Prologue – Insignificant Fantasy

Nondescript Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Prologue  – Insignificant Fantasy~

            The soft echo of music plays through the quiet hallways, it's late, there shouldn't be anyone even here anymore but the sounds of piano keys being pressed still resonates. Sehun was never one to struggle with the notes before but on this particular night he finds his fingers stiffer than normal, his mind more muddled than normal and his general senses duller than normal.

            It's one of those nights again.

            The type of nights where darkness becomes comforting and embraces you into numbness, where heavy thoughts don't take concrete form and strike you where it hurts most but yet it has you questioning so many things.

            Sehun doesn't know what he's doing anymore he's only pressing keys, it's probably out of muscle memory now more than anything. More notes are released into the night, they bounce off the walls and trickle through the doors into the hallways of the university music department gradually fading into nothing. It sounds utterly horrid to Sehun's musically inclined ears but he doesn't stop making the noise.

            It's noise not music, noise because these notes pressed out make no harmony it's not music where everything sounds beautiful and light to the ears. Sehun knows this but the noise doesn't quiet down, contrary to that it becomes louder, it builds up and up and up consistently. It rings through his body hollowly, it reverberates in him and it makes him feel as though he's ready to crack and fall apart since there's nothing inside to hold him together.

            His entire demeanor shows of someone who is about to be defeated, to put it simply he's done and he knows it. His fingers apparently get the same message because they stiffen up once again and Sehun just slams all ten of his fingers down onto the piano keys. He shows no outward emotion but the emotion translates itself into the loud and angry growl of notes released.

            The noise reaches it's peak and echoes within the room before settling down once more into quietness, his hands slide themselves into his lap, he's had enough noise for practically a lifetime. He wants t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter