One

It's Not Okay. It's Not Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was two o’clock in the morning and she was still not home. He glanced at the clock yet again and it was a minute passed two. He had been doing the same routine over and over since ten o’clock pm which was the time his girlfriend promised to be home. Kyungsoo, more than angry, was worried sick about his girlfriend’s safety.

It was and still is (as Kyungsoo would like to believe) a great and healthy relationship. Both of them were living in shared penthouse now. They were planning to marry soon but a lot of complications took a toll on them.  One of those complications was his girlfriend’s constant late night escapades which Kyungsoo didn’t know enough about.

Don’t get him wrong, when he found out, he tried to ask where Euna went to but it always end up in two scenes. One: Euna would get pissed off and it would end in a huge fight or two: Euna would ignore Kyungsoo for the reason that he ‘ask too much’.

Perceiving that it frequently conclude awfully and did naught except damage their relationship further, Kyungsoo simply consented to his girl going without more queries. Merely a few reminders like, ‘take care of yourself’ and ‘don’t get in trouble’ were the least Kyungsoo could do. Euna would flash a grin and place a flimsy peck on Kyungsoo’s cheeks and would say the similar line of, “I’ll be back before 10.” Yet, it turned out to be a fib as often as it was alleged.

Kyungsoo didn’t even realize he fell into deep slumber until his alarm blared off at precisely eight o’clock in the morning. He sat up blearily and turned to check the usual spot on the bed Euna was usually curled up on if not in his arms. All he found was a vacant space. With a sigh, he stood up and went to the bathroom to shower and freshen up, failing despondently into attempting to focus himself to get all set for work.

As soon as he finished prepping himself for the lengthy day ahead of him, he sat on the edge of their bed and contemplated. Should he converse with Euna about this? Should he not? Perhaps he ought to. He extended his arms to reach his phone atop the bedside table and rang his girlfriend’s phone.

At first, he supposed his phone was on speaker mode as he’s certain he heard a phone ringing nevertheless, after the third ring, he finally grasped that it was not his but Euna’s mobile buzzing; at least out of the room. He went out of their room, following the sound of the ring and spotted Euna ostensibly wasted on their heart-shaped couch. A small breath of relief fled through his mouth. Euna was so fatigued and presumably drunk when she came home that she didn’t have the vigor to go into their bedroom much more to even remove her shoes. He clicked the red button to end the call.

Kyungsoo lifted the sleeping woman in his arms and carried her towards their bedroom. He cautiously plopped her down the bed and removed her shoes. When Kyungsoo progressed to get rid of her alcohol smelling jacket followed by her sleeveless satin tank top, he was stunned by the hickeys that rested upon her upper chest area. Kyungsoo was sure he and Euna had zero for the past 3 weeks. Well, for the reason that Euna started going out about that period. It stung and nipped his heart, knowing that his girlfriend was getting laid somewhere else with somebody else.

Yep, he was resolute that he needed to talk to Euna about this. He had to before it go out of hand.

After planting a light kiss on Euna’s forehead, he stood up and went out of the bedroom. The bedroom that used to be filled with their scent and was the nest of their love was nothing but a four-cornered room now. What happened to them? Kyungsoo pondered as he sat dejectedly on the couch. He should be at work now and he ought to be wringing his brain for supreme marketing strategies as he regularly did but he couldn’t even think straight. He decided that it’s better to miss work today.

As he started to plan what he should say, how he should what he should say and the accurate timing of saying it, he felt something vibrate beside his . When he looked at whatever it was, he saw Euna’s pink colored phone. It still had the pink dolphin keychain they bought on their second anniversary dangling on it. It made Kyungsoo smile. The fact that Euna still use the keychain meant that their love wasn’t entirely deteriorated. Maybe the hickeys were merely mosquito bites, no? Or maybe she was only drunk and didn’t mean to sleep with anyone.

Yes, Kyungsoo would forgive that.

The man was tempted to look at the phone. As much as he trusted his girlfriend, he was curious and maybe faintly suspicious. He was a tolerant man that trusted his lover 100% but the preceding few weeks began to disintegrate his once concrete faith. And so he confessed that perhaps, he had grown doubtful. Principally because of those obscure hickeys on his fiancée’s upper chest.

He mounted up, checked if Euna was still in deep slumber or not which apparently she was then he came back on the sofa. He gripped the phone and had one final deliberation of discontinuing. Kyungsoo opened it nonetheless. He was lucky that Euna didn’t have a lock code on her phone. Euna wasn’t the type of girl that uses code to lock her phone anyways since Kyungsoo never actually violate her privacy.

Well, there’s a first time for everything.

When he opened the unread message and upon reading, Kyungsoo’s heart shattered into millions of fragments. He didn’t know how to react. He stared at the message, supposedly from someone entitled Kris, that read;

-Enjoyed last night, as I always do ;) Be my own personal again later? I’d gladly you senseless again baby. I’d your every hole until you beg me to stop… which I know you wouldn’t because you’re a that wants to be dominated, aren’t you? Anyways, see you tonight. Can’t wait to use these new cuffs on you Euna ;*

He read it repeatedly for uncountable times. This message couldn’t be for Euna. Euna was a girl that holds extraordinary deference for herself. Yes, she was that kind of girl. Maybe this message was sent to the wrong person. Kyungsoo tried to defend her girlfriend in his mind; ignoring the fact that her name was clearly mentioned in the message. Innocent until proven guilty, right? He clutched the cellphone in his hands trying to stop himself from sobbing but he was too weak. Euna had always for being feeble. But his heart couldn’t take the agony of being cheated on. And so, he willed himself to wail even for only a little.

For the next three hours or so, Kyungsoo stayed on the sofa, immobile. At first he seemed to be crying ceaselessly. Although he tried to cry as inaudibly as he could, the small sobs morphed into hysterical demands of whys. Then, after the terrible crying, he felt empty and void of anything. So, he just sat there with Euna’s phone in his hands and gawked into oblivion.

When Euna woke up, she was shocked to find herself on the bed. She was sure that Kris left her on the sofa and she was too ashamed of herself to sleep with Kyungsoo last night. She couldn’t sleep with his fiancée, not when Kris publicly ed him in the dance floor of the club they went to last night. No matter how much she denied it to herself, she knew that she relished and adored every moment of it. Honestly speaking, she couldn’t wait for tonight.

She shook her head away from the licentious thoughts and her infidelity. She actually took a minute to consider Kyungsoo this time as she marveled where he might be. Usually, at this time of the day, Kyungsoo was either at work or at their bed. Since Kyungsoo was not in their bed, she concluded that maybe he’s at work. She stood up and grimaced at the sudden vertigo she felt. After lingering still for a moment, she finally headed over the bedroom’s door and twisted the knob open.

Euna found Kyungsoo on the sofa. He was stoic even though his cheeks were red and slightly damped. She was about to call Kyungsoo and ask him why was he not at work when her eyes trailed down to what Kyungsoo was gripping. It was her phone.

She ran and almost tripped as she grabbed the phone from Kyungsoo’s hands.

“Why are you holding my phone Soo?” She probed with a guiltless voice; taking precaution since she hoped that perchance Kyungsoo hadn’t seen anything yet. But the swollen, bloodshot eyes, damp rosy cheeks and clenched fist told her otherwise.

It made Euna tremor; the way Kyungsoo raised his head and looked up to her. She then realized what she had done. She cheated on Kyungsoo. The man that took care and loved her for years.

“I’ve read the message.” Kyungsoo said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter