at Sehun in the eyes. Zitao surprisingly nodded her head, and agreed with what Chanyeol said.

“You guys are practically dating. If you weren't you wouldn't spend so much time together, like some other couples I know.” Sehun coughed loudly at Zitao’s comment.

“@ him” Cough. “next time.” Cough. “Twitter user: P_Chanyeol.” Sehun coughed exaggeratedly into Chanyeol’s face. Chanyeol gave his friend a fake smile.“Always so subtle, Sehun.” Chanyeol grunted.

“ The reason why Chanyeol ditches us all the time-“ Zitao started causing Chanyeol to give everyone an offended glare. “HEY!”

“Is because he and Baek are dating now.” Zitao said, cutting off Chanyeol, she wasn’t going to let herself get cut off again. “It’s obvious that Kyungsoo may actually like Jongin now.”

“She might, but I’m not going to ask her out anytime soon.” The group gave Jongin more judging looks as Sehun put her hand on Jongin’s forehead muttering, sick definitely sick.

“I am sick. Love sick!” Jongin proclaimed, but continued to cough shortly after.

“Gag me.” Chanyeol said, dry heaving.

“But the thing is, she wanted me to stop annoying her, and asking her out. I respect her wishes now. So if she really did like me now.” Jongin smiled goofily at the thought of Kyungsoo liking him back. “Then she can tell me, I’m not going to make her feel uncomfortable anymore.

“So Sick... Jongin, is so sick.” Sehun faked sobbed.

“Yo , how cool was Ne-Yo though.” Zitao making a reference to the classic hit snog from 2005.

“I know right?! So cool.” Sehun stopped her melodramatic crying to agree with Zitao.Jongin sighed at his friends, and tried getting back into the movie. Everyone could see that Jongin didn’t want to talk about the subject anymore, but as good friends they were here to completely disregard that.

“I think it’s really cool that you’re respecting Kyungsoo now, but I can still tell you’re sad.” Sehun looked at Jongin with genuine care. The boy sighed and laid his head down in the girl’s lap.

“Do you know how hard it is trying to not constantly compliment her? She looks so great all the time at work. I always had this theory her lips looked like a heart when she smiles and they totally do up close. And do you know how hard it is watching her talk to other guys?!”

“Just because they talk to her doesn’t mean they have an ulterior motive.” Sehun said patting Jongin’s head.

“Of course they do! Who wouldn’t want to be with her? You would, wouldn’t you, Sehun!”

“She’s short, has a nice booty and plump lips and . Not ready to marry her like you, but I’d probably hit that.” Jongin flailed off the girl, angry.

“See! Now I don’t have to just worry about the opposite talking to her. I have to be worried about the same too, and any gender non-conforming folks! She’s so perfect. And nice. She’s so great at her job, and her face is just so cute you know? How is it even legal? Y’know she’d drop anything to help someone else? The guy who gets to be her significant other is a lucky, lucky man.”

Sehun, Chanyeol and Zitao quietly watched Jongin spill all of his thoughts he’d been keeping in for majority of the summer. This was truly the first time they’ve heard the boy’s genuine feelings for Kyungsoo... that weren't ual.

“Jongin… you’re a good guy. If you can see all of these new sides to Kyungsoo in this time, I’m sure she’s noticed you too. Just wait man, it won’t take long. I mean, Baekhyun and I took like… two years. She will come around eventually, don’t give up.” Chanyeol said, jumping onto the bed and hugging Jongin tightly. The younger boy choked out a few curses, but was thankful for the hug.

“I’ve got an idea on how to see if Kyungsoo likes you too.” Zitao said enthusiastically, looking at Jongin then to Sehun. Sehun gave Zitao a nod and they began brainstorming.

“Aren’t you going to let us in on it?” Chanyeol asked, motioning to himself and Jongin.

“No.”

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

Jongin was on the lifeguard chair, watching people swim on a particularly slow day. He was currently waiting for someone to come and give him a break, when Zitao and a boy he didn’t recognize called him to come down.

“Hey Jongin, meet our newest passenger to the S.M. Waters Crew.” Zitao said. “He will be … um, replacing Yixing.”

Yixing was a chill dude… too chill. He got caught day dreaming a lot on the job, and was only given a half-assed warning by Kris the first time. However, when they found out that he was trying to smoke the weeds he was supposed to be cutting… He had to be let go.

“So this is Hyunsik! Hyunsik, meet Jongin. He’s one of the lifeguard supervisor’s and is gonna give you a tour of the park.” Jongin stood up and gave Hyunsik a firm bro handshake.

“Alright Hyunsik, let’s go. I know just the place to show you first.”

 “Hi! What can I help you with today here at S.M.- oh it’s you.” Kyungsoo spoke as she looked backed down at the work in front of her. “What do you want, Jongin?”

“There’s something wrong with me, Kyungsoo.” Jongin started off overdramatically. “I think… I think I caught… the feels.”

“Then shouldn’t you go to First Aid?” the girl smirked. Jongin was a lot less irritating over the summer, but he still occasionally joked with Kyungsoo and she didn’t hate it anymore. Sometimes he was actually kinda funny. Kyungsoo heard a small, but familiar laugh and looked up.

“Wow, my Kyungsoo has gotten a lot sassier, hasn’t she?” Hyunsik smiled as he stepped away from behind Jongin. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as she stared at Hyunsik.

“M-my?” Kyungsoo started but was interrupted quickly.

“YOUR KYUNGSOO? First off buddy, Kyungsoo is not an object to be claimed.  You do not own her body. I DO NOT own her body. No one besides HER-SELF owns that body. Okay? Secondly …bro get in the line, and no this line is not as big as the sunset hours line here at S.M, because currently I am the only one in the line, that I am aware of and I was here first.” Jongin huffed as he got a little too close to Hyunsik’s personal space.

“Technically I was kinda in that line first… like three years ago.” Hyunsik spoke confidently and took a step away from the fuming Jongin. “Kyungsoo and I dated back in high school.”

Oh… so Kyungsoo has dated before. Jongin thought to himself as he watched Kyungsoo and Hyunsik stare at each other for what seemed like millenniums. She wasn’t scared of dating, she just didn’t want to date Jongin. He knew he was always a bit of a nuisance to the girl, but for some reason he always hoped it was nothing personal. That she just didn’t like dating, but. Alright, Jongin was not going to get emotional now.

He had only cried a few times in his life. When he sprained his ankle, and wasn’t allowed to perform in the fall showcase. Thunderstorms in his childhood. The first time Kyungsoo rejected him. Then the times Zitao, Sehun and Jongdae have all punched him in the . Yeah… those were all painful memories.

He shouldn’t be hurt over the fact that Kyungsoo has dated before. Jongin has never had a girlfriend, and had always hoped he and Kyungsoo would maybe be each other’s firsts. He could feel tears prick his eyes as he looked at Kyungsoo. She was looking back at him and there was something in her eyes. Hurt? Jongin doubted it could possibly be from him and assumed it was probably from Hyunsik.

“I’m uh… actually not feeling well. I’m going to go to First Aid. Kyungsoo, could you find someone to finish the rest of Hyunsik’s tour?” Jongin asked quietly and walked away before he could see the concerned look on Kyungsoo’s face.

0220.png 

“I really think you should stop eating, Jongin.” Baekhyun told the younger boy cautiously, as he tried to order more food.

“I’m fine! Chanyeol! Baekhyun here is incompetent, can you please make me more fries.” Jongin shouted grumpily as he finished his second order of chicken strips.

“Don’t talk about her like that, she’s right. You look super pathetic eating away your day. Just because Kyungsoo’s ex works here now, doesn't mean anything, it's no big deal.” Chanyeol said as he walked over to the front counter. He had just called the other restaurant at the waterpark to not feed Jongin if things got messy and he tried to leave now.

“No big deal?” Jongin asked as he shoved more fries in his mouth. “Shindong, can you get me more fries, since Chanyeol is incompetent as well?”

“Aye, you got it man!” Shindong replied as he put a basket of fries down. Jongin gave him a thankful nod as he walked around Manny’s Main Land, the main food concession at S.M. Waters.

“Don’t you think instead of moping around here like a hermit you should talk to Kyungsoo? She and Hyunsik broke up so long ago. Maybe if you were a bit more suave and nice like him, she’d give you a chance.” Baekhyun said frustrated. She knew if Jongin simply asked Kyungsoo out again, she’d say yes. Even if he didn’t do his hair and had cheeto fingers because everything he does is somehow ‘endearing’ to Kyungsoo lately.

“She only started liking me as a person a month ago… and now that Hyunsik is here, do you think she’s really going to give me any sort of chance?”

“Doubt it!” Krystal yelled as she stopped washing dishes. “Hyunsik’s the new maintenance guy right? God he’s so cute… you literally have no chance.”

“Well you know what Krystal, you look really gross wearing a hairnet.” Jongin replied back lamely at his childhood family friend.

“Still better looking than you.” Krystal smirked as she mocked flipped her hair in her hairnet over her shoulder, and went back to doing dishes. “Why did they break up, I’d have that boy on a leash, man.”

Baekhyun laughed at Krystal’s comment. Krystal was one of the chillest girl at the water park. She looked like the type to be a hot lifeguard like her sister, Jessica. But she was actually a big dork and totally fit in with the kitchen crew. Krystal also happened to be biual, so if the boy was cute to her, there was no doubt he was.

“Hyunsik’s a year older than Kyungsoo and I. Both were worried about long distance since he was going to McGill, and ended it there apparently. Kyungsoo was really heartbroken, probably why she is still hesitant on dating.”

“McGill?” Jongin repeated the elite school's name. Baekhyun nodded to Jongin. “What’s he studying there?”

“Medicine! I remember asking him about his MCAT.” Chanyeol said cheerfully. Baekhyun hid her goofy smile seeing Chanyeol so happy about answering Jongin’s annoying questions.

“ING MEDICINE?! AND THEY DIDN’T EVEN FALL OUT OF LOVE EITHER?! NO, BAEKHYUN WHY DID YOU EVEN TELL ME!” Jongin wailed as he kicked over a chair. Chanyeol quickly picked up the chair and tried to calm his best friend down.

“CALM DOWN! ALL I DID WAS ING ANSWER A QUESTION!” The phone began to ring, and Baekhyun rolled her eyes. “Ahoy! Manny’s Main Landing, Baekhyun speaking.”

“I can see Jongin’s going to eat the entire restaurant, and that none of you are actually working. Well except for Krystal… just because there are no customers there, doesn’t mean you can slack off! Now tell Jongin to stop being a sad sack and Sehun and I still have our plan! Hyunsik is a small bump, but he will not ruin the plan!” Zitao said as she hung up the phone.

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

Jongin groaned after the long day he had. He avoided Kyungsoo at every opportunity he got, and was emotionally and physically exhausted. He hadn’t worked with Kyungsoo in the last three days, and today was the first time he had worked with her since, he, showed up. Jongin then realized that though he and Kyungsoo didn’t start work at the same time, they both finished work at the same time, and wondered if she was going to bother walking home with him. It usually took a while longer for Kyungsoo to clock out of work, so Jongin considered just walking home now. He was on his way until he heard a familiar voice call his name.

“Jongin! Hey, Jongin!” Kyungsoo waved to him with a big smile on her face. He tried returning the smile back, but couldn’t when he saw Hyunsik next to her. “Aren’t you going to wait for me to walk home together?”

Jongin couldn’t help but frown looking at the pair. They looked cute together. Hyunsik had a dumb (nice) eye smile that kind of matched Kyungsoo’s adorable one. They were more similar in height than Jongin and Kyungsoo were, and the boy cursed himself for thinking about all the other things they probably had in common.

“Why would I?” Jongin’s voice came out gruffer than intended, but that’s only because he was trying to mask the hurt in his voice. Kyungsoo’s smile immediately fell off her face as soon as she heard Jongin’s tone.

“We… we usually always walk home together?” Kyungsoo told Jongin, confused. She looked over to Hyunsik as he gave her an awkward smile back.

“I could always drive you home if you want, Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo looked back to Jongin and saw that he was already starting to walk away.

“Hey!” Kyungsoo yelled as she ran to the boy. “Hyunsik could give you a lift, come on. It’ll save you the forty minute walk.” Kyungsoo caught Jongin’s arm, trying to bring him back, but the boy roughly took his arm out of the girl’s grip. Kyungsoo shivered seeing Jongin cast a dark glare at her.

