The Storm

For Better or For Worst

Profanities. Pictures not mine, credits to the owner.

I know nothing about pregnancy so fogive me me if anything that I wrote here is wrong.

 


 

Sehun ruffled his hair as he sorted out all the paperworks. With all the things going on with his life right now, every little thing seem to piss him off.

He saw a particular paper that made him froze. 

What was he suppose to feel? Angry? Anxious? What?

 

 

Name: Kang Daesung

Age: 25

 

Filed a case against younger brother, Kang Seungyoon. Said case is about a property inherited by Kang Daesung from their deceased parents. Kang Seungyoon claimed that the property was his while Kang Daesung said that according to the last will and testament of his parents, the property was his. 

 

Name: Kang Minzy

Age: 20

 

Wife of Kang Daesung. Filed a case against a harassment case against Kang Daesung's younger brother, Kang Seungyoon. Claimed to have been ually harassed by Kang Seungyoon to force her to give the property to him.

 

Sehun massaged his temples. He didn't think that winning a simple case - or so he thought -  would cause so much troubles to his family.

His phone rang and he picked it up.

-o-o-o-

"What?" He growled at the phone, not exactly having the best mood.

"Woah, man. What's got your in a twist?" The person in the phone laughed.

"I don't have enough time to chitchat, Kai. What do you need?"

"I just wanna ask if you've know a new club I can hang out tonight?"

"Won't you spend your time with Kyungsoo hyung for once?"

"Hahaha very funny, dude. No."

"Kai, treasure your wife while you still have him."

"Psh, I wouldn't lose him. Even if I did, I would just be happy and free."

"I can't do anything about you. But don't say I didn't warn you."

"Whatever."

"I know a new club that opened up downtown named Panver."

"Really? Thanks."

-o-o-o-

Sehun shook his head. Kai's lucky to have a wife like Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is loving, caring, and stays with him even if all Kai ever did was hurt him. Kai shoud really treasure him before he thinks of running away. After all, everyone grows tired.

He nearly jumped out of his seat when the door suddenly opened, revealing his lovely wife, Luhan.

"Hunnie!" Luhan beamed at him, as always.

'Will you still be smiling like that tomorrow, Luhan?' Sehun thought sadly

"Neh?" Sehun smiled back at him.

What he's saying and doing in front of Luhan is very different from what he's feeling and thinking about. While he's very calm, composed and carefree on the outside, his heart is is beating loudly in his chest, wanting to savor every moment he have with Luhan, while his mind was in chaos and telling him that what he's gonna do is the right thing to do. It's like their was an inner battle between his heart and his mind and he chose to follow his mind.

Luhan sat on his lap and frowned deeply, "I know you're good friends with Kai but can't you tell him to treat Kyungsoo more nicely? The poor soul dosen't even want to file a case against him because Kyungsoo cares for him so much. When I saw him, he looks like a maid or something, not a wife nor an heir of the most famous restaurants."

Sehun smiled inwardly. Luhan really cares so much for his friends.

"I actually told him that minutes ago but Kai is really hard-headed. He wouldn't listen."

"Geez, I really wanna strangle him! Arghhhh!" Luhan screamed in frustration slamming his hand on the table.

"Lu, calm down." Sehun whispered which seemed to work.

"I...I just" 

"Know what, I think you're tired. Have some sleep, neh?" Sehun asked gently

"But, what about you?"

"I'm finishing some work here. Don't worry, I'll follow after you." 

Luhan nodded hesitantly before standing up and kissing Sehun's cheek. He made his way out of the room with one last glance before walking toward their bedroom.

Sehun sighed. He picked a picture of Luhan and him displayed on his desk.

After 30 minutes, Sehun decided that it was time to go back to their bedroom. 

"Sehun?" He heard Luhan whisper.

"Hmm?" He got under the covers and hugged Luhan tightly.

"Saranghae" Was all Luhan said before leaving kisses on Sehun's neck.

"Saranghae." Sehun groaned as he let Luhan do that. Then he changed their positions so he was on top of Luhan. He kissed him passionately and they made love that night.

The night that Luhan would last see Sehun.

'Luhan-ah, would you forgive me? Don't ever forget me, I'll always be by your side. No matter what.'

 


 

 

Luhan woke up feeling nothing beside him. He looked around the room for his husband but he can't find him.

