Chapter Three

This Ain't No Heaven

As screams of terror closed in around him, Kyuhyun silently wondered why the hell (pun intended) he had waited so long to come here. This was a hundred times better than sitting on fluffy white clouds, listening to the sweet (horrible, grating, destructive) sound of harps, and watching Leeteuk-hyung reading the bible to all his lovely little angels. This was chaos, destruction, chaos (again) — everything Kyuhyun loved and cherished in life.

“Is that an angel?!” one of the villagers screamed, as he tried to separate himself the stampede of villagers.

“Are you kidding me?!” someone else snapped. “Does he look like an angel?!”

“He has wings!”

“He probably tore them off an angel, and glued them to his back! Look at the monster!”

Kyuhyun let out a hysterical laugh, a psychotic grin etched across his face. He tightened his grip on the hose in his hands (which he had gleefully stolen from one of the many cottages stretched across the small, rural village), and let another shoot of ice-cold water slam against the horrified crowd (it was surprising how much fear a little liquid could engender; it must have been a demon thing. They did like fire a lot, after all).

“What the hell are you doing?!” Kyuhyun turned around, and his smile widened when he caught sight of who had spoken.

“Being evil,” he told Changmin, turning his attention back to the frightened crowd. “I’m spraying them with water, see? Freezing cold water. It’s shockingly effective.”

“Mama, it’s cold!” a child wailed, as he was doused with the ice-cold liquid.

There was another scream of terror.

“…Wow,” Changmin muttered, blinking. “It is effective.”

Kyuhyun smiled, and took a step closer. “If I pour this on myself, will you find me all wet and y?” he inquired, batting his eyelashes. Changmin, in Kyuhyun’s opinion, was hot — and what could be more damning than doing the dirty with a demon hottie like the one in front of him? Kyuhyun was sure that not even the Bad Angel Corner could save his soul; Leeteuk would be forced to banish him from Heaven (finally) and Kyuhyun would relocate somewhere much nicer — like this lovely little village maybe.

He frowned, realising that he’d stopped spraying; with a jerk of his hands, the hose rose, and the water ripped across the horrified crowd. Kyuhyun smirked.

“I don’t ing understand you,” Changmin muttered.

“Alright,” Changmin growled, dragging the giggling angel behind him (the wet giggling angel, since Kyuhyun had deemed it necessary to drench himself with water after all). “You are going home — now.”

“You have nice hands,” Kyuhyun told him cheerily.

“Shut up,” Changmin snarled. “I’m going to fling you through that portal — ”

“You could fling me under you.”

Changmin winced. “That was awful,” he muttered.

“I’m surrounded by goddamn celibate angels,” Kyuhyun replied, shrugging. “What were you expecting?”

Changmin paused, and turned to him, staring. “…You said goddamn,” he said, disbelief in his voice.

Kyuhyun beamed. “Am I y now?”

“No,” Changmin snapped, whirling around, and resuming the ‘boot-the-angel-out-of-Hell’ journey.

‘…Yes. Kind of. Sort of. Maybe…’

“So this is the barrier between Hell and the human realm,” Kyuhyun murmured, staring curiously at the blank space in front of him.

“Yes,” Changmin replied. He turned around, tapping the air with his tail in three fluid motions. A portal opened up, and Changmin turned back to Kyuhyun, nodding towards it.

The angel frowned. “You want me to go.”

“Yes.”

“…Can I have a kiss first?”

Changmin glared, and prayed that he wasn’t blushing. “No,” he growled.

Kyuhyun pouted. “Is that all you can say?”

“Yes.”

Kyuhyun sighed loudly, and, rolling his eyes, leaned forward and pressed his lips to Changmin’s.

Changmin yelped loudly and jerked back, his eyes wide. “Yah, what the hell?!” Changmin spluttered, backing away. “Don’t kiss me!”

Kyuhyun pouted. “You’re supposed to kiss back!”

“Go home!” Changmin snapped, holding his hands in front of him, as if in an attempt to shield himself.

“Walk me to heaven,” Kyuhyun said, seeming unbothered by Changmin’s apparent horror (in reality, the only thing that horrified Changmin was the fact that he actually enjoyed the feeling of Kyuhyun’s lips - sweet Devil, his parents would be ashamed).

Changmin scowled, pointing wordlessly at the portal.

Kyuhyun sighed, his shoulders slumping. It seemed, in that moment, that all the fire had left him (Changmin wondered how the Devil it had even been there in the first place; angel’s and fire just didn’t mix). He turned to the portal, and Changmin stood still, wondering why there was a small twinge in his heart as he watched the angel walk forward.

Then (and Changmin wondered how the hell he hadn’t expected this), Kyuhyun whirled around, latched onto Changmin’s arm, and dragged him through the portal with him.

“Let go of my hand,” Changmin hissed, as he and Kyuhyun trekked through the human realm. As soon as Changmin had been thrown unceremoniously onto the ground, he had hurriedly cast a cloaking charm on both of them, hoping no humans had seen. Because Changmin had to wait at least another hour before the portal could be reopened in order for him to venture back into Hell, he was stuck here, with an annoying angel that refused to let go of his hand.

“No,” Kyuhyun replied, smiling at him. “You know,” he continued, ignoring the look of frustration of Changmin’s face, “isn’t it funny how human’s can’t see us? Imagine if they could…hey, do you want to torment some poor, unsuspecting fool? You demons do that a lot, don’t you?”

Changmin stared at him. “I don’t get you,” he said at last. “How in the Devil’s name did you end up this way?!”

Kyuhyun shrugged. “I got bored.”

“…You got bored.”

“Yes!” the angle nodded fervently. “Do you know how uncomfortable standing on fluffy white clouds can be? And those harps — damn those harps!”

Changmin blinked.

“I threw my harp of a cloud,” Kyuhyun continued, his fists clenched, and his eyes sparking manically. “I never saw it again. I told Leeteuk-hyung that Eunhyuk-hyung had stolen it.” Kyuhyun smirked. “Eunhyuk hot some time in the Bad Angel Corner.”

Changmin’s lips twitched, and he forced them into a straight line; the last thing he wanted was to make Kyuhyun think he was going easy on him. He was somewhat intrigued though; Kyuhyun was unlike any image he’d ever conjured up about an angel. Besides, hadn’t he been bored for the majority of the day? At least he now had something to do.

“Fine,” he told him, trying to sound nonchalant. “You can stay a bit longer if you like. But you’re leaving in about an hour or so, got it?”

Kyuhyun smirked.

“Can we go to your house?” Kyuhyun inquired, as he stepped through the portal, back into Hell.

“No,” Changmin replied simply. There was no way he was taking the unconventional angel to the palace — who knows what damage he would inflict. Plus, as far as his family knew, Changmin had long since gotten rid of the rogue angel.

Kyuhyun pouted, kicking at the ground. “We’re doing this again?” he mumbled, petulantly.

Changmin sighed. “I’m supposed to have gotten rid of you,” he told him stiffly. “I can’t show up with you.” He jerked his arm in an attempt to distance himself from Kyuhyun. “Could you please let go of my arm?” he demanded.

“No,” Kyuhyun replied. He smiled. “See? I can do it too!”

Changmin rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Where do you want to go?”

Kyuhyun considered this. “…Do you have any landmarks?” he questioned, after a moment of thought.

“Not really, no,” Changmin replied.

Kyuhyun snorted. “Oh please, that has to be a lie. You’re telling me that there is nothing here, in this wide expanse of Hell?”

Changmin sighed. “There are the caves, I guess.”

Kyuhyun’s face lit up. “Oh, yes!” he exclaimed, his head bobbing up and down. “We don’t have any caves where I come from. They’d probably fall through the clouds and crush a bunch of humans, and Leeteuk-hyung would have an aneurism if that were to happen — and that’s saying something, seeing as we angels are immortal.”

“It’s guarded by a blood-thirsty hellhound,” Changmin told him. “He’s about…ten times your size?”

If anything, Kyuhyun seemed even more eager at these words. “Let’s go!” he cried, clapping his hands together.

“No,” Changmin replied (and, alright, that one was sort of intentional).

Kyuhyun groaned. “God you are boring,” he muttered, scowling. “Can’t we do anything? Why did you bring me back if you won’t let me do anything, huh? We’re just standing around in a forest!”

Changmin sighed. “What can I do to make you shut up?” he demanded. He was starting to question his sanity in bringing the angel back.

Kyuhyun cocked his head to the side, considering these words. “…Kiss me,” he said, at last.

Changmin blinked.

“Yeah, that’s right, kiss me!” Kyuhyun repeated, his eyes growing wide. An excited smile spread across his face, and he began to bounce up and down on the balls of his feet. “I kissed you before but you never responded — now I want you to kiss me!” His wings fluttered, lifting him an inch off the ground. “Come on Hot Demon Dude, give me a kiss! Give me a kiss and I’ll leave! Come on! Kiss me! Kiss — ”

Changmin kissed him.

…Or tried to anyway — it was a bit hard to do, what with Kyuhyun floating above the ground, and a moment later Changmin found himself on the ground, clutching the back of his head.

“Ow, ,” Changmin moaned, his eyes clenched shut.

“Oh, kisses and swearing!” Kyuhyun crooned, floating above him. “This is the best day of my life! You’ve tainted my lips Hot Demon Dude — even if it was only for a second — and I will be forever grateful to you for that.”

“I only did it to shut you up,” Changmin replied, blushing, and avoided Kyuhyun’s gaze.

Kyuhyun snorted. “Whatever you say.” He fluttered down, landing on Changmin’s knees. Changmin’s cheeks grew warmer, and he pointedly stared at the ground.

“Get off me,” he muttered half-heartedly.

“Can you kiss me again?” Kyuhyun questioned. “Longer this time. And then I’ll be out of your hair, I promise.”

“No,” Changmin snapped.

Kyuhyun simply smiled in response. “Okay then,” he said cheerily. “That just means you want me to stick around for longer!”