Chapter 4: Aerin

Unconditionally

"Hi, I'm Chanyeol.." he said while giving his right hand to me gladly. Not sure what to do, I shake his hand in reply with those worry and awkwardness. This guy must be one of the member of exo but why doesn't he joined his friends? 

"I'm Aerin.." I introduced myself to him while giving him my unsure smile. I don't know if it's considered smiling or not cause I thought I just give him a very very simple curve from my lips and my eyes doesn't show the happiness at all. 

"Nice to know you, Aerin-ah.. I hope we can be friends from now.." and with that I stopped my steps. 

"W.. What?" 

"I said.. I hope we can be friends from now.." he unhessitately repeated his words that smoothly split out from his y roseate lips. 

"We.. We barely know each other and.. beside.. I bet you're one of the members of exo and.. And.." my gosh.. why should I blabbered?!

"And..?"

"And... you're not suppose to have a friend like... me," 

"And why is that so?"

"Cause I'm not the type of your friends.." and with that he chuckled really hard. 

"You know what? Though I'm just your new friend but I know that you're really silly and naive..." he said while keeping his eyes and lips smiling on me. Well.. maybe I should change my perception about exo members from now? I don't think that all of them are the same. At least one of them likes to smile unlike the others..

"Probably a minute and 27 seconds ago you said that we barely know each other and we're just new friends. How do you know that you're not my type of friend?" he continued. 

Ya... He got the point here. How do I know that I'm not his type of friend? 

"Stop thinking too much. Those wrinkles are visible now. Come on! I'll treat you to my favourite cafe.." 

XXX

     Well.. Of course Chanyeol's favourite cafe must be really cozy and warm. Truthfully I really enjoy this cafe. The atmosphere is really calming and the jazz music is really relaxing. It's an inevitable relaxation. 

"What you'd like to order?" asked Chanyeol. I pointed out the green tea cheesecake which had been my favourite cake ever since I born.

"Alright.. 1 green tea cheesecake, 1 chocolate mousse please," then I left him for looking around the cafe, finding the comfortable seats. Probably sitting down near the windows and looking at the surroundings from here must be cool. 

Soon enough, Chanyeol come and brings the pasteries we'd order. 

"Gomawo, Chanyeol-ssi.." I said gladly. He'd been so nice to me out of nowhere. My point of view for exo should be changed. Really. Not all of them are beasts. Chanyeol's surely an angel. 

"So.. Introduce yourself.." he takes a morsel of his mousse.

"I did.. I said my name is Aerin. Han Aerin," I said as I take a spoonful of my greentea cheesecake. 

"I believe you've more things to said than that.." 

"Well.. I am the only child in my family. My hobby is singing, playing guitar or piano or violin. I love drawing and sometimes watching movies too if I have anyone who'd like to accompany me. Am I answering your questions correctly?" I said sarcasticly while looking at him with my playful eyes. 

"I think so. Hmm.. One more thing. Why would you move to Korea? I thought living in California is way better. I mean.. You know.." then I let the silence covers the atmosphere. This topic really brings me back to my family which I really don't want to discuss. This is painful. 

"Ehm.. Not really.." here we go another silence. 1... 2... 3 minutes had passed and still nothing comes out from my mouth. I just really feel numb. Emotional numbness. Replaying those hurful memories around my mind, I just can't express it through everything as in everything. 

"Sometimes you need to let go of hard things to be able to live the life you love, right?" and finally those words splits out from my mouth. I know he will definitely confused. I can tell. His face shows everything. 

"What I mean.. I left everything in California for a new life here in Korea. This is my actual homeland, not America. It's better to stay in your own 'house' rather in the other's if you know what I mean.." 

"I think so. You know what, I feel you're really a mysterious lady which made me want to be friend with you more. I want to know that thing that you're hiding from me," he said while biting his mochi. 

"I am not hiding anything, silly!"

XXX

Here comes another day of hell. It's just one day of school and I feel like I'm going through a year. I don't have any motivation of going to school to meet those unbelievable people. Who else if not exo members?

Besides, I have no friend. Well, if Chanyeol's included as one of my  new friend, then Chanyeol's the only one. Walking towards the gate, those sporty cars happen to pass in front of me. The screams start to bombard the school as I lower my head and start walking towards my class. Lucky me, I hardly find any way to go through this sea of girls. They blocked my way and even when I said excuse me for a billion time, still they don't want to give the way for me. 

Oh gosh.. This is going to be another bad sign. 

As I feel a hand grabs my left wrist, the figure pulls me towards his back and then walking through the sea of girls. This feels weird and eerie. Those pairs of eyes are staring unfaithfully to me as I close my eyes and let the figure to drag me along with him. Geez.. What a beautiful day to start. 

"Are you alright?" asked the young man while taking off his sunglasses. Who's this?

"Y.. Yeah.." 


Annyeong readers! I am back...! Sorry for the long waiting cause I probably really busy with my preparation for mid year exam. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and please do comment, subscribe, upvote cause I really need it :D once again thank you so much and see you guys in the next chapter!