Their Lives

For Better or For Worst

So yeah. Profanities mentioned here.

Enjoy!

~PandaLover11

 


 

"Hunnieee!~" Luhan sang as he made his way to his husband's office in their house.

"Yes Lulu?" Sehun answered as he looked up from the papers he had on his hand.

Luhan pouted, "It's Saturday today and you're still working."

"Sorry. Work's a bit hectic nowadays."

"Anyways, Sehunnie, I'll go to Kyungsoo's house. I'll be back by lunch time at most." Luhan told

"Ah. Ok. Be careful on your way there, and be sure to be back by lunch time."

"Yes sir!" Luhan saluted before walking out of Sehun's office.

"I love youu!~" Luhan poked his head on the door 

Sehun chuckled, "I love you too"

Luhan beamed before skipping away leaving Sehun chuckling and shaking his head at his wife's aegyo.

Sehun's phone rang a few minutes after Luhan left and Sehun didn't bother to check the caller's name.

"Lawyer Oh speaking. How may I help you?"

{Laywer Oh.}

"Yes? What do you need?"

{Be careful Mr. Oh Sehun.}

"Be careful of what?" Sehun's brows furrowed.

{We told you to lose the case about the Kangs. But you didn't.}

"Who is this?!" 

{Oh, you don't need to know. Just be careful, something or better yet someone may be in danger because of you}

"WHO IS THIS!?"

{No need to get fired up, Lawyer Oh. Let's just say maybe you'll lose someone valuable, let's say your beautiful wife, Oh Luhan?} The man in the phone chuckled

"Don't ever go near him!" Sehun slammed his hand on his desk, gripping it until his knuckles turn white.

{We warned you Mr. Oh. We told you we'll hurt someone important to you if you don't lose the case about the Kangs but what did you do? You paid no attention to it.  Just know this, Oh Sehun. As long as you're near your lovely wife, Luhan, he will be in danger

" you! Stay away from Luhan! Don't even lay a finger on him or I swear!--" Sehun didn't finish his rant as the line went blank.

"!"

 


 

"Jongin..." Kyungsoo mumbled as he tried to wake up his husband

A hand came up and enclosed on Kyungsoo's throat tightening his grip.

"J-jongi-in I-i can-nt br-breat-the!" Kyungsoo tried to unclench the grip on his throat but the more he tried to, the more it tightened.

"I told you not to call me that." Kai darkly said

"I-i--" Kyungsoo tried before choking.

Kai released him and threw him on the floor.

"What the hell did you wake me up for?" Kai glared at his "wife" who disturbed his precious sleep.

'Psh. He'll never be my wife no matter what he does.' Kai thought.

"U-uhm, your pa-parents are com-coming for l-lunch tonight." Kyungsoo said, still gasping for air.

"So?" He asked lazily 

"Uhm, they wanted you to dress good because they said they have some news." Kyungsoo said, after catching his breath.

"Tsk." Kai said before throwing the pillow he's holding to Kyungsoo.

He went upstairs to change while Kyungsoo looked down, trying to hide the tears that are forming in his eyes.

Everyday. Every ing day, he gets this treatment. Kyungsoo was even lucky today, he only got that. Sometimes, it's more than that.

A punch or more. Kicking. Pulling of hair. ual harrasment.

But who is Kyungsoo to complain? He loves Jongin.

He can't find the heart to file a divorce paper because partly, if that happens, the company of his father will be bankrupt and he can't stomach the thought of Jongin being with someone else other than him.

Call him selfish but he dosen't care. He'll do anything for Jongin.

'You can do this, Kyungsoo.' Kyungsoo thought before wiping the tears in his eyes.

"D.O!!!" Kai called

"Uh, coming!" He dashed upstairs when Kai called. He knew he'll get a beating if he dosen't get upstairs immediately.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SHIRT?!" Kai yelled at him as he threw the said shirt at Kyungsoo's face.

The shirt has holes in it and Kyungsoo bit his lip.

"Uhm, when you came home the other night, it was already like that." Kyungsoo mumbled

"SO IT'S MY FAULT NOW, YOU LITTLE ?! YOU'RE SO USELESS! I DO ALL THE WORK AND YOU ONLY HAVE WORK ON FRIDAYS MEANING YOU HAVE 6 DAYS TO DO HOUSEHOLD CHORES BUT YOU CHOOSE TO BE LAZY! WHAT, I'M GONNA DO THE CHORES TOO AFTER I GET HOME FROM WORK?! HUH?! YOU USELESS PIECE OF TRASH! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT! EVEN SEEING YOU RIGHT NOW MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!" Kai screamed before harshly pushing Kyungsoo out of his room.

Kyungsoo went to his room and plopped down on his bed. He stared up the ceiling as he willed his tears to go away.

A tear slipped from his left eye but he was quick to wipe it away. However, more tears continued to fall and Kyungsoo just let them.

Is it wrong to love someone so much you gave them everything?

Is it wrong to fight for Jongin?

Is it wrong that he decided that whatever happens, he was not gonna file a divorce paper?

Is it wrong that Kyungsoo still loves Jongin so much even after Jongin hurts Kyungsoo so much?

The doorbell rang and Kyungsoo got up and wiped his tears for the second time that day.

He went downstairs and opened the door to see Luhan smiling up at him.

"Kyungieee~" Luhan sang as he hugged him

Kyungsoo chuckled and hugged the man back as he closed the door and led Luhan to the living room.

"Why are you here? Want some juice?" Kyungsoo asked

"Sehunnie's working and it's boring at home. Yes please, I would prefer if it's mango flavored." Luhan beamed

Kyungsoo laughed and nodded before making his way to the kitchen to prepare Luhan's juice.

He wouldn't admit it out loud but he envied Luhan so much.

Luhan's happily married with his husband Sehun who's nothing but adorable, kind and lovable.

Sometimes, Kyungsoo wished that he was Luhan. Luhan's beautiful, kind, tall, good singer and dancer and everything. 

Luhan also have a happy life. A loving husband. He's also very cheerful and .... carefree.

What about Kyungsoo?  His marriage life is ty and he's in love and married with an abusive, unkind and irritable husband by the name of Kim Jongin.

He was not beautiful like Luhan. Yes, maybe he's kind. He's also not tall. He's a bit of a good singer, as that is his job. He's not good at dancing and basically, he's only good at cooking and nothing else.

Kyungsoo sighed as he finished preparing Luhan's juice. He shook his head and willed the thoughts away.

"Here's your juice, Luhan" Kyungsoo told Luhan as he placed the juice in front of him.

"Thanks Kyungieee~" Luhan said

Kyungsoo just smiled and nodded.

"Kyung, why is your throat swollen?" Luhan asked seriously

"O-oh, that's nothing." Kyungsoo lied

Luhan looked at him disapprovingly, "It's Kai again?"

Kyungsoo looked at the floor, unable to answer his friend's question

"Kyungie, are you sure you don't want to file a complaint against your husband? I can make Sehunnie arrange the papers for you."

"I'm fine, Luhan. There's no need for that." Kyungsoo shook his head

Luhan looked unconvinced but he let that topic off and instead opened another topic.

"Oh look at the time! Sehunnie must be waiting for me! I need to go now, Kyung!" Luhan waved goodbye as he hugged his friend before dashing out the door

"Be careful Luhan!" Kyungsoo called after his friend.

Kyungsoo turned around only to be met with Kai's glare.

"U-uhm, do you need anything?" Kyungsoo said

"Get ready. Mom's gonna arrive in a few minutes. We had a change of plans and we're eating out instead." Kai said coldly

Kyungsoo nodded before heading for his bedroom.

 


 

"Chen!" Xiumin called

"Whaaat?!" Chen called back

"Boss said it's lunch time! I've packed a lunch, come on!" Xiumin said

"Ok! I'll come in a few minutes." Chen replied

Xiumin prepared the lunch on the table and smiled as he heard Chen's voice getting the order of a customer.

"Hey, lunch already for the two of you?" Someone tapped Xiumin's shoulder and he turned around to see Amber, their co worker

"Boss told us we could have lunch. Victoria's really kind." Xiumin replied

"Lucky you! Victoria's abusing me again! Makes me take lunch at 12:40!" Amber complained.

"That's still early. And come on, you know Victoria's just teasing you." Xiumin smiled

"Ugh, I swear she will be the death of me!" Amber frowned and Xiumin just smiled.

"Hey, what's happening here?" Chen asked 

"Nothing! Just telling my frustrations to Xiumin oppa!" Amber told him

Chen laughed and shook Amber's hair.

Amber frowned and hit Chen in the arm before waving goodbye at the couple.

Chen sat on the seat opposite Xiumin and they began eating in silence.

Xiumin dosen't know when this started but he vaguely remembers there was never a silent meal with Chen. But now, his meals with Chen are always silent. And it's not the comfortable type of silence.

Someone walked in and he smiled at his other co worker, Boa. At the corner of his eyes, he sees Chen checking out Boa and he mentally sighed. 

