Senah

Ailurophile

     Minyoung, completely unaware of Sehun’s texting with the mysterious girl, bounded into the living room where her boyfriend was at with a broad smile. She was about to celebrate with him since her brother acknowledged Sehun, but paused when she noticed his grim expression.

     She waved her hand at him, but he continued to stare blankly at the floor. She snapped her fingers at him, but he didn’t seem to hear. With a worried expression, she made her way to him and looked into his eyes.

      “What’s wrong?” she questioned softly. Sehun opened his mouth to speak but paused.

     He hesitated.

     Minyoung could see that. Which could mean he was keeping something a secret or really perplexed about something. Sehun wondered if he should tell the truth… He shook his head. He could deal with the problem himself. Instead of telling her, he just gave her a small smile while taking a hold of her hands.

     “Nothing. Now that you’re here,” he joked with a charismatic grin. Minyoung sighed in relief. She playfully punched his arm.

     “So cheesy, you grease ball. I thought there was something wrong,” she said. They laughed at that, but inside Sehun felt really really bad.

      Not only was he worried about meeting her, but he was also somewhat deceiving Minyoung. But it had to be done. Minyoung could not know about his past with her.

     “Actually Minyoung, I was just worried about what you would do while I go out to get your birthday present,” he half-lied. Well he was going to look for a gift since it was only about 1:00, so he wasn’t eactly lying. But he was going to the café at 4:00. “I’ll be back at around 5:00,” he continued.

     Minyoung was kind of disappointed. She wanted to go on a date or do something, but she was touched that he was going to spend some time finding a present for her. She nodded with a small smile.

     “It’s okay, I was thinking of going out to hang with Hana and Dahee and tell them that Xiumin oppa approved of our relationship and all that,” she said with a smile. “It’s about time I spent some time away from you anyways,” she teased. Sehun chuckled and ruffled her hair.

     “Ok then… see you,” Sehun said, making his way to the front door. Minyoung waved and watched him walk out. He sighed once he made it out. Angrily, Sehun scratched his head.

     Just what did she want from him? Why now? She had already toyed with him and his cousin… He clenched his hands. But then again, his cousin was at fault too…

FLASHBACK

     Sehun hummed happily as he walked home from school. The birds were chirping and he even caught glimpse of his favorite type, a chickadee. He observed the green leaves of the trees budding. Spring was coming, he thought. On his way, he saw her walk around the corner of the street.

     He waved at her, but she didn’t seem to see. He saw her walk into an alley. He frowned. Why was she going into such a dangerous place?

     He followed discreetly to ensure her safety. He paused though right when he heard a familiar voice. One he’s heard too many times to be mistaken.

     “How was your day?” the male asked.

     “Fine, just tired…” she stated.

     “Tests? Drama? Boys?” he questioned.

     “… I’m tired of everything but I’m especially sick of that boy, Sehun. He’s sweet but not my type… I need someone more daring. Someone like you,” she said, she said stepping closer to him. He smirked.

     “If you want me, I’m all yours,” he replied. He tucked her hair behind her ear. They gave each other small smiles. Slowly, she tiptoed and kissed him. He kissed back. While they were making out like there was no tomorrow, Sehun dashed away, tears streaming.

     He felt so betrayed.

     He didn’t know he was a bother to her. He just… liked her and did his best to make her happy.

     He didn’t know his cousin was into her... he might have backed off for his cousin.

     Why was he feeling all of this? 

     Why did he have to cry? He wiped away his tears as a new determination formed in his head. He would never talk to them. Never.

END OF FLASHBACK

     He shuddered at that short memory. It was something he wanted to forget, something he never wanted to witness… Focus Sehun, focus, he told himself. You have Minyoung now…

     He sighed again, got into his car, and zoomed off to a local jewelry shop. When he arrived, he heaved himself out of the car and into the store.

     “Hello, Master Sehun,” the woman at the front said as soon as he walked in. His eyes widened in alarm. He ran over to her and shushed her quickly, looking around if anyone heard. Luckily no one seemed to notice. He sighed in relief.  

     “Not so loud,” he muttered. She nodded meekly. He ran his hand through his hair. Hard to believe, but he, Minyoung, Hana, Kris, and all the others were all similar in one way…

     They all had busy parents that were rich from the biggest companies and such. As for Sehun, his parents owned chains and chains of jewelry stores annnnnd he could basically get anything for free. (He was kind of glad about this… he would not have to worry about all the engagement and wedding rings later in his life.) He turned to the woman.

     “Hi um… Miss Lee,” he said, looking at her nametag. “I’m looking for a birthday present for my girlfriend… Could you find me like couple rings or so?”

     “Why certainly,” she replied, scurrying off to search for the latest designs. She seemed to be taking awhile, so Sehun hummed as he strolled around the store, looking at rings, necklaces, and earrings. All of them just wasn’t… Minyoung.

     There were giant emerald gems, diamond trinkets, and more that any girl, but Minyoung, would love. He knew her. She was a simple but charming girl. That’s why he fell for her in the first place. He stopped in front of one glass casing, though. He frowned. Maybe it was a little too ordinary, but one ring stood out. But the more he thought about it, it brought a smile to his face. Miss Lee had come running up to him with five boxes, but he waved her off apologetically.

     “I’ll take that,” he said pointing at the ring. She raised an eyebrow.

     “Are you sure? That’s awfully simple for a gift… Plus that is a design from 2013 and cur-,” she stopped. She seemed to want to say more, but she just grinned knowingly.

     “I certainly would not have picked that, but I trust your judgement… it must have some special meaning.”

     With that, she opened the casing with her keys and tucked the ring into a red velvet box. She gingerly handed it to Sehun, who opened it to admire the ring. It did have a special meaning.

     It was a ring that looked like a cat… it strangely resembled Sehun when he could shapeshift. Silver and smiling, the cat ring beamed up at him as he did likewise back at it. He just needed to write a letter and buy some sweets and that would be that…

     Meanwhile, Minyoung had gone to Hana’s house where she met up with Dahee and Hana. Hana immediately sent Kris (who protested saying he had nowhere to go) out saying it would be a girls only day. They had reviewed their trip, eaten chips, and gossiped. Minyoung was just finishing up her story about her brother’s reaction to her relationship with Sehun.

     “Thank god,” Hana said, “I thought he was going to butcher Sehun this morning. If looks could kill, you and Sehun would have been sizzled into ashes.”

     “It’s amazing that your overprotective brother actually let this one go! He used to not let you come with us to school football games, thinking some guys would flirt with you!” Dahee exclaimed. They all laughed.

     Xiumin was famous for that at school. At the time, Minyoung had to deal with five girls who ogled at her older brother for being such a warm caring guy.

     “I know, he’s changed a lot…” Minyoung murmured. She remembered when he was really strict with her about everything. But after he went to college, he loosened up and she could depend on him more…

    At the thought of college, she smiled sadly at her friends. “Summer’s almost ending… and you won’t be there for my last year of high school…”

     “Awwww but you’ll have Sehun… and Jiwoo is going to move here soon. You’ll have Chanyeol and his prissy boyfriend… That beech…” Dahee said, while muttering the last part. Hana nodded, agreeing.

     “Plus we’ll still contact you and we’ll have a blast at your birthday party,” Hana said with a grin. Minyoung beamed.

      “You’re right! I can have fun even without you guys and you’ll always be there to support me, even if it’s on the sidelines,” Minyoung exclaimed. Laughing, they all gave each other a group hug.

     “Who wants to jog to the café and get a bubble tea for some bubbly fun?” Dahee asked. Hana and Minyoung looked at each other.

     “We do!”

A while later...

      Sehun finished. He was done thirty minutes ago. But now that he picked all the gifts out and the time was 4:00, he could feel himself getting heavier and heavier with worry, guilt, and fear.

     Who knows what would happen… but then again what was the worst that could happen if he dealt with it and never saw her again? He was currently in front of D.O.’s café, wondering if he should go in or not. It’s not like he had a choice… but he could himself wanting to run away. After calming himself down and breathing in deeply, he headed in.

     The moment he stepped inside, he saw her, almost felt her radiating from the corner of the cafe. She was still as… beautiful as always.

