Glimpse

For Better or For Worst

Sehun was a stalker.

"YAH YAH! DON'T STEP ON MY FLOWERS, IDIOTS!"

He softly smiled. At least Luhan was getting more weight now. He certainly got nervous when he stepped inside their house and found Luhan slumped on the ground, near their stairs. Until now, his Luhan thinks it was Xiumin who helped him.

*Kring kring*

"."

He answered the phone, dreading the outcome of this phone call.

{Lawyer Oh, long time no talk.}

No answer. Sehun just let the other man talk.

{Not talking, eh? Would you like to know what we're planning to do to your husband?}

"W-what?!"

The man chuckled. {It was a wise move you made. Staying away from him. But unless you do what we want, your husband's still in danger.}

"What?! But you--"

And Sehun found himself talking to no one, the beep on the phone indicating that the person on the other side hang up.

" it!"

 


 

Kai was confused.

He was sitting in front of the television, watching a drama that he would usually hate. He doesn't know why but he remembers how Kyungsoo watches this drama intensely, and he misses it.

He scowled. What are you talking about Kim Jongin? Get ahold of yourself.

 

[Flashback]

 

"D.Ooooo!~ *Hiccup*" Kai slurred, slamming his bag on the couch. He frowned when no one answered him. "Yaaaah! *Hiccup* Slu-uut where are y--ou!?" 

After 5 minutes of calling and having no one answer, Kai gave up on trying to search for Kyungsoo, staggering with much difficulty up the stairs and to his bedroom.

As expected, there was a glass of water along with medicine that helps with hangovers and headache. He immediately took the medicine and sat on the bed, trying to rid himself of the alcohol. When he deemed himself okay, he stood up to search for his husband.

"D.O! Where the are you? I swear I'm gonna punish you if you don't come out this instance!" He shouted, marching to his husband's bedroom.

Swinging the door open, Kai's mouth fell in shock as he saw the clean - too clean - bedroom. No Kyungsoo, no clothes, no things scattered in the desk. The bed is clean, looking untouched. The drawers have been emptied out. The desk looked empty without Kyungsoo's things and there were no pictures hanging on the wall nor placed in the desk.

 

It's as if Kyungsoo never existed in this house.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

Kai sighed and twisted the ring that's been hanging around his ring finger lately. He doesn't know why he started wearing it ever since Kyungsoo left. He should be happy...right?

He ruffled his already messy hair and glared at the ring. He made a move to take it off when he remembered Kyungsoo's happy face when he made him wear the ring on their wedding day. Kyungsoo gave him a genuine smile, eyes turning into crescents.

"ARGHHH!" He threw this pillow he was hugging on the floor and glared at it like it was responsible for all of his miseries. "This is so annoying!" He threw the ring next. "I'm never gonna wear you again."

 

Kai spent the rest of the afternoon crouched, searching for his wedding ring. 

 


 

Chen was nervous.

He nibbled his thumb as he checked his phone. No texts, no calls, nothing. Xiumin just disappeared.

Everyone would be in chaos once they find out, and it's only a matter of time before they will. Xiumin's been missing for 3 weeks now. Chen is worried. He's losing his mind, trying to figure out where the hell has his husband disappeared to.

He should report this to the police but it will get to Xiumin's parents. And hell, Chen's so scared of Xiumin's parents.

Xiumin's dad is a former actor, having many connections, even to the underground world. He could get Chen beaten up by Seoul's largest mafia,  in a blink of an eye. The only reason he approved of their relationship is because he's known Chen his whole life. And he trusted him that he wouldn't hurt his precious Xiumin. He couldn't afford that. No.

He dialled the phone, his fingers almost memorizing the numbers he punched on the keypad for the past few weeks.

Hey it's Xiumin! I'm currently out right now, probably grocery shopping or whatnot, so just leave a message and I'll call you back!

As usual, it's been sent to voicemail. And Chen's hands trembled when he hears his wife's voice. It's so carefree, and happy, like nothing's wrong. But Chen had been a fool. Everything around him is fake. An act.

How could Xiumin act happy when he had been miserable the whole time? Of course, it must have been from the bloodline. His father's an actor after all. 

 

Actor or not, how could Chen not notice the deteriorating body and confidence of Xiumin?

 


 

Kris was disoriented.

He woke up with a splitting headache, , in his co-actor's flat. He sat up, groaning, trying to remember what had happened last night.

 

Party...Beer....Make out....Door....Flat....Bed...