“I don’t want to walk with you. Let Hyunsik drive you home.” Jongin spat out. Damn, he could tell by Kyungsoo’s face that she didn’t appreciate his tone. He didn’t really either, but the had a car, and he... He just wanted to be alone. Kyungsoo looked at Jongin sadly and murmured an, alright. She tried to look into the boy’s eyes to see what was wrong, but he immediately his heel and walked away. She had a sick feeling in the bottom of her stomach watching the boy walk away sadly.

0220.png 

“Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” Chanyeol yelled from the passenger seat of Sehun’s car. Jongin was surprised to see all of his friends in the car and was a little cheesed that they did not tell him they were still at work and could have saved him the saf 20 minute walki.

“Don’t quote Mean Girls to me, !” Jongin yelled back, continuing to walk. He was also annoyed with how he acted earlier, and wanted to enjoy the last 20 minutes of his walk alone now. He thought about what Hyunsik would look like if he shaved his head and now he wasn't feeling so ty.

“Just get in the car!” Zitao yelled angrily. She didn’t even need to roll down the back window for Jongin to know how pissed she was. Jongin gave a puppy like yelp, and opened the back door and sat next to Zitao.

“So why are you walking alone and not with your Blair Waldorf?” Sehun asked still driving, but looked in the mirror to see Jongin’s face. “Also you’re sad.”

“Hey hey! Eyes on the road!” Jongin yelled at Sehun and kicked the driver’s seat. Sehun laughed and glared back at Jongin.

“Am I really going to take driving advice from a boy who doesn’t even have his license?” Sehun teased, knowing Jongni was always a little insecure about the fact that driving scared him.

“Am I really going to listen to a girl mocking me for not having my license? No , because I can barely here her over her dumb ing lisp.” Jongin decided to also poke fun at one of the girl's insecure parts, but Sehun quickly stopped driving to try and punch Jongin from the front seat.

“That’s because of my ing tongue piercing, you piece of –“ Zitao slapped her hand over Sehun’s mouth, ending her sentence before she got into her rant on how she doesn’t have a lisp.

“Okay, that’s enough!! Jongin, don’t make fun of Sehun’s lisp.” Sehun tried yelling behind Zitao’s hand that she didn’t have a lisp. “Sehun… of all the iconic couple pairings, you pick Chuck and Blair from Gossip Girl?”

“Who else was she gonna pick if not Chuck and Blair?” Chanyeol asked Zitao, taking her hand off of Sehun’s mouth. Sehun quickly blew Zitao a raspberry and high fived Chanyeol.

Zitao and Jongin both rolled their eyes at the Gossip Girl loving fiends, before Zitao spoke again. “Cheer up, Jongin. We know you’ve been moody ever since Hyunsik came to S.M.”

“I haven’t been moody.” Jongin muttered quietly. Sehun stopped the car again, and the group of friends gave him gaping looks.

“You basically ate both restaurants clean of food.” Chanyeol stated, while remembering the terrible day afterwards when they were out of stock on much of their food DURING the long holiday weekend too. Customers were not pleased when they found out S.M. Waters was somehow completely out of chicken fingers and any chicken by products.

“I was hungry, is that a crime?” Jongin stated, but still felt guilty about how much money he costed the park.

“I saw you crying to Lana Del Rey songs in the ice cream shop.” Sehun said squinting her eyes at the boy. The boy was to busy, refusing the accusations made, while the other replied with a sarcastic right.

“You guys don’t understand. Seeing your dream girl with a great guy . Things were going so well and- Summertime Sadness really speaks to me, okay?!.” Zitao shook her head at the boy, and told him to start relaxing because she had a plan.

Her plans usually, always, well most of the time, well okay...when they do work, they WORK.

0220.png 

“So how did Kris agree for you guys to throw a party at his parents place?” Jongin asked checking out the spacious and lovely home, of none other than Supervisor, Kris Wu’s home. Since Kris’ doesn’t live in their hometown anymore because of school, this is technically his parents’ home. However, this summer they were visiting family on the other side of Canada. This meant yet another infamous S.M. Waters Park Party.

“I brought Pictionary…. And I agreed to let Kris play.” Zitao said unhappily. “But it’s worth it to have this party. So do not let my plan go to waste!”

“Hey! Wassup guys?!” Kris yelled walking towards them with open arms. Zitao walked up and was ready to return her friend’s hug when Kris dodged the girl and went for the game in Sehun’s arms. “I’ve missed you dearly, my beautiful friend.”

“Hey to you too, Kris.” Zitao said with her arms still dangling awkwardly, not bothering to turn around to see Kris caressing the board game. Kris was not technically allowed to play Pictionary with any of them after his first summer at S.M. Waters when the Employee Care Representative suggested an employee Board Game Might for everyone to bond. Some say Kris got so angry that he ate a pencil...

“Why am I even here!?” Jongin groaned over the loud music from the speakers set in the living room. There was surround sound in the large home and Jongin watned more than anything for everyone to just up.

“TO GET TURNED UP!!!” Heechul screamed obnoxiously. Jongin cringed at the smell of alcohol from the lifeguard’s mouth.

“I want to go home and listen to good music.” The boy complained watching his fellow workers grind, and drink to the loud sub-bass kick drums and synthesizers.

“And cry to Lana Del Rey’s Young and Beautiful? No, you’re not coming home tonight until you apologize to Kyungsoo and stop being a wuss.” Jongdae said coming out from the kitchen with a drink in hand.

“K-Kyungsoo’s here? Oh no, I’m going home now.” Jongin tried to run out of the front door but as soon as he did Hyunsik and some other co-workers came through the door.

“You’re ing ting me.” Jongin whispered harshly into Zitao’s ear. The new worker gave Jongin a big smile and wave as he walked by the group, and went straight to the kitchen.

“No sweat! I had a feeling this would happen, that’s why I have Sehun here too… Sehun? Sehun!” Zitao looked around for the girl and saw that she was doing some shots with Luhan and some other female lifeguards. “I’ll be right back.”

Jongin watched Zitao walk over to the girls, before Zitao could do anything Sehun ed a cup in her hands. Zitao quickly chugged it and tried to pull Sehun to come with her but she wouldn’t budge. Zitao rolled her eyes and looked over to Jongin and Chanyeol saying something along the lines of Plan, Later, and Foolproof over the loud music.

‘Come on, maybe drinking will make you feel better?” Chanyeol offered Jongin a beer. The younger boy shook his head sadly.

“I probably really pissed off Kyungsoo and now I feel crumby. I don’t need alcohol to feel worse. And now you’re forcing me to watch her be cute and tipsy while being reunited with her one true love. Why do you do these things to me?” Jongin said and waited for a response. He however, did not receive it. He looked over to the space where Chanyeol was, and instead saw his best friend pinning his girlfriend to the wall as they made out. “I’m going to throw up.”

“Please, that’s nothing.” Krystal came up to Jongin as they watched the food-cashier and cook making out. “You should see them when they work together, its way more disgusting.”Jongin chuckled at Krystal’s comment. He noticed that the she wasn’t drinking anything here.

“I can’t get sloshed tonight. I have to drive my sister home later.” She explained, pointing to Jessica Jung and the group of employees playing beer pong. Man for a group of teenagers who work at a family friendly water park, they sure knew how to get wild.

“You know if you want, I can go distract Hyunsik tonight so he can’t talk to Kyungsoo.” Jongin looked at the blonde girl whispering in his ear as his eyes widened. He looked over to see Hyunsik take a swig from his beer as he gulped. “What do I owe you?”

“Stop making fun of my hairnet.” Krystal whispered into Jongin's ear so that he could hear her over the obnoxious music.

“Deal.” Jongin whispered in the girl’s ear as she smirked. She walked away fiercely and ily over to Hyunsik, and Jongin smiled watching the two talk. Jongin was about to fix himself a drink in the kitchen until a small hand grabbed onto the back of his shirt.

“Yoooou.” Jongin was spun around till he was face to face with Kyungsoo. “You’ve been avoiding me.”Jongin watched Kyungsoo slur her words, trying to balance herself while placing a hand on her hip. Jongin couldn’t help but smile at the older girl. “I could never do that, Kyungsoo.”

“Did I do something wrong then?” Kyungsoo asked Jongin, the boy refused to make any eye contact with the girl fearing he might cry. Curse the strong female role models he’s had in his life for keeping him in touch with his newly tapped into feminine side!

“No, I think I’m just going to go home now.” Jongin said, walking out of the kitchen as he tried rushing out, he accidentally bumped into Mark. The new lifeguard was still scared of Jongin ever since he ‘accidentally’ sacked him in the balls, after talking to Kyungsoo. “Sorry, Mark. Have you seen Jongdae, Sehun or Zitao?”

“I think I saw Sehun with Luhan and Zitao with Kris. What’s up?” Little Mark Lee said as he slowly covered his crotch. He knew better this time around to let his balls get into danger.

“I was just looking for a ride home. Have you seen Krystal?” Jongin asked as he watched Mark's eyes widen.

“No, I haven’t seen Krystal. You should ask, Kyungsoo. I’m going to go find Taeyong now. Bye guys!” Mark shrieked as he ran away from the pair, fearing that Jongin would kill him if he saw him speaking to the girl. Jongin watched the young boy flee away.

“Look, Kyungsoo. I really don’t want to talk to you right now, so could you please leave me alone?” Jongin told the girl, not wanting to turn around and face her. He tried to walk away, but Kyungsoo caught his arm and dragged him up the stairs.

“Is anyone in there?” Kyungsoo said knocking on the door with one and and the other clutching onto Jongin’s wrist. The boy felt hmiself flush feeling her warm hand on his skin.

“Kyungsoo?! Is that you?” A familiar voice called out from behind the door.

“Luhan?” Kyungsoo opened the door and saw a disheveled Luhan and Sehun. “What are you guys doing?”

“I was just about to get my mack on, thank you for asking.” Sehun said as Luhan blushed. She squinted her eyes and saw the pissed off boy behind Kyungsoo. “Jongin? Stop ing me, and go to Kris’ room, you know where it is.”

“I’m leaving.” Jongin turned around but before he could, Luhan jumped off the bed and ran out with Sehun. Sehun quickly pushed the two in and locked the door.

“Alright ers, Kris’ parents door is broken. It can only be unlocked from the outside. When you guys kiss and makeup, text me and I’ll let you free!” Sehun yelled through the closed door.

“When I get out of here, you’re ing dead.” Jongin yelled back and kicked the door. He frustrated-ly knocked on the door but after a few minutes he knew his friends wouldn’t open the door. He gave up and sat on the corner of Kris’ parents bed. He and Kyungsoo looked at each other for a few minutes, not speaking a word. The silence was really getting to Jongin. “Look Kyungsoo-“

Before Jongin could process what just happened, Kyungsoo was attempting to kiss him. The second he opened his mouth, Kyungsoo jumped on the bed, and onto him.

“This is what you want right, Jongin? I know I’m not as pretty as Krystal, but still. You can just pretend.” Kyungsoo whispered in his ear and brought her hand up to caress Jongin’s face. Jongin’s breath hitched as he saw the girl. She was so beautiful up close, her long hair creating a curtain around them. Jongin thought that he would be okay dying like this, with Kyungsoo whispering in his ear and having his hands on her waist.

“What… what are you doing?” Jongin said harshly to Kyungsoo. The girl held on tightly to the boy and started to roll her hips sensually, on top of Jongin.

“This is what you’ve wanted right? All those ual advances you made, wanting to be my friend, and asking me out. Really you just wanted a lay out of this, right?” Kyungsoo started by kissing Jongin’s neck and continued grinding on him.

“We can’t do this.” Jongin groaned. His body definitely wanted this, but luckily his brain and mouth were still working fine. “You’re drunk.”

“I’m fine, I want this.” Kyungsoo moaned in Jongin’s ear and began to nibble on it. Holy , would it be hella embarrassing to right now? Probably… probably. Jongin finally stopped his actions when Kyungsoo moved closer to his lips.

“Stop!” Jongin quickly shouted and got out of Kyungsoo’s embrace. He stood next to the bed and looked at a sad and panting Kyungsoo.

“Did I do something wrong?” The girl’s voice was shaky. Her breathing was quite labourted and Jongin knew it wasn't from their current activity. She was anxious.

“Why… in the world, would you think that?” Jongin asked. He knew why but it was finally time to talk to Kyungsoo about their feelings. Jongin waited for Kyungsoo to reply as she played with the ends of her hair.

“You’ve been ignoring me for the past four days.” Kyungsoo murmured, still twiddling with her hair. Jongin breathed out a small chuckle. “You kept count?”

Kyungsoo looked up to Jongin and they both shared a set of sad eyes. Lips twitching to say more. Obviously, Kyungsoo felt some sort of attraction to Jongin, or else she wouldn’t have attempted to kiss him. This would be it, after today they could go back to being strangers again, or maybe something more.

“I’m jealous of Hyunsik. Is that so surprising to you? I get jealous of every person I see with you. If it’s Chanyeol, if it’s Mark. Hell even Sehun. You just never gave me the time of day before and to finally have you… even as a friend, it felt too good. I guess reality hit me when your ex came back and yeah. Why do you care?”

“First off, Mark is adorable, but he is also 12. And second, because… I just… I care about you, okay?” Kyungsoo bit her lip to stop herself from crying. “Do you think I enjoy pretending to despise you for so long? I actually like your dumb jokes. I secretly like all of your stupid antics. I like that you love everyone in your life so, so much. And that you’d put all of them before yourself. I like your smile, and your lips. I like… you, Jongin. I care for you and… I like you, a lot.”

Kyungsoo started to sob and Jongin sat next to the bed with her and rubbed soothing circles to her back. He held her hand and urged her to answer his question. “What’s the problem then. I know you can do much better, but I’m not that awful am I?”

Kyungsoo shook her head and started to laugh. “You don’t really like me." Although Kyungsoo definitely looked like she was in a panic, Jongin thought she still looked beautiful.

“Are you ing kidding me? I think it’s really obvious that I-“

“I think you think you like me.” Kyungsoo cut Jongin off. “You liked the idea of a challenge. You probably wanted me to finally admit that I liked you for some sort of self gain. I’m not Krystal, or Tiffany." Jongin wanted to so badly interrupt the girl but she kept going.

"I’m not as pretty as them. I’m not as funny as Jongdae. I’m not as nice as Luhan. I’m not as open as Baekhyun. I’m nothing special, and when you realize that you’ll leave like Hyunsik did. I’m average. Once you got to know me, I’m sure you realized I’m like that on the inside and out.”

“Is that what you really think?” Jongin demanded. Kyungsoo continued to look across the room, until Jongin put his hand to Kyungsoo’s face and moved it in front of his. Kyungsoo’s heart jerked as he saw the boy’s eyes tear up. Jongin sighed as he wiped away some of Kyungsoo’s tears.

“You’re so dumb. I idolized you as this perfect girl. Intelligent, strong headed, beautiful, passionate. Over the past few months, I’ve been proven wrong. You’re still beautiful, but you’re cute too. Adorable and goofy looking too. You’re still strong headed and passionate, but you’re the most understanding and forgiving person I know. But I guess you’re not as smart as I thought you were. You must be really slow if you think that all I wanted to have with you. I mean I’m lying if I said I didn’t want that.” Kyungsoo blushed as Jongin said that and looked away from the boy. He quickly held her hands in his and urged her to look at him.

“But I want all of you. The parts of you that are funny, you when you’re mean, you when you’re sad or feeling self conscious. I want to be there for you all the time and help you when you need it, and have you there for when I need you. Because, I need you so bad. It’s starting to kill me.”

“You’re sure you’re not still drunk right? I mean they say a drunk mind is a sober heart, but I hope you know I’m not kidding and-“ and as clichéd as this all was, Kyungsoo has had enough of a sappy Jongin and kissed him. Jongin’s eyes bugged out as he watched his dream girl kiss him, he should kiss back.

Kissing Kyungsoo is everything he dreamed of and more. Her lips were so soft and if he never got this opportunity again, he just wanted to die now. He always thought the first kiss would taste sweet like fruit, he never really thought it would taste like strawberry wine coolers. Jongin wasn’t complaining though, because either way the taste was intoxicating. He closed his eyes as they melted into the kiss. Kyungsoo slowly lowered Jongin as she straddled him again, still kissing.

“Are you sure this is okay? This is my first time.” Jongin breathed out as Kyungsoo started kissing him down his neck.

“We don’t have to do it today.” Kyungsoo said as she moved her thigh in between the boy’s legs.

“Oh my God.” Jongin panted. The boy was losing it. He’d never been this intimate with anyone, ever. “I mean kissing is still on the table. We just shouldn't do it, today.” Kyungsoo laughed and Jongin felt like it just got even hotter. Holding onto the small girl and seeing her laugh, feeling her laugh, was another feeling Jongin wants to feel more of. “You’re doing great, don’t worry.”

