Chapter 3

An Unbreakable Bond

REA Headquarters

J.J. POV

     The office was busy as usual. People were walking in every direction as they worked around each other. We were like a bee colony: separate parts working together to serve our queen, or king in this case. We're supposed to serve the people. but you know how that can get twisted.

     "Hey! Jessica! Over Here!" I turned to find my friend Mina, waving and smiling like an idiot. She was behind a group of people who were crowded around the television. Might as well. I thought and walked over to her. Mina pointed at the screen. "Check it out, they finally did it." The broadcast explained how the REA were continuing their country-wide search. Wow, I never guessed that would happen. I guess the officials got tired of their begging. "Miss Jung." a voiced called. It was the CEO's assistant. "The president will like to see you in his office."

     When I reached the office, I gave three solid knocks on the door, "Name and business?" "It's Jessica Jung sir. You requested me?" "Ah yes, Come in." I opened the door to find a man that seemed to be in his late 50s sitting behind a large oak table. He sat with his chin resting on his hands and a smile on his face. Something about it made me uncomfortable. "Good morning sir." was the only thing I could manage to say. "It is a good morning and you probably know why." "Is it because the continuation of the search?" "Yes it is. This is our chance to catch thos criminals that got away two years ago." "If it's alright to ask, why are we putting all this time and effort into finding a ragtag group of robots?" The man sighed. "You're not getting the point. If we let this 'ragtag' group of robots get away, we will be seen as weak. These rebels could inspire other rebels and you don't want that. We need to nip this in the bud and the search is the best way." That speech was nice, but we needed to get to the point. "I understand what you're trying to say, but I'm still confused. Why was I brought here?" "I want you to be at the forefront of the search: our face."

     What?!

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y.J. POV

     "So, do we have a game plan?" I asked everyone. We were still in The Hive after making our Declaration of Resistance (I came up with the name. Cool right?). Now we need to figure out what we were going to do. "To start off, we need more information." Hongbin said "We need the type of information that isn't available to the public. I stared at Hongbin. "How do we get that?" "We need someone on the inside." Ravi said. A smirk grew on his face "And I know just the one..."

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J.J. POV

     I left the office confused, trying to fgure out what happened in my meeting with boss.

     "I want you to be at the forefront of the search: our face." What?! "It's an honor, but why me?" "You were the most suitable for the job. That's all you need to know. Don't doubt yourself. I know that you are the one that will lead us to victory."

     Why did I agree to this? This could turn out to be a load of bullcrap. Also, something about this doesn't feel right.


Here is the next chapter! I tried to make it longer this time. I'm still working on length. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it! <3