Loss and Gain Part.3

Stolen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 31-January 01

It’s almost the next New Year, almost reaching my birthday. I was pretending to sleep, but maybe I was asleep before. I woke up from a dream. I couldn’t say it was nightmare but I couldn’t even say it was a nice dream either. Nobody knows the reasons behind why I keep sulking on my birthday. December isn’t something to be happy about. My brothers and the others are preparing my birthday surprise downstairs. I already knew but I have to pretend like I don’t. I already knew how my parents died but nobody ever told me how. That was the nightmare. When my alarm clock rang, I immediately rose up as I shut my alarm off. I leapt off the bed, and ran to the bathroom. Birthday girl must look her best. I washed my face kind of vigorously, and brushed my teeth roughly. Spray perfume to make sure I don’t smell. I’m too lazy to change so I let my pajamas on.

 

 

I debated whether to go out or not. “Not yet, I should just relax and take a bubble bath,” I said to myself and got myself dipped in hot bubble bath. Everybody will be downstairs except for Taehyung, probably. Worrying about the others might wait for me for too long, I stopped myself from proceeding my bath, and got myself dress up in my casual clothes: White T-shirt, a denim jacket, and a denim shorts. Just when I walked downstairs, nobody was there. Somebody was supposed to say surprise but all I received was a nasty silence. Where had everybody gone to?

 

 

I checked the refrigerator, if there is no one to say surprise. There’s going to be a cake prepared at least but nope, no cakes at all. That’s when I realized there’s a note left on the fridge. A note from my brothers that says, “Jungkook said we should enjoy fireworks since it’s the New Year, didn’t want to wake you up so we left you a note.”

 

 

I sighed at the note. He should have greeted me a happy new year. I crumpled the note into a ball, while my temper was rising. Jeon Jungkook, you’re lucky I still have feelings for you, but if I don’t, you’ll be toast by now. I remembered the day when Chaemin kept on babbling about how much she loves fireworks, and how she couldn’t wait to see the New Year fireworks. I laughed glumly to myself,” Jeon Jungkook, so that’s what you’re up to. You make me hate fireworks.”

 

 

Yup! I was starting to hate the fireworks. When I was starting to sleep, the annoying sound of fireworks disturbed my sleep. Covering my ears with pillows wasn’t enough. I threw my pillows out of frustration,” That’s it! I’m going out!” I grunted, and changed into my grey sweater, black pants, black thick winter jacket, white scarf wrapped around my neck, and white socks. Before I left the house locked, I put on my white boots. I’ll just have to visit my parents’ graveyard. I passed by a florist’s shop and bought a rose. One is already enough. As soon as I arrived at the location, I put down the rose in front their graves. “Dad, Mum. I’m sorry I didn’t visit you earlier, and I’m sorry if I disappoint you both but to be honest, I’m starting to hate how Jungkook and Chaemin treated me. It’s unfair.”

 

 

“And I think I’m starting to hate them more, usually, Jungkook helps me with math or anything but now he helps Chaemin because he loves her. It’s like Chaemin is his first priority and not me, and I feel like a fool for believing him.”

 

 

“I feel like I’ve been left out.”

 

 

“Be independent then,” a familiar voice suggested,” learn how to cook on your own, wash your own clothes, be busy with your own daily schedule that makes you even forgot if Jungkook and Chaemin really did exist.”

 

 

I turned around to see Taehyung with a few others that looked like someone close to him staring at me. His parents, I guess. “Oh my!” the woman said,” Taehyung, your friend looks quite lonely, come at my house for a happy meal. A beautiful lady like you shouldn’t be spending your time being sad in this New Year,” she said excitedly. “But—’’

 

 

 

 

“No buts, you must come with us!” she sternly said while smiling sweetly. “OFF TO THE VAN!” she cheered and, successfully dragged me to her van. “Don’t worry, we don’t bite,” said Taehyung. I entered the van and just go with the flow. I sat beside Taehyung and he patted my shoulder, assuring me that everything is going to be okay. When the time we arrived at his place, we got out of the car and the person who open the door of the house was a young adult, and it’s a beautiful woman.  “Finally, I’m starving,” she said. “Actually, you starved all the time,” Taehyung retorted back. “Come here you toot!” she yell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter