Call

Connected by a Red String

Chapter 6

"Hyung, Hyung wake up," Jungkook said softly as he shook Jin gently, "Rapmon said to give you food and take you home." 

Jin with a grouchy face looked at Jungkook, "why would I need to get out of my own house?!" 

"Zombie-Hyung, just get your out of rapmon's bed and eat!" Suga said. 

Jin glared at the two that were in front of him. It was a freaking Saturday; he didn't open up the shop till it was after 12 in the afternoon. He didn't understand why they had to come and bother him. 

"Stop glaring at us," Suga said, "Hyung, also stop shooting us with guns inside of your head.”

“I’ve done that plenty hyung. Let me just tell you it doesn’t work,” Jungkook said.”Tried it with Jimin, V-hyung, and even you at times but it doesn’t work.”

“That’s Jimin-hyung to you,” Jimin said appearing from behind the two. “Also, Jin-hyung this isn’t your house and I know you can understand what I am saying.”

“NO, y0u guys are the ones that aren’t making any sense at this moment,” Jin said, “I remember going into my house and sleeping beside my precious baby… wait this bed doesn’t look like mine, this sheet is definitely not mine, this room is not as bright as mine. Where the heck am I?”

“That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you all this time,” Jimin said, “Silly hyung, how didn’t you notice.”

“Maybe because he wasn’t looking at his surrounding properly since it’s like 9 in the morning and all he wants to do is sleep and all you guys have been doing is disturbing him,” v commented coming from behind the other three with J-hope beside him.

“Thanks V that really does make sense,” Jin told the boy, “Now, I feel hungry. One of you tell me where am I and what am I doing here?”

Suga raised his hand, “My dear problematic hyung, you are at Rapmon’s house and he decided to take you home because you fainted in the café and he called us this morning to give us his address and told us to take you home. Also, he told us that you should rest today but the way you look I don’t think that’s necessary and also if you do work today he will be coming to visit and drop you off. Just in case.”

Jin took in the information, his memories resurfaced and he sighed out loudly. First, he had been a bad owner and left the work just because of sleep deprivation. Second, he had troubled a fellow friend that he’d only met five times and even slept in his bed. Third, he was hungry and he needed food. Looking at all the people in the room he also sighed because they seemed to be snooping around Rapmon’s house without any permission.

“Jungkook stop looking at those books they are obviously rated, Jimin stop trying on Rapmon’s cloths and put them back, Suga my cousin you already have a camera don’t you even think about stealing that one, V and J-hope flirt somewhere else!”

“I wasn’t looking at the rated books hyung, I was looking at these mangas!”

“And I was just trying to see if his cloths were fashionable enough, not trying them on.”

“Hyung, how could you suspect your own cousin of such awful deeds, I was merely examining them to see if his camera’s features were as good as mine.”

“We were just talking!” V shouted with red cheeks and J-hope just looked to the left and avoided contact.

Jin rolled his eyes at their excuses and got out of bed then left the room. He was hungry and it was a Saturday morning. There was nothing he’d like to do then go home, eat breakfast, and watch T.V.

Afterwards, leisurely get dressed for work and walk to the café and open the shop in the afternoon when the sky was high in the sky.

“Hyung, wait for us,” he heard J-hope yell but just kept on walking downstairs, put his shoes and out the door.

Jin walked slowly as a mean to wait for the entire group behind him and also to enjoy the weather. This was the right weather to think of a way to thank Rapmon for taking him home when he was well just sleep deprived. It was almost weird how comfortable he’d become with Rapmon in a time span of 5 weeks. Well, they met five times from those five weeks but that alone was weird but it’s almost like Romeo and Juliet. They only needed a second to fall in love. It’s not love yet, but that also didn’t mean that Jin was somewhat attracted to the other. Rapmon was really entertaining to be around.

“What are you smiling about Jin-hyung?” Suga walked beside Jin matching his strides, “You look like one of those erts thinking of those things that happens after the dark,” he said wiggling his eyebrows.

Jin slapped Suga’s head and glared at him.

“Oww hyung, it’s not like I said anything wrong. I just stated a fact meaning you actually looked like it!”

Jin kept on glaring because he didn’t want to answer the question. He really didn’t want to say out loud ‘oh, I might like Rapmon but it’s quickly transitioning to something else’.  So, he just kept glaring at Suga and if glares could cause harm Suga would be in an ambulance right about now.

“Okay, okay hyung sorry!”

Jin stopped glaring.

Suga stopped rubbing the back of his head where he was slapped and seriously asked, “Hyung, what did happen to you yesterday? The others kept on telling J-hope and I about how you looked like you were about to die. Is something bothering you recently, do you need to see a doctor or maybe need a break?”

“It was just sleep deprivation, Suga,” Jin replied with a soft voice. Noticing Suga’s car he then boarded it, sitting beside the driver’s seat in the right. 

Suga followed along, “yea, and what was the problem that caused you sleep deprivation.”

“A drama.”

“Other than a drama cause I know you wouldn’t risk watching a drama during the weekdays because of work.”

“You are not my mother.”

“But as a co-owner of our business I am worried about our café and as your cousin I am worried about you.”They were halted at a stop sign and Suga looked at Jin with sincere eyes that showed he really was worried.

 Jin sighed, “It’s because of these nightmares that I keep getting.”

Suga gave that looked that said ‘go on’.

“I don’t really want to talk about it Suga. It’s disturbing and just, I just feel really uncomfortable sharing it.”

Suga nodded understandingly, “It’s okay hyung, but it’s better to share your worries then to keep them bottled up. Who know, you might blow up one day after all the bottling up and without meaning to hurt someone close to you.”

“I know Suga, but for now it’s still too hard to try to even think about it all. Maybe next week, I will try to tell you again next week.”

Suga nodded his head and silently just drove towards Jin’s house. The silence killed Jin. He felt really bad for not telling Suga because he was the only relative that Jin had left. They were supposed to depend on one another. Tell each-other everything but Jin couldn’t. Just this once he couldn’t because it affected him to the point where he wanted to stop sleeping. Just this once.

‘Boom Clap Boom Boom Boom Clap’

Jin reached into his right pocket of his jacket and took out his phone and wiped the screen without looking at the ID and answered, “Hello?”

 “Jin-hyung, how are you feeling today?”

“Who is it?” Suga mouthed and Jin answered, “Rapmon.”

Then smiled as he said, “Feeling sad, I didn’t get to see you 2 days in a row.’

“At least I called you right.”

“I am just kidding. It’s not necessary that you see me today.”

“Wow hyung! Here I thought I had finally gotten you to like me some more.”

“I do like you.”

“I meant towards the side where it’s all hearts and kisses.”

“It takes more than helping me once and meeting me 5 times to make me cross towards that world.”

“Haha, hard to get: I like it!”

“OMG! Rapmon seriously how can you not be embarrassed after saying that! It’s like a line out of a romcom movie or something.”

“But it’s the truth hyung!”

“Yeah, yeah whatever you say. Now, why did you call me?”

“Uh... oh yea, I can’t come meet you at the café today: emergency at work. Make sure you have someone from work drive you home.”

“I am not a kid Rapmon and I am totally fine. Also, what is your occupation?”

“I am a songwriter hyung. However, the artist I work with varies so it’s always hard to have a fixed schedule. And here I was craving for a strawberry chiffon cake with Jasmine silver needle white tea. ”

“Wow for sure I thought you were a social worker or a psychologist. Why a songwriter?”

“Because hyung, everyone loves to listen to songs and especially one person that I know. So I though why not right, plus you get to meet interesting people.”

“I see, then maybe if you come to the café sooner than you can get just that, my valuable paying customer.”

“Hyung, I thought we were closer than that!”

“Hehehe, you will have to try harder than that and bye I have to go! Stop slacking and get to work Mr. Songwriter.”

“Bye hyung. See you soon. Take care!”

Jin looked at his screen and then after staring for a while realization came to him. ‘How did Rapmon know his phone number when he hadn’t even given it to him?’ His eyes widened and he looked at Suga with those eyes hoping to get an answer.

“Pabo hyung, you talked for so long and you didn’t even ask how he got your number,” Suga said laughing out loud, “The trio that work with you gave it to him, pabo.”

Jin glared at Suga that was laughing at him and then glared at the none-existing trio inside his mind. After that he looked at his phone screen and then smiled while biting his lip and he saved the number and named it My Mon-man.