"Uhm, do you want more?" He asked Chen

"No" Chen said, eyes still glued on Boa's legs who is currently making coffee. Chen didn't even bother to hide how he checks out Boa.

Xiumin fell quiet. He knows Boa's not to blame because he saw Chen check out almost all their girl co workers and customers even Victoria, their boss but even though he's used to it, he can't help the pang in his chest. It's not his fault he was born as a boy. It's not his fault he didn't have the things a girl has.

"I'm done." Xiumin mumbled before packing up the lunch and quickly telling Chen to pack it up if he's done. Chen rarely talks to him anymore unless there is someone there, only then would Chen talk to him so casually as if nothing's wrong when everything's wrong.

Chen so casually flirted with everyone as if he isn't married. And what's worst, as if he wasn't married with someone he works with!

'I'm not gonna shed tears. I've already done enough of that.' Xiumin thought as he put on his happy facade and faced the customers with a bright smile on his face.

It's so hard really. To know that the man you love and vowed to always love you and look at only you was fooling around, as if he wasn't married. As if he didn't say a vow. To know that he was close to cheating on you.

 


 

Tao sighed. He checked his phone for the hundredth time and was disappointed - again - after seeing no new messages from the person he's been wanting to talk to.

"You do know you're not gonna recieve a message do you?" Xiumin asked his friend

Tao just glanced at him and left the question hanging in the air.

Xiumin facepalmed. "I should really call Luhan so maybe then he can slap you upside the head."

"No thanks" Tao shivered just thinking about how evil his friend, Luhan, can be.

"But really, I think only Baekhyun and Luhan has a happy marriage life." Xiumin stated sadly

"I think so too." Tao answered. 

Tao knows he's not the only one suffering from love sickness. From the problems of marriage. Firstly, there's Kyungsoo, who loves his husband with all his heart but unfortunately, the bastard always took him for granted and always abused him. Tao really wanna wushu Kai all the way to outerspace.

Then, there's Xiumin who knows that his husband is cheating on him but being the martyr that he is, decided to let all the cheating past because he loves his husband so much. Tao really wanted to kill Xiumin's husband if not for the love for his friend.

There's also Lay who always expects his husband to fulfill his promises but everytime his husband would promise, he will also break that without a blink of an eye. That's not as hard as the first two but Tao knows it hurts. He himself got a couple of broken promises from his husband.

Then there he is. The secret wife of super famous idol actor Kris Wu. He who everyone ignores is actually married to Kris. But unfortunately, that comes with a sacrifice. And that is, he has to be a secret and he rarely sees his husband anymore.

"Why are we so unfortunate?" Xiumin sulked

"I ask myself that everytime, Baozi."

"Shut up Panda"

"I'm not a Panda!"

"Oh believe me, you are!"

Tao's phone rang even before he could think of a comeback to Xiumin.

His eyes lit up thinking it was Kris but it was only Baekhyun. He sighed in disappointment.

 

"Yobosaeyo?"

{Taozi?}

"Baekhyun hyung?" 

{Neh. Have you seen the news?}

"Ani. Waeyo?"

{Gukjunghajima}

"Eh?"

{Just. Just don't watch the news, I beg you.}

"Ok?"

{Annyeong!} Baekhyun said cheerfully before hanging up.

 

Tao looked at his phone weirdly. His hyung was definitely weird.

"What did Baekhyun want?" Xiumin asked

"He told me not to watch the news." Tao said

"Oh." Xiumin said

Xiumin took out his phone and made a couple of clicks. His brows furrowed as he read something he particularly didn't like.

"What?" Tao asked, intrigued. He wished he can also surf the net but unfortunately his phone's charging and he can't use it because his mother specifically said not to use it while it's still charging because thet battery's gonna be ruined. His laptop is still in the shop and they're still fixing it after a couple of keys went haywire.

"Nothing. Just listen to Baekhyun." Xiumin said as he put the phone in his pocket.

Tao nodded, still intrigued and curious.

Xiumin then bid him goodbye and Tao walked him to the door before heading to the living room.

He got bored and the TV. The news was on and he was about to turn off the TV, remembering what his hyungs told him, when something stopped him.

 

Headline: Kris and Xu Jinglei caught in a date?!

Reporter: Idol actor Kris and director Xu Jinglei are supposedly in a date! They both look so happy, eating together and smiling at the camera. What's the real score between the two of them?

 

Tao turned the TV off and sighed. This year, she's the third girl that's been linked with his husband.

'I'm used to it.' Tao tells himself. But even though, a stray tear betrayed him and fell down the floor.

"You are not crying, Tao. The great Tao crying? Hah, never." Tao talked to himself while wiping the tear.

"Never." He whispered but even with all his self confident, he crumbled down on the floor, sobbing.

 


 

Baekhyun sighed. He's very thankful his husband's out with Suho, drinking.

"Aghhh!" He ruffled his hair before calling his friend, Lay.

{Yobosaeyo?} A peaceful voice answered the phone

"Laaay hyuuuung!!~" Baekhyun sang

{Neh?}

"Can you come over?"

{Uh... ok, sure.} Lay hesitated before agreeing

"Reallyyy? Thanks hyuuung!"Baekhyun said before hanging up.

Not even 5 minutes later, Lay arrived at Baekhyun's house. That's not surprising as Lay and Suho's house were just a block away from Baekhyun and Chanyeol's house.

"Hyuuung~" Baekhyun sang as he let Lay in.

"Neh?" Lay answered

"It's Yeollie and I's 7th anniversary soon! What should I get him?" Baekhyun asked as they sat on the couch on the living room.

"Wow, congratulations!" Lay mused

"Thanks hyung!" Baekhyun smiled

"How about a song then? You know, candlelight dinner then play the piano while singing." Lay suggested.

Baekhyun's eyes lit up as he eyed the piano at the living room. He loved his hyung's idea.

"Thank you hyung! I knew I could count on you!" Baekhyun hugged Lay as he walked him to the front door. Lay soon bid goodbye and Baekhyun started making prepations for the dinner. He also went over with his piece, "Baby".

As Baekhyun finished all the preparations, Chanyeol came in rubbing his eyes.

Baekhyun turned to him happily. "Yeollie~" 

Chanyeol smiled as he opened his arms wide and Baekhyun went in for a hug. Chanyeol didn't smell like Chanyeol. He oddly smelled like .... a woman's perfume. 

Baekhyun stilled at the thought and Chanyeol noticed it. "Baek?"

"Ah? What?" Baekhyun snapped out of his reverie and smiled at his husband.

"Happy 7th Anniversary Yeol!" Baekhyun clapped his hands happily.

"Yeah. Happy 7th Anniversary, Baek" Chanyeol responded. 

Baekhyun noticed the lack of expression from Chanyeol but he brushed it off as tiredness from Chanyeol's company and proceeded on with dinner.

After dinner, Baekhyun played the piano while singing and he saw Chanyeol smiling warmly at him. It made his stomach flutter and his heart beat so wildly.

After the performance, Chanyeol embraced him so lovingly, kissing him passionately. They made love with each other.

As they lied in bed, Chanyeol fast asleep, Baekhyun stared at his husband. He can't believe he lasted 7 years with the playboy. He, a simple boy, made the playboy serious. 

But he can't shake off the uneasy feeling that's setting inside of him. Chanyeol's been distant these past few days. 'Maybe it's just work. Yeah, it's just work.' Baekhyun thought.

'Don't leave me Chanyeol. I can't bare the thought of you leaving me.'

 


 

Lay stared at the clock. 11:00 PM.

According to Baekhyun, Chanyeol's already home. How come Suho's not?

He sighed. Suho promised. He promised to go home right away after he went out with Chanyeol. And Chanyeol's already home. 

'You broke it again, Suho.' Lay thought just as the front door opened and in came Suho.

"Ohhhh, Lllllaaaaayyyy!" Suho slurred, stumbling onto Lay.

"Where have you been?" Lay asked, helping Suho out of his shoes and coat.

"I haaave beeen tooo the cluuuub with Chanyeoooool! Sooo muuuch fuuuuun thereeee!" Suho said, as if partying.

Lay glared at him. "You told me you wouldn't go to a club and just a simple restaurant. You promised!"

"I diiid? Ohh, thaaat's nooothing!" Suho chuckled as he stumbled to the stairs, ignoring the tear-stained face of Lay.

Even so, Lay followed Suho to their bedroom and tucked him in. He put some aspirin on the bedside table and mentally noted that he should place water there too in the morning. 

He brushed the hair off of Suho's forehead and smiled sadly. Suho's break every promise he made.

'I'm surprised he haven't broken his vow to the wedding to never leave me. To love me always. Or had he broken it already?'  Lay thought bitterly.

He went to his side of the bed and lied down, facing the ceiling. He'll endure. He can endure more broken promises because he loves his husband. He loves Suho so much it's killing him slowly.

And as he drifted off to dreamland, a single tear rolled down his cheeks.

 


 

I know! Bad husbands right? Tsk tsk!

~PandaLover