"Sehun?" He called aloud but only silence answered him.

He stood up, remembering that he was , he went to the closet and put on some boxers and a sando then went to his husband's office.

There was something odd that Luhan noticed in the closet though. The clothes seemed to.... lessen.

He knocked on the door but as expected he only heard silence. He opened the door to find the office... empty.

As in nothing. No things on the table. No paperworks. No pictures. No Sehun.

He opened the drawers one by one but he didn't see anything, not even a note. He ran back to their room and opened the closet once again, to find that most of Sehun's clothes were gone.

Luhan's tears fell as he concluded one thing. Sehun left him.

He couldn't understand why. Yesterday, they were so happy, what happened? Why did Sehun leave?

But there's one thing that Sehun had left him. It was one of their Polaroid pictures, with Sehun's writing at the side.

Babyyyy, Saranghaeeee!

~Sehunnie

 

"Sehun-ah. Where are you?" Luhan sobbed.

 


 

Luhan vomitted for the second time that day. Tears were running down his cheeks as he continued emptying out his stomach. 

After he washed his mouth, he sat down on his bed and just stared at his and Sehun's picture. He caressed the picture before calling Baekhyun.

-o-o-o-

 

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Baekhyun-ah?"

"Oh! Luhan-hyung! Where have you been? I was so worried! Are you sick?!"

"I think I am, Baek. Can you tell Ms. Im that I can't go to the school today?"

"Sure hyung! I'm sorry I can''t visit you right now, I have an appointment after I get out from the school."

"It's fine Baek."

"Ok. Get well soon, hyung!"

"Yeah. Thanks!"

 

-o-o-o-

 

Luhan decided that since he can't go to school today, might as well try to clean the house.

However, at the bottom of the stairs, his vision suddenly went dark and he grabbed the wall, waiting for his vision to go back.

But it only became worse. And soon, Luhan succumbed into the darkness.

 


 

"Annyeonghasaeyo!" Kyungsoo greeted Kai's parents with a big smile.

"Kyungsoo-ah!" Kai's mom, Kim Jinah hugged Kyungsoo warmly.

"Oh, Kyungsoo! Kai!" Kai's dad, Kim Jongkyu greeted them with a warm smile and a wave.

In front of Kai's parents, Kyungsoo acted as if nothing bad happened to him. As if Kai hadn't abused him.

Kai just nodded at his parents before taking a seat. Kyungsoo followed, seating beside him.

"Kai! You didn't even pull Kyungsoo's chair for him!" Jinah scolded

"Mianhe" Kai said, half-heartedly.

"Ani, gwenchana Jinah imo." Kyungsoo said as he smiled.

Kai mentally rolled his eyes. Such a show-off.

"So, how are the two of you doing?" Jinah asked. Kyungsoo knew she was asking if he was pregnant but sadly, Kai's disgusted to go all the way with Kyungsoo.

"We're fine, imo. Just... busy. I mean, Jongin's busy with his dance to teach his students while I'm busy learning all about our company." Kyungsoo winced as Kai pinched him for saying Jongin instead of Kai.

He quickly removed Kai's hand from his arm and rubbed the sore spot. With the strength Kai used to pinch him, it was sure that it will leave a bruise in his arm.

"I see" Jinah said, disappointment in her voice.

"Well, son, I guess you need to lend some time for your wife. We're not getting any younger, Kai. I wanna see little Kai's or little Kyungsoo's running around." Jongkyu said.

Kai nodded carelessly. The waiter brought the food Jinah and Jongkyu ordered for the four of them and Kyungsoo decided to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Jongkyu samchon, Jinah imo, I heard that the newly built EXO Hotel and Restaurant was a huge hit." Kyungsoo beamed as he began to slice his steak. Meanwhile, Kai started drinking the wine while eating.

"Oh, yeah! We need to hire more workers soon as 100 workers cannot accomodate all the people coming!" Jinah said excitedly. Kyungsoo smiled as he got her out of her gloomy aura. 

"It's all thanks to you, Kyungsoo. Thank you for accepting the marriage and merging the Kim Hotels and the Do Restaurants." Jongkyu said

"Ani, it's all fine. After all, because of that I get to be with the man I love, right Jongin?" Kyungsoo turned towards Kai and looked at him.

"Yeah. I got the most beautiful wife in the world." Kai pulled Kyungsoo closer to him and whispered, "You're dead."

Jinah squealed at them before Kyungsoo went back to his original position. He hoped Kai's not gonna beat him that hard. He still have to go to their restaurants to learn new recipes and the staffs and Kyungsoo's parents will surely ask where he got that bruises.

After the dinner, Kyungsoo and Kai bid goodbye to Jinah and Jongkyu and boarder Kai's car. The ride home was silent but not even a second after Kyungsoo opened the front door of their house, Kai slammed him onto the door.

Kyungsoo nervously met his gaze and found something odd. Kai was glaring at him but something about his gaze was odd. His eyes are a deeper color of black and his breathing was heavy.

" Kyungsoo, you're really desperate huh? You wanna get into my pants that bad?"

"W-what?" Kyungsoo was confused. What is Jongin thinking about? And this is the first time he heard Jongin calling him by his first name and not by his nickname, D.O.

"Oh, don't act like you're innocent now, Kyungsoo. Dressing like that, trying to seduce me. Do you want to carry my child so bad for me not to leave you? That was a low one, Kyungsoo." Kai smirked.

WHAT?! Kyungsoo wanna shout at Kai for thinking of the wrong thing. He was just wearing a simple shirt and pants! Nothing about his outfit was meant to seduced Kai and for 's sake, in the 5 years they were married, he never once thought of seducing Kai! 

Then everything clicked in Kyungsoo's head. Kai was drunk. Why didn't he think of it sooner?! Kai drank a lot of wine and Kyungsoo thanked the heavens that they didn't get in a car accident on the way here.

"No Jongin! I never-" Kyungsoo was silenced when he felt Kai's lips on his. He froze and he didn't know what to do.

"Well then, I'll grant your wish. I'll you so hard you wouldn't be able to walk for a week but that's the first and last time I'll ever touch you." Kai said.

"Jongin! Don't!--" He was once again cut off when Kai forcefully kissed him. Kyungsoo tried pushing him away and hitting his shoulder but Kai was more stronger than him. He put Kyungsoo's arms up to stop his attempts of escaping.

Kai then broke the kiss and carried Kyungsoo over his shoulders. "JONGIN! PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT KIM JONGIN! DON'T EVEN THINK OF DOING THAT!" Kyungsoo shouted as he tried to escape.

Kai opened the bedroom door and locked it. Then he threw Kyungsoo harshly on the bed. 

"Arghh." Kyungsoo clutched his arm as he fell on the bed. Before he can get out of the bed however, a shirtless Kai took ahold of him and pushed him and he fell again.

Kai then left trails of kisses on his neck. He bit and and kissed Kyungsoo's neck leaving purple marks on it.

"S-stop." Kyungsoo whispered. Everything hurt. His body, and most importantly, his heart hurts.

Kai stopped but he didn't release Kyungsoo. He just tightened his grip on him even more.

"Please. Just let me love you tonight." Kai whispered against Kyungsoo's neck.

Kai looked at him and he could see sadness and love in Kai's eyes. He then lowered his face and kissed him gently. Kyungsoo responded now and the rest was history.

They made love until it was 3:00 AM in the morning. And as they reached their last for the night - or day - Kyungsoo wished he hadn't gave in to Kai.

"Saranghae.... Naeun"

 


 

Two weeks after what had happened between Kai and Kyungsoo, the latter distanced himself from the former, not like Kai cared. Even though Kai always brought flings alone and s with them, he knew they were just flings. Nothing more. But when Kyungsoo heard Kai say saranghae, his heart soared in happiness but it was cut soon though when he heard the name. 

Kai mistook Kyungsoo as someone else. And that hurt like a . 

Sure he was patient and understanding but how can he not be hurt and tired of chasing Kai when it was clear that this marriage has no purpose. Kai was never gonna love him. Kai didn't even remember the night where everything crashed down for Kyungsoo.

"D.O!" He heard Kai call

Kyungsoo went upstairs to their bedroom and asked what was wrong.

"I'm going out. Lock the door and don't let anyone in unless it's your friends." Kai said as he arranged his outfit.

Kyungsoo just nodded and walked with him downstairs. After Kai left, he locked the door and went through all the paperworks that he needed to complete. Kyungsoo was studying of how the business world works. When his parents retire, he would take over the Restaurant Business.

His stomach suddenly growled and he took a break from all the paperworks before going to the kitchen. He opened the refridgerator and took out his favorite kimchi spaghetti. 

However, when he opened the lid, the smell invaded his nose and he quickly ran to the sink to release the contents of his stomach. When he finished, he washed and wiped his mouth as he took in a deep breath. Kimchi spaghetti would have to wait then.

He just took an apple and sliced it before going back to the living room to finish the paperworks.

The night came and Kyungsoo just finished all the paperworks and was about to go upstairs when the front door suddenly opened, revealing a tipsy Kai.

He quickly went to his side and tried to help him but Kai pushed him away.

"You! You are the reason why I'm in misery!" Kai suddenly went over to him and pulled his hair.

"J-jongin! That h-hurts!" Kyungsoo tried to take Kai's hand off of his hair but his grip was too strong.

"Naeun. N-naeun left me because of you! If y-you hadn't come to my life, our life, then I would still be h-happy! Y-you ruined my l-life!" Kai said as he punched Kyungsoo.

"Remember this, Do Kyungsoo. You'll never be Kim Kyungsoo. You'll never be my wifeeeee!" Kai slurred at the end of his sentence before passing out.

Kyungsoo carried him upstairs and took off his jacket before laying him down on the bed. Then, he sighed deeply as he was tired out of the events that happened.

Not only tonight. But all his life, he's been tired of chasing Kai over and over.

"Maybe it's time to give up." He thought as he cried himself to sleep.

 


 

Kyungsoo awoke at around 4:00 AM to go to the bathroom. To empty out his stomach again.

He was starting to notice some of the symptoms that's happened to him. 

He was always having a wave of nausea. He was passing out/blacking out a couple of times yesterday. He was craving for certain foods that would normally disgust him. He was also having incredibly high mood swings. Then he was very tired even though he almost did nothing every day.

Something that indicates that someone is pregnant.

He took out a hidden pregnancy test from the medicine box. He peed on a disposable cup then dipped the test there. He set a timer of five minutes on his phone and waited in silence as to not wake Kai up.

His phone beeped and he turned off the timer before he took a deep breath, preparing himself for the result.

He took the test out before throwing the disposable cup and looking back at the pregnancy test.

And his eyes widened even more when he saw the test.

Because oh 

He's pregnant.

 


 

"One Americano please."

"Americano coming up!" Xiumin said with a smile on his face.

As he prepared the coffee, he glanced at the long line of customers. It looks like Kyungsoo's family would have too add more workers as the restaurant was getting more and more popular.

"Thank you! Come again!" He said as he handed the order to the customer.

After 1 hour or so, Xiumin was up to the last customer of the night. His cheekbones hurt already from smiling but it's okay, as long as everyone is happy with his service, he wouldn't care if he had to keep on smiling the whole day.

"What can I get you, sir?" Xiumin asked

"How about...you?" The boy said looking straight at Xiumin.

Xiumin squirmed under his intense stare. That's what he hates, people like this guy tend to harass everybody because they think they're the king of the world.

"Uhm... Sorry sir, but I'm not available." Xiumin said.

It has a double meaning. It means he's not in the menu and he's off-limits. It's up to the boy how to interpret it but the two meanings clearly say that it's a rejection.

"Oh come on! Don't act as if you're hard-to-get. What do you want? Money? I can give it to you."

"Didn't you hear what he said sir? He said that he's off-limits, so please stay away from my wife." Chen suddenly appeared out of nowhere and placed his hands on Xiumin's shoulder. The contact made Xiumin blush.

"Tsk. I'll have espresso." The guy said glaring at Chen. Chen just smirked back and never left Xiumin's side while he was preparing the coffee.

Xiumin glanced at his back and saw the guy staring at his behind while Chen kept glaring at him. When he finally finished the coffee, he handed it to the guy.

"Thank you for coming! Come again!" He said as he forcefully smiled.

The guy mumbled something before smirking at Xiumin and leaving the place. Xiumin sighed, what a tiring day.

"Xiumin!" 

He turned around to see their manager, Victoria waving at him to come.

"Neh?" He asked

"I'll just tell you that you don't have to work overtime tonight."

"Eh? Why?"

"I'll close the restaurant early, plus Chen asked me to let you off the hook just for tonight."

'I-i see. Ok, annyeong!"

"Annyeong! Take care!"

Xiumin changed out of his work clothes and went out of the restaurant to find Chen leaning on the wall beside the door, waiting for him.

"Let's go." Chen said as he lead the way to their car. Xiumin just followed him quietly. He had a bad feeling about what would happen.

When they arrived in the house, they put off their jackets and shoes. Xiumin made a step to go upstairs but Chen's hand prevented him from doing so.

"You. Me. Talk." Chen said before dragging him onto the couch.

When they were seated face to face, Xiumin just kept his head down, not wanting to face Chen's glare.

"Kim Minseok. Look at me." Xiumin looked at him because Chen's tone clearly stated that he did not want to be disobeyed.

"I think you need to stop working." Chen said.

"WHAT?!" Xiumin shouted. He was in shock that Chen would tell him to stop working. His only dream was to work as a barista and now his husband is telling him to stop living in his dream.

"It's for the better." Chen answered, not even flinching at the glare Xiumin was giving him.

"But Chen! You know that that is my only dream! Stop being selfish!" Xiumin by now stood up and shouted.

"I'm being selfish?! Tell me, who's not capable of being pregnant? Who's not capable of giving me a child!?" Chen shouted back.

Xiumin fell quiet and his head turned towards the floor. So it was this issue huh? The issue of him not being pregnant.

Chen felt guilty when he saw Xiumin's shoulder shake from trying to hide his sobs. He walked closer to the elder and hugged him but Xiumin pushed him away.

"NO! I HATE YOU! GET AWAY FROM ME!" Xiumin said through his tears. He hated crying. He hated how he appeared weak.

Chen pulled him into his chest though and trapped him in his arms. No matter how hard Xiumin pushed, he can't because he's crying hard and Chen's grip on him was strong.

"Shh, I'm sorry Min. I'm sorry. Don't cry ok?" Chen continued to rub circles into Xiumin's back, calming him down.

When he calmed down a bit, Chen cupped his face making him look directly into Chen's eyes.

"I love you, ok?" Chen said

"I love you too" Xiumin replied before Chen closed the distance between the two of them.

And what happened that night made Xiumin feel loved all over again. Like all along, he still has his husband. 

 


 

Xiumin scoffed when someone tried to flirt with him again today. That's the 5th time somebody tried to ask for his number and really, he wasn't in the mood to smile and try to wave them off.

"Hey, you ok?" Boa asked

"Not really, noona. I think I'm sick. I feel terrible." Xiumin replied, sighing

Boa touched his neck and forehead. "You're not sick. But maybe you should go to the doctor to know what's wrong with you. I'll take over for you." Boa smiled

"Ani, I'm fine." Xiumin insisted but Boa was having none of it.

"Victoria!" Boa called theri manager who immediately came over.

"What's the matter?" Victoria asked

"Can Xiumin go home early today? He needs to go to the hospital because he feels terrible. Maybe the doctor can identify what's wrong with him." Boa explained

"No! I'm really fine." Xiumin said but he was ignored by the two ladies.

"Oh really? Go to the hospital now Xiumin! I can't have one of my friends and workers sick can I? Especially since you are a better barista than that girl, Shin Minjoo." Victoria said as she and Boa ushered Xiumin into the locker rooms and gave him his clothes before leaving.

Xiumin sighed and decided that maybe they're correct and he needs to go see a doctor to see what's wrong with him. He changed out of his work clothes and when he got out of the locker rooms, he saw Amber looking at him worriedly.

"Hey. Heard you were sick. Are you ok?" Amber asked

"Yeah. Victoria and Boa noona just exaggerated but I think I'll go to the hospital. Can you tell Chen that I'm going home early?"

"Yeah sure. Take care oppa!" Amber waved and Xiumin waved back before walking out of the restaurant.

After he rode a taxi to the hospital, he paid the driver and walked in. He walked to the front desk and asked, "Excuse me, but is there a doctor still available?"

"Yes, sir. What's your reason of going here sir?" The lady asked

"Um, I feel sick. I'm here to know what's the reason why I feel sick." Xiumin answered.

"I see. Dr. Cho is available right now. You can go to room 304." The lady smiled

Xiumin smiled back and thanked her.

When he got to Room 304, he knocked and he heard a soft "Come in".

He got into the room and the doctor greeted him.

"Hello Mr. Kim. I'm Dr. Cho Sungmin." The doctor named Sungmin said.

Xiumin bowed and introduced himself.

"So, what's wrong?" Sungmin asked

"Well, lately I feel very tired. I also feel very sick but it seems that I don't really look sick. Can I know what's wrong with me?" Xiumin asked

"Oh, sure. Let's do some tests and you can find out what's wrong." Sungmin smiled before doing some tests.

After doing tests, Xiumin chatted with Sungmin while waiting for the results of the tests. He found out that Sungmin was the wife of a famous cardiologist, Dr. Cho Kyuhyun. He also found out that Sungmin is an obstetrician, a doctor who specialized in pregnancy, but sometimes he did other things like checking up people who are sick like Xiumin.

"Oh! It seems like the results are here!" Sungmin said as he stood up and got the papers from a nurse.

Xiumin waited anxiously while Sungmin looked at all the test results. Then Sungmin's face brightened up.

"Well, Mr. Kim. Congratulations! It seems that you're pregnant!"Sungmin beamed at him.

Xiumin blinked at him, unable to believe what he said.

"Uhm, aren't you mistaken, Dr. Cho? I mean I'm married for 8 years but I've never been pregnant ever since." Xiumin said.

"Oh, some people really have their pregnancy late. You're pregnancy is still early because I've had a patient who's been married for 15 years but only after those 15 years was he able to concieve." Sungmin said

Xiumin finally smiled and some tears made their way past through. He can't believ it, he was pregnant!

"Aww, don't cry Xiumin! It may be bad for the baby! Anyways, I'll prescribe you some of the medicines that will help you all through out your pregnancy. I suggest you come here every month for a monthly check-up. Don't work too much so you won't have stress. After all, the first 2 months of pregnancy is still at risk, you can have a miscarriage if you're not careful. If you hit the 4th month mark, I suggest you to stop working so you wouldn't have any accidents." Sungmin explained as he wrote down the prescribed medicine for Xiumin.

"I'll keep it in mind, Dr. Cho. Thank you." Xiumin bowed

"Oh no need to call me Dr. Cho. Just Sungmin." Sungmin said.

"Ok. Sungmin." Xiumin smiled as he bid goodbye.

After walking out of the room, a few tears escaped Xiumin's eyes again and he smiled while wiping his tears. Finally, he was able to concieve! Chen would be so happy!

 


 

Xiumin came home to a very messy house. Clothes were scattered everywhere and worse, there were girl's clothes.

His heart pounded as he thought of the possible explanation of all this mess. Chen.

He went upstairs and the nearer he was in their bedroom, the more his heart broke.

He heard moans and groans coming from their closed bedroom door. And he was not content in hearing that, he opened the door to find out the reason behind those. Gosh, he was such a masochist.

He found his ing husband. On their ing bed. ing some ing blonde bimbo.

He slowly closed the door and went out of their house. How can he be so stupid? Of course, Chen would get tired of him! But would Chen want the child he was carrying?

He slowly walked away from their house, tears running down his cheeks, not minding the curious looks he got from the people he passed by.

He knew Chen was cheating on him but why didn't he go and stopped them? Why did he let them continue what they were doing? Why did he still feel a pang on his chest?

How can Chen do this to him? It's so unfair. He was here, loyal and loving to his husband but Chen, he was unfaithful. Xiumin was not even sure if Chen still loved him. If Chen stayed with him because he still loved him or he only stayed with Xiumin because he felt like it was his responsibility.

Xiumin laughed bitterly. 

That's what he is right now. A ing responsibility. Right.

But Xiumin decided. Maybe this would be the last time Chen would do that. Maybe.

But he knew it was only stupid dreaming. Of course, it's not the last time.

Xiumin found himself standing in front of the house of his best friend and ringing the doorbell.

The door opened and he came face to face with a replica of himself. Blood-shot tired eyes and a runny nose.

"Luhan..."

 


 

Yeeahh. So this is only the Part 1. It's so long that I had to cut it into two parts.

~PandaLover11