     She wore a tight black dress with a white jacket over her shoulders. Brown locks of curly hair cascaded down her back. One perfect long leg was crossed over the other and her slender fingers were wrapped around a cold drink. If Minyoung was an angel, then this girl would be a goddess. As enchanting as she was, her charms didn’t get to him. He was unaffected at all.

     Sehun walked slowly to the chair in front of her and seated himself. He caught  Kyungsoo’s eyes, who were questioning him. Sehun mouthed, it’s not what you think.  Kyungsoo seemed to catch onto what this was all about, as he nodded.  

     Kyungsoo did think it was a bit strange for the most popular girl in junior high to come to a typical café like this… He understood that this was probably some sort of a meeting to figure things out. (Kyungsoo remembered that Sehun had once crushed on her back in when they all went to school together…) Sehun turned to look at the girl in front of him and raised an eyebrow. She smirked.

     “Hello Sehun. Glad to see you could make it,” she said, tucking her hair behind an ear. He gave her a forced smile.

     “Yeah,” he said through gritted teeth. “I was thinking I shouldn’t but then you used your dirty ways to get me here. What do you want Senah?” Her laugh tinkled through the café. She gazed into his cold eyes and then looked down at her drink.

     “Well Sehun, I’ve just finished my relationship with your cousin,” she said as she mixed her drink. She looked back up at him.

     “Surprised?” Sehun was, but he was unfazed.

     “And?”

     “Oh I don’t know… I can be yours now.”

     “No. I have a girl more loyal and more appealing than you. She’s my type of girl, not you.

     “Pshh… that excuse of a girl. Well she is cute… But won’t you break up with Minyoung and love me like you used to? You used to wait for me in front of my house every day to walk me to school. You danced with me on the talent show. You gave your first kiss to me. You called me the prettiest girl you’ve ever seen…”

     “Stop it,” he said firmly. She smiled with a malicious glint in her eyes.

     “What if I don’t?” she drawled. “I can go on for ages about all the things you did for me.”

     “I said to stop… Instead tell me this. How do you about Minyoung? Was it my cousin?” he asked accusingly.

     “Why yes? He was kind enough to tell me about the time he saw you and Minyoung enter her house together. He watched the whole scene where you saved her from that man who tried to hurt her,” Senah said. Sehun’s eyes widened. He saw all that? Well… Sehun wasn’t surprised. His cousin did live really close to Minyoung… a little too close for his liking.

     “And you basically dumped him because?”

     “Let’s just say he was boring,” she said lazily. “All he did was tell me he loved me. We ate at restaurants, went to the park, hung out with other couples. And I just didn’t find him interesting anymore.” Anger boiled in Sehun.

     True, he disliked his cousin. But the fact that Senah so naturally broke up with him and talked as if there was nothing to it made him irritated. It reminded him of how he felt, when he was thrown away. He fought back the hateful words that clawed at his throat to leap up and attack Senah. He breathed in and out deeply.

     “Why did you want to meet me?”

     “Ok then, let’s get to the point. The reason why I called you over today is because I want you to be my boyfriend. You’re handsome, clever, and charming… And of course I remember all of your commitments to me, such as your gifts and hand-written letters… Sehun, you and I can be together now. Won’t you be mine?” she whispered.

     He could feel himself go weak. He could feel himself drowning in her large almond-shaped eyes he once admired. His eyes didn’t know where to look. Definitely not at her enchanting eyes and pouting lips. And definitely not at her cleavage. The bells of the door clanged.  Kyungsoo gave an unmanly squeak and Senah’s eyes drifted towards the door. Sehun frowned and was about to look back when… full lips crashed into his. His eyes widened as Senah kissed him, as she grabbed a hold of his hands. Minyoung could only stare blankly at them, not wanting to believe her eyes.

 

AUTHORS NOTE
Lots of shockers! Who's the bad cousin that knows Minyoung so well? What is up with Senah? What'll happen next? Idk myself :P

In case you want to know Senah in my mind looks a bit like BoA.

BoA-for-The-Celebrity-Magazine-May-2015-