Surprise

12 Older Brothers

Hello beautiful people! Thank you for supporting this story and thanks to those who subscribed! Really appreciate it! Here is a new chapter for you all!

Chapter Three: Surprise

My heart is literally going to rip my chest apart from pounding so loudly. We are going to be dead. 

Lord, I'm sorry for being such a foolish girl. I'm sorry for being friends with Lance. I shouldn't even fall for his crazy antics. Please, please! Please don't take me away just yet! I don't want to leave grandpa and Joey all alone! Just take Lance! 

"Who are you?" The huge security guard asked. He looks really intimidating with his glasses covering his eyes, his head completely shaved, and his huge muscled body that is clothed in a complete black suit. 

I swear I want to choke Lance right now at his smugness. He gave the security a playful smirk and showed something to them, a piece of paper or something. 

What the hell is he trying to pull of? A magic show?

The security looked intently at the piece of paper and nods his head once. 

That's it, goodbye world! It was nice existing.

The security gathered up his men and started to whisper amongst them. The huge man faced usand motioned for us to follow him. I realize Lance hasn't let go of my wrist yet and I don't mind because right now my life is going to end. I will never see EXO again, never!

The security stopped in front of a door and held up a hand in front of us halting us to wait. He opens the door behind him and I can't see what's inside because his body completely blocked the view. 

I heard muttered voices from inside the room and I place a hand on Lance's arm.

"What have you done?!" I whisper to him loudly. Lance didn't respond but insisted he fixed his eyes on the door and righ then the security stepped aside and I saw the sign on the door: EXO. My eyes widened. 

"You can come in now, sir" the security said to Lance. I raise both eyebrows at my best friend.

"Sir?" I ask him as he pulls me in the room. The people inside were rustling around and I realize that this was a dressing room. My heart pounded when my eyes began to notice the familiar faces. 

"Staff, please make your way out now. Thanks for all your help!" A man, probably in his late twenties, announced. The staff started to leave one by one revealing more of the familar faces. Right now, they look completely different from stage. Most of them has removed all the make up on their face, wore sweaters and hoodies, and... 

"Oh, anyeong!" One of them started making his way over to us and without knowing, I went behind Lance. He starts to chuckle then and shook Lance's hand like they knew each other for a long time. He steps back and gave me a smile that made his eyes look smaller. He stood tall before me, but Lance was still taller than he was. His expression is completetly different from stage, his eyes were soft, and you can already his roots growing from the blonde hair. 

"Hi! I'm Suho... erm... but I guess you already know that?" The blonde guy says to me as he stuck his hand out to me. 

"Ehhhh~" The rest of them exclaims at Suho's sudden boast. 

"You're so full of yourself, hyung" I heard Chen say as he pushes himself from the sofa he was sitting on to stand beside his leader. He, too, stuck his hand out for me to shake. I felt Lance body shift away in front of me and puts a hand on my shoulders.

I face Lance and he gave me an encouraging smile. I took Suho's hand for me to shake and then Chen's. 

Silence grew stronger and Suho clapped his hands together as he says: "Alright, boys. Introduce yourselves"

The rest of the members began to introduce themselves one by one, casually. Not the way they introduce themselves to their fans. It's almost like... meeting a normal person. I mean, duh, they're popular! They're known all over the world!

As I shook hands with each of them, I just can't believe it. It's real... they are here... in front of me...

"I'm Jongin" Kai says as he stick his hand out for me to shake. I was surprised he introduced himself with his real name rather than his stage one and it sure made my heart start to beat louder as I grab his hand. They were not exactly soft, probably from hardwork, but I didn't mind it.

"H--hi." I stutter. We release our hands and I bit my lip. 

"You're her favourite" Lance whispered to him, enough for me to smack him on the back. I felt my cheeks warm and the members began to tease Kai.

"Shut up" I say to Lance and pinched his side making him yelp.

I look around the room then and I knew one of them is missing. I wonder where--

"Oh, hyung! You're here!" I hear the door open from behind me and I turn to find the missing member.

He hasn't changed from his stage outfit yet and as he soon as  he spots me, he stops on his tracks. I gave him a small smile but his expression was blank. 

I look away considering how awkward that was and look down on my feet. I hear his sneakers squeak through the floor and all of a sudden, a pair of arms wrap around me. My face buried against his chest and that's when I realize who it is.

"Xiumin hyung..." I hear one of the members say. My hands were on my sides and I'm not sure what to do with them. Do I hug him back? But I mean, why is he hugging me in the first place? I felt his arms wrap around me tighter and felt water drop on my cheek. I look up and saw the tears in his eyes. 

"Uhm... what..." I manage to pull away and watch him wipe the tears from his eyes. 

"I'm sorry" He says and make his way in front of one of the dozen mirrors in the room as he grabbed a tissue and began to wipe his make up. I would have laughed considering he is a man but I can't because he seems emotional at the moment. 

Right then, the door opened again and I was even more surprised to see my grandfather. What is he doing here? Isn't he supposed to be home? 

"Grandpa?" Grandpa gave me a smile and his eyes shifted to where Xiumin is sitting and continously cried. I can't believe how such a young man could cry so much. I wonder why. 

Grandpa walks over to him and pats his shoulder making Xiumin look up. 

"Grandpa, sorry" Xiumin says. Curiousity grew even more when he comfortably called him "Grandpa". Did they not just meet? But wait... how did grandpa manage to pass the security? And wait! How does the security even know Lance?! 

Am I dreaming? I put a hand on my cheek and lightly pat it. I slap it then to wake myself up from the dream. I know, this is probably a dream come true to be in one room with EXO but this is getting way out of hand.

Grandpa looks up at me then and I can't tell what's on his mind. 

"Hope, there is something you need to know" 

"Wh--what is it?" I stutter and saw grandpa put an arm around Xiumin's shoulders who is still slumped on the seat. I hear grandpa take in a breath and looks from me, then to Xiumin, then back to me.

"There is no other way to put this but..."

"But?" 

"Xiumin... Xiumin is your brother"

My eyes widened but then, I realized something.

"Sheesh, grandpa. This is one of your tricks again, right?" I let out a nervous laugh but I realize I was the only one laughing. Not even Lance laughed with me. I bit my lip then and look around me and notice the expressions on their faces... they didn't look surprised or anything. 

"You're serious?" I say when I look up to grandpa. Grandpa nods his head once and I swear I feel like my legs have lost all its feelings. I'm not sure how to react nor can I move.

"Brother? I have a brother?" I repeated to myself.

"Yes, Hope... it's a lot of explaining to do and I promise I'll tell you everything" Grandpa says, his voice full of concern. 

I always thought that these things only happen in movies but right now, my mind is completely blank. Or rather, I just don't know what to think. My grandfather has given me the best birthday gift ever and any girl would want to have this kind of gift for their 20th birthday but... I didn't expect other surprises along with it.

"Grandpa, you're lying" I say absentmindednly as I look at the twelve pairs of eyes before me. 

"I am not. This... this is true" Grandpa defends. My eyes lock on Xiumin and he, too, stares back. We held each other's gazes for a moment and I just got this weird feeling, a feeling of familiairty. And I'm not sure if I like it.

"Hope, he is your older brother" I could barely hear my grandfather's voice but as if on cue, Xiumin steps in front of me and I automatically step back as I bumped into someone behind me. I turn to see Lance who helped me balance myself from falling. 

Moments later, the door creaks open behind me and I hear a voice say: "Boys, we need to head home".

Suho cleared his throat to break the tension and motions for s to step out of the room leaving me, grandpa, Lance, and Xiumin in the room. 

Xiumin opens his mouth to speak but before I could allow him to, I turn and ran out of the room passing by the EXO members. I hear all of them call my name but I didn't turn. 

How can we be related?

How am I EXO Xiumin's sister?