Final

It's Not Okay. It's Not Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Come morning, come. Kyungsoo and his new found friend were still talking in the rooftop. The reason why Kyungsoo came there was thoroughly forgotten. Maybe it wasn’t, maybe Mina was just a good company that Kyungsoo didn’t think about her anymore.

The two of them talked about everything and nothing. They talked about things that made sense and things that could never do.

“You’re kidding!” He gasped; his eyes wide in shock.

Only a laughter resonated in the otherwise abandoned roof. “I am not! I’m serious. I really did punch a guy ten times bigger than me!”

“Wow. You sure have a lot of surprises in you, don’t you?” Kyungsoo noted and Mina couldn’t help but be a little smug.

Kyungsoo hummed as he realized he and a girl she met last night while he was about to kill himself was now talking as if they knew each other longer than that. It baffled him; how comfortable it felt to share his stories and how nice it was to listen to the other. Listening, Kyungsoo concluded it’s much better than talking. He liked listening to Mina’s eccentric stories and even though some sounded like he should be skeptical, he just wasn’t. 

“I don’t have a lot of surprises.” Mina scrunched her nose as she stood up. “You just haven’t experienced life as it is because you tied your life into something… temporary.” She added as she dusted off the dirt on her jeans.

Kyungsoo smirked at that thought. This girl wasn’t an ordinary girl. She had understood the complexity of living in such a young age. Well, she looked young and beautiful. And no, she wasn’t just beautiful because of her face; she was beautiful because of her soul. They barely know each other but Kyungsoo already had a good peek at her soul. It was really nice.

With a light groan, Kyungsoo stretched up his arms; finally tiredness creeping through his system. He was tired physically but he wasn’t tired like last night. That was a different kind of tired. Kyungsoo told himself that he would not let himself get a taste of that.

“I have to go now.” Mina turned to Kyungsoo and offered a hand to help the man stand up. “I have my shift at nine o’clock and I have yet to shower.” She giggled softly.

With no hesitation at all, Kyungsoo took Mina’s hands and pulled himself up making sure that not all his weight depended to the petite woman. “That makes two of us.”

“I’ll see you soon, then?” Mina prompted as she pulled her hand from Kyungsoo’s. It wasn’t awkward. Somehow, there wasn’t any awkwardness between them. Mina liked it and Kyungsoo liked it in return.

A small smile played on Kyungsoo’s lips yet again, “Yes, soon.” he replied.

It took Kyungsoo two hours before he’s finally back at their penthouse. Although he could’ve gone much faster than that, he had to give himself some time alone to think of what he should do and what he wanted to do not for anyone else but for himself. He had decided that being selfish wasn’t always a bad thing. Sometimes, you have to be cruel to yourself to continue to survive. He had to be cruel to himself and accept the reality that his life with Euna was over; which in a way was also being nice to himself. The chapter he shared with Euna had come to an end and he had to write a new one or else his story will end way too soon.

“And you haven’t even seen half of it.” Kyungsoo said to himself thinking that Mina would have probably told that to him if she was with him. But then again, Mina’s too complex for him to decipher.

The elevator opened up and Kyungsoo stepped out. He knew exactly what he would do and for the first time, he knew it was the right thing to do.

He typed in the password and opened the door; first thing he saw was Euna on the phone and his bestfriend Kai sitting on the couch with a worried stricken face while his wife, Hayoung was beside him rubbing his shoulder soothingly.

When Euna’s eyes landed on his, Euna immediately ran to him, “Kyungsoo!” He found himself wrapped up with Euna’s scrawny arms tightly. Kyungsoo didn’t make an effort to hug back but he patted Euna’s head softly. He saw Kai’s face painted with shock as the man stood up from his seat.

“What’s the commotion all about?” He asked, trying to lighten up the mood.

Euna sobbed silently on Kyungsoo’s chest, “I received a voice message from you last night… I thought you were just breaking up with me but then Kai called and he told me that you called him too and that you sounded… you sounded like you were to end your… your…” Euna was unable to say it. Guilt was washing through her entire being. She opted to stop from there and just hugged Kyungsoo tighter.

“Shh. It’s alright.” Kyungsoo knew what Euna was thinking. He knew she was thinking that if ever something happened to Kyungsoo, she would be the one to blame. But Kyungsoo knew better than blame her.

“It wasn’t your fault.” He assured. “Go inside our room and I’ll follow. We’ll talk then, hm?” Kyungsoo said as he removed Euna’s arms around him. He gave her a nod and Euna nodded back before she walked slowly back to their room and closed the door.

A small deep breath was all Kyungsoo was able to do before Kai’s fist landed straight down to his jaw. He fell down on his and looked at Kai with astonishment. Damn, that stung so much. The last time Kai punched him was back when they were ten years old; Kyungsoo drew a huge using a red crayon on the wall of Kai’s room. He knew he deserved that punch.

Today, he knew he deserved it was well.

“That’s for ing worrying my when I have a case to work on.” Kai said with gritted teeth. Hayoung was behind his husband and was quick to hold back his arm in poor attempt to stop him if ever he would throw a punch again.

“Damn, that hurt like .” Kyungsoo groaned as he stood back up. “Thanks, I needed a good punch.” That’s all he needed to say because he knew Kai understood.

“Hell yeah, you did.” Kai answered and grinned. “You dared to say goodbye to your bestfriend of more than fifteen years via phone? tard, I won’t allow that in all my glory.” Kyungsoo chuckled at that. He was wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter