Part 1 – Vague Delusion

Nondescript Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Part 1 – Vague Delusion~

            The scratches of a pencil on paper is the only noise filling the room, Sehun is scribbling barely legible music notes into his little book as they fill his head. He isn't sure why he keeps doing this because he knows these notes won't go anywhere but it gives him a sense of relief as if it breaks him from reality just for the time being.

            It's late once more and the darkness seems to just seep into the windows as no moon shows, there are no stars either since they've been washed out by the city lights, the only real source of light tonight is simply the fake man-made fluorescent ones hanging above in the ceiling of the music room. The door softly swings open a few moments later and the new arrival approaches.

            "Sehun, are you going to play today?"

            The boy in question looks up at the much too familiar face that's been reappearing in front of him for the past month, "Are you going to still stick around?"

            The deer eyed boy doesn't even hesitate in his question, "So is that a no?"

            Sehun sighs and shoves his little book away to uncover the piano keys anyways, it's another late night and Sehun is over everything. He feels the darkness wrapping around him again and his urge to be in the music room is stronger than ever on this night. He knows all he's going to be making is noise, there will never be music created on nights like this but honestly he doesn't give a damn.

            Luhan, on the other hand, looks delighted at the answer Sehun gives and decides to pull up his own seat by the piano. He rests his chin on his folded arms that are draped over the top of the piano as he stares at Sehun expectantly.

            The younger (Sehun found out Luhan was a senior in their university while he's simply a freshmen) spares no glance at Luhan as he keeps his attention on the piano keys. He's not playing, just staring at them as though he's willing them to produce the notes themselves without his help. He doesn't want to look at Luhan who no doubts has a goofy expectant look on his face as if he truly liked the noise Sehun made.

            It was almost routine now, the two would go to school but never see each other since they were clearly in different majors and years, Sehun would finish his classes early and head to the music room afterwards where he'd stare at the different instruments, he could play many of them but he always chooses to sit back down at the piano. After hours of attempting to finish his homework before he starts anything it becomes late like usual and there would be a soft knock at the door before it swings open to reveal Luhan who steps in with a shy smile as if he's sorry for the intrusion but not really sorry for seeing Sehun.

            Luhan claims that he wants to hear the same song again, his exact words were, "You keep calling it noise but I like it. If someone likes your so called noise doesn't that mean it can become music?"

            Sehun never answered that question, he refused to, instead he just starts playing whatever came to his mind to drown out Luhan's question. He refuses to acknowledge it, because if he does then he feels that his fragile world would crumble even further and he knows he won't be able to handle that. So he plays, he makes more noise to drown himself in it and block off any of Luhan's words.

            But that was then and this is now.

            Sehun simply presses out a few notes, letting the sound release itself into the quietness. Luhan is silent as usual, the other is always quiet when Sehun plays but that doesn't mean he's not paying attention. By pure mistake Sehun looks up and meets Luhan's eyes, the older looks enraptured with the noise.

            Abruptly Sehun snaps the cover of the piano keys back on, "I'm done."

            Luhan jolts up at the sudden announcement, "What? But you didn't even pla-"

            "I don't feel like it anymore," replied Sehun flatly as he grabs his backpack and throws it over his shoulder, "I'm going."

            Luhan stands with a worried look on his face, "Going? Where?"

            "Away from here," answers Sehun under his breath as he makes his way out the door before Luhan could say another word.

            He's not running away, he just can't stand the atmosphere anymore. At least that's what Sehun tells himself as he leaves the music room behind him.

            Luhan stands there staring at the door as a small sliver of hope played with his heart, he's hoping that the door would swing open again. He stands there for a few minutes before he realizes Sehun is simply not coming back, Luhan sighs and grabs his own bag but as he turns his eyes catch on the small book that Sehun left behind.

            "Ah, Sehun forgot this…" Luhan picks it up carefully, his fingertips can't help but trace themselves over the rough scratches of the beat up notebook.

            Opening it, Luhan sees it's a composing notebook. Although he can't read the notes he still can't resist flipping through the pages to see Sehun's messy hand writing all over the place; music notes and illegible symbols are printed all over the pages, there's no order to it but some are written in the margins rather than the provided lines. Luhan feels like he's taking a glimpse into something he shouldn't, like this little notebook holds all of Sehun's secrets and feelings and he's invading in on it however he doesn't stop, he keeps turning the pages until the very last one. The plain and cleanliness of the page catches his attention first and foremost since it sets it apart from the rest of what he's seen in the little notebook but what catches his eyes next is the title and little sentence underneath it written in a neater version of Sehun's scratchy handwriting.

'Nondescript Reverie'

'Everything is simply a rainbow that's waiting to fade and disappear'

            "A rainbow?" Luhan is puzzled over the meaning of the sentence but it also intrigues him. A curiosity that just tickles his thoughts teasingly, there has to be something important about this page since Sehun has kept it so neat compared to the others that were written so haphazardly. Luhan closes the notebook and takes another look at it; the covers show obvious signs of wear and tear, bits of the corners ripped and parts becoming faded, meaning Sehun must have used this notebook a lot.

            "This must be important to him…" concludes Luhan before carefully slipping the notebook into his backpack. It doesn't look like Sehun is going to come back to the room anyways he'll just give this back to the younger whenever he sees Sehun again. It would be better than just leaving it here in the music room and hoping that the notebook would make it back to it's owner safely. Luhan leaves the rooms shortly after with one last glance back. 'I wonder if Sehun would even come back. Did I annoy him? But he never said anything about it before…' with those last thoughts Luhan sighs and flicks the light in the music room off before he goes on his own way, there's no real use contemplating it anyways.

            The night still goes on, the darkness seeps further into the air as stillness embraces the surroundings but the quietness is only limited. Footsteps tread their way quickly back to the room, a heartbeat that's beating far too quickly pounds the rushing blood against the eardrums loudly as a hand hastily flicks the light in the room on.

            'Where is it? It has to be in here, this was the last place that I had taken it out. I need to find it.' Sehun is panicking, he hasn't felt something like this in such a long time. His chest feels constricting and the pain that's emitting from his lungs after running back to this place is filling him. He searches frantically for the one item he doesn't want to part from but of course he comes up empty because he doesn't know that it's in the hands of someone else.

            Sehun stands in the center of the room eyes downcast because he doesn't know where else to look, dread overtakes him; threatens to consume him for that one pure millisecond before he pushes it away to take in a sense of nothing. He feels nothing, he wants to keep it that way.

            'It's gone. There's no use anymore, I was bound to lose it like everything else. I shouldn't have even bothered to come back. Maybe this just proves that there really is no point.'

            The world is set a kilter a little more as the darkness seeps in and curls deep to establish it's hold. It won't be much longer until everything is established because there's a limit to everything.

           

X

 

            With night there is always day.

            It is day that Luhan sees Sehun again. This is the first time that Luhan ever sees Sehun outside of the music room with light out rather than the dreary night and he's more than just astonished, he almost believes his eyes are playing tricks on him at the first glance that he takes. The reason is simple enough to want to second guess the sight, Sehun is smiling and it seems he's even joking around with another boy around his age possibly. They must be friends, close friends, from what Luhan can tell anyways.

            There's a curious eagerness building up in Luhan as he watches the interactions, he wants to take a step closer and enter their conversation. He's never seen this side of Sehun before, although he's met the younger for only a handful of times, his intuition tells him that Sehun isn't usually like this either which only peaks his curiosity. Luhan stands there debating with himself for a few moments longer but he ends up not making a decision anyways. Feeling that there were eyes on him or rather his general vicinity, Sehun's friend looks up and makes eye contact with Luhan. The two blink and share an awkward moment of continuous eye contact before Sehun's friend breaks it with a friendly wave which prompts Sehun to turn around to see what has suddenly caught his friend's attention.

            Sehun showed no notable outward reaction towards seeing Luhan but when his friend says something Sehun turns back to nod before waving at Luhan to come over to them. At first Luhan is hesitant since he's not sure if Sehun was really okay with him joining him or if he was simply being polite but regardless of Sehun's reason Luhan still had to give back the younger's notebook too and this might be his only chance.

            "Hello," Luhan greets the both of them politely with a smile when he is within a foot's distance of the two.

            The two return the greeting and Sehun starts the introductions but he doesn't really look at Luhan directly, "Joonmyeon this is Luhan, a student I met at the music room. Luhan this is Joonmyeon, he wanted me to call you over since you looked like you wanted to join us."

            It seems Luhan was right, Sehun called him over because he was asked rather than of his own accord. But Luhan doesn't dwell much on this thought as he responds to the introduction.

            "Ah, sorry was I staring too much? It's just I had never seen Sehun outside of the music room so I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not," Luhan gives a small abashed laugh to cover his slight embarrassment.

            "That's only because you're a senior student, of course you wouldn't see me around that often," waves off Sehun in a rather playful manner.

            Joonmyeon smiles and nudges Sehun lightly, "I didn't know you made more friends, I thought you said you couldn't stand people."

            "I can't," responds Sehun flatly but the corners' of his lips lift lightly when Joonmyeon rolls his eyes.

            "I'm glad you were able to befriend Sehun, Luhan. I don't know how he spends so much time by himself in that music room and I've been his friend since high school." Joonmyeon stands and gathers the remnants of what Luhan can depict as empty wrappers from their lunch. "I'll be back, I need to throw this away really quick."  

            Sehun and Luhan nod as Joonmyeon makes his way down the walkway of the open quad area. When Joonmyeon is far enough Luhan takes a chance to speak up since Sehun doesn't seem to want to say anything.

            "This was an odd coincidence. I never thought I'd see you like this you do smile and laugh, I almost thought your face was set in stone," points out Luhan brightly as if he's discovered the most amazing thing ever.

            Sehun's expression doesn't even falter instead it remains cheerful and he even gives a light laugh, "What do you mean?"

            "Every time I see you in the music room, you're always brooding or making that expressionless face of yours," answers Luhan.

            "Well we're not in the music room right now are we?" replies Sehun with a smirk playing at the corner of his lips.

            Luhan's expression turns to one of confusion but he isn't able to say anything because Sehun's friend has come back.

            Joonmyeon checks his phone as it rings shrilly while walking closer to Sehun and Luhan, "Hey, I got class to go to, so see you another time Sehun. Nice meeting you Luhan, hope we meet again!"

            Luhan smiles politely and gives a wave as a departing gesture.

            "Yeah, see you Joonmyeon."

            Sehun gives a quick wave too before watching Joonmyeon walk off, Luhan on the other hand was watching Sehun's friendly expression slowly fade to the all too recognizable one that he's seen practically etched on Sehun's face since the first day they've met.

            "So easy…" The words just slip Sehun's mouth before he could swallow them back down.

            Luhan's eyebrows crinkle at Sehun's words, "What?"

            An exasperated sigh escapes Sehun's lips, he's not sure why but his lips keep moving, "So easy. People are so easy. Fake smiles and forced laughs, aren't all that different from the real thing."

            Sehun looks straight at Luhan and shoots the older a wide smile, "So easy right? It's just muscle movement, even you couldn't tell the difference and you've seen the other side of me in the music room. It's so easy to fake all these things, pretending that everything is okay and the thing is people believe it. They don't even question it because they could care less."

            The smile fades and is replaced by Sehun's usual expression, a cold hard one.

            Luhan stands there as he looks into Sehun's eyes and says the only thing on his mind, "You must have been hurt quite deeply if you're able to fake your smiles and laughs so well that I can't even tell if they're real or fake anymore."

            The words hit Sehun a lot harder than it should have, maybe because there's a bit of accuracy behind what was said. It makes him feel weak, so he retaliates, "No, that's not even it. I'm just sick and tired of everything, those smiles and laughs faded the moment I realized this world is a bloody mess filled with insignificances and delusions. It's all meaningless."

            "It'll only be meaningless if you don't give it purpose."

            Sehun laughs bitterly, "What purpose could it possibly serve?"

            "That's something you'll have to find on your own, only you can define yourself." Luhan has one of the most serious looks that Sehun's ever seen on the older and it annoys him, it pricks his very being.

            "And if my definition is nothing?"

            "Then you're not even trying."

            The bitterness of Sehun's laugh even causes Luhan to wince this time around, "Trying? I can't believe you're the one of all people that I know who's telling me to try. You don't even know me, you met me on a night when the world should have been sleeping so that no one could hear the noise I was making but you showed up anyways."

            "Then let's get to know each other." Luhan isn't asking, he isn’t suggesting, he's stating it straightforwardly and bluntly.

            Sehun's expression reflects one mixed between confusion, slight irritation, and exasperation, "Why?"

            "I got time," replies Luhan simply as he watches the wind blow the leaves at his feet.

            Sehun has no words to say in reply, he just grabs his backpack and begins to walk away. He's not running away, he's just avoiding the situation altogether.

            Luhan sighs but makes no move to stop Sehun from leaving. "I'll see you in the music room, Sehun."

            Sehun doesn't respond but Luhan doesn't need a reply anyways because he has a strong feeling that he's going to see Sehun there again regardless.

 

X

 

            Sehun avoids the music room, he knows that Luhan is there waiting for him. Honestly it's been two weeks already since their last meeting during that afternoon. A part of him keeps saying that by now Luhan should have given up on coming to the music room but he knows that's not the case, he knows Luhan is still there. Just as Luhan had shown up consecutively all those times before from the first day that they met.

            Luhan was nothing short of a mystery to Sehun. The younger couldn't understand the other, he couldn't understand why Luhan wasn't off putted by his initial cold behavior or why Luhan kept returning to the music room to hear his senseless noise making or even why Luhan said that he wanted to get to know Sehun better after showing the older how bitter he was at the world. It's odd. There was no other way to describe it than simply odd.

            'Maybe I should check…' Sehun's been holed up in the library lately and it doesn't sit well with him. He lost his notebook and now he's lost his place to hide away from the world to make as much noise as he wants. With a quiet sigh Sehun stands and grabs his things, he can't avoid it forever besides it about time he stopped running when it's clear Luhan isn't going to stop running after him.

            His steps through the empty hallway echoes loudly back at him as he approaches the door to the music room. There's no sound coming from the room and all that surrounds him is darkness, not even a crack of light, as Sehun stands there wondering why in the world does he feel this way.

            Why was regret and disappointment suddenly filling his chest and thoughts like a faucet that was left running? Did he accidentally have hope that Luhan was still going to be there? Was he mad at himself because the part of him that thought Luhan wasn't going to be in the room was actually right? Wasn't he supposed to be content with this type of ending? Didn't he want Luhan to stop bugging him and asking questions about his music? Didn't he want to be left in the darkness alone again? So why, why was he feeling as if he did something stupid once again? There's no sound or light from the music room which meant it should be empty, which means the room is more than open for him but he can't even bring himself to open the door.

            Maybe Luhan was no different after all.

            Sehun takes a step back from the door and turns to walk away but the sound of the door opening behind him freezes him in his steps. Light fills the hallway as he turns around and is face to face with the person he thought had already left.

            Luhan's gaze at first is surprised before it turns into a welcoming smile, "Sehun? You finally showed up."

            It takes a moment before Sehun responds, "You're still here?"

            "I was about to leave right now but you finally showed up so I'm okay with staying a little longer," answers Luhan honestly.

            "Why were the lights off?"

            "Like I said I was going to leave, but then I heard footsteps outside. I didn't think it was going to be you so I kept the light off and waited until I couldn't hear the footsteps anymore just in case since I don't really know who's roaming the halls at this hour. I only turned it on again so I would be able to see anyone if they still happened to be in the hall."

            "Oh."

            "Yeah. Here, come in." Luhan takes a step back to allow Sehun into the room.

            The two seat themselves in their usual seats from before, picking up right where they left off weeks ago. Luhan with a pulled up seat near the piano while Sehun sits on the piano seat, although tonight he's not planning on making any noise.

            Luhan rests his head on his arms as he looks at the blurry reflection of himself the piano offers, "How have you been these two weeks? Were you busy?"

            It's awkward and obviously uncomfortable for Sehun but he answers nonetheless, "Fine and no I wasn’t."

            Luhan lips form a circle as he expresses a quiet 'oh' before shifting again to take his backpack off, "Anyways, I've been waiting for you. I have something I wanted to give you that you forgot in the music room sometime ago. I meant to give it back earlier but I never got the chance."

            Sehun's face crinkles with confusion for a moment before his eyes widen considerably at the sight of Luhan pulling his composing notebook out of his backpack. The bent corners, multiple creases, and scratchy handwriting were more than recognizable to Sehun as Luhan held the book out to him.

            "Sorry, I wanted to tell you but you didn't show up and I wasn't even sure where to start looking for you other than the music room." Luhan smiles timidly, "I hope you're not mad at me for having it?"

            Sehun blinks in disbelief before slowly taking the book out of Luhan's hands. "Thank you."

            "You're welcome. It seems important to you so I'm glad I got to return it," replied Luhan easily.

            "…Did you happen to look in it?"

            The quiet question catches Luhan off guard as he stutters for a moment, "J-Just a little bit…"

            "Okay," Sehun doesn't even care but getting his composing book back felt like one of the many dark clouds above his head has cleared. He can safely say he doesn't regret coming back to the music room now.

            "You… don't mind?" questions Luhan in awe.

            Sehun shakes his head and opens his own bag to place his composing notebook away, he's not letting it out of his sight again. "Just thank you for returning it to me."

            Luhan nods but another question is playing at the tip of his tongue. "Sehun, can I ask you a question?"

            The younger zips up his bag and turns back to the older waiting for the question.

            "The last page, the title and the little sentence underneath, what does it mean?" The curious eyes observing Sehun and waiting for an answer quickly sees how the younger suddenly tenses up. Luhan is all but ready to take back his question and wave it off, maybe he had crossed an unknown line.

            But Sehun speaks before Luhan can start backtracking, "Do you know the meaning behind a rainbow?"

            Sehun's expression is blank and his words sound emotionless but Luhan is hesitant to answer so he just shakes his head.

            "Then you should look it up," replies Sehun as he stands from his seat, "When you do you might be able to make sense of the sentence."

            Luhan pouts slightly at the answer he was hoping Sehun would just tell him directly. "What if I get the wrong meaning? There's lots of meanings behind everything."

            "…Maybe I'll tell you some other day," Sehun steps toward the door ready to leave.

            It takes a second for the words to finally make context in Luhan's mind and he feels pretty content with it. "Okay, that sounds better."

 

X

 

            Things started off for them horribly shaky and imbalanced but slowly they eventually managed to adjust to one another until they learned to steady each other. It's slow but they get there, it was just a matter of time before they fell into a routine again.

            Sehun learns to be tolerable and Luhan learns to side step triggers.

            These nights just seem to bind them a little closer but there's still obvious distance that Sehun keeps for himself but that doesn't mean Luhan hasn't tried to breach it. Questions remained unanswered and unasked but it hardly matters to them anymore, they're just learning to accept it all together.

            Luhan is in for a surprise as he shows up a little earlier than normal to the music room. Sehun has yet to arrive so he gets the time to himself. He takes an eager seat before the piano and uncovers the keys. Luhan presses down a few random keys finding amusement in the sounds that ring out.

            "What are you doing?"

            The question has Luhan jumping in his seat from the fright Sehun gave him as he turned to face the younger, "Warming up the piano for you."

            Sehun makes a small noise of acknowledgment before Luhan moves out of the seat, silently offering it to Sehun as he grabs his usual seat.

            A sigh escapes Sehun's lips as he sits and Luhan's interest is peaked once more at the younger's appearance. Sehun looks tired, there's darker circles underneath his eyes, he's also a bit paler than normal, and there's just something in Sehun's stature; the way he seems to be just barely holding himself up that makes Luhan think something happened today. Maybe tired was the wrong word to use the better word would be haggard to describe Sehun's overall demeanor.

            Sehun can easily feel Luhan's curious gaze on him but he chooses to ignore it and try to pull himself back together enough to position his hands on the piano keys. He's exhausted, if that wasn't obvious enough, but his mind is a storm and his outlet will be the noise otherwise he'll probably end up doing something very stupid.

            "…Sehun, are you going to play? You've been staring at the piano for a few minutes already." Luhan peeks up at Sehun in worry.

            The younger blinks for a moment as if he's remembering that he's in the music room before a piano. It's another one of those nights and maybe making noise can't act as his outlet for tonight after all. He wants to do something else and it would definitely be classified as something very stupid, after all there surely wouldn't be consequences once he's done and all of this would end in one fell swoop. The very thought is beginning to consume him and he swears he's losing his mind again.

            Luhan stands from his seat and reached over to close the cover of the piano keys, Sehun doesn't even say anything he just moves his hands out of the way.

            "Something happen?" asked Luhan after a pause of silence.

            "No," replies Sehun shortly, "I'm just tired."

            "That's not surprising given the fact that we stay up so late all the time."

            "Yeah. I don't like the day light."

            Luhan looks at Sehun perplexedly, "…What do you mean?"

            "I prefer night time. It's less of a hassle." Sehun isn't sure how else to explain it other than that. Night to him is almost like a security blanket. The darkness blinds him and he can stop putting up a pretense in front of all the people who have finally gone to bed. He can fall to ruins and it won't matter because no one would see or hear him and he prefers it that way, he has no need or interest to drag anyone with him. He doesn't want anyone to see him struggle and fall.

            "Oh I guess we're opposites then because I prefer the day light. Night time… frightens me a bit," admits Luhan with a cloudy gaze. "Day light is more mind numbing in a way, more distracting. Less time to over think things and more time to focus on the present."

            "If the night frightens you then why do you come here so late? Wouldn't you prefer to be at home?"

            "Home is nice but I like to come here to hear your music." There's an awkward pause and Sehun looks at Luhan who's fidgeting slightly as if the other is uncomfortable with something, "I… have a hard time falling asleep… I feel more relaxed after I hear your music…"

            Sehun sits rigidly, the air between them seems to have taken a turn downwards. "It's not music. I told you since the first day we met, it's just pointless noise."

            For once Luhan doesn't argue with Sehun on this statement as he always does any other night that it's brought up. Instead Luhan looks at Sehun seriously as if he's trying to understand the younger with just one gaze. "If that's just pointless noise then what music do you want to make? Your notebook, that last page, you have something specific in mind right?"

            For a fraction of a second Sehun is completely caught off guard, he was ready to make a rebuttal to Luhan's usual arguments but the reply stays caught in his throat as the question sinks in his mind. Yes he does have a specific sound to produce in his mind, no one's ever asked him before so he's never had to put it into words but there's always a first for anything.

            "I want a song that will linger in your mind as I play but the second that I stop and the song ends you will have no recollection what so ever of it, a song that portrays a nondescript reverie in it's purest form. A song that you hear but won't stick in your mind to be remembered."

            Luhan nods slowly, "Seems almost impossible if I was to be honest with you."

            "I know, that's why the last page of my notebook is still empty." Sehun sighs, "I'm tired. Everything's a mess and I don't really have it in myself to do this for much longer."

            Luhan presses his lips together, "If you're having a bad day just try to keep your head up and remember the lighter things. It'll pass eventually."

            Sehun doesn’t deny it but he does wonder, "Why do you think I'm having a bad day?"

            Luhan shrugs, "You seem more listless than usual. So I figured maybe your classes didn't go so well today, it is mid-term week so everyone's spirits are bit under the weather."

            "…" Sehun doesn't respond which makes Luhan believe he's hit the case spot on.

            "The weekend is finally here though, why don't we make use of it for a change of pace? It could be good for you," suggests Luhan, he doubts Sehun would agree but he wants to at least make an effort to make the mood a little lighter. "We can get to know each other like I said before. You're not busy are you?"

            Sehun thinks it over, can he really afford the time to go out and spend the whole day hanging around? But then again what would Sehun accomplish being holed up in his room all weekend anyways? He's bound to just wallow in his own thoughts as they try to drown him while the hours tick by and that's not healthy in the slightest so maybe for just a few hours he can escape for a bit. Maybe it'll be okay, he doesn't have much to lose anyways.

            "Sure."

            Luhan blinks in surprise before he smiles brightly, "Really? Great! We'll have a lot of fun!"

            It's a promise.

            Although not all promises can be fulfilled.

 

X

 

            People can count the seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, or years but there's no point because the past is behind us while we're stuck in the present with nothing to wait for but tomorrow to become the past. It's really just an endless cycle.

            Luhan showed up at Sehun's house the next morning like they had agreed on and decided to head to a near by café to get breakfast. They walked side by side through the quiet morning without much of a word to each other. Sehun still looked just as tired as the day before and Luhan wonders silently if the other even slept although he might not be the best person to bring up sleeping habits.

            The café is relatively lively with a handful of customers and workers bustling about as orders are being called out and filled. Sehun orders tea and Luhan orders a pastry before finding a seat closer to the back of the store.

            "What do you want to do today?" asks Luhan to fill the silence.

            "Anything is fine," replied Sehun.

            Luhan holds back a laugh, "If you say that then I'll drag you all the way to Lotte World and have us go on the spinning tea cups until our breakfast makes a return."

            Sehun shoots Luhan a 'hell no I'm not going there' type look as he sips his tea. "Next idea."

            "Shopping until we drop?"

            "We're both broke college students, we'd drop before we even entered the store," deadpanned Sehun.

            "I was talking about window shopping but okay," Luhan purses his lips as he tries another idea, "The beach?"

            "It's cold outside we'd end up with pneumonia."

            "Video games at my place."

            "I at video games."

            Sehun and Luhan stare at each other blankly.

            "This might be harder than expected," notes Luhan.

            Sehun's lips twitch upwards slightly in amusement, "Apparently so."

            Luhan makes various faces at his half finished pastry as he runs ideas of what they could do in his head while Sehun sips his tea. "How about playing twenty questions while we walk through the park and hope a better idea hits us?"

            "Really?" Sehun doesn't mind the idea as opposed to the others that Luhan had before but he is surprised that Luhan would want to do that of all things.

            Luhan pouts thinking Sehun is rejecting the idea, "Do you have any ideas then?"

            "Nope, the park it is. Let's go."

            With their breakfast finished, they headed out down the street to the park they saw earlier on their way to the café.

            "I'll go first," Luhan walks atop the bricks that line the sides of the walkway of the park, one foot before the other, carefully keeping his balance. "What's your major?"

            "Pre-Health," states Sehun blankly. Luhan almost loses his balance and Sehun looks up at the other with slight concern, "I think you might want to get off that before you fall."

            "I'm fine, your answer took me by surprise is all." Luhan steadies himself and they begin walking again, "I always thought you were a music major."

            Sehun hums but he doesn't want to go into any deeper detail, "What major are you?"

            "I'm a neuroscience major starting this semester, used to be a literature major," answers Luhan, he doesn't press further for Sehun's explanation a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter