Chapter 3

Truthful Love [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-       “ Sunbae? “.

Suddenly, he abruptly leaned closer to her, their nose almost touching. She froze in her spot, taking aback by his sudden behavior. She looked at him with widen eyes as she waited him to say or do something. Jungkook’s eyes travelled between her eyes and lips.

-       “ Would you believe me…. if I tell you that I have a good reason for choosing you as my partner? “.

-       “ Excuse me? “. Ji Eun blinked.

 

Jungkook just smirked and leaned back as he crossed his arms.

 

-       “ Just saying “. He shrugged his shoulders.

 

Ji Eun scoffed as she shook her head and stood up, grabbing her backpack.

 

-       “ Yah, where are you going? “.

-       “ Where do you think? I’m going home “. She said as she swung her backpack over her shoulders.

-       “ Why? “.

-       “ I don’t have anything else to do here “. She shrugged her shoulders before turning around to leave.

-       “ Yah! No bidding goodbye to your sunbae? “.

 

Ji Eun rolled her eyes as she turned to him and bowed before leaving the classroom.

 

Jungkook scoffed.

 

- “ What a rude girl “. He sighed before standing up and leaving the music classroom.

 

- ~ • ~ - ~ • ~ -

 

-       “ Alright, I’m almost there. Yeah, I know the place. Ok, see you there then. Bye “. Mr Lee hung up as he shoved his phone in the pocket of his suit. His car arrived at the front of Olympus Hotel, a bodyguard opening the door for him. Mr Lee got off of the car headed inside of the hotel. Once he arrived at a restaurant, he spotted a man in navy suit, drinking a cup of coffee. “ Jeon Sung Min “.

 

The man in navy suit turned his head around and a wide smile appeared in his face.

 

-       “ Lee Dong Jin “.

 

Mr Lee walked toward him before giving his friend a tight hug with a friendly pat on his back.

 

-       “ Good to see you again “. Mr Lee said.

-       “ Me too “. Mr Jeon replied. “ Have a seat “.

 

Mr Lee nodded as he sat across Mr Jeon and fixed his upper part of his suit.

 

-       “ So tell me, how was your trip in Japan? “. Mr Jeon asked.

-       “ Quite okay, my wife and I just arrived today at noon. She’s already at home “.

-       “ I see “. Mr Jeon nodded.

-       “ How has business been doing? “. Mr Lee asked.

-       “ The same, nothing has changed. Except the fact that the company needs an increase. Every fashion company has been increasing for the past six months, yet Brand New Fashion hasn’t changed at all “.

-       “ That’s why we would fusion our companies to create DTN- K Fashion Production “.

-       “ You still remember our contract “. Mr Jeon nodded in approval.

-       “ How could I forget a friend’s promise? “. Mr Lee smiled.

-       “ Anyways, did you tell to your daughter about the arranged marriage? “.

Mr Lee’s face fell a little. He awkwardly smiled and shook his head.

 

-       “ Not yet “.

-       “ Well, that would be better. It could be a surprise for both of our children when we meet again for Friday’s dinner. How about that? “.

-       “ How about your son Daehyun? Would he be all right with his? Remember that he once had the inheritance “.

Mr Jeon sighed and nodded.

-       “ There’s something about that boy that I don’t like. I can’t trust him in giving him the inheritance “.

-       “ He still is your son. Give some faith to him “.

-       “ He’s not mature enough to be in the world of business “.

-       “ Neither do Ji Eun and Jungkook “. Mr Lee stated.

-       “ So, are you considering in canceling our project? “. Mr Jeon asked as he arched an eyebrow.

-       “ I’m just saying…would there be a possibility that our children are not involved into marriage? We can fusion our company without a marriage and I want my daughter to get married by love, not by business “.

-       “ I also wish that for Jungkook “. Mr Jeon paused with a sigh. “ But… according to our fathers will, they want our children to get married once Jungkook is 19 and Ji Eun is 18 “.

-       “ Ji Eun is still young to get married. She’s not ready to be the wife of someone “.

-       “ I also think that about Jungkook. But can we do? It’s what our fathers want “.

-       “ Even though you are my best friend, I disagree with our fathers will, it’s like taking the liberty of our children! “.

-       “ I know, and I agree with you….But these are orders from our elders. We can’t disobey them “. Mr Jeon stated.

 

Mr Lee sighed and shook his head in disapproval.

 

-       “ This is so unfair “. Mr Lee whispered.

-       “ If it’s okay, I decided to set for their wedding in two more weeks. Are you okay with that? “. Mr Jeon asked.

 

Mr Lee looked back at him and just nodded in the end. He hopes in not regretting with his decision.

 

 

 

- ~ • ~ - ~ • ~ -

 

 

Ji Eun was in her favorite coffee shop, reading a book while enjoying the smell of coffee around the place. As she flipped a page, she felt a presence in front of her. She looked up and smiled in happiness.

 

-       “ When did you come? “. She said as she closed her book.

 

Hongbin pouted as he sat across her.

 

-       “ Not even a ‘ hi brother! ‘ or how are you? ‘ ? “.

 

Ji Eun giggled and looked forward.

 

-       “ And Da Eun? “. She asked.

-       “ Choosing her ice cream flavor “. Hongbin pointed.

 

Soon, Da Eun arrived with a cone of strawberry ice cream.

 

-       “ Unnie! “. Da Eun beamed as she tiptoed and pecked Ji Eun’s cheek.

-       “ Hi Da Eun-ah! “. She smiled. “ How was school today? “.

-       “ It was great! Today we watched a documentary about tigers in Biology! “.

-       “ Is that so? “. Ji Eun asked and Da Eun nodded in response with a smile on her face.

-       “ Did you have a good time at the park with Hongbin oppa? “.

-       “ Of course she did! She had much fun with oppa than unnie, right Da Eun? “. Hongbin said as he wrapped an arm around Da Eun.

-       “ I always have fun with both “. Da Eun giggled before her ice cream. Both siblings giggled by her cute comment.

-       “ Anyways, what are you doing here? I thought you had practice until late “. Hongbin said while blinking.

-       “ About that… “. Ji Eun placed her book on the table. “ The principal decided to have some changes in this event “.

-       “ Changes? “. Hongbin arched an eyebrow. “ I don’t remember that my old school could have some changes in school activities. What happened? “.

-       “ Do you know a classmate called Jeon Jungkook? “.

-       “ I heard about him… “. Hongbin slowly nodded in approval.

-       “ He’s the one who decided to have some changes in school, wanting to do a duet with me “.

-       “ What? A duet?! And do you even know him? “.

-       “ Of course I know him! He’s the boyfriend of our lovely stepsister. They make out near my locker every single day “. Ji Eun rolled her eyes and took a sip of her cold Americano.

-       “ Ew~ Gross. How can a devil like Min Ah have a boyfriend? I feel pity toward that Jungkook “. Hongbin sighed while shaking his head. “ So what? Do you like him? “.

-       “ What? Are you crazy? Why would I like a bastard like him?! “. Ji Eun cried out in annoyance.

-       “ Chill! No need to be upset! Gosh… “. Hongbin sighed as he grabbed the menu card.

 

Ji Eun exhaled as she looked away, grabbing her drink and taking a large sip. Da Eun watched between her two siblings with confusion and titled her head.

 

“ I wonder what they are talking about “. She thought.

 

 

- ~ • ~ - ~ • ~ -

 

 

-       “ We are home! “. Ji Eun and Hongbin announced at the same time, entering in the house along with Da Eun.

-       “ So am I~ “. A female voice said as she came from the living room.

-       “ Mommy! “. Da Eun beamed as she ran toward the woman and hugged her tightly.

-       “ Aigoo~ My Da Eun-ah!~ “. Mrs. Lee rocked her forward and backward while patting her back. “ Mommy missed you so much~ “.

-       “ Me too! “. Da Eun giggled.

-       “ Yah mom, you are too much. Where is my hug?! “. Ji Eun pouted as she crossed her arms.

-       “ Yeah! You left for almost a month and the first thing you do is to hug Da Eun instead of your eldest son. No, no mother. I didn’t expect that from you “. Hongbin complained while shaking his head in disapproval.

 

Mrs. Lee broke the hug and stood up while looking at her children.

 

-       “ Aigoo~ Okay, okay. Come here both of you “. Mrs. Lee chuckled before pulling both of her children into a hug. “ I missed you guys “.

-       “ And we missed you too~ “. They said in unison.

-       “ So how was school today? “. Mrs. Lee asked after breaking the hug.

-       “ It was fine “. Ji Eun nodded in response.

-       “ I got an A in Economics “. Hongbin announced as he did a ‘ V ‘ sign with his fingers.

-       “ I watched a documentary in Biology class! “. Da Eun jumped in happiness.

-       “ Is that so? Well, wash up and come to get dinner. Today mommy is in charge in the kitchen “.

-       “ Wait, what?! “. Ji Eun and Hongbin asked in unison with widen eyes.

-       “ What? Don’t you like my cooking skills? “. Mrs. Lee pouted in sadness.

-       “ Mom, I love you. But seriously… your cooking isn’t as great as Jae Hee-sshi “. Ji Eun pointed out.

 

Mrs. Lee gasped with hurt.

 

-       “ Sorry mom, but I have to agree with Ji Eun this time “. Hongbin nodded in approval.

 

Mrs. Lee scoffed and crossed her arms.

 

-       “ Alright then. If Da Eun says ‘ yes ‘ then all of you will get dinner from me “. Then she looked at Da Eun. “ Da Eun-ah~ Do you want mommy to cook for you? “.

 

Da Eun titled her head and looked at her siblings, who were slightly shaking their heads while giving her signs of ‘ Say no ‘. Da Eun turned to Mrs. Lee and smiled.

 

-       “ Yes! “. She exclaimed.

 

Ji Eun slapped her forehead and Hongbin awkwardly coughed.

 

-       “ That’s it “. Mrs. Lee clasped her hands. “ I will be in the kitchen if you need me~ “. Mrs. Lee sang before entering in the kitchen.

-       “ Please tell me that we won’t get that zucchini porridge she made last time “. Ji Eun begged as she looked at the ceiling.

-       “ If we get that, plan B. We would get midnight snacks at the convenience store “.

-       “ Call! “. Ji Eun said while pointing at her brother.

 

Ji Eun went to her bedroom and changed into a comfortable dress.

 

Ji Eun's outfit:

 

 

 

 

Finishing in washing her hands and face, she headed downstairs, where her siblings and mother were waiting for her in the dining room. Once she sat next to Da Eun, an unpleased expression appeared in her face.

 

-       “ Today’s menu is spaghetti with clam and pepper sauce. Enjoy~ “. Mrs. Lee smiled before she started to eat. Hongbin gulped as he started at Ji Eun.

-       “ What should we do?! “. Ji Eun mouthed at him.

-       “ I don’t know “. Hongbin mouthed back while shrugging his shoulders.

-       “ What are you guys doing? Eat “. Their mother demanded.

 

They looked at each other before grabbing forks and poking on the grey colored food.

 

-       “ Is that even a food? “. Ji Eun mumbled.

 

Da Eun tasted the sauce and wrinkled her nose.

 

-       “ What’s wrong Da Eun-ah? “. Mrs. Lee asked.

-       “ I hate clams “. Da Eun admitted.

-       “ But Da Eun, clams are good for your health “. Mrs. Lee insisted.

 

Hongbin took a deep breath before shoving the spaghetti in his mouth and chewed a few times before choking out.

 

-       “ Mom, are you trying to kill us? “. Hongbin whined as he spit out the spaghetti with a napkin.

-       “ Yah, what’s wrong with my food? “.

-       “ Mom, we want real food. Not… “. Ji Eun stared at her plate while poking it with the fork. “ A food that doesn’t even exist in this planet “.

 

Mrs. Lee sighed and placed her fork on the plate.

 

-       “ You guys are so mean, all right then. Jae Hee-sshi! “. Mrs. Lee called. Soon, Ms. Kang came in the dining room.

-       “ Yes, Mrs. Lee? “.

-       “ Make something for the kids, I guess no one appreciate my food “. Mrs. Lee stated as she glared at her children. Ms. Kang glanced at them and then smiled.

-       “ Right away, Mrs. Lee “.

-       “ By the way, where is Min Ah? “. Mrs. Lee asked.

-       “ I don’t know. With her friends maybe “. Ji Eun shrugged her shoulders.

-       “ Don’t worry too much about her, mom. She can handle by herself “. Hongbin stated.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter