That boy.

Meeting You After 3 Years.

Mom, Dad, Granny, Unnie, and Me. We were the perfect family, up until last year that is. Last year granny was killed in an accident, at least that’s what we thought the cause was. Only a week later did we find out that it was a murdered? Since then, dad neither talked much nor smiled. Seeing his smile yesterday was the best feeling ever.

FLASH BACK:

"Seoyeon-ah! Heaun-ah! Come downstairs right now!" Mom called.

"uh! what now?" I said to myself as I got up from the study table.

Opening the door I meet Heaun, my older sister.

"Family meeting?" she asked

I shrug, “who knows."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now standing in front of our parents, Unnie and I look at each other.

"We have arranged Heaun's marriage" Mom said.

"Wow that was....straight to the point" I thought.

"What! But-" Unnie stops. Seeing dad there, was rare enough, the last thing she wanted to do was get him angry.

"You will be engaged tomorrow at eight pm, get yourself prepared." Dad said giving her a smile.

We stared at the scene in awe. When was the last time we'd seen him smile like that?

Dad turned to me. 

"Its up to you to help you sister prepare."

"Get everything ready." he told mom

Giving me and unnie a big hug. He walked towards the front door where his assistant and car was waiting.

Mom got up and handed Unnie a photo. "Hope you like him." she said smiling, as she walked away.

Next to me, Unnie smiled. "They're so happy!" she exclaimed, looking at mom and remembering Dad's smile.

My eyes land on the back of the photo she's holding.

Taking the opportunity, I snatch the photo out of her hand and run upstairs with it.

"Yah! Seoyeon-ah! Come back here right now!" she said as she chased after me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now in the saftey of my room I finally get to look at my future brother-in-law.

I  turn the photo around to get a look.

My heart drops."Its him" I whisper.

Knock knock 

I hear two loud knocks on the door.

Snapping out of my mini shock, I open the door. As soon as I do, Unnie snatches back the photo and looks at it in disbelief.

"How could this be!" she says. 

" Right, I am thinking the same thing. How could, Kim Jong In be your Fiancé?!" I think

"Why does he look 10 years younger than me! I have t-"

Ding Dong

She was cut off by doorbell.

We ran to the railing to find the maid running to open the door. As soon as the door opened, there stood a elegant looking woman. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw mom walking to greet her. 

The woman spoke in a low tone and her words could not be heard from where we were standing.

Though, Mom spoke in a much louder tone, I could make out only one word. No, not a word, but a name. Mrs. Kim.

"This must be Jong-In's mother" I think.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was sent to my room and only Unnie was called down.

I paced my room impatiently for about 30 minutes before I heard someone coming towards my room. I opened the door to see Unnie happly walking towards her own room. 

"Unnie!" I screamed in a low voice. "What was that about?" I asked

"Ah! Yah! Seoyeon-ah, you scared me! Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" She asked in a loud tone.

"Shhh!" I quite her. "Tell me what happened. Please."

"No! Go to bed. I need to sleep too. After all, I am getting engaged tomorrow." she said happly as she slammed her door.

I close my door and get ready for bed. 

"What could they have talked about?"

"Why is Jong-In getting married to her?" I think to myself.

"Stop! Stop, Seoyeon-ah, stop. Why are you thinking about him, why? What happened between you was the past. Think about right now."

I go to sleep trying to stop thoughts and memories from coming into my mind.

"Unnie is getting engaged. Be happy for her Seoyeon. Be happy for her." I whisper as I fall into a deep sleep.

 

 

Author's note:

Did you like it?? If you did please subscribe and vote for this story! Thank you! Aniyong!