Chapter 13

Falling in Love on a Show

Your POV:

Next Friday came by fast.  Chanyeol and I were on our way to the airport to meet my brothers in the morning.  When we got there and got our tickets and whatnot, we waited near the gate until my three brothers came and met up with us. 

"Hi," I said and stood up once I saw them coming towards us. 

"~you~!" Jisoo said with excitement. 

I smiled to them and gave them a hug one by one.  Then introduced Chanyeol to them.  "This is Chanyeol from EXO."

"Annyeonghaseyo, it's nice to meet you," Chanyeol bowed. 

"Nice to meet you, too," Hyunsu said. 

"So all three of you are ~you~'s brothers?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Yeah," Hyunsu replied.  "I hope she isn't any trouble to you."

"Oh, no.  She's..." he looked at me, "really nice."

We chatted for a bit since our flight doesn't take off for another 30 more minutes.  My brothers and Chanyeol got along pretty well and were talking non-stop.  As my brothers were telling Chanyeol about some past childhood stories about us, I slapped their arms once in a while when they told about an embarrassing part.  Then it was about time we should be getting on board and went to line up. 

"You can call us hyung by the way, but Jisoo here is your dongsaeng," I overheard Kwan say to Chanyeol while we were walking. 

Once we got into the plane and were settled in seats, I tried to get comfortable as possible since it would be a long trip.  I went to sit next to the window and Chanyeol sat next to me. 

"Thank you for coming with me," I thanked him once we were waiting for the plane to take off. 

"Of course, I wouldn't want you to go alone," he replied. 

I smiled thinking that he's actually worried about me.  "It's going to be a long trip, and I bet you haven't gotten that much sleep lately, so sleep," I said. 

"You should, too."

"I will." 

About an hour passed after the plane finally took off.  We were now in the air and watching the fluffy clouds around us.  I liked being on a plane and seeing everything from above.  It's just another way of looking at everything.  Soon I fell asleep. 

Chanyeol's POV:

It felt nice to go on a break after being busy and stuck with schedules non-stop for a long time.  It felt especially nice that I'm getting to travel with ~you~ for the first time because I want to get to know her better. 

The first time I met her on 'Law of the Jungle' I thought that she was just another singer/rookie singer reaching for the same goal as me, but through out the days I spent with her and the rest of the cast, felt special.  I found out things about her here and there during the program, but not enough to actually know her well. 

When she sprained her ankle and had to leave the show, I felt sad.  It was just then when we started talking a lot when the camera wasn't filming and started learning more about each other.  I was afraid that I wouldn't get a chance to meet up with her again, but we often bumped into one another at a music show when we were promoting at the same time. 

I looked to ~you~ to find that she was sleeping peacefully.  I smiled and studied her facial features, then I noticed that she kind of looked uncomfortable.  I hesitantly, and carefully, shifted her head to lay on my shoulder.  I know cheesy, right?  She looked better when she was sleeping on my shoulder.  Soon afterwards, I also fell asleep. 

Your POV:

I woke up and it was dark.  I realized that they were trying to get us used to the time zone switch, but got up anways.  Other than noticing that it was dark, I found myself laying on Chanyeol's shoulder.  Carefully I got off his shoulder and saw that he was asleep.  It suddenly got chilly, so I pulled up the blanket that was on him up and then mine.  Since there was nothing else to do, I tried to go back to sleep. 

~~After on the plane~~

We walked off the plane and out into the airport.  I really hesitated as I walked back onto my homeland.  There were people scattering to get to places and I just stood there for a moment taking in the things that happened in the past when I was here. 

"Are you coming, ~you~?" Hyunsu called out to me.  I nodded my head and quickly caught up with them.  Soon we were out of the airport and off to home. 

Surprisingly we arrived there earlier than expected, or maybe it was just me spacing out.  I got out of the car and grabbed my stuff out of the back.  After we all took our stuff out and dragged it all to the front door, we knocked on it. 

The door opened and there our step-mother was smiling brightly at us.  "You guys are finally here!  Come in, come in!" she exclaimed and opened the door all the way so that we could get in. 

We went to sit down in the living room and as I looked around the house where I grew up in, memories flooded in.  Good and bad things came to my mind.  I glanced at my brothers and saw that their reactions were mostly the same as mine, except that they were more then just happy about being home again. 

Then our healthy looking father came walking into the room smiling and saying,"Who was at the door, dear?"  We all stared at him surprised that he looked perfectly fine. 

"D-dad?" Jisoo stuttered. 

"Oh, hey," our dad said in a calm voice.  I noticed that his eyes scanned all of us and then landed on Chanyeol who was sitting next to me quietly bowing slightly to my father. 

He opened his mouth and was about to say something, but I did before he could.  "You look perfectly fine and healthy to me." 

"Well..." he started. 

"I could've been working and practicing right now, but I come here for nothing," I said in English. 

"~you~, don't say that," my step-mom said softly.   

"Shut up," I snapped.  "You're not my mother."

"~you~," both my brothers said.  It was a warning for me to stop and just listen before doing anything else stupid-like.  I didn't listen and continued with my bad attitude.  Then I quickly glance over at Chanyeol.  He looked really confused and clueless as ever.  I don't blame him though, I would be the same not being able to understand what's happening. 

"Dad, you lied to us," Jisoo said quietly. 

"I'm sorry, but would you guys have come if I just said that I wanted to see you?" my dad asked. 

"I would, I know maybe ~you~ wouldn't, but I would've.  But having to be worried sick about you not being well and then coming here and looking at you now is just not something I expected.  You've never lied to us before."

"Jisoo's right, dad..." Kwan said. 

"I know you guys would've came, but what about ~you~, huh?  She would've never came," my dad said stressed. 

"Yes, I wouldn't have.  Now I have to find a way back early," I butted in. 

"Why?  Just stay for the whole weekend."

"No, I can't stay here."

"Why?" my father kept questioning. 

"Because... you know why."

"Just because of you mother?!?!  Is that it?  All you think about is yourself, ~you~."  Now my dad was really pissed by the way his voice was so stern and angry I could really tell. 

"You don't understand."  I got up while biting my bottom lip. 

"I do understand." 

"No, you don't."

"Then what do you want me to do?  ~you~, you have to learn how to move on.  Stop staying stuck on your mother... she's gone..." he paused, "and she'll never com back."

What he said.  Those words that came out of his mouth... it really broke me.  A tear rolled down my cheek and I looked downwards to my shoes so no one would see.  Trying my best to hold in my tears and the rest of my emotions, I spoke back. 

"You don't think I already know that?!?  I've tried to move on ever since the day I saw her die right in front of me.  Ever since the last time I saw her wave and smile to me for the last time of her life.  Ever since I saw that other car slam into hers.  I've tried over and over again, but I just can't."  With those last words of mine, I took my backpack and suitcase and left the house. 

When I got outside, I was way to angry and sad that I didn't realize that I just left Chanyeol hanging there until I wiped my tears away and a familiar figure started walking beside me. 

Chanyeol's POV:

I watched as ~you~ and her family were speaking and arguing.  I felt a bit awkward just sitting there and watching everything go down like that.  Her father's shouting scared me a bit.  He would soften up his tone at times when he spoke, but he mostly spoke sternly and loud.  Suddenly she got up.  I looked up to her and saw a tear run down her cheek.  I was surprised.  It was just like that time before, although I didn't actually see her cry until now. 

She said one last thing before taking all her things and leaving quickly.  I was a bit flustered at that time, but gathered up my things too and following her before she ran off. 

When I got outside, I realized that it was starting to get dark out, then I saw ~you~ walking down the sidewalk.  I had to run to catch up with her because of how fast she was walking.  And when I finally caught up to her, I took a quick peak at her face.  She looked so pissed, yet sad at the same time.  Nothing like how she was when she was sleeping on the plane. 

I started to feel bad for her.  I wondered if this was how it was like coming home to her family all the time.  If it was, I wouldn't want her to come home anymore.  I could almost feel her pain as she was sitting there yelling back and I didn't want her to feel that pain anymore. 

When she finally stopped walking, we were stopped in front of an empty, lonely road.  I looked up and saw a nice looking school across the street.  At first I was totally confused.  I was about to ask her what we were doing there, but then she said, "This is it." 

 

 

--------------------------------------

Hi there! here's a chapter for you all!  I hope you like it!! :D  p.s. I don't really proof-read, so I apologize for my mistakes. 

 

Thank you!

~Angelflyer