 

Okay, he remembered now. He got drunk at the party the producers arranged for the successful filming of their movie. And, he just did it with his leading lady. He shook his head and stood up, collecting his clothes and walking to the bathroom.

Once inside, he slowly put on his clothes, regretting his actions last night. 

Tao is gonna kill me. He's gonna ing skewer my ty .

At least he wore last night, that should prevent her from getting pregnant. But that didn't cease the fact that he cheated on his Taozi. And when he checked his phone, which he had not checked since he went away after their vacation, was full of missed calls and messages from his worried wife.

Ha! You think of that now, after all those things you've done? His conscience said. 

Shut up. He replied.

He finished putting on his last article of cloth, got out of the bathroom, and slipped out of the flat. Today was a free day, and he decided to pay Tao a visit. It wouldn't hurt, right?

After disguising himself, he took off to their house. When he stepped down, the house was oddly dark, no lights at all. He panicked.

He opened the gate and door and let himself in. "TAO? TAO?!" He continued shouting when no one answered him. "TAO, WHERE ARE YOU?!" 

He slipped on a piece of paper, not seeing it after frantically searching for Tao. "Oww." He whined, rubbing his behind that's now aching from his hard fall. He glared at the piece of paper and picked it up, "Stupid paper."

 

Dear Xiong Mao* Tao,

I saw your husband with someone I know. Her name is Kim Hyuna, my ex-girl a... friend of mine. She works in the bar. I'm not trying to ruin your relationship or anything but I just wanted to let you know. I don't want you living in the dark, Tao. I care and love you so I don't want you to get hurt. I would've never reported this to you but I've been seeing them for 1 week now. I'm so sorry Tao. 

From your dearest cousin,

Jang Hyunseung

 

Kris paled.

 


 

Chanyeol was restless.

He haven't head from Baekhyun for a week, or was it two? Three? Four? He doesn't know. He's lost count of the days that Baekhyun's not here by his side.

He fired his secretary, who said sorry before disappearing, and hired a new one. He said his name was Youngjae. 

Youngjae was very pokerfaced and dedicated to his job. He handles most of Chanyeol's meetings for now, because Chanyeol's too busy looking for his missing wife.

He knows nothing about his secretary, except that he's very smart. It's not like he cares though, he's got more important things to do.

"Hello, this is Park Baekhyun, I'm busy right now~ I'm sorry~ I'll call you back when I get free~"

"Arghh!" Chanyeol screamed and threw his phone to the bed. It's always been like that, Baekhyun's voice greeting him whenever he calls him and his calls gets sent to voicemail.

"Where are you Baek?" He messed up his hair and sat on the floor, face buried in his hands. "I miss you so badly."

His phone vibrated, notifying him of a message, but he couldn't care less. His eyes were stuck on Baekhyun's photo on his phone. A lone tear dropped down his cheeks. 

"I miss you so much. I'm regretting my actions. Please come back to me. Please."

 


 

Suho was distracted.

He can't concentrate on the paper in front of him, his eyes always darting on his phone, hoping for it to vibrate and he would see a text or call from his husband.

Not only did he have a hard time clearing up the rumors that circulated the internet, he also had a hard time trying to find out where the hell is Lay. 

"Joy!" He called out to his secretary. A few moments later, his office door opened and in came the lovely girl. "Yes sir?"

He rubbed his temple, sighing deeply. "Can you postpone my meetings for today? I think I have a headache. I'm going home."

Joy nodded and bowed as Suho took his coat and suitcase, leaving the room with a tired smile directed to his secretary. 

He arrived in his house, expecting all the lights to be on and to be greeted by his husband's warm and loving arms. Yet, he arrived to a dark place, with no warmth inside. He would never get used to this. 

He dumped his things on the couch and hastily climbed the stairs up to his room. He collapsed on the bed after that, tired of everything. He reached for the promise ring in his bedside table, tears streaming down his face. How stupid he was to forget their anniversary.

He was so stupid for taking Lay for granted. And now, he's paying the price for it. 

He just wants his husband back in his arms.

Lay please, I'm sorry. Come back to me please.

 


 

*Xiong Mao - Panda

 

This is just a glimpse of the husbands' side! From now on, you won't be seeing their side for awhile so here it is! Sorry for not updating, stuff happens in the real world.

Anyway, follow me on twitter @zywrites to know new story ideas or new updates! You can also talk to me through there (and maybe persuade me to update)!