Fourth meeting

Connected by a Red String

Chapter 4

“Hyung, you know that mon-man only wears like red, black and white!” V stated.

Jungkook ran in yelling, “Hyung, we are running out of Arabica beans!”

“Hyung, hyung, hyung, hyung!” Jimin yelled.

“Hyung, you know Suga-hyung is trying to set me up with his friend but I don’t know if I should!” V shouted. “Hyung listen to me.”

“Hyung, what about the coffee beans,” jungkook asked, “We need them otherwise we can’t make our special chocolate almond coffee.”

“Hyung no, my relationship is about to develop and this kid needs help more than that kid,” V shot back.

“Jungkookie loves me,”Jimin said, “Or so I have heard from others.”

Jungkook glared at Jimin then at V, “Our customer wants the coffee. It’s not my fault therefore, shut up and let me ask hyung where it is!”

“You don’t need to ask kookie, you already know where it is!” V retorted loudly and slowly.

“Hey only I can call Jungkook, kookie!”

“Shut up, all of you!” Jin yelled and rubbed his temples in circles, “Jungkook the beans are where they always are. V trying won’t hurt and Jimin we know about your undying love for Jungkook now what do you want?”

Jungkook smiled and left not before nudging V hardly in the shoulders. V nodded and went back to work swearing at the maknae and Jimin for revenge. Then Jimin had an annoyed face.

 “Hyung, a person not saying mon man or whatever ordered Taiyaki with red bean paste inside,” Jimin shouted into the kitchen as he started boiling water. “I told him that we don’t serve that today, Japanese specials are on Fridays, not on Thursdays but he wouldn’t take anything else.”

Jin automatically smiled at the words and turned towards the Café and looked for the customer near the window, sitting by himself. “No problem, I have the time,” he nonchalantly replied but a glare from V made him think otherwise.

“Oh yeah, totally hyung, you have all the free time in the world right now to make something like that  at a moment when we have to serve many others and our café is packed,” V stated, “hyung, where do you get all this free time from?” as he blinked his eyes prettily at Jin.

“Shut up Taehyung,” Jin replied sharply, “I don’t need your sarcasm, my dear dongseng.”

“Hyung’s stop your yapping and start working!” Jungkook yelled and then left with a bag full of coffee beans.

Jin glared one last time before he started to make the Taiyaki. He saw that Jimin was already done with the drink therefore he had to bake this in no time. It was basically the same ingredient as a simple cake minus the flavoring. Instead you filled it with various different pastes and this time it was going to be red bean paste. His favorite!

“So, how are you doing Rapmon,” Jimin sweetly asked as he set the tea for the other and sat down at the unoccupied seat across him.

Rapmon took his drink but glared at the other, “Don’t speak so comfortably, we don’t even know each other!”

“Oh, but I introduced myself to you already!”

“That doesn’t mean anything.”

“Why so harsh~ I just wanted to greet a friend, a close friend.”

Rapmon eyes were shooting lasers at Jimin’s direction but it changed when he noticed that Jin was coming his way. Then he looked back at Jimin and whispered in a serious tone, “Don’t think I am going to act nice towards you just because you know Jin. Now, get out of here.”

“Oh come on Rapmon, we are going to become the best of friends, soon enough!”

 “What are the two of you whispering to one another?” Jin asked as he gave Rapmon his Taiyaki.

Jimin smiled at Jin and then gave a smirk to Rapmon, “Nothing hyung, just wanted to talk about how Rapmon here is also Korean like us.”

“You are?” Jin exclaimed and looked at Rapmon with a surprised face.

“Yeah,” Rapmon said with a short smile at Jin. “You probably didn’t think so, huh?”

“And that he’s actually younger than you, hyung,” Jimin said again a clear taunting smirk on his face targeted at the mon. “Aren’t you Rapmon.”

Rapmon glared at Jimin and harshly replied, “Haven’t you said a little bit too much?”

On the other hand Jin looked totally ecstatic at the news, “No way, I wouldn’t have thought you were the younger one between the two of us. But wow, you two have become pretty close in such a short amount of time.”

“Hyung, no one and I mean no one can resist this cute and y boy or his personality!”

“You don’t seem to be going anywhere with Jungkook though,” Jin replied.

“Yeah, I don’t like your personality nor your looks,” Jungkook coming from behind with an empty tray in hand and glared at Jimin, “Now get your ugly up and start helping me!” then looked sweetly towards Jin, “Hyung enjoy your sweet time, it’s your break soon anyway,” and walked away.

“No, Jungkook dorawa atashino chingu,” Jimin said dramatically while following, “You got me speaking Japanese and Korean again.”

“Your subordinates are fu**ing weird Jin,” Rapmon said as Jin sat down occupied the seat that Jimin was seating on before.

“Harsh, but true. Anyways, it’s Jin hyung to you now,” Jin stated.

Rapmon rolled his eyes, “Why should I be calling you hyung in an English country, Jin?”

“Well maybe because Canada is a diverse country and I’d want to participate and keep my culture alive.”

“Seriously?!”

“Yeah, now try it say ‘hyung’.”

Rapmon looked at Jin like he was crazy but Jin was persistent so he did as he was told. “Hyung! Now are you happy!”

Jin smiled, “totally, but how many years old are you? I am 21.”

Rapmon sighed, “18, why is it going to change the way you see me?”

“Auggh, what is it with you and judging? Do people judge you a lot or what? I just wanted to know how many years apart we were!”

“Why want to know my background story to, hyung,” Rapmon said with a smile.

 “Okay, okay now shall we eat?” Jin kind of yelled, “Share your Taiyaki with me since I made 2.”

“Fine, only because I like you.” Rapmon replied with a smile and watched as Jin turned cherry red from his compliment.

“You are one weird kid,” Jin said as he bit on his Taiyaki harshly.

They ate in silence and well Jin did as he always did when he was eating with Rapmon. He analyzed the other and noted that today he was wearing more colours then shades. He was wearing a simple white t-shirt, blue sweater on top, black pants and black boots. To Jin Rapmon seemed to look good whatever he wears.

“What if Rapmon wore a sailor moon outfit for Halloween?” Jin voiced out his thought then his eyes widened in shock.

“Then I’d do my best and entertain you,” Rapmon replied and laughed. “Here hyung. Use this napkin and wipe off that stain.”

Jin took the napkin but in the process their hands touched and he felt a spark and dropped it. Then he felt that headache again and suddenly everything out. A voice Jin heard a voice; it was raspy, deep and warm. Though, hearing it made him feel comfortable yet, scared.

Get up and do your work already,” the man yelled his height tall and his skin tan, “I don’t pay you to loaf around. Hurry up and make the Taiyaki!”

Jin saw himself and he looked different. He was wearing a blue Kimono and his hair was longer and raven. He looked sad. Why? Again, he saw the man and this time he had a woman beside him. The woman sneered at him and glared at his way. He looked at the other man but he turned away before he could see the face. Jin could see himself feel dejected, hurt, and betrayed. He didn’t like the woman this time but something about the man. The man seemed to have a special place in his heart and seeing him with another woman hurt him. Tears fell down his rosy cheek.

The man without facing him gently placed a napkin in his hand but it only hurt him more.

Jin shook his head harshly and opened his eyes to notice Rapmon giving him a weird look. He looked at the other and the same kind of feeling arose in his heart. He felt like crying.

“What’s wrong, Jin?” Rapmon asked.

“Nothing….”

“It’s definitely not nothing because you look like you’re about to cry. Is my face that hideous to look at?”

“No, that’s not it!”

“Then?”

“It’s just why would a person keep on being nice to someone they can never return their feelings to even though they know it’s only hurting the other person.”

“Maybe, because that person might have the same feeling for the other perosn but, couldn’t express it due to hard circumstances.”

Jin looked at Rapmon in the eyes and he felt like he could trust his words. Like that really was the answer to his question. He could trust Rapmon even if he dressed so dark. Sometimes it’s best to trust instinct over your sight. It is.

“Hyung, it’s my turn to have lunch,” Jungkook said as he came towards the table near the window, “Jimin is asking for you to come back because it has just become busier.”

“Then this time I am going to have to leave first,” Jin said and stood up taking the empty plates and cup. “Bye Rapmon and atleast if you visit next time please, make it quicker.”

Rapmon smiled, “Why do you really like my company that much?”

“Yeah, so, what about it!” Jin stated and walked away before he could hear the answer.

Jin put the dirty dishes into the sink and started to wash them. His mind felt confused and he himself felt very scared. He looked back once at Rapmon while Rapmon was talking to Jungkook. There was some kind of resemblance but he couldn’t figure out what. Though at the same time looking at Rapmon made him feel at calm. He watched as Rapmon ruffled Jungkook’s hair and got up and just like that left. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's almost time, to ask me questions.