a heart to mend (2/2)

a heart to mend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He came to meet you?” Sehun exclaimed making people turn their heads.

“Shhh, calm down.” Minseok said, shushing him.

“You know the number of times he’s said that and never acted upon it? Ah, I am proud of him.” Sehun said, happily.

“After six years? What’s the point?” Minseok sighed.

“Hyung…I understand that he hurt you but…things were a little different back then. You also know that. Don’t you want to give him a chance?” Sehun asked.

“I don’t know, Sehun-ah. I really don’t know.” Minseok replied.  

“Hyung, tell you what? How about we all have dinner together? Kris hyung is also flying in tonight. And we can invite Luhan hyung too. We’ll have a party! Please don’t say no!” Sehun requested, pouting.

“I don’t know if that’s a good-“

“Hyung, please! C’mon!” Looking at the younger boy’s pout, he caved in and gave a nod. “Yes! Thank you hyung! I’ll call up Tao and let him know. Nine o’clock, our place!” Sehun said as he started walking out. Minseok waved back to his friend and sighed. He would have to ask Miyagi or John to over time a little.

He had to decide to what to wear.

 

 

Minseok had already started drinking. It was all out of nervousness.

“Are you sure you want to be drunk, even before he comes?” Kris questioned him.

“I’m not drunk.” He said, taking another sip of his vodka and lime. “Not yet.”

“It can’t be that bad.” Kris said, tilting his head a little.

“Oh, you don’t know how bad it can be.” Minseok said, gulping down his entire drink, feeling a slight burn in his throat.

“Whoa there hyung, go slow on the drinks, will you?” Chanyeol said, popping from behind.

“Go die, you guys.” Minseok muttered, going to get another drink.

No, he was not an alcoholic. But when he was nervous and there were drinks available. He might drink a little too much. Everyone was very aware of that. It was a fact.

It was already ten thirty and there was no sign of Luhan. Maybe he wasn’t coming after all. Good. That’s how it should be. If things didn’t work out six years ago, how could they now? I mean, what had change-

A door bell, interrupted Minseok’s thought flow.

Sehun gave Minseok an excited smile and went to attend the door. He felt like he was going to pass out.

“Ah hyung! Come in, come in, everyone is already here!” He heard Sehun say.

“I am so sorry, there was a lot of traffic and I got caugh-“ Luhan got stuck mid-sentence when he saw Minseok sitting on the couch, not meeting his gaze.

“You got caugh-? What?” Tao teased, with a small smirk.

“I’m sorry, what?” Luahn asked, no longer remembering what he was saying, everyone around them laughed making him blush.

Minseok’s nerves were going berserk as he saw Luhan approaching him.

“Hey”

“Hello.” He replied to the doe eyed man.

“So, how are you?” He asked.

“I’m alright.” Minseok replied, averting his eyes.

“Minseok-“

“Oh look, I need another drink!” Minseok announced. He wasn’t ready for this. He couldn’t sit there and talk with Luhan like nothing ever happened!

“Psst, Tao.” He whispered to the blonde who was conversing with Chen.

“What is it hyung?” He asked.

“Do you have something stronger than that?” He asked pointing at the vodka on the table.

“Uh…I have some tequila but I don’t know if Sehun..”

“Be a good doengsang and give me some of it.” Minseok pleaded. Tao looked very unsure but seeing the elders face, he caved in, telling him where the liquor was kept. Minseok thanked him and dashed for the kitchen. He opened the cabinet under the sink and took out the tequila. For some reason, three vodkas hadn’t been able to calm him, he was sure this would do the trick. He uncorked the cap and after checking if he was out of sight, without giving a second thought he gulped down the brown liquid, not even bothering to get a glass. The drink burned his throat but he ignored the feeling and went on. He put down the bottle and was surprised to see he had got down half of it. He gave a light giggle. Oops. Tao entered the kitchen, immediately regretting his decision.

“Hyung!” He hissed.

“Tao!” Minseok replied, keeping the bottle on the counter.

“Oh god, please tell me you didn’t drink all of that!” He whined.

“I didn’t drink all of that.” Minseok said stoically.

“Really?” Tao asked, looking a little relieved.

“No.” Minseok said, giving out a loud laugh.

“Oh god, this isn’t good. Sehun will kill me.” Tao said, pacing.

“Hey! I am a grown man. I can take care of myself!” He said, with a pout.

“Okay hyung. Maybe one of us should get you home.” Tao suggested.

Before Tao could decide what else to do, he saw Minseok strolling into the living room; he almost let out a yelp and followed the elder. Drunk Minseok was the complete opposite of normal M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter