Chapter 1-A Beautiful Meeting

A Sky Full Of Stars

"Baby Soo~Come on,hurry up,you're going to be late for your medical check-up again"

He,who is called by the nickname 'Baby Soo',groaned impatiently.Baby Soo is obviously annoyed by his mother who still calls him by that stupid nickname.

"Mom,stop calling me that.And can I not go? I'm not feeling well..."he whined.Those were the excuses that he would always give when he refuses to go for medical check-ups.

It would not make any difference by going every single day.It is always the same old routine,body check-ups,getting consults from expertise psychiatrists,going back home,and repeating the same thing again and again.Lou Gehrig's is not like a desease that can be cured easily just by going for medical check-ups and so on.It is a desease that could not be cured.

"Baby Soo,stop with the excuses and let's get going."

Baby Soo was only just a nickname given to him by his mom,of course,when he was young.His real birth name is actually Do Kyungsoo.Although Kyungsoo looked like a small and cute little boy,you will never believe his real age being only 16.

He was diagnosed with the desease at a very young age.While other children were having fun in the field,running freely,Kyungsoo was always admitted to the hospital because of his weak body.But as he grew up and as days passed,he became stronger and was not admitted to the hospital that often anymore.He still had to go for medical check-ups and that is basically what that's happening right now.

Upon arriving at the hospital,Kyungsoo got out of his mom's Mercedes Benz and bid her goodbye.It was always like that.
"Have fun at today's group activity!Make some new friends~"his mom said. Kyungsoo did not reply but only rolled his eyes as a response of his mom's statement.

He walked along the hallway,with the familiar scent of drugs that they call it medicines to cure people.He greeted a few nurses and doctors that he knew for quite some time since the hospital is like his second home.

Kyungsoo came by a room with the sign 'Group Gathering' written on it and so,he entered the room.

This whole group gathering thing is an activity held by psychiatrists of the hospital to help those who are suffering from depression,those who have personal difficulties,and almost any sorts of disorder. Kyungsoo was more of a regular member and there were a few more others who were regulars there too.

"Oh! You're finally here Kyungsoo!"Dr.Suho,one of the psychiatrists,exclaimed. "Shall we start our session since everyone's here~?"he asked joyfully,although everyone in the room does not seem that happy.Well,except for one dude that is wearing sunglasses and smiling like an idiot.

"So,as you can see,we have a new member joining us today"Dr.Suho pointed at the idiot who was sitting next to him."Chanyeol,introduce yourself."

The idiot named Chanyeol then stood up from his chair."Hey guys! My name is Park Chanyeol,age 17. Am partially blind which is why I am wearing sunglasses..Haha.Nice to meet you all anyways~"he spoked,a rather low and deep voice,while smiling ear to ear eventhough reality was so cruel.

He had no idea how many people there are in the room and how they even look like.All he could see was a pitch filled of darkness,engulping the cruel reality that is so horrifying,about how lonely he actually is. But Chanyeol was more of an optimistic personality,not like Kyungsoo who is always depressed about his dull life.


Kyungsoo glanced at the new guy,looking into his soul as if they were exchanging eye contact. Fake. That was what that came across his mind when he first saw Chanyeol. People put on fake smiles just to please others and to tell them you are alright.To Kyungsoo,these type of people are disgusting.

Kyungsoo took a stroll down the hospital's garden when the group gathering finally ended.Colourful flowers swayed as the summer breeze blew,dancing elegantly with rhythm and adding more colours to the nature. Birds were chirping and singing harmonious songs,brightening up the atmosphere.The sun was shining brightly,clear blue sky with almost no clouds to be seen.It surely is a nice weather.

In the crowd of patients,there stood a dull and lifeless Kyungsoo,and also a bright and cheerful Chanyeol. Both coming from totally different worlds. Kyungsoo stopped by and examined Chanyeol's every movement,something that he can never understand.Chanyeol was enjoying the wonders of nature,strumming a beautiful melody on his guitar.Kyungsoo wondered how he could still play the guitar as if he could see things again.

They say that if you believe in yourself and follow your heart,nothing is impossible. Just take Beethoven as an example,he was a famous pianist although he was deaf. It is not impossible for Chanyeol to do so too since he has been learning all sorts of instruments since small.

Kyungsoo was actually enjoying,not until the melody stopped very suddenly with a screech,giving him a shock.

"What happened?"Kyungsoo asked worriedly.It is quite weird because this is the first time he actually cared about someone. He faced Chanyeol,then to see his hand scarred and bleeding.

"Let me handle that for you.."he offered.

"Umm...Thank you.."Chanyeol replied,wondering who this kind guy was.

Kyungsoo washed his scar with some clean water,wiped it,and wrapped it with a plaster with cute hearts imprinted on it.

"Thank you so much"Chanyeol thanked him once again.

"Are you an idiot or what? Who would still play the guitar when you cannot see a thing?"Kyungsoo said with a rather annoyed tone.

"Haha..."Chanyeol laughed half-heartedly,knowing that what he is doing right now is stupid.

"People like you who just laugh it off to please others are so annoying."Kyungsoo stated.

"What will I do now that I lost my sight?What will become of me?"Chanyeol started talking,"These questions darted in my head every time.A retinal desease robbed my eyesight."

Kyungsoo kept quiet and listened to Chanyeol's story.He was wrong.He had no right to judge him.

"But I learned to see with my heart,to search with my soul and to seek with wisdom."he continued,"Being blind doesn't mean I have to be sad for my whole life,eventhough I can't see the nature's beauty with my very own eyes,I can still enjoy my life to the fullest if I tried.I do not smile to please others,but to please myself."he said with a smile,but this time,a real smile that shows his true self,and also his true feelings.

What a beautiful person.