Chat Time

When They were Left Alone

            “Do you want some toasted bread?” asked Kyungsoo after taking Tao down on the couch. “Or do you want to eat the cake again? You should eat something before you eat the medicine.”

            “Hmm… toasted bread is okay. No jam, Kyungsoo yah,” Tao answered as he lay down on the couch then put the bottle on his stomach. Shortly after that, Kyungsoo gave him a sheet of bread, his medicine, and a glass of water. He ate them quickly then he took a rest again after that. “Kyungsoo yah,” he called the older, who was in the kitchen putting the dish and a glass in the sink.

            “Why?” Kyungsoo asked when he came back to the living room then sat on the couch.

            “I’m bored,” Tao admitted. “Let’s talk or play any game~”

            “Let’s just talk,” Kyungsoo decided. “Do you feel better now?”

            Tao nodded in response. “Thanks for taking care of me anyway. I don’t know you can be this nice to me.”

            “Yah! What do you mean? I always be nice to anyone.”

            “Anyone, except me. You always yell at me, angry at me, threat me, slap me…”

            “Stop it, Tao yah! I feel guilty now,” begged Kyungsoo. He was silent for a while as he looked at Tao fixedly then sighed. “Well, yeah… I admit that’s all true, but I did that with reason. It doesn’t mean I don’t like you or I hate you. No. I like you, Tao yah. I love you, but sometimes I can’t stand with you when you started begging, sulking, whining… man, you’re not a baby again!” Kyungsoo stopped his sentences when he looked Tao bent down his head. He sighed again the came closer to the younger. “I’m sorry for all bad things I’ve done to you. I’m so sorry, Tao yah,” he said then he caressed Tao’s hair. “I did that for your sake so you can be a real man. Let’s be a real man!”

            Tao looked up at Kyungsoo slowly, who bent on his knees, then he smiled and nodded. “Kyungsoo yah, can I tell you the truth?” he asked.

            “Sure. What’s that?”

            “When the first time we met, I thought you were younger than me because of your height. Don’t slap me!” Tao exclaimed when Kyungsoo was about to slap his face. “I won’t tell something in a bad way so can you control yourself?” After Kyungsoo nodded in response, Tao continued his sentences. “Then I knew that we share the same age and I was so surprised when I realized we have an opposite personality. Yeah, just like you’ve said before that I’m still begging, sulking, whining while you being mature all the way. Sometimes I’m ashamed with myself that I can’t be like you, but I can’t pretend to be the other person either. So, Kyungsoo yah, I want to learn more about maturity from you and I hope we can be closer after that.”

            Kyungsoo smiled widely at Tao then he nodded. “I’ll help you, Tao yah. Don’t worry,” he said. He was about to get up from his knees but Tao pulled him into his embrace then the younger hugged him so tightly. “Yah… what’re you doing?” he asked confusedly.

            “I just want to hug you,” said Tao as he tighter his embrace. “I never hugged you in person so let me hug you for a while.”

            Kyungsoo did not say a word. He let Tao hug him for a while then he pulled himself from the younger when Tao stopped hugging him. “I’m going to take a bath since I haven’t bathed today,” he chuckled.

            “Me too,” said Tao then he sat on the couch. “Let’s take a bath together!”

            Kyungsoo’s eyes widened hearing that request in surprise then he shook his head. “NO!” he answered firmly. “You said you wanted to learn about maturity and that’s the rule number one. You should take a bath alone!” he said. “I never take a bath with the other and I think I don’t like it.”

            “Please, let me take a bath with you~” Tao started begging. “Just this time~”

            “NO!” answered Kyungsoo then left Tao alone and walked straight to the bathroom.

 

***