Memories

Meeting You After 3 Years.

 

  • Just so you know, the flashback is in bold and italic.
  • Only Italic and quotes are the dialogs said to the character by the character. (they are thinking to themselves.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SeoYeon POV

I turn around to look at the preparations once again only to see someone looking at me. "It’s Him"

He slowly starts walking towards me with a smile on his face. I turn around and run towards the stairs and to Unnie's room.

                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I run up to Unnie's room and knock on the door.

"Why can't I face him" I think. My heart was beating faster than fast. I fell like my hearts' about to blow up into little pieces.

The door opens and a maid answers the door. 

"Where is Unnie? I ask.

"She is almost ready." she answered. I hear some maids giggling behind her. I push past the maid at the door to see Unnie at the dresser with the maids circling around her and the women from earlier. Unnie spotted me through the mirror and our eyes met. 

"OH MY GOD!" she screams as the finishing touches of makeup are applied. She runs towards me and cups my face with her hands. "You look so beautiful" she says looking me up and down.

"You look more beautiful" I say laughing. Soon enough the maids start packing and leave the room to give us some time together. Unnie suddenly embraces me in a tight hug. 

"It’s already 1." she says. "Just a few more hours till the engagement."

"Yea" I say gloomily. I wanted to ask her about yesterday but my eyes fall to the picture on her nightstand. I pull away and walk to the nightstand and pick up the picture which was beautifully framed. It was a photo of both of us together with Mom, Dad, and Granny when we all went to an amusement park for our birthday. Me and Unnie both have the same birthday, September 21st.

“I remember Dad rented the whole park so we could have the best birthday ever.” I said.

“I remember too.” Unnie said. “It was the best day of ever.”

We signed remembering the soothing memories.

“Yah! Today is my engagement be happy.”

I feel a stab in my heart, a stab that I shouldn’t feel. But I was happy for Unnie too. But why did she suddenly agree to the marriage?

“Unnie.”

“Hmm.”

“Why did you suddenly agree to the marriage?”

“Oh. About that, I meant to tell you earlier. What happened is—“

Suddenly the doors open and Mom enters with Mrs. Kim enter.

“Oh there she is.” Mrs. Kim said.

She gave Unnie a big hug.

“Today is the big day for you.” Mrs. Kim said. “Rest till then and don’t forget to eat lunch. I will be back at 7:30 and then we will start the engagement.”

Mrs. Kim walks out of the room as a maid leads her to the front entrance. Mom cups both of our faces with her hands.

“My girls have grown up so fast.” She says with tears in her eyes.

“Umma.” Unnie says as she gives Mom a bear hug. “Don’t say that. We will always be your little girls.”

I join the hug.

“I am daddy’s little girl but I love Mom too.” I say and Mom giggles.

We pull away as Mom gives both of us a kiss on the forehead.

“Get some rest girls. You both must be tired from the morning.”

Mom heads out the door and leaves us both alone.  My unfinished question pops into my head again. Just as I am about to ask Unnie again I see a familiar figure at the door. My heart suddenly skips a beat.

 

Jongin’s POV

“Why did she run away?” I was really flustered at her action. To get my mind off things I look around at the decorations and help out the maids to decorate.

“I think the flowers should be a little to the right.” I say to the maid.

A little while later I see Mom coming down the stairs with a maid by her side.

“Mom, are we leaving?” I ask her as I reach her.

“I forgot to bring something. You stay here and take care of the things that ought to be done for the wedding with Mrs. Lee.”

“Neh, Umma.”

“Then I will see you later.” Mom said as she took her leave.

As I turn around my eyes gaze up the stairs that she ran up. I decide to explore a little.

 

 

                                                                                                     ~END OF CHAPTER 3~