Chapter 2

The Wolves and the Beauty

"Is this how they greet? Cold stares?" Ara whispered at herself as she glanced at her new classmates one-by-one. That nervous thingy came out of her, it was replaced by a bit of fear. Every step she took can be heard clearly. Awkward silence filled the air with a tinge of bitterness.


Gladly, she found an empty seat and placed her backpack on it, she slowly sat while taking a gulp. All eyes are on her, way to close. 


Ara got her notebook out and opened it slowly, her hands were trembling in fear. This is not a good start. She thought.


She sighed and took a deep breath. "I'm cool." she muttered and doodled at a piece of paper. Her head was resting at her left hand while the other was holding a pen. Why are they staring at me? She thought and started to panic, again. Her eyes were scanning their faces while doing a lip-bite. 


The door cranked open which surprised her, she turned her head at the back and peeked. It was their teacher, relief was covered at her mind as she held a big but light sigh. The guy teacher made his way through the front, holding his book and other stuffs. He managed to form a warm and welcoming smile before speaking.


"Goodmorning, everyone." he held his head high while taking a look one by one at the students, like not seeing them for a year. But what caught his eye, was a new face of a... Girl? He thought immediately, forming a curve at his forehead.


"Well, I see that we have a new student here? Why don't you introduce yourself infront of the class, to know you even more, alright?" he smiled and gestured his hands for her to come at the front, to speak.


Aish, why at the front? She thought and faintly smiled at her teacher. She stood up slowly while reaching for a strand of her hair and placed it behind her right ear. 

Ara walked calmly, but inside her, she's already panicing like crazy. Her hands were trembling as she made her way to the front. But something made her realize... she counted the number of students inside the classroom using her mind.
20..21..22..23..24 Alright, there are 24 guys here in this room except for our teacher, and there are.... Wait, wait, wait. Where's the girls? 


She formed a curl at her forehead while in great confusion. Her teacher gave a light chuckle which caused her to flinch a little.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" he asked in a sarcastic way, Ara quickly nodded in response while waiting for him to continue.
"Actually, last year. There are 24 guys in here, you could see." he pointed at the guys infront of her. They were sending her cold stares.


"But there are no girls.. except for you." the last sentence echoed at her mind. I'm just the girl in this class? Holy cow. She though and bit her lip.
"Don't worry, your welcome in here." he said and gave her a warm smile. She smiled back and turned to face the others.


"Hi, I'm.. uhh. K-kim Ara, I'm turning 18 at the next 2 months and I'm from Jeguk High. That's all." she gave an urge to smile at them then creepily glanced at the teacher.


"Alright Ara, as you can see. Your ages here aren't the same, even if you're all in 3rd year highschool. There's this generation gap and all, okay? Now you can sit." he replied and smiled once again. She bowed at him and turned to walk to where her seat is. 
But she now realized that there was a guy sitting beside her, she quickly turned her head and the guy surprised her. 


"BOO!" he shouted a little and made a funny face. He's a nice guy. She thought and giggled. The guy arranged his self and offered his hand for a shake, she took it and smiled. 


"I'm Taehyung, Kim Taehyung. We're both Kim's." he said while shaking her hand. She nodded and started to get awkward.


"You.. could...uhhh.. let go of.. my hand." She slowly said while he was smiling brightly.


"Oh, yeah. Sorry." he did a peace sign and sheepishly smiled. I turned to face our teacher as he spoke.


"Yeah, I'm Dong YoungBae, from now on.. Call me Mr.Dong, okay?" he wiggled his brows and scanned his eyes at the room. 


"Mr.Ding-dong!" A guy with a sharp jawline said as everyone roared in laughter. Honestly, I laughed too.


"Tch, Funny Mr.Jongdae.. Nevermind, just call me Mr.YoungBae, or Mr.Young. Whatever." he stated as everyone laughed again. 


This is getting more comfy. Ara thought as she held a big sigh.


"I know, right?" Taehyung said as she glanced at him. Is he reading my mind? She thought and curled her eyebrows. He was crossing her arms as he was leaning his head to the chair.


"No, I'm not." he said again, this time, she flinched a little. 


"Yah. Are you really reading my mind?" she replied as her eyes widened. Taehyung uncrossed his arms as he gave a shocked look.


"No, I'm not." he said and waited for her reply. 


"Geez, I thought you were." she hissed and glanced at YoungBae again.


That was weird. She thought.

--/--


The bell rang and it's already Lunch time, the students hurriedly walked to the door as they excitedly waited for the food. 


Ara stood up and grabbed her backpack, but then, a group of guys surrounded her.

Exactly, there were 5 guys. They send her some glares, frightening her. A guy stepped closer to her. She took a big gulp and her heart was beating faster. He leant towards her ear and whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You should get out of here, before it's too late..."