“I really, really like you.” Jongin mumbled in between kisses. He felt like he was going to throw up with how stupidly happy he was.

“I really like you too, Jongin.” Kyungsoo smiled on Jongin’s neck when she began peppering him with neck kisses. Jongin’s smiled even wider, never having been this close to her so emotionally and physically. “Do you want to go on a date with me?”

“Really?” Jongin asked. “Doesn’t the boy-“ Jongin quickly realized his mistake as Kyungsoo got up and  crossed her arms around her chest, giving the boy a look.

“I mean, yes I’d love too. I am the luckiest guy in the world.” Jongin began to laugh, never expecting in a million years that Kyungsoo would ask him out.

“This is so cliché.” Kyungsoo mumbled to herself, reflecting on the promise she made earlier this summer.

“And you like it.” Jongin teased in a sing song voice to the older girl. She quickly hit Jongin, but felt bad and kissed him to make him feel better. No matter what, she can't imagine dating Jongin and not hitting him when he acted dumb. 

“Shut up, it’s only because I like you. I’m so disgusted with myself.” Kyungsoo self-dragged herself for being so weak to something as stupid as a man.

“You looked really cute when you cried, and confessed your love for me.” Jongin chuckled, continuting to tease his enw girlfriend. 

“SHUT UP!” Kyungsoo said as she took a pillow on the bed and whacked Jongin. Jongin took another pillow from the bed and began hitting the older girl. They play fought until they both began to grew tired of asking one another if they really did like each other. But they knew they did They always knew.

0220.png 

“Good morning, sleepyheads.” Luhan sang as she opened the bedroom door to see a cuddling Jongin and Kyungsoo in bed.

“I’m… I’m so proud!” Baekhyun cried into Chanyeol’s arms. The two groups began to cheer, which began to wake up Jongin and Kyungsoo.

“That’s my boy!!” Chanyeol said as he hugged Baekhyun with one arm and took his phone to snap pictures of the pair, quickly sending it to group chat. You know, incase Kyungsoo was jsut really drunk last night and regretted all of her decisions in the morning.

“I’m so … nauseous.” Jongdae joked, but was really over the moon to see her best friend,and little brother together, and sleeping with smiles on their faces.

“Cute. I mean, Kyungsoo can still do better but... cute.” Zitao said as she leaned her head on Sehun’s shoulder.

“Can you all shut up.” Jongin muttered, as he kept hid eyes shut, and tightened his hold on Kyungsoo more. Kyungsoo now fully awake, looked at Jongin and smiled. Jongin smiled back to the equally sleepy girl and kissed her on her forehead. They were about to go back to sleep when they realized the vultures were still watching them.

“So were you guys too busy ing to give us a call to unlock the door?” Sehun sneered but was probably the happiest of all of the friends to see Jongin with Kyungsoo.

“We didn’t… .” Jongin mumbled and hid his head in Kyungsoo’s hair. Kyungsoo laughed and quickly felt something rising from . She broke away from Jongin’s grip and jumped off the bed and puked in the bathroom toilet.

“Are you sure? She’s throwing up, clear sign you guys were intimate last night.” Jongdae joked as everyone began to laugh. Especially Sehun. Kyungsoo’s friends quickly went to the bathroom to help the girl as Jongin’s friends sat on the bed. When they made sure that the other group was talking and not paying attention to them. Jongin quickly exchanged high –fives with his friends.

“You owe me sooooo much.” Zitao said crossing her arms triumphantly. “I told you my plan would work!” Zitao was ready to meticulously tell Jongin ever part of her 17 step plan when the younger boy quickly engulfed her into a hug.

“Hey! We helped” Chanyeol yelled, as Jongin quickly hugged him too.

“I mean… I was kinda the free loader of this operation but I did lure you into the room and-“ Jongin cut off Sehun and turned the bed into a big group hug and thanked everyone repeatedly.

“So are you guys going out officially now?” Sehun asked her friend. Jongin smiled but shook his head no.

“We’re going to go on a date first. But in my head we are already dating." Man, Jongin was a dork.

“I’m going to take him to a Women’s Rights conference” Kyungsoo walked back into the bedroom. Everyone laughed and Jongin smiled even brighter seeing that his dream girl, was real.

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

A/N: this is gross bye