Chapter 1

Anonymous Life

Oh Sehun sighed.

“Again?”

He chewed his bubble gum as his hands found their way into his jeans’ pockets. He stayed there for a couple of minutes before stretching his right arm forward to get the white envelope. He read the letter in it, wide-eyed as fear took over his entire body. Never was he scared of those papers he used to get every Friday before the school week ended. They were always there, cute decoration on the white envelope where the letters or photographs were in. He would get short letters such as “My sweet honey bunny, how have you been?” but then he would get letters like an essay, which actually had no meaning. They started to get worse as time passed. For two months, Sehun had to burn those letters or photographs of him taking a shower and small candies or worms and bugs. He got used to the letters that warned him to not betray the person sending the letters when he started talking with his friends about how much he wanted to get a girlfriend. “They’ll eat your heart if you get closer to that girl.” Was written in one of the letters, but Sehun didn’t pay attention. He got closer to that girl he had his eyes on, and ended up having a heart . “Told you.” was written with blood on the walls of the hospital. Sehun was sick of this. A side of him thought that this was real, while another part thought that it was all hallucination, or a bastard in the school was pulling a prank on him that went on for two months. But this time he got a letter saying “Stay for me or you’ll get killed by the devils.” and he didn’t understand why it scared him for the first time.

“Oy! Sehun!” Kris greeted, startling the latter.

“Next Thurday! We’ll see if you’ll get that girl.” Tao winked and ran as fast as he could before Sehun would start their usual “friendly” war. But this time Sehun didn’t even think of punching Tao to death.

“Yea.” He just gave a firm nod and left, leaving his friends in shock.

Was he ready to start dating?

 

-

 

“Sigh…” Sehun sighed as he looked down at his feet while he walked to school. The road was wet from the storm during the night, but the Sun didn’t hesitate to hug the people who woke up early in the morning. Sehun couldn’t wait to meet Tao and Kris, his two best friends, even though he hated to go to school. For a moment he forgot it was Friday the 13th and the day he might get a girl for his needs.

Oh Sehun is a senior in one of the most prestigious high schools in Seoul which used to be an all girls school. Luck for Sehun, when it turned into a co-ed one, he begged his parents to transfer there because he needed to have a girlfriend. Unfortunately though, luck wasn’t on his side when he enrolled there.

“Yo, Kris, wassup?” He greeted Kris, the oldest, when he entered the classroom.

“Kris oppa! Don’t greet Sehun! We’re mad at him remember?” Tao puckered his lips, making Sehun roll his eyes.

“Stop calling him “oppa”! He’s “hyung” you brainless idiot. Even a zombie will never approach you because he knows you have no brain!” Sehun mimicked Tao and crossed his arms when he finished talking, not realizing that his friend was ready to hit him.

“Don’t call me that, moron! You said you were gonna get a girlfriend yesterday and help us too but you left us in the middle of the rain because you were afraid!” Tao shouted, mad at his friend for not keeping his word.

“You , my mom called me because she was worried for my dog who was out having fun with his es.”

“Don’t call me !” Tao shouted as he punched Sehun, his voice cracking and turning into that of a small girl’s who was going to get by a middle aged man.

“Here they go again.” Kris coughed and was about to leave the classroom since there was no one inside to talk to anyway, until something weird happened.

“Stupid Tao, you think you can beat me?” Sehun said while laughing wholeheartedly. This was a game they did almost every morning to show their brotherly love. They wouldn’t stop until one of them would go home with blood on their face. But this time it was ruined.

“Sehun? What…?” Tao stepped backwards as his eyes became wider, shocked like never before.

Sehun pulled his arm that was through Tao’s head, looking at his invisible arm in shock. Where did his arm just go? What the hell did just happen?

“Is it real… Or the fact that I can’t find a girlfriend is making me hallucinate?” Tao said while Kris gulped.

Suddenly a strong wind started moving every piece of paper, chalk and small object in the classroom, making everything a mess. Tao and Kris covered their eyes while Sehun felt like he was one with the wind.

What was going on?

Why was this happening?

And everything stopped floating in the air. Everything went on the place they belonged and the two guys were now sitting on their chairs like before, except Sehun who was still in the same spot.

“Why is this happening to me?”

And he disappeared out of nowhere…

 

-

 

He looked at his hands that were now there. He gulped and turned his head to the side, noticing that the girl he was flirting with these past few months was actually sitting right next to him.

“Is everything okay?” She tilted her head and smiled at him, making Sehun breathe heavily.

“Okay.” He gulped again when suddenly he saw a white envelope with hello kitty decorations resting on his hands. “Did you give this to me?”

“I don’t know, it’s not mine.” She shook her head and Sehun immediately thought that it could be the anonymous sender’s letter. He ripped it in two and tossed it in the trash.

“Whatever, I don’t need it.” He sat up.

He swore he saw a smirk on her lips, but he brushed that weird thought away.

“Do you want to…” She blushed and rubbed her arms. “Go on a date?”

Sehun nodded as fast as he could and grabbed her hand, asking her where she wanted to go.

 

They didn’t realize that school was over and the Sun was planning to file a lawsuit against the sky. Or maybe, Sehun was the only one who didn’t realize that.

“Let’s go at the park, Sehun-ah.” She sing song-ed and they walked towards the fountain in the middle of the park.

“You know, I’ve always had a wish.” She giggled at Sehun’s quick ‘yes’ after she finished her sentence. “I always wanted my first date to die covered in blood in front of my eyes. In that condition because of me.” Sehun went a step backwards. What was wrong with the world lately? Or was it only his world that was like this?

“I am alone in the middle of the park. She is not with me, this is only a hallucination because I’m tired. That’s there because I’m alone, only because I’m alone.” He closed his eyes, but when he opened them again, the sky was darker than black itself and the cute girl who used to be there with him, had vanished.

“The eyes just had a vision. One of those visions that can make naïve and foolish people believe in miracles. It was just an incident of the camera’s lens. That’s all.” Sehun’s muttered under his breath, when suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder and when he turned around, he ended up falling on the ground because the cute girl’s face and body was now covered in blood.

“This. This is reality, my dear.” She laughed mischievously and suddenly her body transformed into that of a grown up girl in her 20s with a perfect body and tight clothes that looked like bikini and almost revealed her . She was wearing black clothes, black lipstick and she had black eyes and hair. She looked gorgeous and scary at the same time.

“Oh Sehun, you are an unwanted Half Human Half Angel in this world and we, the strongest devils want to get rid of you and steal your magical heart. You get the plan?” She smirked and Sehun looked around to find a way to escape.

“I am nothing like that. I-”

“Do you think that your arm that disappeared out of nowhere, and the fact that you can pass through people if just a hallucination. You have the power of the wind but you are an enemy to us. So say your last wish before you die.” She glared at him as an electric sword appeared in her hands. “Goodbye, my dear. It was nice dating you.” She spoke with the cute girl’s voice and hit Sehun with the electric sword, covering a part of the ground with blood.

The pain started to take over his entire body and he realized that it was him who was dying, not a character in a 3D movie. His eyes and mouth remained open, his heart was beating but his body kept losing blood, yet he could still breathe. Even though he was still alive, he was now dead. Finally, for the devils, it would be a night full of happiness.

“I just wanted to…” He was about to say his last wish when suddenly, a scene from a day ago crossed his mind.

A boy with beautiful golden hair, doe eyes and nice body, gave Sehun his dog who his mother ordered him to find in the middle of the storm. The boy was the handsomest and prettiest person he had ever seen, and suddenly Sehun wanted to see him for the last time before he died. And his wish was accomplished.

 

He was surrounded by a golden light which blinded the devil and he suddenly felt like he was alive again, yet the scars were still on his body and he kept losing blood.

“What is going on?”

“This is what happens when you don’t read the letters.” A soft angelic voice spoke, and in front of Sehun’s eyes was that deer-like guy again. “Say hello to Hein. We’ll see her again.” He smiled and they disappeared out of nowhere while the devil flew away with her black wings, complaining about her poor eyes.

“A bath with kisses. That’s what you need to get better.” The deer-like guy smirked and Sehun finally fell asleep.