"Oppa?"

12 Older Brothers

Chapter Four: "Oppa?"

I'm not sure where exactly I'm going but I found a washroom and went inside one of the stalls. 

"What exactly is going on?" I say to myself and stare at a poster stuck on the stall door. It's EXO's concert poster. I stare at it and my eyes land on Xiumin. I don't see it, I don't see the resemblance we have. How... how can we be siblings?

My thoughts were interrupted when I hear the door open. 

"I know you're in here, Hope" Lance. I sigh and pull the door open in front of me and see Lance looking down the stalls but he sees me and let out a breath. 

"I get you're surprised but... there's a lot that you should know and... I think grandpa and I are done with hiding secrets from you" He says and looking at his expression, this has been the most serious he gets. I don't understand... what does he have to do anything with this? Lance steps closer to me and grabs my wrist and led me out of the washroom. As soon as we stepped out, I was shocked to see the group of boys outside. 

"Hope, are you alright? Are you hurt? Are you--" Grandpa starts approaching me and checks my body as if I fell on the stairs. I pull my arm slowly away from him and he still looks worried. I never worried him this much. Never. 

"Grandpa, what secrets are you hiding? What is Lance talking about?" I may have come out rude but right now I just want an answer. I just want an answer to all these things. What secrets is my grandpa hiding from me? Why is grandpa so worried? And most importantly, how am I holding the same bloodline as EXO's Xiumin?!

"Arrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This is driving me nuts!" I put both hands on each side of my head and rake my fingers through my hair. I realize my sudden reaction and man, can I get any more embarassing. I close my eyes shut and when I open them, I'm surprised at what I do next.

I grab Xiumin by the wrist and pull him back into an empty waiting room. I lock the door behind me and cross my arms in front of me. 

"Okay, look. I'm not upset or anything... it's just... I mean, it's great that you're my brother and all like come one you're an EXO member and God you guys are amazing like what the freaking hell?! I, Hope Ambert, am an EXO dongsaeng?! like whoa... I--"

I notice Xiumin's lips curl into a smile and I had the urge to smile back but I bit my lip and held onto the necklace that's dangling on my neck. Xiumin notices and his eyes focus on the pendant. It had my name on it: Hope. 

"Hope. It is a beautiful name" He says and I saw the way his fingers curl into fists on his sides. 

"Is anything wrong?"

"Ermm... I'd rather not talk about it now... what's important now is that... I'm here to stay" He says and wraps his arms around me once again. Silence engulfed the room and I can hear muffled voices from outside. 

"I'm sorry..." I hear him whisper and felt his arms wrap around me tighter. I bring my arms up and wrap them around him. 

"Sorry for what?" I ask. Xiumin pulls away and again, the tears roll down his cheek and he quickly brushes them off. 

"Don't worry about it. But... let me introduce myself to you."

"But I already know you."

"You do, you know me as Xiumin. Not as Minseok. I'm Minseok..." He says sticking his hand out and his free hand rub the back of his neck as he adds: "Minseok... your brother... Minseok... Oppa" He whispers the last word. I took his hand into mine and introduce myself.

"Oppa?" He nods.

"Am I not? You are my dongsaeng" He says releasing my hand to ruffle my hair. Man, he has the same habit as grandpa.

"I guess, Xiumin... Oppa"

"Minseok! Minseok Oppa!" I flinch at his reaction and raise both my hands in surrender.

"Whoa there, take it easy. We did just meet! It'll take time for me to get used to" I say and right then, Xiumin grabs me by the shoulders and gets me in a headlock. 

"Argh, you have the same habit as grandpa! I don't like you anymore!" I say while he ruffles my hair again. He releases me then and gives me another smile. 

"Anyways, we have lots to catch up on. Let's go out on a midnight dinner with dear old grandpa like old times!" He says placing an arm around my shoulder as he leads me out.

"Like old times?" I repeated but instead of answering my curiousity, Xiu-- I mean, Minseok Oppa asked me a different question that made me choke on my own saliva.

"So I hear Kai's your favourite?"

* * * * * 

I thought that it was only a bond between me, grandpa, and Xiu--darn it, I will never get used to this--Minseok Oppa but I didn't know that fourteen other guys are joining us. I'm left baffled in the living room that I didn't even realize that my mouth has been hanging open when Lance put a hand under my chin to close it. I look at him and he just starts laughing and made his way in the living room and joined the rest of the guys. 

How the hell did this happen?!

"Boys! I brought chicken and--" Before I could even see who just came in, Tao already starts running past me and grabs a bag from his manager hyung.

"CHICKEN!" Kai moves away from playing the kinect with Sehun and grabs the other bag from grandpa. I'm in complete shock to see this side of him but it wasn't long when the rest of the members decide to follow his footsteps. So, despite watching showtime, that's nothing compared to real life EXO boys grubbing on chicken. 

"Well, guess I got lots of cleaning tonight" Grandpa yawns. 

"You can go straight to bed, grandpa. Lance and I will handle this" I say but I might regret it later on seeing how the boys attacked the bag that grandpa and the manager hyungs got home. Before I could ask grandpa again, he's already gone from my sight. Guess I have to clean this all up on my own. Sure, Lance is here but knowing this kid, he'll end up cleaning one plate and leave the rest to me. I watch the guys eat the chicken with bare hands, not bothering to care about their image, and just smile. I saw Joey then, his ears perked up in the air as she walks around the boys. 

"Right, I have to feed him" I say to myself and walk in the kitchen to grab his food but before I could even pour the dog food in his bowl, I saw him stand on his hind leg and...

Oh. 

My. 

GOD.

"Joey! Get off him!" I say and pull Joey off Chanyeol's back. Chanyeol drops the food on the floor at the sudden attack of my golden retriever and Joey took this as an opportunity to eat the leftover bits of food but I pull him by the collar.

"Sorry, Chanyeol!" I say to him.

"Haha! Don't worry about it, Hope!" Chanyeol says and starts washing his hands by the sink before proceeding to grab more food. I didn't bother interrupting the guys and pull Joey away from them before he attacks another EXO member and if my dog lays a scratch on one of these boys, I am done for.

"Boy, you get more excited with more people eh?" I say to him and pat his head. I decide to sit by the balcony floor to keep Joey company and hear the boys laughters from inside. I still can't believe that they're here... and to my surprise, grandpa actually allowed boys here besides Lance. 

Joey lay his head on my lap and I see his eyes starting to close and play with his ears. It's June and the night feels a lot nicer with the cool breeze. I start to close my eyes when I hear the screen door squeak and see Luhan come out and sat beside me.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" He asks.

"You already are, what can I do?" I say jokingly in which Luhan chuckles. He ruffles my hair and pats Joey's head. 

"Still in shock?" He asks leaning his back on the wall. I nod my head once and saw the moon. Suddenly it reminded me of their music video, Wolf.

"Yeah, I mean... I don't remember having a brother" I say the truth. I really don't understand how I can have a brother. All my life I've lived with grandpa and mom and that's my family. I don't recall a brother let alone a father figure. I know that my grandma passed away even before mom had me as grandpa says so that's pretty much it, just the three of us.

"Well, I don't exactly have the right to say anything so I'll let Minseok talk to you about that" He says standing up and dusting himself before going back inside. I decide to go inside too and wake Joey up before it gets even colder. I close the balcony door shut and right when I turn around, the boys are huddled over in the living room with their eyes glued to TV as they watch--

"OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS WATCHING?!" I yell but instead of taking notice of my rage, they just laughed. 

Author's Note!

Guys! Thank you so much for subscribing to this story! I can't believe it! Yehet! Anyways, thanks for thos who subscribed and continues to show support and PLEASE, leave comments! I'd love to hear from you and how you react! Gahhhhh! Thank you, thank you! :)