a heart to mend (1/2)

a heart to mend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He lay in the dark room curled into a ball. He knew this was coming. He had been trying to prepare himself mentally as well, but he kept pushing the thing away till the last minute. He wished he had not done that now. In fact he was the first person to know about the whole thing. Of course, he'd been supportive. He had become good at pretending in the past few years. So he had smiled and told him he'd support him no matter what, after all they were best friends. But after seeing his Instagram update, he broke a little inside. They had had a meeting with their manager who explained them everything. Sehun had sat their sniffling with Tao running a hand on his back soothingly. When he saw that the thought that came into his mind was that, he would never experience that anymore with Luhan. Lay had sat their nodding his head. Lay also was aware of it from before. Baekhyun sat there with his head hung low while Kyungsoo remained emotionless. Chen had buried his head in his hands and cried, with Kai comforting him. Chanyeol sat beside him, sighing at everything their manager was saying. Junmyeon kept up his facade of being okay and trying to be strong for everyone. But Minseok knew that was not the case.  He knew that probably after their meeting their leader had gone to his room and cried his eyes out. They were all tired and upset. They never expected this. Well at least not a month back! Another member leaving after Kris's departure which was just four months back.

To be honest, Minseok was angry. But he would never say that to him, because he was a good friend. He was his best friend.

"Minseok hyung? Dinner's ready, you coming?" Baekhyun’s voice from outside asked.

"N-no. Not hungry." He replied, realising how awful his voice was sounding.

"Hyung you really should eat." Baekhyun said, sounding worried.

"I'm fine Baekhyun." He replied, trying to compose himself. He heard the younger boy sighing and leaving.

And that's exactly when he broke down. His shoulders shuddered and he choked out a sob, and quickly put a hand over his mouth. The last thing he wanted was the other boys to find out he was sitting and bawling in his room he had once shared with Luhan. He looked at the empty bed on the other side of the room. But that bed was barely used anyway. They slept spooning in the same bed, pressed against each other, with the younger pressing soft kisses on Minseok's nape.

He heard his phone vibrate. He knew who the message would be from.

From: lu-ge

i've reached home, take care my baozi. saranghe ^-^<3

He stared at his phone screen. His heart felt heavy and his stomach was churning. All the unsaid things just kept on playing on his mind…all the things that would go on in his head when he'd see Luhan's bright smile, beaming at him.

'I love you, so much. All I want is to be by your side, forever.'

Tears flowed harder when he remembered all the soft whispers and the gentle kisses they'd exchange at night.

Even after all of it, he never said anything. He never gained enough courage to say it out loud even though he is sure that Luhan knows what he feels through his affectionate stares and lingering touches. But he never said it. It only broke his heart more.

He was furiously rubbing his eyes when he heard his phone ring. His heart race quickened when he heard the familiar ringtone. Should he pick up? Should he ignore the call? But if he didn't pick up, Luhan would think that he was mad at him. He hesitated but after the third ring he picked up the call with shaky hands.

"H-hello?" he said, flinching when he heard his cracked voice.

"Baozi?" he heard Luhan's voice say to the other end.

He took a deep breathe, trying to compose himself.

"Lu-ge? Annyong."

"What? Deleted my number already?" Luhan says, with a chuckle that made his stomach tighten.

"Oh, no, of course not. I wouldn't even think of it." He replied, taking short breathes.

"So, I've reached back home. And I just wanted to know...if everything is okay?" Luhan asked.

"Um, yeah, everything is fine." He said, trying to sound calm, and pinching the bridge of his nose to prevent the tears from leaking.

"Minseok?" Luhan said gently worry laced in his voice, immediately making him lose all the calmness he had gathered, and bursting into tears.

"Minseok? Xiumin? A-are you crying?" Luhan asked, sounding extremely concerned.

"Anniyo, I'm okay Luhan. Don't worry about me. I'm fine." he croaked out.

"Xiumin...is it-is it because of me? Are you upset..." He heard him take a deep breathe "Becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter