kiss me hard before you go

Summertime Sadness

Life was pleasant for Kim Joohyun. She met the love of her life at sixteen and they decided to move from South Korea, to Canada at twenty-one. At twenty-three she had her beautiful first daughter Jongdae, and two years later she had her handsome son Jongin. Yes, life was nice for Joohyun… except for when anyone in the house talked.

“MOM!!!”  screamed the Kim siblings at the top of the staircase. They ran down the stairs, shoving each other to get to their mother first. Jongdae could see her scum excuse of a brother was going to get there faster, so she did what she had to do.

“OW! Mommy you saw that! You literally just saw it before your eyes, Jongdae pushed me down the stairs!”

“Jongdae, please apologize and help your brother up. One of you, tell me what’s wrong.” Joohyun asked while trying to look away from her son’s playful (hurt) pout. She always needed to be unbiased when dealing with her children’s quarrels. Curse the Kim Ageyo.

“Jongin’s such a!-“

“Can Jongdae just not!-“

“I asked for ‘one of you’ to tell me. Not, ‘both of you yell at me at the same time.’” The siblings nodded and turned to each other. Whispers, more shoves, and a glare from their mother were exchanged until. “I would like to have some friends over.” Jongdae murmured.

Joohyun couldn’t see what was wrong with that. The girls that Jongdae was friends with were all angels.

Baekhyun, though very sassy, is very kind and loving. Luhan is hyper, endearing and passionate about everything. Then, there was Kyungsoo. She was just the sweetest thing… She couldn’t see why Jongdae couldn’t have her friends over. She loved the girls, so did her husband and Jongin … oh.

“I want you to kick Jongin out-“

“HEY!”

“-Out of the house… so he won’t annoy Kyungsoo. Please, dearest Mother.” Jongdae pleaded. Kyungsoo is one of her best friends… and it’s ing annoying as hell to never be able to have her over. Her idiot brother would never stop cooing over, and annoying her if they were in the same room. “Just for the night, I want to have a girl’s sleepover!”

“Well I was going to have Sehun, Zitao, and Chanyeol over to look at resumes for Zitao’s parents work!” Jongin butted in. The kids started arguing again yelling things like “If you were a nice brother, you’d stop being a piece of !” and “If you were a nice sister, you’d let me see your hot friend in her underwear!” and “Mom!! Jongin is objectifying women again!”

“You know, that’s two dollars in the jar, Jongin.” Jonghyun said as he came through the front door to see his two lovely children bickering. Joohyun muttered a ‘thank god’, kissed her husband and left through the opened door.

The Jong’s stared at the open door, and heard the revving of their mother’s car start before Jonghyun closed it.

“Well you chased your mother out of the house. That’s 50 cents from both of you. Now, Jongin. You and your friends can stay in the basement. ONLY, the basement. Jongdae, you and the girls can have the rest of the house… since you rarely get the house for yourself. I’ll take your mom out for dinner, so here.” Jonghyun said as he gave his children money for food. He kissed his daughter, and gave his son a hard pat on the back before leaving.

“… Dad didn’t give us change.” Jongin muttered as he reached in his own pocket for the Problematic Jar that his parents ‘created’ because it was ‘hip’ and ‘Western’.

“Yah! You dip, that’s another dollar.” Jongdae smirked as she threw her money in the jar.

“That’s another dollar for you too sweetheart!” Joohyun rushed by to get her bag. The siblings watched their mother leave once again… how did their parents always manage to hear everything?

0220.png0220.png0220.png

“You’re absolutely sure Jongin won’t be home.” Kyungsoo asked for the millionth time. She just came back from her Psychology lecture and did not want to deal with Jongin’s antics.

“Yeah… he won’t be home, trust me...” Jongdae spoke in a quiet tone. Knowing fully that Jongin would be home, but he promised not to leave the basement. If Kyungsoo knew Jongin would be home at all, the girl would refuse to even set a foot in the house.

“Good!” Kyungsoo smiled happily, causing Jongdae to laugh. They opened Jongdae’s bedroom door to find Luhan and Baekhyun sprawled on the bed, already eating everything in sight. Jongdae sighed at her two other best friends, how did they already manage to mess her up before they even started drinking?

“Sup es!” Baekhyun greeted them before shoving more Cheetos into . She surprisingly dropped some that couldn’t fit into her big mouth. Luhan then went to take the ones that fell on the bed, and ate them. A grimace formed on Kyungsoo and Jongdae’s faces. “You guys are exquisite, you must let me paint you.”

Kyungsoo rolled her eyes at Jongdae’s comment and walked over towards her friends. She dropped herself on top of the bed, not caring for the peasants underneath her.

“Can you please get off of us…. Like now.” Baekhyun tried to say but Kyungsoo’s legs were on her face.

“No, I’m tired let me sleep here.” Kyungsoo muttered into Luhan’s arms, as she snuggled and pretended to sleep. “And please don’t call us es, it’s demeaning.”

Baekhyun said sorry… or so it sounded like it when Kyungsoo decided to actually lay on the bed next to Luhan, and not on Baekhyun.

“Why so tired, Soo?” Luhan asked as she began to Kyungsoo’s head affectionately. All four of the girls are best friends, and do not have favourites… or so they claim. However, Kyungsoo is the youngest in the group and you can’t help but want to hug and squeeze the doe eyed girl.

“I am this close to selling my body… Seriously why is it so hard to find a summer job? A student going to school for work, but needing work to pay for school. It’s ironic isn’t it?”

Luhan stopped petting the younger girl’s hair, and in turn chose to tug it.

“Ow, Luhan! What was that for?” Kyungsoo yelped as she moved away from the elder.

“It’s not ironic!” The communications major huffed.

“Yeah c’mon Kyungsoo, you know the proper use of irony, you’re/your, and cute people are the things that matter most to Luhan.” Baekhyun cackled. Luhan rolled her eyes. You couldn’t blame the girl. She was in her last year of her undergraduate degree, and was fluent in English, Mandarin, Korean, and French.

Jongdae met Luhan in her second year when Luhan was her teacher’s assistant in Mandarin. Baekhyun and Jongdae met each other in the first year, as they were both in the business program.  

Kyungsoo was the last one to join the group, since she’s only been at the university for a year. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were best friends throughout high school. The four of them clicked instantly when they all met in the school’s show club.

Jongdae laughed as she watched her group of friends bicker more about if Kyungsoo used the term ironic properly, school, and stuffed their faces with food… when suddenly she had an idea. “Kyungsoo, why don’t you work at the water park with us this summer?”

“Whaaat? ...Nah man, I’d rather die.” Kyungsoo said as she slightly choked on her food. It is a good idea though. As soon as she would go back to school, she would already be done work. She also wouldn’t have to awkwardly quit and hope they re-hire her next summer. There was just one problem with that-

“Jongdae! You- oh… Why hello there, Kyungsoo.” Jongin smiled as he busted into his sister’s bedroom. He really hadn’t seen Kyungsoo in a while and man… it’s like she got cuter. If that was even possible.

“You , get out of my room!” Jongdae screamed as she threw a pillow at her brother. Jongin caught the pillow quickly, and threw it back at her… only to hit Kyungsoo in the face. Jongin screamed as he heard a cute groan and ran to Kyungsoo’s side to make sure she was alright. “Oh my God, I am so sorry , my princess!”

“What were you going to ask Jongdae earlier?” Baekhyun asked as she watched a bumbling Jongin sputter apologies to an annoyed Kyungsoo.

“Oh yeah… I was just gonna tell Jongdae and you guys to send in your resumes to the water park.” Jongdae rolled her eyes to her younger brother. “I was literally just telling them too, so get out.”

“But-“ Jongdae didn’t give Jongin the time to finish as she had already pushed him out, and locked the door.

0220.png0220.png0220.png

“What the took you so long… and!!! You forgot the Cheetos, you !” Sehun yelled to her best friend, “You are incompetent, lazy, irresponsible, and a jackass.  Honestly, how do you think you’re going to be a Lifeguard Supervisor this year? How on Earth are you going into your first year of University in the fall?!”

Jongin rolled his eyes and threw the artificial cheese puffs at the girl.

“…Oh. Thanks bestie!” Sehun grinned as she opened the bag.

“Seriously, that did take you a while. Where were you at, bro?” Chanyeol asked the other boy. Jongin smiled goofily remembering his brief encounter with Kyungsoo. “Ahh, so Kyungsoo is over.”

Zitao shook her head, hitting Sehun with her long black hair. A muffled ‘hey’ was heard from the younger girl choking on hair and cheetos.

“Seriously Jongin? We were supposed to get drunk and hire people for the summer. Now you’re only going to want to talk about Kyungsoo.” Zitao had nothing against Kyungsoo, they just met last year as they were both in their first year of university. They were good enough acquaintances; however they never got to hangout because Jongin would have wanted to tag along to ogle Kyungsoo, and it’s not like anyone would have wanted that except for Jongin.

“No I won’t. Come on, let’s get this going.” Jongin proclaimed as he opened a can of beer. It’s showtime.

0220.png 

“Zitao! Look at this girl!” Sehun screamed at Zitao… even though the girl was right next to her.

“First off Sehunnie, you don’t need to yell at me, as I am sitting right next to you. Secondly, you reek of wine and I’m going to cut you off soon. Lastly…dibs!” Zitao laughed as she took another sip of her drink.

 “No, Zitao please! This girl is hot and totally looks like she plays for our team. I saw her first ,!” Sehun whined as she banged her head off the laptop screen. This Amber Liu girl had to be a lesbian, and Sehun was tired of crushing on oblivious straight girls. “Fine fine, we will hire her and she can make her decision this summer.”

“Isn’t that like really erted and immoral? Hiring people because you want to them…does she even have the proper qualifications for the job?” Chanyeol asked, as he started to finish the rest of his rum and coke.

"Does she even have the proper qualifications for the job?" Sehun mimicked Chanyeol annoyingly, as the boy pretended to be offended. "Well I would never do that, you girls sicken me!"

“Get off that high horse of yours. Don’t give us for hiring a hot girl we could potentially like, when we’re hiring your life long crush.” Chanyeol began to cough violently after hearing the comment. Whether the pink blush that appeared on his neck was from the alcohol, the coughing or ZItao’s comment, didn’t matter, as the group of young adults couldn’t stop laughing at the mess that was Chanyeol.

“Yah! Can you guys all shut up, please?” A wild Kyungsoo appeared at the top of the basement stairs. It was obvious by the way the girl was stumbling with her words and the cup in her hand meant she was drunk.

“Make me.” Jongin walked over to the bottom of the stairs. She was like Cinderella at the top of the staircase… Only Cinderella was a Princess, and Kyungsoo was more of a Queen. She was stunning and elegant as she looked at Jongin with her precious wide eyes. “E-excuse me?”

Jongin smirked and was ready to repeat himself, before an angry Kyungsoo slipped down the last few steps and onto him.

“I am not having a good day Jongin, so I’d appreciate it if you would off.” Kyungsoo asked while on top of Jongin on the floor.

“Holy Kyungsoo’s so drunk she’s finally giving Jongin a chance. This is a miracle!” Luhan screamed at the top of the staircase, making her way down with the rest of the girls. Kyungsoo leaped off of Jongin and blushed.

“Um… no. I was just asking them to keep it down and I kinda fell down the stairs.” Kyungsoo stated as she watched a dazed Jongin continue to lie on the floor. “Thanks for breaking the fall.”

“Wow! And she’s thanking him? Kyungsoo must be really tipsy.” Baekhyun laughed hysterically until she noticed Chanyeol was watching her.

Chanyeol was cute… like really really cute. It didn’t help Baekhyun that he was also in all of her classes. Though they’ve had many classes together, Chanyeol always avoided her. It’s not like Baekhyun never tried to talk to the boy. She really wanted to, and tried to. He just obviously didn’t like her. She’s never even done anything to him though! Okay, well, except that time in the first year when she hit him in the face with her book bag. It was an accident though, so if Chanyeol still hated her from that then, whatever.

“You guys should just stay down here and drink with us, if you want.” Zitao offered. She was friends with Jongdae and Luhan, and was good enough acquaintances with the others.

“That’s really nice of you Zitao, but if Jongin is here… I’ll pass.” Kyungsoo stated as she finished her drink, and stood up to leave.

“Isn’t that cute… Kyungsoo can’t stand to be in the same room as me since she’s so attracted to me and all."

Even though she's drunk and is basically seeing double of Jongin, she really wants to knock him out.

"You are a strong, independent woman Soo, stop making me the reason you avoid stuff in life, like a fun evening with friends, or job employment this summer. All because of me?” Jongin asked softly into Kyungsoo’s ear.

“Don’t flatter yourself, I’d rather .” Kyungsoo grumbled into her empty cup.

“That’s a dollar in the jar! Now Kyungsoo can you stop being so tsundere to my brother, and Jongin stop being a boy!” The older girl yelled. Jongdae just wanted a relaxing girl’s night and her best friend and younger brother were killing the vibe.

 “Fine.” Kyungsoo said through gritted teeth. If everyone wanted her to work at the stupid water park, then she would. She needed the cash and how hard would it be to avoid Jongin?

“Zitao, could I please email you my resume when I am not inebriated.”

“You don’t even need too, Luhan did it for you already.” Sehun stated matter-of-factly.

Ping! Kyungsoo looked down to her phone to see an email.

“Ahoy Kyungsoo! We would like to invite you for an interview here at SM Waters, for a Customer Service position. Monday at 3:30. Please get back to us and confirm you can attend this interview at this time and date.

Thank you
Huang Zitao
Assistant Manager
SM Waters

*2 attachments*

Inteview Information, and a photo of Chanyeol dressed in a Manta Ray mascot costume.

0220.png0220.png0220.png

Kyungsoo did not feel good, okay well not as bad as the hangover the morning after Jongdae’s sleepover, but not great.  She walked pass the entrance to the water park and saw about a hundred other people around the park. as she walked to the Customer Service building. “ no.”

What the hell was this bull? Why on Earth were all of the lifeguards really hot… and Asian? Also why did Jongin have to be one of them?

 “He is not cute. He is not cute. He is not cute.” Kyungsoo repeated in her head as she watched Jongin swim. She found herself staring at the boy’s lean muscular body until she was, thank God, interrupted from her impure thoughts.

“HI KYUNGSOO!” Chanyeol screamed into the shorter girl’s ear.

“Woah!! H-hey Chanyeol… what’s up?” Kyungsoo leaned and tried to act cool... only she didn’t lean far enough on the counter and fell on her . Chanyeol laughed a bit until he saw Kyungsoo glare at him to help her up.

“Sorry, I wasn’t laughing at your fall! Seems like Jongin really knocks you off your feet eh-“ Chanyeol was interrupted as Kyungsoo sat on the counter and put him in a choke hold.

“Listen here, Punk-Chanyeol, I wasn’t looking at anything alright? Alright. I was just admiring the wave pool. So please, shut up and I won’t kill you.” Kyungsoo whispered menacingly into his ear as he tried to nod an ‘okay’.

“Good!” Kyungsoo smiled and hopped off the counter, releasing Chanyeol.

“It’s so obvious you both like each other, so why not just bang it out?” Chanyeol muttered as he rubbed his neck.

“I don’t like Jongin!” Kyungsoo turned around. “If I did, I’d admit it, but I don’t. So can you like … not?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, and gave her two thumbs up. Kyungsoo grinned and walked away.

0220.png0220.png0220.png

“Hey… do you wanna stop playing jaws and get out of the water.”

Jongin shook his head as he continued to look off into the distance, with only the top of his head and eyes out of the water.

“Actually it’s pretty impressive that you can hold your breath for that long, but why are you glaring at Chanyeol and that cute girl.” Jongin jumped out of the water and took a big gasp of air.

“Kris! Watch who you’re calling cute, that’s my girlfriend.” Jongin huffed and crossed his arms.

“No… no she isn’t.” Zitao swam up from behind Kris.

“Zitao! You see them at school, are they always that playful and joke-y with each other? What kind of bro is he? What kind of bro are you to not tell me Zitao?!”

“I’m not your bro, so shut up. And no, I’ve never seen them act like that together, so please calm down.” Zitao said as she watched Jongin pace in the shallow end muttering “my Kyungsoo” and “ a fake friend.”

“Thank God, I only have to deal with you guys in the summer.” Kris chuckled as he watched Jongin reach his psychotic break.

“This… this isn’t even bad yet.” Zitao looked at Kris wide eyed. Damn this was going to be a long summer.

0220.png0220.png0220.png

“He’s touching her.” Jongin growled to Sehun, but mostly at the pair he was looking at.

Training has very much so far. It was very repetitive and tedious, well at least for Jongin. He knows how to do his job perfectly fine, actually he knows how to do everyone’s job here. For instance, he could be the one helping Kyungsoo with first aid instead of Joonmyeon.

He barely even got to see Kyungsoo, since he’s always in the water and she’s always doing customer service training. He’s only known the girl for a year but he was definitely in love. Seeing her always made him feel some type of way… however seeing Joonmyeon so close to her, made him feel angry.

Joonmyeon is alright. He’s been working for S.M. longer than Jongin has. He was prompted to Employee Care Representative and Supervisor so-

“That’s kind of his job.” Sehun mumbled lazily, watching over the water. Which Jongin was supposed to be doing, not using his binoculars to stalk the pretty girl and her supervisor. Jongin averted his deathly gaze away from Joonmyeon, and moved it to Sehun.

“Sehun, listen to me.” Jongin asked desperately. Sehun was his best friend, surely she would side with him.

“No, off.” Jongin rolled his eyes, okay... maybe not

“I’m just saying, he does not get paid to touch Kyungsoo inappropriately-.”

“And you don’t get paid to watch them!” Zitao screamed into her megaphone, below Jongin and Sehun’s lifeguard chairs. This startled Jongin, causing him to let out a totally manly shriek.

“When the did you get that?” Jongin asked while checking to see if his ears still worked. They had walkie talkies and emergency cellphones but never megaphones.

“It’s for my job hat, now do yours.”

Jongin scoffed. “And what’s your job Zitao?”

 Zitao’s right eye started to twitch at Jongin’s remark. How dare he say that? Her parents own the damn park!They trusted her so much, they went to China for the summer, certain that she could take care of everything with Joonmyeon and Kris’ help.

She makes sure that everyone is doing their job, inventory, check in, everything! Whenever a station is busy, she goes there and helps them. Making sure her friends don’t destroy her family’s business is a full time job already. She was fully ready to give Jongin a long lecture of how important she was, but Jongin had already checked out of their conversation and resumed looking at Kyungsoo.    

 “I walk around sadly thinking ‘why don’t I have better friends?’” Yeah… maybe it wasn’t too late for Zitao to call her parents home.

0220.png0220.png0220.png

Training has been going really well so far for Kyungsoo. Sure, she didn’t necessarily love the 8AM ‘All Staff’ training, but it has been fun. They were divided into Teams with members from every department: Cooks, Cashiers, Lifeguards, Maintenance, Customer Service and Security. It was a ploy by the park to get everyone to become friends, and to train people efficiently throughout the day.

Kyungsoo and her team had just finished learning how to clean the change rooms, and were waiting for the announcement to tell them where to go next.

“Attention Team 9.” The voice from the speaker box rang loudly. “Or more like Team Fine.”

Kyungsoo groaned as she heard Jongin over the P.A. She looked over to the rest of her team members, who were expressing emotions ranging from confusion, anger, and amusement.

“Can you please go to the front of the park, and do bag check at the turnstile gate? I know you tried avoiding me earlier, but you can’t hide from love Kyungsoo. NOTICE ME! Hahaha, just kidding...? See you there, Soo!”

The rest of her team looked towards Kyungsoo silently, until the cashier boy Minseok let out a laugh.

“Is he your boyfriend?” Minseok asked Kyungsoo sweetly. Kyungsoo shook her head furiously.

“Jongin is in love with Kyungsoo, has been for a while. Kyungsoo finds Jongin attractive, but annoying as . So no, they’re not dating.” Baekhyun told the group while continuing to pick up the last of the trash, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“He doesn’t love me. He just likes to tease and irritate me a lot-”

“Noona!!! I am waiting for you in the Office… I’m alone too.” Jongin whispered the last bit, which was incredibly unnecessary as he was currently saying it over the P.A. system, for her entire team in the change room.

All Kyungsoo could do was hit her head off of the change room lockers…. Wishing it wasn’t only 8:42 a.m.

0220.png0220.png0220.png

S.M. Waters prides themselves on being the best waterpark in the province. They really believe that this is because every staff member is diligent, kind, and crossed trained for almost every job… If only Zitao’s parents were actually here every day to see their star lifeguard right now.

“I dedicate this song to Kyungsoo, please listen to the words carefully, because I mean them from the bottom of my heart.” Jongin spoke gently over the P.A.

Hahaha, Jason
Jason Derulo
Get Jazzy on me

“What. The. !” Zitao screamed. She and Sehun were currently …messing around in the storage shed outside. Sure they were supposed to be teaching fire training, but apparently they weren’t the only ones not doing their jobs. Wasn’t Joonmyeon in the office?! Why on Earth was Jongin in there? And oh dear God. Jongin was playing ‘’. Zitao’s brain was currently broken, as she slowly dropped to the floor in fetal position.

“As much as we’re all digging the song, shouldn’t you stop the fire and stop Jongin?” Luhan asked as she opened the door, while swaying to the chorus.

Zitao nodded dumbly and grabbed the fire extinguisher quickly, pulled out the pin, and finished off the fire.

“Sehun’s in charge, don’t move or start anymore fires. I need to stop him before the rap.” Zitao commanded as she ran, leaving a shirtless Sehun visible to a shy Luhan and all of Team 4.

0220.png 

Kyungsoo was running. She needed to find Jongin and put an end to this nonsense, now.

Been around the world don’t speak the language,
but your booty don’t need explaining,
all I really need to understand is when you
to me.

While running towards the office, the rest of her fellow employees were looking at Kyungsoo and whistled.

“YEAH KYUNGSOO! HIT THAT!” Chanyeol yelled to the girl. Oh she was going to hit Jongin, that was for sure. She finally got to the door, but someone was already there first.

“Jongin, I swear to GOD, if you don’t stop the song BEFORE the 2Chainz rap, I will fire you.” Zitao swore, while trying to find the key to open the Security Office.

Uno, met your friend in Rio

“Jongin, please stop.” Kyungsoo begged and helped Zitao find the new key.

Dos, she was all on me-o

Tres, we can ménage à three though

Quatro, ooh

“GOT IT!” Zitao cheered, as she found the key and opened the door.

 (2 Chainz!)

Dos Cadenas, close to genius

Sold out arenas, you can my pe-

“I technically stopped right before the good part of the rap, so I can’t get into any trouble.” Jongin said as he hugged Zitao. Zitao shoved him off and rushed to the microphone.

“Attention all staff, sorry for that... uh- inappropriate announcement. Please continue on with your training, thank you.”

0220.png 

“Are you dumb, or dumb?” Zitao asked Jongin. Jongin tried to look cute for his friends but it was really no use at this point. He knew what he did was dumb but he honestly can't control himself around Kyungsoo? Something in his brain just switches and goes wild.

“Well if dumb is the only option, I’ll have to go with-“

“Obviously you’re dumb!” Sehun screamed at him.

The entire staff had heard Jongin’s declaration of love over the P.A., though majority of the staff found it hilarious, the supervisors did not. Especially Joonmyeon, as Jongin had tricked him out of the office. Also the fact Jongin was supposed to be teaching First Aid and heard that Zitao and Sehun were ing, instead of doing fire training costed the group a half hour of Joonmyeon's scolding.

 “You’re so ing lucky my parents weren’t here, they would’ve fired you!” Zitao told Jongin as she paced around the room after Joonmyeon left. Sehun stopped the other girl from her pacing and made her sit down next to Jongin.

“Both of you guys are giving me headaches… Seriously Jongin we’re lucky that the Kris was the main supervisor in today. Please, for the love of God. STOP. BEING. SO. DUMB.”

“You guys are just mad you got caught ing on the job… literally.” Jongin scoffed to the girls.

Zitao punched Jongin’s arm.  “Well we wouldn’t have gotten caught if you weren’t an idiot.

“What is it with you and Kyungsoo anyway?” Sehun asked tiredly. “It’s not going to go anywhere, and she’s not even worth it.”

“You know I’m still here right?” Kyungsoo hissed quietly to the group of friends. Jongin got up to hug Kyungsoo on the other side of the room, when Zitao immediately grabbed his shirt, and forced him to sit back down.

 “Don’t listen to those Scissor Sisters, you’re worth the trouble, love.” Jongin said and winked to the apple of his eye.

Zitao started cursing at Jongin in Mandarin, as she always does when she’s mad at someone. So that when they aren’t in an argument anymore, they cannot hold her words against her. While Sehun pointed a finger at Jongin and mouthed the word, ‘one’, symbolizing the one chance he had left, before she beats the out of him. Kyungsoo looked on, confused.

“Oh poor innocent Kyungsoo, what I meant by that was.” Jongin said as he made two peace signs with his hands, making a scissor cutting motion and-

“Can you just shut up?” Zitao and Sehun asked in unison.    

“Can you both get off your periods.” Jongin said to himself.  Zitao’s eyes widened. “E…Excuse me?!” Sehun asked Jongin. 

She fully well knew what the pathetic excuse of a man said. Crossing her arms over her chest, and getting into Jongin’s face. Jongin gulped as he looked Sehun straight in the eye. Why did he say that?

“You-you heard me.” Jongin said in a pained voice, as Zitao grabbed the hair on his head and moved his face towards hers. Sehun took her hand and made a fist. Representing the zero chances Jongin had left as she punched him in the .

 Yup, Jongin was going to be going to First Aid for the second time today.

0220.png0220.png0220.png

Zitao wasn’t nervous. Nope, nope, she had no reason to be. Majority of the staff were very smart and good at their jobs (the outliers being her friends), and the new staff wasn’t too awkward. She was just going to discuss a few more problems and then the staff party/mock work day would commence. Then the park would open in two days. Yeah… this should be fine.

“I really don’t see why you’re nervous, the rookies are actually pretty smart and we haven’t had too many incidents occur yet.” Kris said as he watched all 100+ employees sit down in the training room in front of himself and Zitao.

“Yeah you’re right.” Zitao said as she watched Jongin and Chanyeol goof around. “I know exactly which issue to bring up first.” Kris smiled as he watched Zitao to tell everyone to shut up and pay attention.

“Alright, you guys all know that opening day is in two days!” Zitao said as everyone whooped and hollered. “I just have a couple of reminders for you, and want you guys to give us any feedback you may have for us. Sound fair?” The teenagers and young adults all nodded their heads.

“Good, first. You all know that you guys have your teams, but they were not just for training. Over the summer you guys will be receiving High Fins-“

“But, Zitao. What are High Fins?” Sehun asked in a slow, monotone staged voice.

“I’m glad you asked, Sehun!” Kris answered before Zitao could kill Sehun. Okay so maybe she had already staged this entire conversation, but Sehun didn’t have to make it so obvious. “High Fins, are points you get from us, managers, supervisors, and your fellow employees for doing a good job!”

“They’re like a pat on the back, or a high-five, but fin, because of our mascot...?” Zitao asked the employees.

“Manny the Manta Ray?” Jongdae replied, as she went back to sleep on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“Exactly! You get these points from doing many things. Having a great attitude, or by making someone’s day an awesome one!!When you want to fill one out, go to the cash office and take a High Fin slip, check the reason and sign who it’s to and who it’s from. The amount of points depends on the act you did.”

“And whichever team gets the most points will get a mystery prize.” Kris finished the explanation. A very unenthusiastic “OoooOooO” was heard from Jongin and Chanyeol. Zitao threw her clipboard at them. “Now, do you guys have any questions you’d like to ask us before tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I got one!” Chanyeol smiled. Zitao smiled in return, he was about to ask one of the rehearsed questions she gave to him and her other friends. “Why are like, all of the employees here Asian?”

The S.M. Waters crew burst into laughter, even Kyungsoo who woke up Jongdae.

“HEY YOU F- Ahem… Chanyeol you were with me finding employees to interview, you should know that we picked all of our employees because they had the greatest qualities and skills. Regardless of race.” Zitao caught herself and answered Chanyeol’s question in a scary tone that gave chills to everyone in the training room.

“I have one too!” Zitao nodded her head urging Jongin to ask his question. “Why do we not have a Facebook group? It’d be a good way for us to all get in contact with each other.”

“We already have a Facebook group-“ Kris stated, a bit confused because he had just created it not too long ago.

“NO WE DO NOT, KRIS!” Zitao yelled and covered Kris’ mouth.

“Wait we do? Why am I not in it then?” Jongin asked and looked around to his friends. They all awkwardly looked around the room and not at Jongin.

“If you were in the group, you may see Kyungsoo post in it, and then you’d just annoy her online and-“

“SO KYUNGSOO DOES HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT?!” Jongin exclaimed and cut off Zitao. He dug into his pocket for his cell phone as Kyungsoo groaned.

“You’re not going to find me on it, and I will not friend you if you somehow do. Just give up.” Kyungsoo muttered and hid her head on Jongdae’s shoulder. Everyone in the room laughed and caused Kyungsoo to bury her head even more.

Ever since the incident, the rest of the coworkers either joked about the couple, or gave Kyungsoo dirty looks (mostly the females).

“Alright, I don’t even care anymore. Tomorrow Teams 1 and 10 will act as the workers at the park first. Remember to bring your bathing suits and come to Kris, Sehun, Joonmyeon or I for your scenarios.” Zitao said tiredly, if she could make it through this practice day, maybe she would live to see the end of the summer.

0220.png0220.png0220.png 

“I’m not coming out from here!” Kyungsoo stated from inside the change room. Luhan, Baekhyun, Jongdae and Kyungsoo were the only ones left in the change room and were supposed to play the part of customers at the park to experience what work would be like for the rest of the summer.

“We’ve seen you in your underwear before Kyungsoo, a bathing suit won’t be any different!” Luhan screamed from outside of the stall, banging on the door.

“I’ve seen you full on Kyungsoo, now get out. You have nothing to be afraid of.” Baekhyun said from the bench in the middle of the change room. “Who are you even scared of seeing anyway?”

“EVERYONE! I am doing the world a favour by not showing anyone my huge thighs or my sickly pale skin.”

“Shut up, Kyungsoo! You’re cute as hell, and my brother thinks you’re super hot. He aksi still picks his nose ... Anyways get out of the change room before it’s one of our team’s turns to work!”

“Hey, what teams are you guys on?” Sehun came in to the change room. “And why haven’t you guys come out yet.”

“Kyungsoo’s just nervous to be seen in her bathing suit. She and I are on Team 9, Jongdae is Team 7, and Luhan is on your team.” Baekhyun answered Sehun. Sehun mouthed the word “really?” The other girls nodded their heads as Sehun went up to Kyungsoo’s stall door and kicked it open.

“AH! How did you do that?!” Kyungsoo asked wide eyed. Her best friends looked on quietly, surprised by the thin girl’s strength.

“Pfft, why are you nervous? You’ve got a banging bod.” Sehun rolled her eyes and tugged Kyungsoo out of the change room. “Pretty sure Jongin will pop a as soon as he sees you.”

“I- What?” Kyungsoo looked to Sehun confused. She really didn't know Sehun all too well and didn't expect such a (nice?) compliment from her.

“I’m a Lesbian, Kyungsoo. I know a hot girl when I see one. You actually got quite the for a Korean girl. Your thighs are fine, and don’t get me started on your s or Jongin will kill me. Now let’s go, you guys both have a half hour till your teams have to work which gives you guys enough time to enjoy the park.” Sehun forced what she thought would look like a friendly smile out.

“Are you… are you trying to comfort and be nice to Kyungsoo? Awww Sehunnie, you’re adorable!” Luhan shrieked and hugged Sehun. The younger girl blushed as Luhan hugged her tightly. All of the girls were in their bathing suits and Sehun needed to get away from Luhan, now. Before she pops a metaphorical .

“Seriously guys, let’s go now! I want to swim.” Baekhyun hollered as she and Jongdae ran out of the door. The other girls laughed and followed them to the wave pool.

0220.png 

“Holy .” Chanyeol said as he watched Jongdae and Baekhyun running into the wave pool. He should be swimming or ordering food to let the kitchen crew train more, but he’s been with them for three weeks now, and he knows they can cook just fine. Also he didn’t know how to swim so he’d rather stay at the chairs with Jongin.

“Ew that’s my sister… and eh Baekhyun’s aight." Jongin was just about to look away, until he saw Beauty and the Beast. "Hollllllllly .” Jongin said as he jumped off his chair and ran like he was about to do a pool pullout, to his dream girl and Sehun.

Kyungsoo looked perfect, as always, but she was showing more skin than usual and he didn’t want anyone else but himself to see her like that.

“Kyungsoo, it’s not that you don’t look absolutely beautiful, but please cover up.” Jongin asked as he covered the towel over Kyungsoo. “I just don’t want anyone else to see you like this.”

“Excuse me?” Kyungsoo blushed. The compliment made her feel slightly nice, but she was mad too. “You do not own my body or have any right to tell me what I can’t and can’t wear, but thanks.” Kyungsoo said as she gave Jongin back the towel and walked into the pool confidently.

“Ah yes, ism! Why didn’t we mention feminism to Kyungsoo earlier? That totally would’ve gotten her to swim faster if we did.” Luhan said as she smiled at her friend having fun. “Are you going to come swim Sehun?”

Sehun smiled shyly… she’s had low key feels for Luhan for a while. The girl was cute, almost done university, and has a beautiful body and soul. If that’s not bae material, Sehun didn’t know what was.

“She can’t, she needs to help me on Chair. Sehun, let’s go!” Jongin gruffed as he grabbed Sehun’s noodle arm and dragged her to the lifeguard post. As they got up to their post Chanyeol passed a work phone to Jongin.

“Kim, Jongin, chair four, middle-deep end.” Jongin spoke as he took the phone from Chanyeol, as he and Sehun came back.

“Yo, Jongin. Kyungsoo really doesn’t like you and she is real hot. How much would you hate me if I asked her out?” Henry, a lifeguard was calling the lunchroom. It's not like Jongin hated Henry. Well, he was really annoying but then again, any male speaking about Kyungsoo was garbage to Jongin.

“Hey! Don’t say that about her, and why don’t you do your job?” Jongin spat into the phone. However he already knows Henry is doing his job. He was one of the mock employees working right now and was in rotation. If a person was to drown, whichever lifeguards were closest to the person would jump into the water to save them, and the people in the lunchroom would run to their chair and watch over everyone else. “Curse those tinted windows in the lunchroom.” or else Jongin would be staring holes into Henry.

“If we didn’t have those windows, we wouldn’t be able to see what was going on in the wave pool. Idiot. Seriously though she’s pretty hot. Everyone in the lunchroom agrees. But I know you have dibs, but really ,Jong-” Jongin hung the phone up on Henry, that guy seriously talks way too much.

“I need a way for Kyungsoo to like me, and get rid of every male worker at SM.” Jongin said seriously, looking at the Goddess in the water.

“Please… you’d have to worry about the girls here too. I mean look at Kyungsoo’s . They’re like really impressive, how does she even hide those?” Sehun asked looking at Kyungsoo too.

“STOP IT, YOU MONSTERS! I just need a way to impress her…” Jongin was interrupted when he felt a finger poking into his shoulder.

“Can you please stop staring at Kyungsoo? It’s creepy and making us all very uncomfortable.” Baekhyun asked as she crossed her arms annoyed. Technically no body should be in this area besides lifeguards, but Jongin was too distracted to care.

“I just need a way for her to notice and talk to me…” Jongin thought aloud. He looked around and saw his chance. He hopped off his chair and pushed Chanyeol, who was sitting on the ledge of the wave pool into it. Baekhyun looked alarmed and dived into the water without any hesitation.

“Pull out on Chair Four!” Sehun called into the phone attached to the chair, to the lunchroom. In two seconds Henry and Yuri were running to the lifeguard chairs as Sehun jumped into the pool.

“I. Ah.Help!” Chanyeol flailed in the water, but was brought up by Baekhyun.

“Are you alright?! Oh my God, you can’t swim, Jongin should know that!” Baekhyun screamed in a panic. checking to make sure Chanyeol was alright and was helping him stay afloat.

“You idiots! We’re in the middle end of the pool. Chanyeol just ing stand up straight.” Sehun yelled as she realized she could stand in the pool perfectly fine, and that Chanyeol wasn’t going to die.

“Oh.” Baekhyun and Chanyeol both murmured as Chanyeol stood up straight and was perfectly fine.

“Go to First-Aid though, okay Chanyeol? Baekhyun, can you take him there?” They both nodded to Sehun’s command. Sehun turned around to see several feet away, a scared looking Jongin. As he should be.

0220.png 

“What. Is. Your. Problem?” Sehun asked Jongin in the lunchroom. The Team’s rotated so that everyone got a chance to enjoy the park and practice more STAGED scenarios.

“Well we were supposed to get someone to fake drown, so lifeguards could practice a real pullout.” Jongin mumbled as he ate his lunch. Taking more interest in his pudding cup than the actual conversation at hand.

“Yeah… and I was supposed to drown!! Yoona and Kris were going to come save me from Chair FIVE and SIX, and Henry and Yuri were going to come and take their places. Chanyeol, DOES NOT. KNOW HOW. TO SWIM! Baekhyun is a cashier, WE DON’T NEED HER TO BE THE ONE TO JUMP INTO THE POOL, DINGUS!” Sehun yelled, very frustrated at the entire situation.

“Okay, okay I get it. I’m an idiot. I knew Chanyeol was going to be fine in the middle end. He could even stand in the deep end. I was going to save him and look like a hero, but Baekhyun already went in. I’m sorry alright?” Jongin said as he walked out of the lunch room feeling guilty. He walked into First Aid, as the two rooms were connected.

“I’m going to ask you guys one more time, how did you fall in accidentally? Kyungsoo asked, she’s been trying to fill out the incident report for five minutes but Chanyeol wouldn’t answer her question.

“I’m pretty clumsy, you guys have probably seen me around campus… ha.” Chanyeol said nervously. “How did you know that I couldn’t swim, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked trying to change the subject. Well… and cause he wanted to know. He’s never had more than three full conversations with the girl before, and it’s not like he flaunted his inability to doggy paddle.

“Oh… um. You mentioned that as your icebreaker in a tutorial.” Baekhyun said looking at the first-aid kit so Chanyeol couldn’t see how embarrassed she looked.

“That was back in the first year.” Chanyeol said smiling goofily. The fact that Baekhyun remembered such a small fact about him from two years ago made him feel warm inside.

“Yeah… I have a pretty good memory.” Baekhyun said shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Chanyeol couldn't help but melt looking at the girl. The atmosphere in the room suddenly changed, until Kyungsoo ruined the mood.

“No you don’t.” Kyungsoo replied. Knowing Baekhyun has, literally, the worst memory. And is also tucking her hair like that to be cute. As the older girl has instructed her to do so in front of people you find attractive. Which Kyungsoo could not understand for the life of her, why Baekhyun was atttracted to Chanyeol. Baekhyun was a solid 10 while PCY was at least a 6... a 7 on a good day.

“Hahaha, excuse me one moment, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun grabbed Kyungsoo and took her to the corner of the room.

“Can you like… be cool? Have some chill. For like one second, please Kyungsoo. Please… just… okay??” Baekhyun whispered angrily to Kyungsoo.

“Alright, alright I got it jeeze. Stop trying to look menacing, you know I can beat you up.” The girls started to bicker in the corner as Jongin slid into the room and sat next to Chanyeol.

“Hey … you alright man?” Jongin asked Chanyeol quietly. He nodded his reply and Jongin exhaled in relief. “You don’t know how bad I feel, I'm honestly so sorry… I really owe you.”

“No you don’t… I won’t tell Kyungsoo you’re the reason I, ‘fell in’. Plus you got Baekhyun to save me… and I kinda wish I faked dead so I could’ve gotten mouth to mouth.” Chanyeol and Jongin laughed dorkily as the younger boy put his arm around Chanyeol.

“What are you doing in here?” Kyungsoo asked, while having Baekhyun in a headlock.

“You’re. Right. Let. Me. Go!” Baekhyun choked out. Kyungsoo rolled her eyes and let her friend go. “It was an accident, Kyungsoo. Just put that down on the incident report and we can all go. Chanyeol… let’s go outside.” Baekhyun motioned for the taller boy to follower her and leave the Kaisoo couple alone.

Chanyeol looked confused, but became ever more confused as Baekhyun grabbed his hand, and walked him out of First-Aid.

“I know you did that so Kyungsoo wouldn’t get mad at Jongin… that was really nice of you.” Baekhyun looked down shyly. Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun’s compliment. He’s heard that the girl is obnoxiously loud and opinionated, but he thought she looked so cute abd shy in this moment. He only wished that Baekhyun actually liked him, and could open up her real self to him.

“I was just being a good bro. Thanks for saving me and all. You’re not even a certified lifeguard here. I owe you.” Chanyeol grinned trying to look half as cute as Baekhyun always does.

“What the 's on your face? You look like a ferret er… also where is Jongin? I have to kill him.” Zitao asked, coming out of nowhere to kill the vibe. Which had Chanyeol inwardly screaming.

“I was smiling? And he’s in First-Aid.” Chanyeol said looking away from the girls.

“Good… now when I injure him, he will already be taken care of. Not that I want him to receive any treatment for what I’m about to do to him.” Zitao said as she walked into First-Aid. As the girl walked away Baekhyun and Chanyeol were left alone again. They stood there, looking at each other for a few moments. As Chanyeol began to leave the oddly comfortable silence -

“Let’s get ice-cream!” Baekhyun suggested quickly. Hell yeah, she just said that aloud, trying to gain the courage for the last ten minutes “S-since you owe me and all… for saving your life and, whatever.” Baekhyun looked up to see Chanyeol giving her a wide smile that took up nearly half of his face.

“What’s that thing on your face?… please stop it, Chanyeol. You’re going to scare people away.” Joonmyeon said as he walked into First-Aid. Chanyeol gave him the finger ,and then gave Baekhyun his number to schedule their ice-cream date.

0220.png 

Kyungsoo watched the pair walk out the door, confused. What on Earth were they leaving for? She still needed the rest of Chanyeol’s health information!

“I’m the one who pushed Chanyeol into the pool.” Jongin said in a quick sentence. He closed his eyes tightly, not anticipating the reaction he was about to get. Kyungsoo rolled her eyes as Jongin opened his. He quickly noted that Kyungsoo's face and body language clearly indicated that this was not brand new information.

“I know you did… I saw you do it.” Jongin noted that Kyungsoo looked dangerously calm. “Does that mean you’re not going to kill me?”

“I’m not going to kill you… but that was really irresponsible. If you knew Chanyeol couldn’t swim, why would you do that to him?” Kyungsoo said sadly. She could tell Jongin felt bad about it, and if it really was an accident, Jongin shouldn’t beat himself up more for it. She really wasn't trying to make him feel bad, but she felt bad that he would risk his friend's life just to get her to notice him.

“He did it to get your attention, and cause he’s an idiot.” Zitao said as she walked through the door.

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo exclaimed and slapped the boy’s arm. Knowing that was the reason was one thing, but to be told that explictly made Kyungsoo feel even worse.

“Ow that hurt! I mean … hey, I’m already sorry about it, I don’t need you to lecture me, Zitao.” Jongin tried to pout cutely. Zitao quickly looked away, knowing better than to fall for that trap/

“Oh I’m not going to lecture you, he is!” Zitao said as she waited for the door to open… Jongin and Kyungsoo looked at each other confusingly until Joonmyeon came in.

“Hi guys… As you know, I am the Employee Care Representative and First-Aid supervisor now.” Joonmyeon said confidently, Jongin groaned. The boy loved telling everyone his title. “Jongin, you’ve gotten five verbal warnings this year and the park only opens tomorrow. Most of the issues have to deal with Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo glared at Jongin as he helplessly looked away. She felt very attacked for even being linked to five verbal warnings.

“The first thing that needs to be dealt with is ual harassment, as it was the most recent accident till today.” Joonmyeon read from his yellow legal pad. A preach was heard from Zitao and Kyungsoo.

“I would never ually harass anyone at work!” Jongin said, clearly offended.

“Do you not recall the High-Fin you gave to Kyungsoo earlier this week?” Joonmyeon asked raising his eyebrows. Showing the incident report that Kyungsoo had filled out previously.

“I gave her a High Fin because she was doing a fine job at training.” Jongin stated matter of fact-ly.

“Yeah, you gave me a High Fin… ON MY . YOU SLAPPED MY AND TOLD ME TO KEEP UP THE WORK, OF COURSE THAT’S UAL AND WORKPLACE HARRASSMENT.” Kyungsoo said angrily, lunging towards Jongin. Zitao however, grabbed the girl quickly before she could hurt anyone.

“To be fair, Zitao had no printed the actual High Fin forms out yet...?” Jongin said lamely. Kyungsoo growled as Zitao actually let her go to hit Jongin. “Owww! That was harrassment, are you not going to yell at Kyungsoo now? Is this reverse ism?"

"Reverse ism doesn't exist, Jongin." Zitao stated tiredly. It was like speaking to a toddler on why one shouldn't eat craft glue.

“Then there was the P.A incident, the disturbing ransom note I got from you, the incident where you kicked Mark in his area, AND when you let Chanyeol drown.” Joonmyeon looked up from his checklist to give Jongin a disapproving look.

“Hey, that’s not even that bad. When Kyuhyun was still working here, he was up to way worse.” Jongin said nodding his head, trying to get the others to agree. Zitao gave Jongin a look to, just quit it. Jongin weakly stopped and looked at Joonmyeon.

“Now… we can’t afford to fire you as you’re not only one of the best lifeguards here, but you’re also a Supervisor. So I’d like for you to sincerely apologize to, everyone and Kyungsoo.. I’d like for you to try to be friends with Jongin.”

“What?” Kyungsoo seethed. “I’d rather not to do that, Joonmyeon.” Kyungsoo tried to look sweet for the older Supervisor, but Joonmyeon knew better than to let a girl get in the way for his lifelong dream.

“Zitao and I both agreed that that’s probably the only way to stop your bickering. It’s ruining the flow of SM Waters. Get it? Flow? We’re a waterpark?” Joonmyeon asked, looking around for a smile… all he got was mean glares and a slight frown from Kyungsoo.

“We got it… Kyungsoo. I am sorry for my inappropriate behaviour so far this summer. Work starts tomorrow and I hope starting tomorrow, you can see me as the real Jongin, and we can become friends…and hopefully more after that.” Jongin said sincerely looking at the shorter girl.

Kyungsoo has never even spent more than ten minutes in the same room as Jongin, maybe it wouldn’t hurt to be friends with the guy? As long as he stopped his misogynistic ways. What was the worst that could happen? She spends too much time with him, sees him in a good light, and ends up falling for him? Men and women could be friends. Her life wasn’t a lame romance novel that she totally doesn’t read for fun, nope. She would not be a literary cliché.

“Fine, Jongin. You got yourself a deal.” Kyungsoo said as she stuck out her hand to finalize their agreement. Jongin smirked and held up his hand and quickly ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair.

“Don’t ing do that.” Kyungsoo immediately grabbed Jongin's wrist and twisted his arm. As the boy hollered in pain, he began to yell at the girl.

“But we’re friends now! Let me go!”

“Starting tomorrow, you little-“

Joonmyeon watched the couple argue and looked towards Zitao, who for some reason had earplugs in. He tapped her shoulder and the girl reached into her pocket and offered Joonmyeon a pair. He rejected the offer and opted for the door.

Idiot, Zitao thought. He’s still going to need them for the next two months.